BOYZ N THE HOOD,' ACTRESS ESTHER SCOTT DEAD AT 66

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Veteran character actress Esther Scott -- who's been in countless movies and shows over the years -- has died.

A member of Esther's family tells TMZ ... Esther suffered an apparent heart attack last Tuesday at her Santa Monica home, and was later found unconscious and taken to a hospital. We're told she remained hospitalized for a few more days before eventually passing on Friday.

She was surrounded by family and loved ones at the time she died.

Esther had a massive resume, having appeared in at least 73 films and shows dating back to the '80s. She's perhaps most well known for her role as Bridget, one of Nat Turner's relatives, in 2016's 'Birth of a Nation.' Esther's been in several other projects, however.

She's also been the voice Shodu in the 'Star Wars' animated spin-off, 'Ewoks' -- and had a memorably hilarious scene in 'Boyz n the Hood.' She played the grandmother of a girl who hooked up with Tre, Cuba Gooding Jr.'s character.

Her resume is crazy impressive, with roles on "Encino Man," "Beverly Hills, 90210," "Full House," "The Wayans Bros.," "Martin," "Nash Bridges," "Melrose Place," "ER" and "The King of Queens" ... just to name a few.

Esther was 66. RIP

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The recreation of his story about getting some pussy and Esther Scott came after him with a meat cleaver. Maybe she was going to cut if off so the dog could not use it anymore.
I have seen here in some more movies. She only had a very small and short role in Boyz In The Hood.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
We have to start taking care of ourselves.

A lot of these deaths are from binging or whatever our vices are.

Moderation is the key to a possible long life.

66 is too young to go...too fucking young but I'm noticing a pattern in our black celebs dying at young ages and I know exactly what it is...binging and not just a crazy weekend...binging for years.

Rest up sista!

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
told y`all

we are gonna have a record number of RIP stickys ...smh

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
66? Damn man....kinda scared to check the news :smh: funky ass reaper just taking what he want this year.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
We have to start taking care of ourselves.

A lot of these deaths are from binging or whatever our vices are.

Moderation is the key to a possible long life.

66 is too young to go...too fucking young but I'm noticing a pattern in our black celebs dying at young ages and I know exactly what it is...binging and not just a crazy weekend...binging for years.

Rest up sista!
Man...I know folks dying in they 30's....life is life. I hope I make it to 66. Yall muthafuckas acting like everybody should make it to 100. Doubt it.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Veteran character actress Esther Scott -- who's been in countless movies and shows over the years -- has died.

A member of Esther's family tells TMZ ... Esther suffered an apparent heart attack last Tuesday at her Santa Monica home, and was later found unconscious and taken to a hospital. We're told she remained hospitalized for a few more days before eventually passing on Friday.

She was surrounded by family and loved ones at the time she died.

Esther had a massive resume, having appeared in at least 73 films and shows dating back to the '80s. She's perhaps most well known for her role as Bridget, one of Nat Turner's relatives, in 2016's 'Birth of a Nation.' Esther's been in several other projects, however.

She's also been the voice Shodu in the 'Star Wars' animated spin-off, 'Ewoks' -- and had a memorably hilarious scene in 'Boyz n the Hood.' She played the grandmother of a girl who hooked up with Tre, Cuba Gooding Jr.'s character.

Her resume is crazy impressive, with roles on "Encino Man," "Beverly Hills, 90210," "Full House," "The Wayans Bros.," "Martin," "Nash Bridges," "Melrose Place," "ER" and "The King of Queens" ... just to name a few.

Esther was 66. RIP

Damn, wth is going on today?
RIP Esther Scott.