Blue Beetle (DC UNIVERSE) Discussion Thread - Trailer 2 (7/11/2023)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm all on board this shit.... Finally ...

Blue Beetle is easily one of my favorite DC characters

DC has been sleeping on Jamies Reyes for decades ... My man has a great Origin Story and It's the perfect Buddy Cop type of Movie ... when you have a thing that's programed to Kill stuck to you.

Old boy from Cobra Kai is the perfect dude for Jamie....

I must speak that shit into existence

2d7e08cdee93a34c1fe8eec9f318abe1.jpg

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

DC has been sleeping on Jamies Reyes for decades ... My man has a great Origin Story and It's the perfect Buddy Cop type of Movie ... when you have a thing that's programed to Kill stuck to you.

Good casting right there. But will it be in the DCU?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
No sir. Won't be watching. I remember you hyping up Wonder Woman 1984 too!

?????

Fam you are going to need to show me the post on this one...

I didn't even post comment in the Wonder Woman 1984 thread...

I talked about the First Wonder Woman movie and Wonder Woman Bloodlines.....

I didn't say shit about Wonder Woman 1984.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
When they get on set, then get excited. Miguel is perfect though.

True...

Kats up here acting like they don't know shit about Blue Beetle .... while at the same time.. They are in the Young Justice thread.

BGOL is hilarious

Is they do this right.... And include the REACH ..... this could be big.

I'm just praying that DC doesn't fuck it up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Blue Beetle will be DC's first Latino superhero movie: Get to know the character

Angel Manuel Soto (Charm City Kings) will direct the superhero film starring Mexican-American hero Jamie Reyes.
By Christian Holub
February 23, 2021 at 04:31 PM EST

Slowly but surely, superhero movies are getting more representative of the global population. The Wonder Woman movies, featuring an indestructible feminist hero trying to save men from themselves, have been the biggest successes of DC's recent crop of live-action adaptations. 2018's Black Panther made a massive cultural impact for featuring a (fictional) independent African country populated entirely by Black heroes — including several powerful women. In the latest sign of progress, EW has confirmed that DC is officially moving forward with their live-action Blue Beetle movie. With Charm City Kings' Angel Manuel Soto tapped to direct, Blue Beetle will be the first major superhero film from Marvel or DC to star a Latino superhero made by a Latino director. The Wrap was first to report the news.

Even more than Marvel, DC superheroes have a tradition of passing down their names and mantles to younger successors over the years. There have been no less than three Blue Beetles throughout comic history. The first was a character named Dan Garrett, first created by Charles Nicholas Wojtkoski and then revamped by Joe Gill and Tony Tallarico. He gained superhuman powers from a mystical scarab. The second character to hold the mantle was named Ted Kord, and he exchanged the mysticism of his predecessor for a tech-based approach to crimefighting. A genius who built himself many useful inventions (most notably a beetle-shaped personal aircraft), the Ted version of Blue Beetle was a major inspiration for the character of Nite Owl in Watchmen. After DC bought the rights to this Blue Beetle (and the rest of Charlton Comics' superhero line) in 1983, Ted became a prominent member of the Justice League until he was killed by Maxwell Lord in the lead-up to the 2005 event Infinite Crisis.

CREDIT: MONICA SCHIPPER/GETTY IMAGES; DC COMICS
What comics take away with one hand, they give with the other. The pages of Infinite Crisis also produced Ted's successor as Blue Beetle. Mexican-American teenager Jamie Reyes found suddenly found himself bound to the mystical scarab. Though it had never worked for Ted, the scarab gave Jamie mystical powers, most notably a set of blue bug-like armor that covers his whole body. It can also produce wings and energy shields, among other things; the full extent of Jamie's Blue Beetle powers is unknown and often surprising. DC continuity went through several revamps in the 2000s and 2010s, which has led to some flip-flopping about whether the scarab is an ancient magical artifact or whether it is actually a weapon created by the alien empire known as the Reach.

Jamie proved a popular character from the get-go, and has already been featured in multiple DC TV adaptations. He showed up in the final season of Smallville (played by Jaren Brandt Bartlett) and has played a major role in the animated series Young Justice (voiced by Eric Lopez). In particular, season 2 of Young Justice revolved heavily around the threat posed by the Reach and how they hoped to use the scarab to control Jamie and take over the Earth.

But for all this, Jamie's biggest adventure is still on the horizon. In addition to being directed by Soto, Blue Beetle will be written by Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (Miss Bala).

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

f*ck yeah

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Nobody wants to see this D level super hero on the big screen.
No one wants to see either Plastic-Man or Mister Miracle on the big(or small) screen either,but WB going to be doing that soon :rolleyes:

..and wasnt Blue Beetle supposed to be appearing in the Arrowverse at some point.. ? the CW already scrapped that supposed Wonder Girl show that was going to feature a Latina chick as the lead

so latinx is the new buzz word?
Since we'll be seeing a Latina Supergirl in the Flash movie i guess so :dunno:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nobody wanted Ant man or Dr. Strange.... or even Iron man for that matter. The only reason Marvel even went with Iron man in the first place is because they had licensed all the A list heroes (X-men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four) away.
Iron Man was still a fringe A list Super Hero. High B at worst... and an entire universe and billion dollar movies were used to introduce Ant Man and Strange into existing story lines and brand.. Who the fuck is a Blue Beetle nigga!!!?? DC cant even get a proper film stuffed with A list super heros right!! And they gonna give this nobody a film??!

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Iron Man was still a fringe A list Super Hero. High B at worst... and an entire universe and billion dollar movies were used to introduce Ant Man and Strange into existing story lines and brand.. Who the fuck is a Blue Beetle nigga!!!?? DC cant even get a proper film stuffed with A list super heros right!! And they gonna give this nobody a film??!
:roflmao::roflmao:
this is their Venom attempt.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody wanted Ant man or Dr. Strange.... or even Iron man for that matter. The only reason Marvel even went with Iron man in the first place is because they had licensed all the A list heroes (X-men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four) away.

Speak for yourself.doc strange is an awesome character who's been around forever and has many fans.scott lang ant-man isn't my favorite ,I'd rather see hank pym rocking the suit.hes a fuckin genius who can give any marvel big brain a run for their money.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
All due respect to one of the goats @fonzerrillii first and foremost.

But u do be hypebeasting those garbage DC films up

Your posts be lit though

I did not say shit about Wonder Woman 1984....

I shitted all over Justice League

Didn't say shit in the Aquaman thread

Shitted all over Batman v Superman ..

Like I battled dudes left and right about in those threads...

I fucking HATED ..... Batman v. Superman ......

I created a thread for Justice League because I saw it early on a free pass

Don't get why Kats think I gass up DC films

Here is my direct quote from Batman v Superman

This was probably the worst movie that I've ever seen and I paid money to watch Waterworld and Epic Movie. I'm so angry over this fucking waste of shit. I swear to god I'll argue anyone down that comes in here saying that this movie was good. Batman had fucking 4 dream sequences... You can make an argument that he had 5... Wtf

:dunno:

I do like DC cause I grew up on Justice League Animated Series, Batman, and recently Young Justice.

I like the unknown kats of DC like Booster Gold and Blue Beetle .. especially the modern version.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
his New 52 series was good. I'd rather see this over Flash.

Basically

Also Young Justice has multiple threads on this Forum .... Blue Beetle and Reach played a major role in that Season... I'm finding it a little suspicious to see all these kats talking about they never heard of the Modern version of Blue Beetle. That's just not passing the smell test.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
True...

Kats up here acting like they don't know shit about Blue Beetle .... while at the same time.. They are in the Young Justice thread.

BGOL is hilarious

Is they do this right.... And include the REACH ..... this could be big.

I'm just praying that DC doesn't fuck it up.
I havent read enough stories to be into him. When I saw the title I thought it would be about ted cord the og blue beetle

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
A lot of things they can do with this. There are multiple Blue Beetles in addition to Jaime Reyes (Ted Kord, and Dan Garrett). Perhaps they can work the multiverse angle.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Facts... i was just about to say this..