BREAKING: INVASION HAS BEGUN..... Putin's "3-day war"... NOW... 1 YEAR 338 DAYS ...WAGNER HEAD SAYS GROUP STANDING DOWN AFTER CLAIMS OF DEAL

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Remember Russia ain’t the one folks with that bs PR…

what is very noticeable about this picture

It looks like a generic photo of the Krab self propelled howitzer. Poland sent 18 to start and then sold 60 more to the Ukranians. Big deal for Poland as they are Polish made and they really hate the Russians. :lol:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

895429_original.jpg

The actual value of the map is beautifully described by the people in the chat who are familiar with the real situation on the frontline:

• I was there, where these arrows are pointing. I never thought that from the company of always hammered reservists such a large arrow can be drawn.
  • He’s an artist, he sees this way.

As you’ve already probably guessed, only the sense of humours saves me from a massive permanent drinking binge similar to the description by the chat members above.

A few words on the theses on the map.

1. UAF have lost between a third and a half of the combat vehicles.

AF RF since the start of the SMO have lost the majority of the modern T-72/90 modifications and the majority of the BMP-3 fleet. Over a month ago the Belohirivka crossing demonstrated not only the monstrous situation with command’s incompetency in some places, but also the fact that RF AF are now fighting with second or third sets of equipment consisting of the same BMP-1 which the Ukrainian army is now receiving from the Eastern European allies. In fact, the UAF have all the chances to soon receive more modern equipment to replenish their losses, but the RF AF and LPR People Militia’s corps have no chance of replenishing with modern produce of our military-industrial complex. It just does not produce enough to replenish, and it won’t be any time soon.

So going to the frontline are T-62s and BMP-1s taken off from storage, and, for example, the radio navigational equipment on these vehicles has either rotted away or is just missing, or represented by R-123 radio stations, meanwhile the UAF have have streamlined deliveries of digital “Motorola”s and GPS-receivers of a military grade. For understanding, if now in one of the tank battalions of the DPR and LPR People’s Militia there is at least one fully combat-ready tank company (out of three or four it is meant to have), then this is a record and a reason for pride. In fact, the majority of the combat-ready vehicles consist of the trophied Ukrainian T-64s which have been captured in a more or less decent state compared to the own T-64 of the people’s militants.

2. In a number of areas of the frontline the Ukrainian units are working in the “fire brigade mode”.

Advancing from our side in those areas of the frontlines are the same “fire brigades” put together from remnants of RF AF and PM Republics, which still retain combat capability.

3. Professional staffing of the UAF is catastrophic: professionals on contract are 15-40% less than before.

In RF AF and LM AF the staffing is much worse, complicated by a mass of Russian refuseniks.

• Reservists and territorial defence members require long training

What nonsense! What a rubbish these Ukrainians came up with, right?! Training someone… We throw the mobilised right to the frontline! THAT’S THE IDEA! And certainly, the process for constant training of large combat-ready reserves is non-existent. It’s not created, not being created and it is not known when this bright idea reaches the brains of the command.

• The stream of foreign mercenaries is decreasing. We will be hanging this scum

Just like Tayra, right? She, by the way, was accused by our propagandists of killing a family couple with a goal of taking possession of their children and fleeing Mariupol. So it’s an obvious war crime which demands hanging. So what? We were either lied to, or exchanging the sons of our generals is more important than punishing the murderer of civilians caught red-handed. The crippled militants, who were lucky to survive in Mariupol, will appreciate this approach, I believe.

4. Supplies of foreign weapons are not enough.

5. Without restoring the military industry, “lend-lease” is useless.

For us, the same. How do we “increase the production of UAVs” in conditions where all the optics for them fell under even more brutal sanctions? We can’t. Same situation in a number of other areas.

RF AF, supposedly equipped with the most modern radios of the closed military radio communications “Azart”, 250,000 rubles of the state budget per each portable unit, are using in combat operations the Chinese radios “Baofeng” which are effortlessly listened by the enemy (2500 rubles for a unit).

Optics, electronics, communications, thermal and night visors are supplied to the army by volunteers. In reservist units in the 3 months of war even the supplies the most elementary items such as primitive combat medicine tools have not been established, not even saying that reservists are fighting without any proper individual armoured defence.

6. We are waiting for the Russian offensive.

Keep waiting.

:lol:

The Tayra mentioned near the end is the medic that was exchanged a few days ago. They claimed she was a terrorist etc. that they were going to execute but of course the didn't happen. These translations are helpful because you get first hand confirmation of the much of what western intelligence agencies are reporting.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Ummmmm very interesting

I let your ass roam freely and this what you wants to do

now come back here

FVh44wsXsAMWryV

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
That’s friendly fire is a mudda fucker
PS… these were soldier of that other Nazi terror group…. Their leader was capture, his pictures is on the other page
FVm84zhakAEs7qb

FVm8-0RaQAAAnaZ
FVm82PVacAA_fpF
FVm887gaUAEwVHS

FVplr_mWUAAMVm2

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Foreign Legion was heavily involved in/around severodonetsk which is why you saw the TASS meltdown from Friday claiming to have killed 1,900+ mercenaries of which 200+ were americans. :smh: :lol: They know the importance of social media etc. which is why the Chechens were doing the dumb TikTok shit until they stopped for some reason :rolleyes::lol:. I expect the next TASS release will be that there were never any "mercenaries"...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This ain’t good, the Azot plant is almost encircled

the DPR folks are crazy, they on a suicide mission (left of the plant and between the river)

across the river is Ukrainian fire power
FVoF_AiWUAAA2nV

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Y’all remember that border sign PR Stunt
well guess where the next front line focus gonna be after Donbas…

yup u guess it Kharkiv… it’s looking like new troops coming from Russia to do this capture

while others will go to Mykolaiv

FVoCFtQaQAIjTnC

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Igor Girkin shares on his Telegram the latest update on the operational situation in Donbas claiming that both sides have reached a draw with a slight advantage for the Ukrainian forces who managed to buy time. Expects Donetsk frontline to become quieter in favour of battles in Kharkiv and Kherson directions:

Operational situation on the frontline.

It is characterised with a final ending of the Second (“concrete”) stage of the so-called SMO. Advance of RF AF and LPR AF (which are fully subordinate to the command of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, if someone hasn’t realised that yet) in Donbas has completely exhausted itself. It appears that our forces have reached the upper limit of their offensive capabilities, and the most that can be expected from them is that they will be able to “finish off” the Severodonetsk industrial zone and the remaining UAF foothold at Severskyi Donets in this area.

In other sections of active hostilities the operational pause has emerged.

During the battle which lasted for almost two months, both sides have suffered massive (in comparison with the total number of manpower and equipment deployed) losses. In manpower, Ukrainians have lost noticeably more, but they are able to quickly replenish their losses, and even being “a string” away from the defeat they did not deploy strategic reserves, firmly adhering to the defensive tactics chosen for this operation.

In general, when evaluating the operation from the military theoretical point of view, it is incorrect to be talking about a “victory” for both sides:

• Russian forces failed to neither reach the set strategic goals, nor even get significantly closer to them (it is as far until the liberation of Donbas as it was in May). At the same time, they managed after all to liberate a number of important and large localities (Popasna, Krasyi Lyman, Severodonetsk), throw the UAF back beyond the Siverskyi Donets and defeat nearly “to the ground” a number of units and formations of the UAF.
  • Ukrainian command, in general, managed to solve their man objective of holding the area around Donetsk and Horlivka, prevent the defeat of the main forces of their Donetsk group, and win time to create new reserves. At the same time, this resulted in significant losses and a drop in morale in a part of the troops.
In general, the result of the May-June battle for Donbas can be called “a draw”. Yet, generally the scales (in my subjective opinion) have slightly leaned towards Kyiv. Why? The answer is simple: their gain of time.

RF AF failed to defeat UAF with its final strong forces. Now they require reforming and large replenishments to restore combat ability.

This does not mean of course that the Russian General Staff has no more reserves available. The are reserves – they are being “urgently” prepared since April – early May. New units and formations are being put together, in fact their replenishment (similar to the idiotic-ostentatious desire “a la Hitler-1944” to have as many units and formations “on paper”) is carried out thanks to a lack of reinforcements for the existing experienced units taking large losses right now. In result, reaching the frontline will be “completely raw” units mixed with those that were withdrawn and replenished after the “run to the border”.

However, the situation for Ukrainians is roughly the same – many new units consisting of recruits plus some reinforced professionals that avoided the “Donetsk meatgrinder”.

How long will this operational pause last and when the summer battle for the initiative (announced by Kadyrov as a “rapid and effective” stage) will start – I don’t know. This might take from a week to a month and half. Hardly any longer. It is unlikely that our military will be able to delay until autumn the start of a new offensive operation while enduring continuously increasing shelling of Donetsk and the territory of the Russian Federation itself. More precisely, it is unlikely the political leadership will endure such restraint. Likewise for the UAF – after large losses on the frontline their political-military authorities acutely require a large (or at least one that looks large) military success.

I continue presuming that the battle might take a “counter-multidirectional character”. Russian forces might be advancing in one area, while Ukrainians in the other. Meanwhile, both sides will attempt to “catch” each other out with a successful defence combined with counter-attacks. Donetsk frontline, likely, will for sometime become quiet (which absolutely does not mean the end to the terrorist shelling by the Armed Forces of Ukraine and battles of a local significance). I cautiously assume the main battle will take place around Kherson and Kharkiv. At least, it is at the Kherson direction that a fairly large strike force of UAF is concentrated.

To what extent my predictions will come true – time will tell. I cannot claim high accuracy of “time and place” predictions without having any information from the military staff sources and making conclusions based on a fairly rare “mosaic” and my own thoughts.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh: :lol:
:laptop: :laptop: :laptop:

:shades::shades::shades:
I don’t know which side he’s really from but there you go

I asked because I know about who originally published this and also know that Russian telegram was, inexplicably of course, claiming him to be a Ukrainian soldier. :smh: They have done this before but It is a pro Lukashenko, obviously, Belarusian governmental agency that is currently collecting "extremists" many of whom are just people who have protested/dissented etc. in Belarus. They also specialize in helping russia with their narratives as was the case with this belarussian cac. The other "evidence" they gathered included things very similar to those found in the nazi lair the Russians found after they invaded Ukraine. You know, the one that had the SIMS video game because the idiot russians misunderstood the FSB note to include cell phone sims...:smh::lol:

This is from the same source:

5Crmqj1.jpg

Notice her offense is being photographed with the "radical" flag of those who disapprove. Lukashenko supporters and pro russians wave the reg/green soviet era flag so being a literal nazi is on par with disagreeing with the current government in the eyes of Lukashenko and his idiots. :smh:

Just a little refresher on the very clever FSB :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
:smh: :lol:

I asked because I know about who originally published this and also know that Russian telegram was, inexplicably of course, claiming him to be a Ukrainian soldier. :smh: They have done this before but It is a pro Lukashenko, obviously, Belarusian governmental agency that is currently collecting "extremists" many of whom are just people who have protested/dissented etc. in Belarus. They also specialize in helping russia with their narratives as was the case with this belarussian cac. The other "evidence" they gathered included things very similar to those found in the nazi lair the Russians found after they invaded Ukraine. You know, the one what had the SIMS video game because the idiot russians misunderstood the FSB note to include cell phone sims...:smh::lol:

This is from the same source:

5Crmqj1.jpg

Notice her offense is being photographed with the "radical" flag of those who disapprove. Lukashenko supporters and pro russians wave the reg/green soviet era flag so being a literal nazi is on par with disagreeing with the current government in the eyes of Lukashenko and his idiots. :smh:

fa sho…. Man I don’t know who’s a Nazi or not
I’m be real As I can be, I actually felt all of them fuckers are Nazis

u know what’s sad, I took German in the 10th grade…..
But that was just because it was an easy grade…

All I know is Hilter wanted to kill a bunch of mudda fucks

know how to say good morning and good afternoon

Hilter family tree roots spread back to the people he was trying to wipe off the earth

after that I don’t know much about that region

Oooooh and…..blonde hair and blue eyes being pure in Hilter eyes

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
fa sho…. Man I don’t know who’s a Nazi or not
I’m be real As I can be, I actually felt all of them fuckers are Nazis

u know what’s sad, I took German in the 10th grade…..
But that was just because it was an easy grade…

All I know is Hilter wanted to kill a bunch of mudda fucks

know how to say good morning and good afternoon

Hilter family tree roots spread back to the people he was trying to wipe off the earth

after that I don’t know much about that region

Oooooh and…..blonde hair and blue eyes being pure in Hilter eyes

This shit is complex but ask yourself why there is an anti ukranian Italian account posting shit like like this that can be debunked in seconds? :smh: The goal is to muddy the water and get people in the middle to say "both sides" just like domestic politics. They aren't even trying anymore as evidenced by this low effort shit. Russians will be back in Moscow etc. while we have idiots on twitter talking about they are advancing on Krakow. :smh: I keep saying it but it is absolutely amazing to me that you have people here who buy into the bullshit and are way more optimistic than actual Russian ultra nationalists. :smh::lol: Girkin literally shot down MH17 but I am way more likely to get an honest assessment of what is going on in Ukraine from him than many of the "free thinkers" on social media.

This was was uspposed to be a "blitzkrieg" (ironic, right) with the initial waves of troops arriving in Kyiv brining their parade dress uniforms with them. :smh: Here we are 100+ days later and the 2nd most powerful military in the world still doesn't control the sky against an opponent with an air force smaller than Iraq's. That same force is also sending 50+ year old tanks into a combat zone but these, according to idiot contrarian twitter, are actions of a winning military.:smh:

I joke with some some of my work colleagues that 2016 was the year that the English speaking world became Eastern Europe in terms of susceptibility to bullshit. CPAC was held in Budapest this year, ask yourself why and what that may mean for the the upcoming elections. :smh:

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Weren't we just talking about escalating sanctions? :smh: They are so ineffective that you have russia threatening self immolation again. :lol:

This is part of the tactical feint, right? Just like the russians never really tried to take Kyiv and other major cities we are going to hear soon they never invaded Ukraine at all. :lol:

Actually, we are closer than I thought:

:lol:

He threatened Sweden and Finland into NATO membership so maybe he thinks he can threaten Lithuania out of NATO. :smh: The wild part is that Estonia, Poland, Lithuania, Slovenia et al. would do him a favor and do the false flag for him just to see NATO F-35s go against the bullshit we have seen seen thus far from the Russians.

Recall, the highlight of the recent St. Petersburg forum, curiously not mentioned on here :lol:, was Tokayev telling Putin to his face he doesn't recognize the Donetsk or Luhansk independent republics:

Of course, Russia needs to do maintenance on a terminal that services Kazakhstan now...:smh::lol:

Kazakhstan is a member of the ECU and EEU. The ECU was what russia wanted Ukraine to join in 2014 instead of the EU. Wildly ironic that on the same week Ukraine is set to again formally start the long road to the EU, Russia is threatening members of the economic union it created to compete with the EU. :smh: :lol:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
The most interesting aspect of this to me is how easily we have been giving money to this. For decades we have been told that Reparations was not realistic and we need extensive studies to figure out every detail before serious discussions. Now we are approving 54 Billion to Ukraine at the start of a Recession with inflation out of control with no issues.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The most interesting aspect of this to me is how easily we have been giving money to this. For decades we have been told that Reparations was not realistic and we need extensive studies to figure out every detail before serious discussions. Now we are approving 54 Billion to Ukraine at the start of a Recession with inflation out of control with no issues.

The most recent and realistic amounts for reparations from serious people like Darity and Hamilton is around 10-12 trillion. We have sent 54 billion to Ukraine which represents .0054% of the lowest estimated amount needed for any serious reparations program. The US military budget is around 800B which would represent 8% of the amount needed for reparations. (I'm using my phone calculator so check my math :lol: ) To put the 10-12 trillion in better context, the US has a total debt of around 30 trillion.

We have roughly 40 MM of Us in the US. If we take the 54 billion and distribute it to every Black person in the country it would amount to "reparations" in the form of a one time payment of $1,350. For perspective, Darity puts the household amount needed at 200K+ :smh: Hamilton has some good ideas about ways to structure it so that an initial cost of maybe a few trillion could compensate Us in a more meaningful way but the biggest hurdle besides money is obviously going to be cacs:

Support for reparations differs strongly across ethno-racial lines in the United States. In the 2014 poll, 79% of white Americans opposed cash payments as a form of reparations (6% supported; 15% were unsure). In contrast, only 19% of Black Americans were opposed (59% supported and 22% were unsure). In the 2021 poll, 72% of white Americans opposed this form of reparation (28% supported), while only 14% of Black Americans did (86% supported).

Reparations-views.png

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This shit is complex but ask yourself why there is an anti ukranian Italian account posting shit like like this that can be debunked in seconds? :smh: The goal is to muddy the water and get people in the middle to say "both sides" just like domestic politics. They aren't even trying anymore as evidenced by this low effort shit. Russians will be back in Moscow etc. while we have idiots on twitter talking about they are advancing on Krakow. :smh: I keep saying it but it is absolutely amazing to me that you have people here who buy into the bullshit and are way more optimistic than actual Russian ultra nationalists. :smh::lol: Girkin literally shot down MH17 but I am way more likely to get an honest assessment of what is going on in Ukraine from him than many of the "free thinkers" on social media.

This was was uspposed to be a "blitzkrieg" (ironic, right) with the initial waves of troops arriving in Kyiv brining their dress parade uniforms with them. :smh: Here we are 100+ days later and the 2nd most powerful military in the world still doesn't control the sky against an opponent with an air force smaller than Iraq's. That same force is also sending 50+ year old tanks into a combat zone but these, according to idiot contrarian twitter, are actions of winning military.:smh:

I joke with some some of my work colleagues that 2016 was the year that the English speaking world became Eastern Europe in terms of susceptibility to bullshit. CPAC was held in Budapest this year, ask yourself why and what that may mean for the the upcoming elections. :smh:

This was was uspposed to be a "blitzkrieg" (ironic, right) with the initial waves of troops arriving in Kyiv brining their parade dress uniforms with them. :smh: Here we are 100+ days later and the 2nd most powerful military in the world still doesn't control the sky against an opponent with an air force smaller than Iraq's. That same force is also sending 50+ year old tanks into a combat zone but these, according to idiot contrarian twitter, are actions of a winning military.:smh:

Bro you know I ain’t that sophisticated with lengthy knowledge about the situation :lol:

But I’m very curious as to why an Italian account would publish that.

blitzkrieg didn’t work many folks seems to think that is an excellent point

I agree that shock and awe approach didn’t do what they hoped

the elections, cpa and the Budapest is foreign language to me

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Zelenskyy is running a war and get's tapped to come out and see Ben Stiller.
Hope no one died from decisions not made, as he chills with Stiller.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro you know I ain’t that sophisticated with lengthy knowledge about the situation :lol:

But I’m very curious as to why an Italian account would publish that.

blitzkrieg didn’t work many folks seems to think that is an excellent point

I agree that shock and awe approach didn’t do what they hoped

the elections, cpa and the Budapest is foreign language to me

This is a good blog/podcast that goes through all of this shit especially the how/why behind russia making mistakes that seem very avoidable when they are really good at other things (see Brexit, '16 election in the US, France, Hungary etc. ) I copied a summary somebody made of the episode on this topic.

From Little Green Men to Tanks Outside Kyiv: Irregular Warfare in Ukraine since 2014

• (DeBenedictis) Original invasion of Crimea in 2014 and in Donbas was an example of hybrid warfare. Russia used informational/political/military tools to achieve goals, rather than high combat operations [I assume that this is jargon for "high-intensity conventional warfare"], though the threat of these was leveraged.

• (Kofman) What's happened in Donbas isn't really new; this is using tactics that have been in warfare for a long time. Georgia and other places saw Russia use similar tactics. There was much more interest in Russia in these tactics, starting in latter half of 2000s. The Russian military is honestly convinced that uprisings and revolutions in the ex-Soviet space have been engineered by the United States, and that the United States is really good at this, believes that the color revolutions are all engineered projects by the United States, same for Arab Spring. Part of this confirmation bias by Russian elites that popular mobilization is not possible without external involvement. This drove an explosion in Russian military interest in political warfare. Russian general staff actually tried to tamp down on this, because it thought that focus on this was excessive.
(host) Gerasimov had explicitly stated that Russia must become better at color revolutions than West.
  • (Kofman) Very common for militaries to try to identify what's working for major powers and aim to emulate it, but hard to imitate something that doesn't exist. This effort to replicate something that isn't there has contributed to causing some major Russian efforts to fail. For example, Russia attempted to engineer a counter-Maidan in Ukraine; this failed for that reason.

• (DeBenedictis) The "Gerasimov doctrine" is a misnomer -- Gerasimov didn't try to develop some new doctrine -- but refers to an attempt to summarize various such tactics. Stated that Russia needed to become better than West at this.

• (Kofman) Probably derives from recognition that Soviet Union did not lose a military conflict to the United States, but did lose out politically and US saw expansion of influence; Western subversion campaigns an interpretation of that. Russian political leadership stated that they saw this as a challenge that needed to be addressed, Russian military responding to that, needing to show leadership that they have some kind of response and can be leaders in area. This was Russian military reaction to Arab Spring. In 2013 speech from which "Gerasimov doctrine" speech was coined, Gerasimov said that Russian military cannot ignore important things like this, will seek to incorporate hybrid elements along with coercision, engage in asymmetric warfare.

• (DeBenedictis) During Russian takeover in Crimea, Kremlin called Ukraine, told them that if single Russian soldier killed, they would obliterate Ukraine as a country. Large Russian military exercises on borders beforehand, coercion tactic. Similar to Soviet coercive tactic against Czechoslovakia, 1968.

• (DeBenedictis) Russian efforts at controlling narrative, propaganda, disinformation, denials used both in Crimea 2014 and now in 2022. Russia places emphasis on engineering appearance of legitimacy, has LNR/DPR formally request aid and Russia formally issues recognition. Same thing for referendum in Crimea.

• (Kofman) Crimea 2014 considered by Russia successful, but not repeatable. Russia seized peninsula militarily, but political actions done ad-hoc, were not planned for. In Donbas, attempt by Russia to get people in Ukraine who want to engage in uprising in counter-Maidan fails, Ukrane arrests them. Then people from Russia come and take over, and drive state-backed insurgency themselves. This eventually fails, and then Russian military has to intervene directly. Donbas considered by Russia repeatable, but unsuccessful and just resulting in falling back to conventional warfare; political warfare was not successful. Kofman believes that Russia tends to try all measures short of conventional warfare first, then falls back to conventional warfare.

• (DeBenedictis) (in response to question as to whether irregular warfare in Ukraine was used to shape environment in preparation for conventional conflict, or whether was merely failed attempt preceding conventional effort). To some extent, Russian irregular actions shaping, preparing ground for conventional warfare.

• (Kofman) Shaping effects via irregular warfare existed in Georgia as well, also Russian conflicts in 1990s. What we saw then and today are the wars of Soviet succession. While formal breakup of Soviet Union was very gentle, should not be thought of as a single event in time; all of these conflicts are part of a long-running process; empires do not dissolve and collapse overnight.

• (DeBenedictis) List of tactics used: Propaganda. Threat of fascists, neo-Nazis common. Accusations of fascism was theme used automatically against anyone Russia opposed to, because "fascist" was the enemy through whole Soviet Union, because fought fascists in Great Patriotic War. Used some false-flag operations; Russian special forces pretended to be masked insurgents attacking Russia-controlled Crimea parliamentary building. Sergei Shoigu announced that Ukraine was planning to attack territories, was then supported by synthesized video claiming to be of Ukrainian forces spread around Russian social media.

• (Kofman) Great Patriotic War is central unifying national idea for Russia as country, reason Russia keeps using it. Russia classifies information warfare in two categories, "information-technical" and "information-psychological". "Information-technical" are used to target elites, to drive decision-making. "Information-pychological" aimed at public, encouraging protests, polarization. Latter is what Russian bots target on social media. This has been happening for some time; Russia was trying to do this in Estonia over removal of statue of Russian soldier dating over decade back, ticked off Estonians.

• (DeBenedictis) Russian informational efforts were done in Ukraine, but DeBenedictis believes that Russia expected to have major successes among not-occupied Russian-speaking Ukraine, but instead was not successful. Ukraine was very successful in information space.

• (Kofman) Hybrid warfare not new, but became more prominent after 2014, people involved in Russia given a freer hand to act. Assassinations, industrial sabotage across Europe, propaganda. We focus a lot on the Russian conventional military failures in Ukraine, but that's not really what's most interesting. The conditions for a rapid Russian takeover of Ukraine were intended to be set by a Russian hybrid warfare campaign that massively failed. We know very little about this campaign and what caused it to fail. This failure cascaded to all the other problems of the Russian campaign in Ukraine. [Emphasis mine; I think that this is interesting.]

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Dude knows they can’t effort to let Russia get
lysychansk.
Many military heads feel lysychansk would help the Ukrainians because it was on higher grounds.
I think only one person said Lysychansk altitude wasn’t that much of an advantage.
If I remember correct he said something to the notion, this is an artillery, drone, missile battle…being elevated ain’t a game changer
(That kinda was his message)

Wasn’t he in Bakhmut last week…. For PR Photo shoot

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
They still on that rape shit in Bucha

In eastern Ukraine, some stand against their defenders
By Nabih BulosStaff Writer
LYSYCHANSK, Ukraine —

A woman reads a book underground as war rages on above in Lysychansk, Ukraine. Many residents resent the presence of Ukrainian forces. “They’re turning Ukraine into a giant military base,” one resident says.
(Marcus Yam / Los Angeles Times)
In Russian, the word “molodetz” roughly translates to “good job” or “bravo,” and that’s what 75-year-old Leonid was saying as he pointed at the Russian artillery’s handiwork — the wreckage of a bombed-out building in a central street of Lysychansk in eastern Ukraine.

“The Ukrainian soldiers, they’re bad people, cowards,” added the retired security guard, who, like others, asked that his last name not be used for reasons of privacy. “They hide here, and then the moment the attack happens they run away.”

His attitude demonstrated that in this part of the country, now the focal point of Moscow’s invasion that began in late February, the Ukrainian army is not necessarily fighting on friendly ground.

At the outset of the war, Russian planners unleashing forces on Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, expected a populace that would celebrate their arrival, welcoming them as liberators from what the Kremlin without basis insisted was a neo-Nazi regime holding its subjects hostage.

A woman tries to use her phone inside the police station in Lysychansk, Ukraine. The city’s population has shrunk to less than 15,000 people from a high of more than 100,000 before the war.

But that’s not how it turned out. Instead, hundreds of thousands enlisted to fight the Russians, deluging recruiters from the army and the territorial defense force to the degree that many initially had to be turned away. Those who didn’t carry guns worked with agencies or on their own to prepare food and medical supplies, not to mention Molotov cocktails, for the defense of their cities.

In places where the Russians did manage to enter, such as the Kyiv suburbs of Bucha and Irpin, some residents who didn’t evacuate acted as informers, providing Ukrainian forces with information on the location and movements of those they derided as “occupiers.” When the Russian troops were forced to retreat, they undertook bloody purges that saw them rape, kill and torture their way to vengeance against the unfriendly population. (Moscow denies its forces engaged in the killings.)

That inhospitable environment probably played a role in the Kremlin shifting its calculus and retreating from areas around the capital and several other major cities. But even where the Russians have held ground and tried to govern, as they have in the southern province of Kherson, they face a grudging resignation to their rule that flares up on occasion with acts of defiance, from protests to sabotage.

Yet in many cities and towns around the eastern Ukrainian region known as the Donbas, including Lysychansk and its sister city Severodonetsk, it’s the Ukrainian forces who often face sullen acceptance of their presence.

“They’re turning Ukraine into a giant military base,” said Tanya, a diminutive woman standing in the backyard of the building where she was sheltering. As Ukrainian artillery opened up with another salvo somewhere nearby, she glanced at a group of soldiers in the garage of the building next door.

Tanya, an accounting systems programmer in her 50s, said she had a reason to hate the Ukrainian government: Some of its fighters had beaten her husband to death at a checkpoint in 2014, when Russia-backed separatists seized parts of the two eastern provinces, Donetsk and Luhansk, that make up the Donbas.

“Of course we’re worried about them,” she said of the soldiers. “Everyone has a gun.”

There were others nearby who agree. One of Tanya’s neighbors, another woman in her 50s, asked whether her disabled son could be evacuated — not to safer areas in Ukraine but instead to Russian-held territories.

And during a visit to the last remaining hospital in Severodonetsk last month, military doctors there said they often treated casualties among the residents who considered them the enemy, not the Russians.

“They say it was the Ukrainian army who did this to them. They can’t even bring themselves to answer when we say ‘Slava Ukraini,’ or glory to Ukraine,” said Vitaly Mikhailovich, a 32-year-old general surgeon. “It’s hard for us to deal with this attitude, where you’re trying to save their lives and they still don’t support their country.”

Such sympathies have morphed on occasion to outright collaboration, said Luhansk Police Chief Oleh Hryhorov, who said about 50 people have been arrested for providing information to the Russians.

A street is covered in debris after a bombardment hit a cargo truck, near Lysychansk, Ukraine.

That there are some Russian sympathizers in the area comes as little surprise, said Lysychansk Police Chief Volodymyr Zolotaryov, 46, a trim man with salt-and-pepper hair.

“The first factor is that the Russian border is so close, and many people have relatives and links on the other side,” he said. He added that, historically, coal mines and other industries drew workers from Russia to settle in the Donbas.

“Of course, you have some of the older people, they’re thinking about pensions and cheap gas from Russia.”

Besides, with the population in Lysychansk dwindling to fewer than 15,000 people from a high of more than 100,000 before the war, those who have remained are likely to have pro-Russia leanings. For weeks now, Lysychansk and Severodonetsk have had no electricity, gas, water or phone signal: Although most of the people staying in such difficult circumstances said they were too poor to go anywhere else, or couldn’t bring themselves to abandon a beloved family member or even their pets, it seemed clear that among them are those sanguine about Moscow rule.

Residents carry food given to them by police officers in Lysychansk, Ukraine.

“We see these people every day, but we know they’re just waiting for Russians and would support them,” said Vasil, a policeman from western Ukraine staffing a checkpoint on Lysychansk’s southern edge. “Today they talk to us. But tomorrow, they’ll talk to the Russians.”

Pro-Moscow media often feature interviews with residents in territories seized by Russian forces, exhorting them to express their relief at being been freed from Ukrainian usurpers. One video late last month depicted a group of people in Severodonetsk celebrating the Russians’ arrival with vodka; one man played guitar.

Some residents harbor resentment toward the Ukrainian military because they know their presence would probably draw Russian artillery fire. Some complained that Ukrainian soldiers were commandeering apartment buildings for their positions even when they were in a residential area.

At a lookout point on a hill in Lysychansk across from Severodonetsk, where Russians have all but encircled Ukrainian defenders, two women came out of one of the houses and shouted at Ukrainian soldiers and visiting journalists to leave. The soldiers cursed at them and told them to move away; they acquiesced, but one of them left with a parting shot when told that the soldiers’ job was to defend them.

“Our defenders?” she said, nodding toward the obliterated front of a restaurant that had been struck by a shell. “Look at how they’re defending us.”