BIDEN'S VP PICK: KAMALA HARRIS

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Biden confidants see VP choices narrowing to Harris and Rice

1596619744605.jpg

Confidants of Joe Biden believe his choices for vice president have narrowed to Sen. Kamala Harris and Susan Rice — and would be surprised if he picks anyone else.
The state of play: This is a snapshot of the nearly unanimous read that we get from more than a dozen people close to him.
  • Of course, it comes with a giant asterisk: Only Biden knows for sure, and the more insiders know, the less they say to reporters.
  • He's not expected to announce his choice for another week or so — the Democratic convention begins Aug. 17 — so that reality could certainly change.
What's happening: The campaign is now in methodical mode as it finalizes vetting, looks at internal polling results on potential picks and talks to finalists one-on-one.
  • In third place is Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), who had a faltering performance on the Sunday shows after revelations about her past views on Cuba and Scientology.
The case for Harris: Biden’s brain trust — Steve Ricchetti, Mike Donilon and Ted Kaufman — skew older and have deep and trusting relationships with many of the Obama and Clinton veterans who are advocating for Harris.
  • It rests in part on her prosecutorial skills, which could help her attack the Trump administration with discipline.
The case for Rice: Rice is getting a big bounce from Obama people who claim her presence on the ticket would guarantee the enthusiastic presence of both Barack and Michelle Obama on the campaign trail.
  • If the contest comes down to a popularity contest with Obama alumni, Rice has an edge — and Rice allies point to her White House experience.
  • Her team acknowledges Republicans will trot out her early misstatements about the Benghazi attacks that were based on incomplete intelligence she'd been given, and she wants to defuse that by bringing it up herself.

-https://www.axios.com/biden-vp-pick-kamala-harris-susan-rice-0e1f7c91-7df2-4d08-a08f-4568e86e6e50.html

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Yeah I hope it's Harris. I like Rice but Trump will shit his pants with glee if he chooses her. I'm not 100% sure it would be as effective, Benghazi talking points about 4 dying vs 150k+ with covid, but it would energize his base. Harris is a good counter to his law & order BS.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Betting money he picks neither one.

I believe someone put this out just to test the waters and see how people would react if these were the two choices.

Still think he picks Demings or even Warren.

Demings helps him in Florida.

Warren helps him in the Midwest.

Harris nor Rice help him in either of those areas....

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I believe someone put this out just to test the waters and see how people would react if these were the two choices.

I think his first choice is Michelle Obama and that is why this is dragging out.

Sleeper pick will be Keisha Lance Bottoms.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shit. I’m going to have to think about this one. Both are married to white guys. Both have positives. Both have negatives.
Harris: tough on crime. Fucked up Black people In California. White people love her. Was given serious consideration for President

Rice: has history with Obamas and Clintons. Has been on the world stage for decades. Never ran for political office.

Right now, Harris barely edged Rice. The Obamas would help campaign for either VP because they are with Biden and against trump.

I wish his pick was Michelle Obama.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I hope it's Harris. I like Rice but Trump will shit his pants with glee if he chooses her. I'm not 100% sure it would be as effective, Benghazi talking points about 4 dying vs 150k+ with covid, but it would energize his base. Harris is a good counter to his law & order BS.
Looking more and more like Michelle Obama

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit. I’m going to have to think about this one. Both are married to white guys. Both have positives. Both have negatives.
Harris: tough on crime. Fucked up Black people In California. White people love her. Was given serious consideration for President

Rice: has history with Obamas and Clintons. Has been on the world stage for decades. Never ran for political office.

Right now, Harris barely edged Rice. The Obamas would help campaign for either VP because they are with Biden and against trump.

I wish his pick was Michelle Obama.
The more this drags out the more it looks to be them going hard for Michelle Obama. Her recent statements provide some clue she is seriously considering

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Warren is my first choice, but if it's Harris Or Rice, I prefer Harris. With Harris, Trump and Russia will target Black folks with propaganda, tho.

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor
I agree.
They'll try and tie rice hand in hand with hillary.
No one gets the base more rabid than hillary.
Not even Obama
Best and greatest pick in history would be michelle.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People worrying that if he picks Rice Republicans will rehash Benghazi. So what. The counter to that is the fact that the Dems just as easily could and should bring up the known intelligence that Russia placed a bounty on the heads of GI's in Afghanistan that resulted in soldiers deaths and Trump wouldn't, and still won't, even ask Putin about it.

Make no mistake, Susan Rice is tough, I mean really tough and would have no problem fending off attacks from the right. Kamala Harris is equally as formidable so I'm good with either pick. I just wish Democrats would stop being so afraid of what Republicans will say if they do this or that. Imo they will be much better off if they grow a collective pair and go on offense and not just play defense all the damn time. :hmm:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I agree.
They'll try and tie rice hand in hand with hillary.
No one gets the base more rabid than hillary.
Not even Obama
Yep!! Rice would be a great pick, much better than Harris, but the Benghazi nonsense will forever be a stain on her record, even if it's BS.

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think it really matters with whats on the other side. He needs to just pick one and keep it moving. They would look dumb as hell bringing up Benghazi with over 160k+ dead and counting...plus all the other stuff.

The thing is, whoever it is has a big shot of sitting in the big chair for a year or 2. Trump is right on one point...sometimes Biden doesn't seem to be all the way there. Its just that Trump is so horrible, many are antiTrump rather than pro Biden.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think it really matters with whats on the other side. He needs to just pick one and keep it moving. They would look dumb as hell bringing up Benghazi with over 160k+ dead and counting...plus all the other stuff.

The thing is, whoever it is has a big shot of sitting in the big chair for a year or 2. Trump is right on one point...sometimes Biden doesn't seem to be all the way there. Its just that Trump is so horrible, many are antiTrump rather than pro Biden.
:yes:

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
Dems can suck my dick with these bedwench hoes. I will be sitting this shit out.

The Dens dont have game plan for shit except beating Trump. As soon as Biden gets in, all the protest will stop (Bush vs Obama)

Can you tell me what they plan for police reform? Whats the plan for they economy? How are we going to improve education??

The Dems only plan on beating Trump and returning things to "normal" with little change. Most of you aren't really paying attention to how this need to play out.

Having a black VP means little to me, having a black governor would mean a lot more. Do you understand the scenerio that need to take place for that to happen. Are you smart enough to broker that deal for your political party. Do you understand the power a governor yeilds as opposed to a VP.

What worries me is that you guys are ok with black males being shut out the Democratic party. I know more black men running in the Replublican party than the democratic. Whats insane is a black man can raise more money as a Replublican than as a Democrat in 2020.

The Democratic party has done nothing but shit on black men ever since Obama got them the White House. Playing voting games and.placing safe sellout black females as your VP will lose you this election. Harris alone will say ao much dumb shit that she will depress the white and black vote.

Do get me started on how the Dems are allowing foriegn nationala to BUY elections in black neighborhoods. I wont be voting for any of these ass clowns. I rather see Trump run the country into the ground and we start from scratch. If you put in Biden and his bedwenches then we will be stuck in the status quo for the 20 year. No real change will happen if the Dens win with this ticiket.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
if he picks kamala harris i will vote for trump. i'd rather vote for the idiot then the black man hater who'd rather see us sitting in jail for her massa

LMAO. I don't agree with your assessment, but thanks to Trump regular black folks are dying in high numbers, and you'd vote for four more years of the current covid response? People like you are why we can't have nice things.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
As some of you may know I am on the Kamala Harris train Ever since the early days of the primary.....I do not mind her being vice president but I really do like Susan Rice as VP and Kamala Harris as Attorney General. If everything goes well the first term of Joe Biden in the White House Susan can easily be the president after Joe. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves we still need to beat Trump and beat him good.

Edit....

I just went further into Susan Rice background and she is the person to put our allies back into our corner very quickly if Joe Biden gets to the White House.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Rice would be a little redundant given Joe already has a lot of foreign policy experience.

Harris would at least be a progressive influence on domestic issues.

If it's really down to these two, I think Joe is trying to figure out if he'd rather have Susan because he already has a good relationship with her or if she'd be too much of a liability because of Benghazi.

Does anyone even know Rice's positions on domestic issues?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Dems can suck my dick with these bedwench hoes. I will be sitting this shit out.

The Dens dont have game plan for shit except beating Trump. As soon as Biden gets in, all the protest will stop (Bush vs Obama)

Can you tell me what they plan for police reform? Whats the plan for they economy? How are we going to improve education??

The Dems only plan on beating Trump and returning things to "normal" with little change. Most of you aren't really paying attention to how this need to play out.

Having a black VP means little to me, having a black governor would mean a lot more. Do you understand the scenerio that need to take place for that to happen. Are you smart enough to broker that deal for your political party. Do you understand the power a governor yeilds as opposed to a VP.

What worries me is that you guys are ok with black males being shut out the Democratic party. I know more black men running in the Replublican party than the democratic. Whats insane is a black man can raise more money as a Replublican than as a Democrat in 2020.

The Democratic party has done nothing but shit on black men ever since Obama got them the White House. Playing voting games and.placing safe sellout black females as your VP will lose you this election. Harris alone will say ao much dumb shit that she will depress the white and black vote.

Do get me started on how the Dems are allowing foriegn nationala to BUY elections in black neighborhoods. I wont be voting for any of these ass clowns. I rather see Trump run the country into the ground and we start from scratch. If you put in Biden and his bedwenches then we will be stuck in the status quo for the 20 year. No real change will happen if the Dens win with this ticiket.

Another dumbass. People are suffering in real time. You think black folks are going to be the first to recover under 4 more years of Trump? How many black kids are going to be orphans behind covid? Are you donating to their godundme's? Black businesses are suffering more and Trump will not do anything to target us for recovery because he needs to appeal to his racist base.

You're clit watching, worried about who black women are fucking, instead of worrying about Trump, DeVos and others fucking all of us.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if he picks kamala harris i will vote for trump. i'd rather vote for the idiot then the black man hater who'd rather see us sitting in jail for her massa

So you'd vote for a known racist thinking he's less of a black man hater than Harris based upon nothing more than an opinion that she actually is.
If so, who do you think would be in a position to harm black men more, Trump as President or Harris as Biden's Vice President? You might want to rethink that vote. :hmm: