The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
74dd697b87f725d6b7dd267a230f7cf9171ea889.gifv

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is gonna win awards for costumes set design editing make up score and cinematography

Cause it LOOKS incredible

Just wow the director and writer had a very distinct vision

And on screen so far?

It looks epic

But that don't make a good movie.

Fingers crossed we will soon see

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is gonna win awards for costumes set design editing make up score and cinematography

Cause it LOOKS incredible

Just wow the director and writer had a very distinct vision

And on screen so far?

It looks epic

But that don't make a good movie.

Fingers crossed we will soon see

@ViCiouS

Come on cuz...

You saying the clips we seen visually look BAD?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yes... I'm seeing the gaps
granted this isn't finished product...

issues - editing of fights and fight choreography
the Bat costume...
and Paterson...

That's what I'm saying...

If he polishes this?

He got a classic

You can SEE what they going for and they CLOSE.

Sidebar...

For a so called non creative?

You got a critical eye like a muthafuka

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
It looks okay, feels like it could end up being underwhelming, Something just doesn't let me get excited for this. There's just a lack of intensity or any one moment that grabs me, it's like I've seen all these bits and piece before, a bit of begins(color pallet, look of Gotham) a little ertha Kitt catwoman, a little year one, a little heath ledger type spin on riddler, just make it younger. I guess I'm also not the biggest fan of Matt reeves so that's throwing me off. I can't say I'm very excited. With that said I'm going in cautiously optimistic that it'll at least be good.

Hell it can't be worse than the matrix.(come back to this comment after the premiere to see if these are famous last words)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It looks okay, feels like it could end up being underwhelming, Something just doesn't let me get excited for this. There's just a lack of intensity or any one moment that grabs me, it's like I've seen all these bits and piece before, a bit of begins(color pallet, look of Gotham) a little ertha Kitt catwoman, a little year one, a little heath ledger type spin on riddler, just make it younger. I guess I'm also not the biggest fan of Matt reeves so that's throwing me off. I can't say I'm very excited. With that said I'm going in cautiously optimistic that it'll at least be good.

Hell it can't be worse than the matrix.(come back to this comment after the premiere to see if these are famous last words)

I hear you but I feel like it's dilberate.

It looks like it's trying to somehow take from every version we have seen and give us a young batman story influenced by that.

It has a strong graphic novel vibe

It's got Nolan, Timm, Burton, '66, Tim sale, etc influences

Again I am being very very positive

Plus the audience seems so enthusiastic for this one and I was not expecting that.

Honestly yall are the most skeptical I have heard.

Fingers crossed I actually WANT to see a good batman movie.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It's got Nolan, Timm, Burton, '66, Tim sale, etc influences
<geek>

and thats one problem...
pick a style

You can't do Burton AND Brubaker or Jim Lee
You can't borrow from Nolan and avoid film noir...

so now this trailer looks like a half assed try for the look of the Arkham games

...respect to Timm Dini Loeb Lee Brubaker Moore etc...

</geek>

wb/dc execs:

perfect_comebacks_do_exist_11.gif

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Unrelated to this Batman installment but.....

Saw the DC cinematic sub Reddit in shambles over The Flash movie leaks. This is what I found. :smh:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Unrelated to this Batman installment but.....

Saw the DC cinematic sub Reddit in shambles over The Flash movie leaks. This is what I found. :smh:

Will this be Jurnee Smollett's Black Canary? So seem like they are replacing the white men with white women. Good old DC. Can they replace Wonder Woman with Nubia? Nah right. Maybe 2030.