BREAKING: Pelicans agree to trade AD to the Lakers

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I completely disagree with this.

We’ll see how it works out. But if they don’t get more shooting, I’m putting 5 people in the lane. No drives for LeBron, no post ups for AD. And turn this into a jump shooting contest.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought all the pick they were stockpiling was for AD?

That was Boston's master plan trading all these "assets" for AD to get their big man for the future. The Lakers traded potential, some likely mid round picks and useless pick swaps if the team does well for a 3 time 1st team All NBA player going into his prime. Danny Ainge has been great at getting picks but that's about it. He had one job and that was to get Kyrie to stay, then he could finally trade Tatum, who has potential to be great but Kryie and AD, especially with Golden State down would be a favorite to win it all now.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed

These are who i look at...

Of course Kawhi

And kemba and jimmy

Klay and kd aint leaving but you can ask

If kyrie was smart...

But to keep the money right?

Surrond those 2 with SHOOTERS???

Beale

Bojan

Danny Green

Terrance ross

JJ

Brogdon

Khris middleton

And seriously?

D'Angelo Russell

Insanity but...

If JR Smith will take minimum

Hell maybe even DWade?

@largebillsonlyplease am i nuts?
Very nuts

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
How does AD become spot up?

That’s LeBron’s offense. In Miami he had Wade and Bosh and company shooting jumpers. He squeaked out win against San Antonio (Allen) and got killed the following year. At GS (toss out the first one for the bitches who think the Cavs has a shot) the best he could do against them at full strength was 3-1.

The fact is AD’s addition wouldn’t matter if GS was healthy. There’s a reason that style of ball has failed miserably considering the number of Finals appearances. The problem is folks always talk about “help” and not the style of play. A team of shooters will knock them off in seven. There’s nothing to suggest that won’t happen if you look at it historically.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
We’ll see how it works out. But if they don’t get more shooting, I’m putting 5 people in the lane. No drives for LeBron, no post ups for AD. And turn this into a jump shooting contest.
Its June and you're saying that the Lakers don't have 3pt shooting while they only have 5 players signed into next year. Trust the Lakers aren't gonna make that same mistake they made last year. GSW aren't a dynasty anymore. KD will probably rehab the entire 2020 season & Klay rehab is 8 months so he won't be available until after all-star break at the earliest. Its the Lakers year to go all in.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Same way chris bosh did.

Same way Kevin love did.
Bron is also on the downside of his career. AD is a legit superstar so I'm hoping they make the best of this situation. The pick and roll between the two will be unguardable.

I'm a Laker fan and have been one while we had Chris Kaman & Xavier Henry so cut me a break. I'm hopeful and so much shit.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I wrote that wrong

I would never dismiss what that brother did

You saw i went in on the "genius" of Ainge

What i meant was Lebron and Rich showing rob the blueprint, Masai did too.

Now time for that man to put up or shut up

No Magic scapegoat

My point is they got 2 all time greats and over 30 mil cap space.

With a mid level exception

And a fertile free agency pool

And ALL teams willing to deal.

Rob its on you...
Lakers don't and won't have 30 mil, they might have 23. There's not going to be another Max signing

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Think they need to get solid pieces around them and call it a day. An

Elfrid payton
JJ Reddick/Danny Greene
Marcus Morris/Jamychal Green

Combo works better than bringing in Kemba/Kyrie solely

Agreed and definitely better than an AD + Kyrie on the injury risk alone.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
T-Bob Hebert is the son of former Saints QB Bobby Hebert and a former (football) center at LSU, he is a radio host now.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Well Randle can step away from the basket, so that can work...he’s kinda a smaller 5 but is very physical in the post to bang with the best....so it can work if they want it to....but at that price is the key...

No he can't

He's still working on becoming a better outside player and apparently his defense is getting even worse.

He just cared about stats for free agency.

I'm glad he's no longer our problem.

I hate that Magic didn't check him

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
No he can't

He's still working on becoming a better outside player and apparently his defense is getting even worse.

He just cared about stats for free agency.

I'm glad he's no longer our problem.

I hate that Magic didn't check him

I think he was around 35% from deep, so that’s a start....not that I like big man shooting out there but it is what it is

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I think he was around 35% from deep, so that’s a start....not that I like big man shooting out there but it is what it is

Yeah. He improved his offense and shooting.. it's the defense that's more of an issue than his shooting now