Biden Signs $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill Into Law ! we did it JOE !!

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thats what i voted for! im not getting ALL the things i want ,thats politics n life but i always vote for less obstruction in black peoples way so we can make our own way !!

the bgol whites gonna be mad tuuhday !! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

On Monday, President Biden signed a historic $1 trillion infrastructure bill aimed at repairing the nation’s roads and bridges along with investing billions into expanding access to broadband internet and bolstering the electrical grid.
“For too long, we’ve talked about having the best economy in the world. We’ve talked about asserting American leadership in the world with the best and safest roads, railways, ports, and airports,” Biden said at Monday’s signing ceremony. “But today, we are finally getting it done. And my message to the American people is: America is moving again. And your life is going to change for the better.”
“AMERICA IS MOVING AGAIN”
The legislation is the largest federal investment in infrastructure in over a decade and the bill’s passage marks a significant and bipartisan win for the Biden administration’s domestic agenda.

The package includes $65 billion to improve broadband access with the goal of achieving universal connectivity by the end of the decade.

Another $7.5 billion will go to building out a network of electric vehicle chargers across the country.

The infrastructure package also includes $50 billion to combat the effects of climate change and cyberattacks on national infrastructure

and another $73 billion to improve the power grid.

At the beginning of this year, Biden intended to push through this infrastructure funding alongside an additional multi-trillion dollar investment in social programs and climate change. The infrastructure package that was signed into law Monday was sliced off of the broader social spending package and was approved by the Senate in August by a 69-30 vote. On November 5th, the House voted to approve the bill with 13 Republicans in support of the measure.
The second half of Biden’s domestic agenda — nearly $2 trillion — is still awaiting votes in the House and Senate. This additional spending measure includes $550 billion to combat climate change and $320 billion in expanded tax breaks over the next ten years to encourage electric vehicle and clean energy adoption.
Outside of this bolstering of social services, the second package includes several benefits for consumers looking to purchase electric bicycles. If approved, the legislation would offer Americans a refundable tax credit worth 30 percent of a new e-bike worth no more than $1,500.
The plan also creates a new $475 million Commerce Department grant program to help low-income Americans acquire desktops, laptops, and tablets.
Community groups will be able to apply for grants in order to provide free or discounted devices for poor and previously incarcerated people.

Congress returned to Washington Monday to continue deliberation on the broader social spending package and move on other critical issues, like avoiding a potential government shutdown before December 3rd. It’s unclear when Congress will vote on social spending bill.

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of this shit affects me other than physical Infrastructure and a 30 percent kickback to buy an e-bike.
i know my taxes somehow will go to help alot of black folks ( not concerned if it helps whites (becos what laws in usa doesnt help them in anyway ?) as long as it helps my black peoples , becos im not holding my vote so republicans can win and im cleared eyed enuff to know there will never be a bill that helps only black folks in my life and times ,i dont see it ,so i work with what i know i can control , i didnt vote for the racist US govt to free black people,
i mainly vote so they can be a place holder and hold & not obstruct the door ,while me & my people go get ours ,as opposed to obstructing & denying theres no door & then make laws & statutes that enable companies & individuals who make it hard to even go for ours !

Last edited:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i know my taxes somehow will go to help alot of black folks ( not concerned if it helps whites (becos what law doesnt help them in anyway ?) as long as it helps my black peoples , becos im not holding my vote so republicans can win and im cleared eyed enuff to know there will never be a bill that helps only black folks in my life and times ,i dont see it ,so i work with what i know i can control , i didnt vote for the racist US govt to free black people,
i mainly vote so they can be a place holder and hold & not obstruct the door ,while me & my people go get ours ,as opposed to obstructing & denying theres no door & then make laws & statutes that enable companies & individuals who make it hard to even go for ours !

Fair enough.

Want to impress me, cancel my student debt Biden. Not everyone went to school to acquire a low pay public service job. You sure don't mind the taxes my job generates so help a brother on the back end and wipe my student debt.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
None of this shit affects me other than physical Infrastructure and a 30 percent kickback to buy an e-bike.

Most people have not read the bill. About 15% of it will actually go to infrastructure and most jobs won’t start until 2025.

This is mostly kickbacks to wallstreet and crooked contractors. Shit you even have republicans support it because they want the $500,000 per year board jobs a.k.a kickbacks when they retire.

You won’t see any real effects from this bill.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fair enough.

Want to impress me, cancel my student debt Biden. Not everyone went to school to acquire a low pay public service job. You sure don't mind the taxes my job generates so help a brother on the back end and wipe my student debt.
yeah im deff with student loan debt cancellation, i think they'll do something but im not holding my breathe for a full cancellation , i like what the squad gals r doing with it but i doubt the rest of the dems will ride with it , too many corporate dems in the fucking house,

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tell that your dollar's purchasing power and your overall cost of living.
This bill is a TAX on your way of life. Y'all just don't get this.
Just wait, bruh....
how so ?
so dont build roads, bridges etc infrastructure ?

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
Tell that you your dollar's purchasing power and your overall cost of living.
This bill is a TAX on your way of life. Y'all just don't get this.
Just wait, bruh....
Your talking about the asset recycling part of the bill?

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@APOPHIS @forcesteeler dispute this plz or rather tell me how these are bad for black folks

With President Biden poised to sign the sweeping $1 trillion infrastructure bill on Monday, officials from the Transportation Department and state governments across the country have identified priority projects that have been put off for years and may now move ahead, such as repairing hundreds of aging bridges and building dozens of new or extended rail lines.

But the bill will also fund a number of other broad initiatives such as expanding broadband internet in rural corners of the country and cleaning up heavily polluted Superfund sites. In total, the measure contains $550 billion in new funds to be spread around different areas of need. Here are some of the areas covered.

• $73 billion for the electricity grid.
    Upgrades to the country’s power systems that, among other things, will help the grid carry renewable energy.
  • $66 billion for rail.
    A significant investment in Amtrak, which has a major maintenance backlog, as well as funding for new rail lines and upgrades to existing ones.
  • $65 billion for broadband.
    Funding to provide high-speed internet access to hard-to-reach populations, including Native American communities.
  • $47 billion for climate resiliency.
    New funding aimed at combating wildfires and preparing coastal regions for more frequent hurricanes and flooding.
  • $21 billion for environmental projects.
    Increased funds for cleaning up abandoned mines, contaminated waterways and other polluted sites overseen by the Environmental Protection Agency.
  • $15 billion for removing lead service lines.
    Modernizing water systems to address contaminated drinking water that has affected multiple large population centers.
  • $7.5 billion for electric vehicles.
    Increasing the availability of charging stations across the country, which is part of Mr. Biden’s pledge to build 500,000 stations nationwide.
  • $2 billion for underserved rural areas.
  • A grant program aimed at expanding transportation projects in rural areas.
imagine how many skilled union jobs young blackmen will be eligible for if we keep pushing trade schools etc for those who dont wanna go thru college?

Last edited:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so you should be cool with this bill if you don't think it will help regular folk.

I sure there is more stuff INTENDED for regular folk in this bill than what a republican backed infrastructure bill would entail.

Now whether regular folk get to see any of that money or how much they will see is a different conversation.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so you should be cool with this bill if you don't think it will help regular folk.

I sure there is more stuff INTENDED for regular folk in this bill than what a republican backed infrastructure bill would entail.

Now whether regular folk get to see any of that money or how much they will see is a different conversation.
I feel for the regular folks I was once a blue collar worker so I know how they feel. I know this bill is not going to do a damn thing for regular folks it's gonna be kickbacks for the wealthy.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@APOPHIS @forcesteeler dispute this plz or rather tell me how these are bad for black folks

With President Biden poised to sign the sweeping $1 trillion infrastructure bill on Monday, officials from the Transportation Department and state governments across the country have identified priority projects that have been put off for years and may now move ahead, such as repairing hundreds of aging bridges and building dozens of new or extended rail lines.

But the bill will also fund a number of other broad initiatives such as expanding broadband internet in rural corners of the country and cleaning up heavily polluted Superfund sites. In total, the measure contains $550 billion in new funds to be spread around different areas of need. Here are some of the areas covered.

• $73 billion for the electricity grid.
    Upgrades to the country’s power systems that, among other things, will help the grid carry renewable energy.
  • $66 billion for rail.
    A significant investment in Amtrak, which has a major maintenance backlog, as well as funding for new rail lines and upgrades to existing ones.
  • $65 billion for broadband.
    Funding to provide high-speed internet access to hard-to-reach populations, including Native American communities.
  • $47 billion for climate resiliency.
    New funding aimed at combating wildfires and preparing coastal regions for more frequent hurricanes and flooding.
  • $21 billion for environmental projects.
    Increased funds for cleaning up abandoned mines, contaminated waterways and other polluted sites overseen by the Environmental Protection Agency.
    Modernizing water systems to address contaminated drinking water that has affected multiple large population centers.
  • $7.5 billion for electric vehicles.
    Increasing the availability of charging stations across the country, which is part of Mr. Biden’s pledge to build 500,000 stations nationwide.
  • $2 billion for underserved rural areas.
  • A grant program aimed at expanding transportation projects in rural areas.
imagine how many skilled union jobs young blackmen will be eligible for if we keep pushing trade schools etc for those who dont wanna go thru college?
You need to drastically adjust your projections for black union members.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Am I the only one who finds comedic relief out of the same people saying we won’t get anything out of this bill had no problem jumping Obama when he went to Michigan and drank that water?

That gave me a good chuckle :giggle:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Top Tax Rate on Personal Income Would Be Highest in OECD under New Build Back Better Framework

Under the latest iteration of the House Build Back Better Act (BBBA), the average top tax rate on personal income would reach 57.4 percent, giving the U.S. the highest rate in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). All 50 states plus the District of Columbia would have top tax rates on personal income exceeding 50 percent.

Top-Tax-Rate-on-Personal-Income-Would-Be-Highest-in-OECD-under-New-Build-Back-Better-Framework-rev-1200x1513.png

Merry Christmas

Reactions: BKF