BREAKING: All criminal charges dropped against 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett, attorneys say.

rebel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He has been arrested six times since 1993, in incidents ranging from assault to a gunfight, in which the charges were eventually dropped.

so is he now the gay tupac?

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
54730885_369030343943778_5757115373493157888_n.jpg
tenor.gif

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Jussie Smollett might be considering lawsuit after charges were dropped
By Lia Eustachewich

March 27, 2019 | 9:39am

Enlarge Image
jussie-smollett-1.jpg

Jussie SmollettGetty Images
MORE ON:
JUSSIE SMOLLETT
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says Jussie Smollett got special treatment

Jussie Smollett performed 16 hours of community service to have charges dropped

Taraji P. Henson 'happy' for Jussie Smollett after charges dropped

Rahm Emanuel continues criticism, calls Smollett decision an 'abomination'
A lawyer for Jussie Smollett on Wednesday left open the possibility that the “Empire” star — who Chicago prosecutors acknowledged had lied about being a hate crime victim — may now sue over the alleged attack.

Tina Glandian appeared on ABC’s “Good Morning America” to address prosecutors’ stunning decision the day before to drop all 16 felony counts against the actor.

“We’re weighing our options now,” Glandian said in response to co-host George Stephanopoulos’ question, “Are you going to sue?”

“For Jussie, what’s really important is he really just wants his career and his life back,” the lawyer continued. “Again, he did not ask for any of this, he was a victim of a crime.”

It was not immediately clear whom Smollett would sue.

In a whirlwind of events, the 36-year-old actor was arrested in late February and charged with filing a false police report for allegedly staging a homophobic and racist beatdown outside his apartment on Jan. 29.

A grand jury in Cook County eventually indicted him on 16 counts of disorderly conduct.

All the while, Smollett, who is gay and black, maintained his innocence — and insisted he’s a victim as his story continued to unravel.

On the same day the TV star surrendered to police, Chicago’s top cop, Superintendent Eddie Johnson, accused him of staging the attack “to further his own public profile.”

Johnson’s scathing remarks also included a demand that Smollett apologize to the city of Chicago for dragging its reputation “through the mud.”

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
I think the DA was probably talking mad shit on those texts to her fam, like, "I'm gonna throw the book at this lying ass fruitcake" or "this is about to put me on the map".

She recused herself for a reason. It was their call to drop it and that's the only explanation IMO, given all the evidence against him.

It wasn't worth the damage it would do to their office.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/03/exclusive-chicago-police-departments.html?m=1

Exclusive: Chicago Police Department's complete investigative file of Jussie Smollett case

CWBChicago is posting the complete Chicago Police Department investigative file on the Jussie Smollett "hate crime" investigation that we have received in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

We have not read or reviewed the files for completeness or accuracy.

FILE 1 HERE

FILE 2 HERE

These files were provided by the Chicago Police Department in response to a FOIA request that CWBChicago submitted upon learning that the Cook County State's Attorney's Office had reached a sealed agreement to resolve Smollett's criminal exposure in the case.

Our requests for video, including bodycam, surveillance, and interrogation, was denied.

streetdreamer

Support BGOL
Registered
https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/03/exclusive-chicago-police-departments.html?m=1

Exclusive: Chicago Police Department's complete investigative file of Jussie Smollett case
How come lauqan mcdonald wasnt this easy?

CWBChicago is posting the complete Chicago Police Department investigative file on the Jussie Smollett "hate crime" investigation that we have received in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

FILE 1 HERE

FILE 2 HERE

These files were provided by the Chicago Police Department in response to a FOIA request that CWBChicago submitted upon learning that the Cook County State's Attorney's Office had reached a sealed agreement to resolve Smollett's criminal exposure in the case.

Our requests for video, including bodycam, surveillance, and interrogation, was denied.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

FILE 1 HERE

FILE 2 HERE

What this shows is the CPD is very capable of solving crimes only when the crime is politically expedient.

Yet when a missing mail delivery woman(federal employee) who has been missing since October and months pregnant did not get the same energy and effort from CPD and detectives despite being a federal employee.
missing-1.jpg

This is why Rahm and Eddie are clowns. They are outraged over the wrong shit over a celebrity with their bitch ass grandstanding to the media.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What this shows is the CPD is very capable of solving crimes only when the crime is politically expedient.

Yet when a missing mail delivery woman(federal employee) who has been missing since October and months pregnant did not get the same energy and effort from CPD and detectives despite being a federal employee.
missing-1.jpg

This is why Rahm and Eddie are clowns. They are outraged over the wrong shit over a celebrity with their bitch ass grandstanding to the media.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...disappearance-expectant-mother-kierra-n981976

Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles

by BIANCA HILLIER

Authorities are searching for a missing pregnant woman who disappeared from Chicago last fall.

Kierra Coles, 27, was last seen on October 2, 2018 leaving her apartment on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. She was three months pregnant at the time. Kierra’s father Joseph Coles told Dateline his daughter was excited to be a first-time mother.

Kierra Coles United States Postal Service
“I saw her a couple of weeks before she went missing,” Joseph, who lives in Wisconsin, said. “She was happy to be pregnant.”

The day she disappeared, Kierra called out sick from her job as a letter carrier at the U.S. Postal Service. Surveillance video would later show Kierra leaving her apartment at 82nd Street and Coles Avenue and walking past her car. She is seen wearing her U.S. Postal Service uniform, despite having called in sick.

A few days later, according to NBC Chicago, Kierra’s mother Karen Phillips became concerned when she hadn’t heard from Kierra and calls to Kierra’s phone were going straight to voicemail. Karen called the Chicago Police Department two days later to report her daughter missing.

Police went to Kierra’s apartment to conduct a welfare check. Kierra was nowhere to be seen, but her car was still parked out front.

"She wouldn't go this long without talking to me," Kierra’s mother Karen told local media two weeks after Kierra was last seen. "We talk every day. She wouldn't have me worrying like this."

Kierra Coles Joseph Coles
In the months since Kierra’s disappearance, authorities have searched areas in and around the city of Chicago. Anthony Guglielmi, Chief Communications Officer at the Chicago Police Department, says there have been no signs of life since Kierra was last seen.

Kierra’s father Joseph told Dateline his daughter’s phone and prenatal vitamins were found in her car. Since Kierra’s disappearance, Joseph said he has quit his job in Wisconsin and moved to Chicago to search “day and night” for his daughter.

“I’m trying to stand out here and stay strong for my daughter and my grandbaby,” he said. “I do my daily routine – pass out fliers, trying to get the word out. There’s a lot of love in this family. There is no way in hell she would run away.”

Authorities – who Kierra’s father is confident will get answers in his daughter’s case – told Dateline they, too, suspect foul play in the young woman’s disappearance.

“We have a pretty good idea of what transpired. Now it’s a matter of finding evidence,” Chief Guglielmi told Dateline. “We are out of the opinion business. We base everything we do on fact and evidence. A detective’s personal opinion, quite frankly, doesn’t matter.”

Chief Guglielmi said police know there is “a minimum of two or three people of interest” who were the last to see Kierra before she disappeared.

Kierra Coles Joseph Coles
“We’ve narrowed down our group here to a personal associate of hers -- a friend -- who was one of the last people to see her,” he told Dateline. Chief Guglielmi declined to comment on that person’s name, how Kierra knows them, or the other associated people of interest. “We haven’t found her yet, and that puts us in a difficult position.”

Joseph says he is holding on to hope that is daughter is still alive.

“I just want the world to know I love my baby and my grandbaby. It will be closure to know my baby is safe and home. That would be the blessing of a lifetime,” Joseph said. “The way the situation is now, I am keeping hope. Because there are young women who have been missing for longer than Kierra has, and they’ve been found safely. So I am keeping hope.”

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of Kierra. Additionally, the National Association of Letter Carriers is offering $3,500 for information on Kierra’s whereabouts.

Kierra Coles is described as being 5'4" tall and weighing about 125 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes. Kierra has a tattoo of a heart on her right hand, and a tattoo that says “lucky Libra” on her back. Kierra would be approximately eight months pregnant today. Anyone with information on Kierra’s whereabouts is asked to call the Chicago Police Department’s Area South Special Victims Unit at (312) 747-8274 or the U.S. Postal Inspection Service at (877) 876-2455.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Empire star Taraji P. Henson reacts to Jussie Smollett's dropped charges: 'Thank God the truth prevailed'

this link opens in a new tabthis link opens in a new tabthis link opens in a new tab

Current Time 0:01
/
Duration 1:51
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

YOU MIGHT LIKE
MARCIA CROSS IS SHARING HER ANAL CANCER STORY IN THE HOPES OF ENDING THE ‘STIGMA’

The Chicago police and Mayor Rahm Emanuel may be outraged about the charges against Jussie Smollett being dropped, but his Empire mom is “happy” that “the truth prevailed.”

“I’m happy that the truth has finally been set free, because I knew it all along,” Taraji P. Henson told USA Todaythis link opens in a new tab on Tuesday. “We’re all happy for him, and thank God the truth prevailed.”

this link opens in a new tab
Chuck Hodes/FOX
The cast of Empire has mostly kept their silence over the last two months as Smollett went from the victim of an apparent racial and homophobic attack to the suspected mastermind behind the staged attack. But, despite the actor, who plays Jamal Lyon on the Fox hit, previously being indicted on 16 felony counts for “false report of offense” and removed from the final two episodes of Empire‘s season, Henson never believed Smollett was capable of such a thing.

“When I know someone, there’s nothing you can say to make me flip on them, and that’s what we miss in this world,” says the actress, who stars as Cookie Lyon on Empire. “We need people that stand by us. Whatever happened to that? Why are we so easy to believe strangers over people we know?” She added, “I’m not going to jump on clickbait just because someone says something derogatory about a person I know and love. I’m not easily swayed like that. Those little clickbait [reports] weren’t enough to deter me from his immaculate track record. I know the type of activism this young man does in his community, I know that he’s a giver – he’s not an attention-seeker.”

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
While the prosector who dropped the charges insists that he does not believe Smollett to be innocent, the actor is maintaining that he was a victim. Henson says the lesson here is “we should absolutely believe victims. That’s why a lot of people, especially females, feel like they can’t come forward saying they’ve been raped. I believe that’s why we have a whole #MeToo movement, because women have felt they couldn’t come forward because they’d be criminalized in some way. Movements don’t just come out of the sky – movements happen because they’re needed. You have a group of people who haven’t been heard.”

Fellow Empire star Gabourey Sidibe also weighed in, writing on Instagram, “It’s weird that y’all decided that the police were being 100% honest about this case.”

When reached on Tuesday, Fox and 20th Century Television said, “Jussie Smollett has always maintained his innocence and we are gratified that all charges against him have been dismissed.” The official Twitter account for the Empire writers also weighed in with an interesting emoji choice.

View image on Twitter

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
How The Post found key evidence in the Jussie Smollett case
By Aaron Feis

March 27, 2019 | 8:00pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
smollett-sauce.jpg

The bottle of hot sauce discovered by New York Post reporter Gabrielle FonrougeG.N. Miller
MORE ON:
JUSSIE SMOLLETT
Inside the dirty dealing that sprang Jussie Smollett

Smollett case shows Chicago's corrupt way and other commentary

Kamala Harris now 'completely confused' by Jussie Smollett case

‘Whitewash of justice’ lets Jussie Smollett stick with his outrageous victim act
The Post’s discovery of a hot sauce bottle that reeked of bleach at the scene of Jussie Smollett’s alleged hate-crime hoax turned out to be a key piece of evidence, a police report revealed Wednesday.

Chicago cops initially pooh-poohed the finding on Feb. 7 — nine days after the “Empire” star claimed he was attacked by Trump-loving bigots who splashed him with the cleaning fluid.

“Are you trying to do our job?” sneered one detective when reporter Gabrielle Fonrouge alerted police that she’d found the bottle.

She wasn’t, but, as it turns out, she had.

One of the two brothers who said they were paid by Smollett to stage the attack “was shown a large photograph taken of the El Yucateco Hot Sauce bottle,” according to police reports released Wednesday under the Freedom of Information Act to outlets including CWBChicago.

The alleged co-conspirator “stated that indeed was the bottle he filled with bleach and poured on Smollett,” the paperwork revealed.

Neither brother has been criminally charged.

SEE ALSO
upload_2019-3-27_22-57-50.gif
Jussie Smollett's neighbors cast doubt on his attack story
Wednesday’s revelation came despite initial skepticism of the reporter’s detective work.

“It’s highly unlikely that they missed anything that night,” one cop said at the time.

“They already took everything from the scene.”

Fonrouge was asked: “Did you sniff all these bottles? What made you think this one?”

“What else did you find? Should we process all these cigarette butts?” said a detective — who later groused while waiting for a crime-scene technician to arrive, “There goes my dinner plans.”

The Chicago Police Department confirmed on Wednesday that the brothers who staged the attack admitted they used that bottle.

“Those details were given during the interrogation when the brothers confessed to being accomplices in this hoax,” spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told The Post.

The spokesman also said the department takes the detective’s dismissive attitude toward the key piece of evidence “very seriously.”

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
DOJ is about to come down on Smollett, it's really not about him, it's about all who got him off, so they are about to make an example out of him.
I would not want to be in his shoes right now...

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
DOJ is about to come down on Smollett, it's really not about him, it's about all who got him off, so they are about to make an example out of him.
I would not want to be in his shoes right now...

I don’t think so.

It looks like the DA may have bailed out the Chicago Police Department

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's Michelle Obama's fault.

Insane Trump Supporters Are Blaming Michelle Obama For Jussie Smollett Not Being Behind Bars
Posted 18 hours ago

2f31525afeaf72d0b70034df78cf4100

Posted 18 hours ago

Trump supporters really wanted to see a Black man in jail. Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Chicago Police and, apparently Trump supporters are outraged that Jussie Smollett is not behind bars. Now they are blaming Michelle Obama.

In case you missed it, three days after Smollett was allegedly attacked on Jan. 29, Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx asked Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson to give the case to the FBI. She was reportedly concerned about the leaks about the case that were reportedly coming from the police.

Reportedly, Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, sent text messages to Foxx saying the family had “concerns about the investigation,” the Chicago Tribune reported:

“Spoke to the Superintendent Johnson,” Foxx emailed Tchen back on Feb. 1. “I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation.”

The same day, Foxx texted with Smollett’s relative, whose name was blacked out in copies released by her office.

“Spoke to the superintendent earlier, he made the ask,” Foxx wrote. “Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted.”

“Omg this would be a huge victory,” the relative replied.

“I make no guarantees, but I’m trying,” Foxx wrote back.

Kiera Ellis, a spokeswoman for the state’s attorney’s office, offered a response on behalf of Foxx.

“When she initially engaged in the communications, Mr. Smollett was still believed to be the victim of the crime,” Ellis said in a statement. “As the investigation started to change and it became a possibility that he could actually be a suspect, that is when she made the decision (to recuse herself).”

Now MAGA crazies are pointing fingers at Michelle Obama. Conservative trash outlet The National Review said, “Michelle Obama’s former chief of staff calls up the state’s attorney, the state’s attorney hands off the case to her assistant, and the assistant gives Smollett the deal of the century. And all of this is so egregiously, transparently corrupt that mayor and former Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel is spitting hot fire over this, as is Obama’s former chief strategist David Axelrod.”

Axelrod is not putting any blame on Michelle Obama.

Demon seed Laura Ingraham babbled on her neo-Nazi show last night that charges against Smollett being dropped was “all set in motion by Obama’s former chief-of-staff.” See below, if you can stomach it.

Foxx recused herself from the case on Feb. 13, a week before Smollett was charged. She clearly had nothing to do with the 16 felony counts for filing a false police report being dropped.

Moreover, questions about how Chicago police were handling of the case have lingered since Smollett’s first report. Originally, a police spokesperson said there was no footage of the assailants. Then, hours later, there were two “persons of interest” on video. They also claimed the “Empire” actor “refused” to give the cops his phone, but he did give his phone records. Then the FBI reportedly said the Chicago police “overstated” their Smollett case.

Nonetheless, people want to blame the Obamas for everything.

https://newsone.com/playlist/michelle-obama-jussie-smollett/item/5

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BREAKING: All criminal charges dropped against 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett, attorneys say.

Charges against Jussie Smollett have been dropped, his lawyers say
By Jason Hanna, CNN

Updated 11:18 AM ET, Tue March 26, 2019

190314164457-01-smollett-court-0314-exlarge-169.jpg

Jussie Smollett pleads not guilty to charges that he staged a hoax

"He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgment," a statement released by his attorneys Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes reads.
CNN's Steve Forrest contributed to this report.

Man, when will people figure it out.. Every damn thing on the television is all scripted bullshit!! If I tell people these news reporters are nothing but actors reading a script and hollywood is in on it, these people are manipulating and fucking with people subconscious mind!! People will start defending the lies they have been feed.. They have been doing this shit since they brought the Nazi's over here after ww2!! One more thing, they didnt switch from the analog to digital signal to give people a better picture, they did it because they can add alot of information on the digital signal to fuck with your subconscious mind. They have all these patents available for anyone to view and read!! But, people dont wanna read, they wanna be told!! If you think Im bullshitin anyone, go do sum research and find out for yourself!! Until people snap outta the trance and start questioning everything they have been told or heard, this shit going to get worst by the day!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Feds going after dude this week. Watch the news...

Jussie Smollett Fights Special Prosecutor Appointment In Criminal Case Over Alleged Attack
dpatten.png

July 19, 2019 9:17am
rexfeatures_10168303a.jpg

REX/Shutterstock
A month after an Illinois judge ordered that a special prosecutor be appointed to investigate the handling of Jussie Smollett’s abandoned criminal case, the former Empire actor said Friday he wants that move rendered null and void.

“Jussie Smollett, by his attorneys, Geragos & Geragos, respectfully requests that this Court grant his Motion, vacate the June 21, 2019 Order, and deny the Petition to Appoint a Special Prosecutor,” reads a filing made this morning in Chicago by Smollett and his high-profile legal team (read it here).

Calling the multiple charges case against the actor stemming from his January 29 claims of a racial- and homophobic-fueld attack on the streets of the Windy City “a travesty of justice and an unprecedented deprivation of Mr. Smollett’s constitutional rights,” Friday’s filing basically accuses Judge Michael Toomin of conducting a trial by media in what has been a heavily spotlighted situation from the get go.

RELATED STORY
Chicago Cops Drop Graphic Jussie Smollett Video Showing Scene In 'Empire' Star's Pad After Alleged Attack

To that end, Mark Geragos and Tina Glandian, who are facing their own federal defamation suit from implicated siblings Ola and Abel Osundairo, preemptively want this matter blunted if they can’t get it shut down in a July 26 hearing.

“In the event the Court is not inclined to grant the Motion, Mr. Smollett, by his attorneys, Geragos & Geragos, respectfully requests that the Court modify the June 21, 2019 Order to clarify that the special prosecutor may investigate and prosecute potential misconduct only, and may not further prosecute Mr. Smollett for the charges that were previously brought and dismissed against him,” the 30-page motion and exhibit-thick filing adds.

Friday’s filing lays the whole attack on the Osundairos brothers. The paperwork slams the siblings’ so-called “self-serving statements which resulted in their release from custody with no criminal charges being filed against them, not a single piece of evidence independently corroborates their claim that the attack was a hoax.” Perhaps more compelling, the defense lawyers also cite a possible helper of sorts in an unidentified and previous unmentioned third man, who witnesses supposedly claim was at the early morning scene.

Though Toomin made the ruling last month after determining that State’s Attorney Kim Foxx could not legally appoint her top deputy to handle the Smollett case in her place after she recused herself in late winter, the fact is no special prosecutor has been appointed yet.

On the other hand, as more and more material from the once sealed Smollett case is being made public, the Cook County inspector general’s office is conducting its own investigation over why Foxx’s office dropped all charges against Smollett at an unannounced court hearing in late March. That controversial move came less than three weeks after the Empire actor was charged with 16 felony counts related to making a false police report for allegedly staging the hate-crime attack.

Smollett entered a not guilty plea to the disorderly conduct charges and has maintained his innocence throughout; the scandal cost him his Empire gig after initial strong support from co-creator Lee Daniels and others.

Of course, this looming issue of a potential special prosecutor isn’t the only legal matter on Smollett’s plate. There is the case against his lawyers brought by the Osundairos, whom Chicago police have said admitted they were paid by the actor to plan and coordinate the alleged fake assault on that cold Chicago early morning in January. There is also a case from the city itself. In the closing days of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s regime, Chicago sued Smollett in civil court to recover more than $130,000 it allegedly spent in police overtime hours investigating the case.

Even with a new mayor and more twists and turns, that messy matter is ongoing.

Last edited:

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Alls I wanna know is when Chicago Police officers file a false report, will the CPD and AG and others investigate with the same level of aggression.