BREAKING: Shannon Sharpe’s partnership with Skip Bayless is coming to a conclusion soon; Shannon has reached a buyout with FS1.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
First I was like :eek: But I understand. Shannon don't need that shit. Don't blame him for leaving. He can go do his own thing if that's what he wants.

As for Skip, like it or not, he will be good. He's been doing this since he started with Woody Paige. He is the constant. They will stick someone else on the other side and keep it moving. Villians tend to be the draw.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
:smh: BGOL done fell off

You're the one saying Shannon is a coon but won't give an example.

I've been following Shannon since his days as a Broncos since I was a Broncos fan. Not,one time he indicated he was a coon.

He's one of the few people that actually speak on black people's issues on TV unlike Coon Smith. Matter of fact,it was him and another teammate that called Bill Romanowski out after that incident on Monday football but you're saying he's a coon...

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Joe needs to move to a later time slot (karen's slot) or retire

Karen has become boring

Wilmer Leon needs to be the morning or midday show.

Bring in some fresh new talent
True , the first 4 to 5 years of her show were entertaining and informative. Lately is redundant and predictable. I rarely listen and wonder if the ratings have tanked

Replace Sharpton show with Wilmer, it's criminal bruh show is only once a week

They fucked up by canceling Godfrey

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I'm curious to hear the details of this.

The fact that they're letting him walk with his Club Shay Shay brand is also confusing.

I feel like he either had some sort of serious leverage over them or they know something about Shannon they feel will or could irreparably damage him so much that they want to completely cut all ties with him before shit hits the fan.

Why wouldn't they?

That's his.

It's not like they Club Shay Shay could be someone else. You normally can walk away with your pod or you can just start a new one.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shannon is a 54 years old, Multi Millionaire, who recently had hip surgery....

There is no need for him to be working 5 days a week...at any major network... arguing about LeBron and the Cowboys...

He should be looking for a return to Sundays or just podcasting one or twice a week...

Amazon Thursday Night Game would be a good look...

Last edited:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I predict Shannon will eventually work for one of Lebron's media companies. People don't realize how tight the two of them actually are. Maybe he brings his podcast to LeBron and them but I can see them developing that business relationship.

As for Fox, people can say what they want but white America loves skips bullshit. He's fine. Cowherd is fucking talented. The rest of those shows are fucking horrible.

But the biggest winner here is Steven A. Smith's First Take. Undisputed was eating at their ratings but Skip destroyed that shit from within.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I predict Shannon will eventually work for one of Lebron's media companies. People don't realize how tight the two of them actually are. Maybe he brings his podcast to LeBron and them but I can see them developing that business relationship.

As for Fox, people can say what they want but white America loves skips bullshit. He's fine. Cowherd is fucking talented. The rest of those shows are fucking horrible.

But the biggest winner here is Steven A. Smith's First Take. Undisputed was eating at their ratings but Skip destroyed that shit from within.
I'm sure this already happened. Shannon is the perfect face for Clutch sports news.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Skip on speed dial looking for a black savior.

Skip cant even pull a SAS and call in rotating guest... Everybody hates his guts...

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Skip cant even pull a SAS and call in rotating guest... Everybody hates his guts...

Maybe but I guarantee someone's going to take that check and work with him.

They'll just try to sell it as them being the person Skip can't pull that shit with and that whoever they hire will be someone to match him (such as someone with a Charles Barkley personality for example.)

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
:smh: BGOL done fell off
You’re not stating any cases that support your argument.

You say that he speaks bad on black athletes. Is it that or does he call them out when they fuck up? He was one of the first people to call out Ja when he was fumbling his life.

He called out Antonio Brown early to try and get his mind right.

This isn’t coon behavior. This is mentoring, though it may seem harsh and young people with money tend not to listen, its not like he is dissing them.

I don’t think you know what coon means.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Kwame Brown & Skip :giggle:

Wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest.

I could definitely see Gilbert Arenas in that seat if Skip would be willing, especially with the attention he's been getting in the last year due to shit he says on social media and interviews as well as his not give a fuck attitude.

It's just a matter of whether Skip would be comfortable with him since he could be unpredictable.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
People seem to forget that 5 of the 7 titles that Brady has was carried by the Patriots defense...

Shannon was an elite tight end while playing to say he was jealous of Tom Brady was asinine and crazy to me.

*In Big Boy from ATL voice* BOYY STOPPPPP :lol:

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True , the first 4 to 5 years of her show were entertaining and informative. Lately is redundant and predictable. I rarely listen and wonder if the ratings have tanked

Replace Sharpton show with Wilmer, it's criminal bruh show is only once a week

They fucked up by canceling Godfrey

The best show on the damn channel.

I used to listen all the time to the station but it's horrible now.