BLACK owner of Jamaican cottage business say she’s BANNING BLACK Americans

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The Jamaican owner of the Rustic Mountain Living rental company shocked social media by saying she wouldn’t allow any more short-term stays. The reason? She’s fed up with the alleged misbehavior of Black American guests.

In a TikTok video, “The Barefoot Mountain Lady,” said she doesn’t believe all Black Americans are ill-mannered, but most of the ones she hosted were entitled, unappreciative and generally disrespectful in her presence.

She said she only ever had two mannerly Black American guests.

The most eyebrow-raising statement was toward the end. The owner claimed Black Americans are spoiled and expect the same “free sh*t” in Jamaica they supposedly get at home.

In the video, the woman does errands on her grounds, wades in the sea, and seems completely unbothered.

People Had Heated Opinions​

Unsurprisingly, the woman’s announcement sparked a firestorm of criticism.

People accused her of perpetuating dangerous, offensive stereotypes about Black Americans.

Others questioned the wisdom of making such a declaration on a public platform seemingly without a second thought. They also wondered how she can work in the hospitality industry and be so inhospitable.

On Twitter, one user said the owner was parroting white supremacist talking points about Black Americans. But to them, it was more comical than offensive.

Some asked for clarification on the freebies point. “I’d like to receive my free things, please!” wrote one woman. “Is there a newsletter?”

After one potential guest criticized the negative energy, The Barefoot Mountain Lady said, “You don’t have to come here.”

Another user gave the owner advice in the form of a Jamaican proverb: “Anno everything good fi eat, good fi talk,” meaning “some things are better left unsaid.”

The Owner Is Completely Unfazed and Won’t Back Down​

The Barefoot Island Lady literally laughed at the blowback in yet a third video.

“I’m not sorry,” she said. “You want to unfollow me? Block me? I don’t care.”

This is an interesting take and this goes back to what people have been saying about black people being bad tippers so it's ingrained in these servers minds that they will give bad service because they know they will get little tip or no tip. I think we as a people treat black establishments differently and expect the hookup. It's her business and she can do what we want. Going to be interesting to see how well her business does renting to others

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Free stuff? You mean the same free stuff all poor people get including poor whites who get the most free stuff? The world really must think there are no poor crackas on government aid

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Why y'all acting so surprised by her thoughts. y'all know she isn't lying

Foreigners don't know the difference between black people and niggas and what she described are niggas

Hell I'm just as tired of niggas too and female niggas first vacations are always to Jamaica

I just saw my low level coworkers posting pics in Jamaica in bikinis their fat asses shouldn't wear. These the same bitches that don't like to tip when they order food delivery to the job.

Oh I get it. Fuck these niggas. They need to stay home.

The only thing I respect about the cracka is that he dissociates himself from white trash. We fucking embrace and let our trash define our culture for the world. Shit is sickening.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Her mistake was lumping all Black Americans in with the few bad apples she experienced. The behavior is not indicative of skin color.

She's clearly never heard of The Ugly American stereotype.

Whites, Indians, Asians, Mexicans...all of the above have reputations of being bossy, arrogant, ignorant depending on who you ask. Singling out Black Americans won't stop you from encountering those types.

All her rant did was display her prejudice to the world.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gosh I’d love to know where is all this free shit she talking about.

With that being said, I’m headed to Jamaica in 15 days :dunno:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like how she literally said "NOT ALL" in the video and no one paid attention.

She literally said "NOT ALL".

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She did say “not all.” I expect the ones she’s referring to, to bark the loudest.
She should have said what she really meant. No niggas. I don't want to go to Jamaica, but if I did, I'd be traveling with couples that have real jobs and real shit to lose. We know how to party and have fun, but we are respectful of shit we don't own.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If this person isn't a FBA he should not be commenting on other peoples business.
Reparations are owed. I do not qualify but the US promised it and owes it for sure!
This is not like any other colonizing country. The US said they were going to give reparations!

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Been around Jamaicans my entire life and, hands down, black American sistas look better, in general. I don't know why that's the case, since we're all black folks, but it undeniable.

I've seen many with nice shapes, but curves and black women go together like Asians and lack of height.

What also goes together with Jamaican women is that many of them are just hard af in the face. Looking only slightly less horrid than Shabba Ranks or Patrick Ewing in wigs.

Studio718

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You know this for a fact? I was initially thinking she might be from another island with a business in Jamaica even though I do know Jamaicans can manipulate the accent and sound different when we are ready...didnt think she could be AA

Edit:
She is Jamaican
She is an American citizen.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

he said "we" play along,

Who the FUCK is WE???

and why is everybody so Obsessessed with what we are doing??

and we dont care what they do, if they were askin for reparations like

the Jamaicans are starting to do from england.. the majority of us will support them....

But here is whats real.... We are going to find out its multiple countries that benefitted from

our enslavement... england, france, spain... bruh... they really dont want the whole truth

to be told...

Because then everyone would realize who the wealthiest beneficiaries on this planet truly are....

there is a reason we are the ONLY RACE OF PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET CONSTANTLY BEING RECLASSIFIED

from

INDIANS TO NEGRO TO COLORED to BLACK back to NEGRO to BLACK,

then they really tried to mind fuck us with the POC thing Person of Color... that was just retarded...

Now we African Americans...not even fuckin American Africans but African Americans anything to remove

us from our Ancestral land... The Americas..

but I digress... I just want to know.. why the obsession when it comes to the plight of the

Original Americans...