The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
7b2546af90f433b223e4037849b18046913bbc65.gifv

2adce02ecf0dec80a25a4fbac07b60572e39a02f.gifv

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Ben Affleck is Batman just like Henry Cavill is Superman!!! I said it!!!

Keaton and Bale were much better then Affleck. Though its not Affleck's fault, cause he was given terrible movies to act in.

Caville is the best since Reeve Ill give him that. I liked Caville's first superman movie, the rest was trash.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Keaton and Bale were much better then Affleck. Though its not Affleck's fault, cause he was given terrible movies to act in.

Caville is the best since Reeve Ill give him that.
While I enjoyed the 1st 2 Bale movies, Affleck is the cartoon/videogame Batman I've always wanted to see on screen. A Batman fight should look insane, he's a master at several different martial arts. You watch them Bale fights after watching the warehouse scene in BvS Bale looks like shit.

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
While I enjoyed the 1st 2 Bale movies, Affleck is the cartoon/videogame Batman I've always wanted to see on screen. A Batman fight should look insane, he's a master at several different martial arts. You watch them Bale fights after watching the warehouse scene in BvS Bale looks like shit.
That warehouse scene was fucking brutal! Best part of the whole damn movie.

The ironic thing is that for all the initial complaints that people had about Affleck, he was perfect as the older, cynical Bruce.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SUPER conflicted! Batman doesn't walk down high caliber gun fire! Small caliber HURTS since he rolls from a 9mm shot! But he is walking down TWO automatic weapons.
I didn't know Heath Ledger is playing the Riddler too! I think EVERYBODY else will be really good in this, but Robert Pattison seems like he is phoning it in.
I honestly think he makes a better Nightwing than he does Batman... or Nightwing BEING Batman.
I am excited for this for all the wrong reasons! I want to see how Gordon (Wright), Alfred (Serkis), Cobblepot (Ferrel), Falcone (Turturro) play their roles.
The fight scenes so far seem like a lot and don't add to what seems to be going on and granted this is a trailer so hopefully they'll make sense in the movie.
But I thought we were done with the Warrior type gangs? Jokes gang all dress up like him, Penguins gang all dress up in some kind of cold/penguin attire. Riddlers gang dresses in ?uestion Marks.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Michael Keaton is the best Bruce Wayne
Christian Bale is the best LOOKING Bruce Wayne
Affleck is the best Batman

Trying to compare Reeve to Cavil is not fair as Reeve's could teach a master class on acting and Cavil would have to take notes. If you look at how he walked around as Clark Kent to Superman, NOBODY has been able to pull of that kind of acting. Which is more the fault of the director.