BGOL Ongoing Formula One Thread: 2024 Season

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brilliant drive by Lewis.
history is that the first season after major changes in the formula you have 1 or 2 teams ahead of everybody else. as the season goes on the pack tends to close the gap.
Mercedes are not sabotaging Lewis. to think so is ridiculous. they would lose constructors points. duh.
the fact is the #1 driver gets more attention than the #2 driver.
Niki Laudi says we wants them to race but he never reined in Roseburg. hmmm.
I dislike Vettle but he is a top 5 driver, he just doesn't like the car. Ricciardo does and I sure wouldn't put him in the top 5 yet. As much as I can't stand Alonso racist ass, he is the best F1 driver out there.

Lewis is so good but his strength is his weakness. He's full bore every time all the time. and sometimes you have to be smart and not so quick. but if you try to change him you take away his strength. I only hope he'll "get it" before he can't drive F1 anymore.

Hamilton looked absolutely crestfallen on the podium. Is it any wonder why when he now knows without doubt that Mercedes don’t want him to win the world title.

Shame on Mercedes for their blatant impartiality in a closely fought sporting contest. Their team orders today dumped on all that Hamilton had achieved in the race hitherto. Those orders, to let Rosberg through, surely affected his inner drive at that point at such a crucial juncture in the race. To be challenging for the lead and then to be told to back off must have been a body-blow to the ultra sensitive Hamilton.

I don’t think the new contract will be coming soon and how can Hamilton, if he’s honest with himself, continue driving for a team who, after their conduct today, quite clearly see him as the No.2 driver.

What a predicament to be in at this stage of the season. For all the hoo-ha and faux-pas attached to Hamilton, I feel he deserves better than the abysmal way Mercedes have treated him this weekend.

Hats off to Ricardo and Alonso but Rosberg does behave like he should be given a red-carpeted ride to the title.

Good on Lewis, for defying the orders and holding on to your self-respect.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's messed up about the race in Hungary is Mercedes engineers hurt Hamilton in Qualifying practice on saturday. Hamilton starting from pit lane bascially a lap down from everyone else drives through the field passing car by car.
This is historic in formula one history. Fellas right now he is the best racer out there for Mercedes and maybe the entire field. The engineers where wrong for Hamilton to allow Rossberg to pass. Mercedes sends mix messages to its racers which creates this stupid controversy.

Fernando-Alonso-007.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:

SLY

International
International Member
Lewis Hamilton needs to leave Mercedes if he doesn't win the title IMO. They are clearly backing Rosberg. Why on earth did they put him on the slower medium tires when he had brand new sets of Softs left. :confused:

If he does leave Mercedes, where does he go go next? Back to McLaren-Honda or Red Bull, if Vettel leaves or Ferarri if Alonso departs. I'll be amazed if Hamilton is allowed to win another WDC title. :smh:

SLY

International
International Member
Oh and it's a damn travesty a driver of his talent is only a 1 time world champion. '07 & '12 were seasons ruined by the incompetence of McLaren.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Please elaborate. I'm new to all this.

Hell, Ive been watching since the Schumi days, a Ferrari fan and this is new to me too...:confused:

at the Spanish Gran Prix a few years ago these fans came out in blackface and threw banas and shit. they had a banner saying "Lewis Hamilton's Family." Alonso said some slick shit like that's their right they brought tickets or some shit like that. the picture is in this thread somewhere.

and I go back to, oh god, lotus/cosworth. fuck I'm old...:lol:...:(

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh and it's a damn travesty a driver of his talent is only a 1 time world champion. '07 & '12 were seasons ruined by the incompetence of McLaren.

Bruh... Alonso only has 2... 2010 and 2012 shouldve been his...:smh:

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lewis Hamilton needs to leave Mercedes if he doesn't win the title IMO. They are clearly backing Rosberg. Why on earth did they put him on the slower medium tires when he had brand new sets of Softs left. :confused:

If he does leave Mercedes, where does he go go next? Back to McLaren-Honda or Red Bull, if Vettel leaves or Ferarri if Alonso departs. I'll be amazed if Hamilton is allowed to win another WDC title. :smh:

Mercedes should be asked to justify in public their instruction to Lewis Hamilton. Why was he expected to slow down for Nico Rosberg ? Either Rosberg was quick enough to overtake, if he was close enough with the help of the DRS system, or he was too slow and therefore could not overtake. Since when is the car in front expected to slow down to facilitate an overtake ?

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mercedes should be asked to justify in public their instruction to Lewis Hamilton. Why was he expected to slow down for Nico Rosberg ? Either Rosberg was quick enough to overtake, if he was close enough with the help of the DRS system, or he was too slow and therefore could not overtake. Since when is the car in front expected to slow down to facilitate an overtake ?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EvJ6Ri7yXH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor

happens all the time, bro.

lot of folks don't seem to understand the 2 driver concept. years ago you did what your board said (yeah, before radio they used to show drivers boards) very few went against team orders because rides were hard to get. only in the last 20 years or so have drivers basically said fuck that I'm going for me because now they're rock stars. still the concept is that #1 is #1, all the best goes to #1. that's just the way it is. this has been going on for years only because of radio everybody hears it now.

Last edited:

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
at the Spanish Gran Prix a few years ago these fans came out in blackface and threw banas and shit. they had a banner saying "Lewis Hamilton's Family." Alonso said some slick shit like that's their right they brought tickets or some shit like that. the picture is in this thread somewhere.

and I go back to, oh god, lotus/cosworth. fuck I'm old...:lol:...:(

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EvJ6Ri7yXH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:smh:

Star
Registered
What's real funny yesterday after getting the pole position, he told the press that he wanted lewis to get a decent position so he could get some quality competition.

In his mind he truy believe that he is the lead of the championship based on his skill :D:D:D

He truth always fucking hurt. :dance::dance::dance:

Star
Registered
So he is the only one following the new regulations, give me a freaking break. The funny thing when mark webber retired last year vettel made it clear that he didnt wanted an ex world champ coming to his team, so he will continue racking up the wins.

He thought that Ricardio was gonna be a piece of cake, I love karma is a fucking bitch.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Dunno about 2012 bruh. The amount of dodgy pitstops and reliability problems Lewis had in that season was bordering on comical. :smh:

^^^^^^^

started from Australia and continued all year. with the margins of winning so close pits can make or break.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dunno about 2012 bruh. The amount of dodgy pitstops and reliability problems that season was bordering on comical. :smh:

Mac had the best car that season by far. The 12 Ferrari was another mule, but thanks to Macs unreliability and incompatance they were out of it by Spa. That title shouldve been Alonsos but Ferrari dropped the ball with their questionable strategies, and Vettels unreal luck... What he pulled out pf his ass in Brazil made me think he made a deal with the devil.:smh:

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm now wondering who at first initiated the request for Hamilton to let Rosberg pass. Mercedes was hoping if letting Roseberg pass then he would had been able to over take Alonso and Ricciardo. With two laps remaining GTFOH :lol:

Toto Wolff, Mercedes-Benz’s head of motorsport, said that the team will review the decision to ask Hamilton to let Rosberg by, adding: “We will do this calmly and work our way through any confusion or misunderstanding. There were so many things influencing the decisions we made and we must still determine whether we were right or not.”

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/7/16179.html

Lewis Hamilton said he was "very shocked" that Mercedes asked him to move aside and let team mate and title rival Nico Rosberg through at the Hungaroring.

The Briton had moved ahead of Rosberg, who started from pole, after the second round of pit stops, but the two drivers were on differing strategies: Hamilton had switched to the medium compound and was set to run until the finish, while Rosberg was on the softs and needed to stop again.

Mercedes asked Hamilton to move aside for Rosberg, but the Briton declined and after finishing the race in third, 0.5s ahead of the German, he explained why.

"I was in the same race as him - just because he had one more stop than me doesn't mean I wasn't in the same race as him," Hamilton said.

"And naturally if I'd have let him past, he would have had the opportunity to pull away and when he does pit, he's going to come back and overtake me, so I was very, very shocked that the team would ask me to do that, to be able to better his position.

"He didn't get close enough to overtake but I was never going to lift off and lose ground to Fernando [Alonso] or Daniel [Ricciardo] to enable him [Nico] to have a better race. So that was a bit strange."

Toto Wolff, Mercedes-Benz’s head of motorsport, said that the team will review the decision to ask Hamilton to let Rosberg by, adding: “We will do this calmly and work our way through any confusion or misunderstanding. There were so many things influencing the decisions we made and we must still determine whether we were right or not.”

Hamilton said that his anguish on Saturday, when he was eliminated at the start of qualifying because of a fuel leak, made his eventual third place all the sweeter.

"I can't express to you the pain that you feel when you have issues such as the issues that I've had in the last couple of races," he said.

"It's very, very difficult to swallow, and, to come back the next day and get the right balance between not attacking too much, and not making mistakes, all these different things…obviously when you're at the back you're having to push way past the limit than perhaps you would from pole position or in the top five.

"The fact that I've managed to come back through obviously is a showing of just how great this car is and how great this team is - but ultimately we've worked, I've worked, hard for it so it feels probably better than perhaps a win, gliding from the lead.

"It feels definitely much more satisfying when you come back through. And, as I said, to be ahead and to win the fight is really encouraging."

As a result of finishing third, Hamilton has cut Rosberg's championship lead to just 11 points - the duo on 202 and 191 points respectively. Race winner Daniel Ricciardo is third on 131.

Nico Rosberg Q&A: Sometimes the odds are against you

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/7/16181.html

Rosberg avoided answering the questions about having Hamilton let him by right after the race which is fair, but to think he and Mercedes to think that (Rosberg) had a chance of taking back the lead is ludicrous.

Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg held a commanding lead in Sunday’s race at the Hungaroring until Marcus Ericsson crashed his Caterham and brought out the safety car. At that point, the German’s race turned on its head. Afterwards, the world championship leader spoke to reporters about his eventful day…

Q: Nico, it was a really eventful race that in the end probably didn’t deliver what you had hoped for. You started from pole position - but then it went downhill. What are you taking with you from that race?
Nico Rosberg: In my emotional world the last lap is what sticks: that I didn’t manage to pass Lewis [Hamilton]. That is what is consuming my mind right now. Yes, it was an eventful race and I had my share of bad luck with the safety car coming out when I have just passed the pit lane entry, then the brakes started to overheat, so it was a case of accumulating problems.

Q: The pit wall asked Lewis over the team radio to let you past - which he didn’t do. How upset are you about that?
NR: I don’t want to make any comments on that now. We will have to discuss that internally.

Q: Were you ever close enough to him that when the message came you would have been able to overtake him without him slowing down?
NR: As I just said we have to sit down and analyse the situation.

Q: In the same situation and receiving that ‘order’, would you have moved over and let him pass?
NR: That is too much of an ‘if’ right now. That would be pure speculation and it is not my intention to feed speculation right now.

Q: Your attempt to pass Lewis led you pretty far off the track - was that intentional?
NR: In that part you can outrun the car on the inside - we know that it is possible there. I just wasn’t able to do it.

Q: It was a sizzling last lap for all who watched - how was it for you as one of the actors in that scene?
NR: I was driving at full attack - it was necessary to try to overtake [Hamilton] - but I didn’t manage it. And that is really annoying.

Q: When did you realise that you could attack the leading trio?
NR: Actually it was part of the strategy that I would be able to catch the leader towards the end of the race. In hindsight it probably was not a one hundred percent perfect strategy - but that is always easy to say afterwards. A problem was also - as I just mentioned - that my brakes started to overheat and that my tyres were almost finished. So in the end one thing added to the other…

Q: Have you ever before had that compelling wish for one more lap!
NR: Yes indeed, this race was one lap too short for me. But that is racing. Sometimes the odds are against you.

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not sure that was a 50/50 fault, I am not saying Rosberg purposely wanted to puncture Hamilton's tire but I doubt if Rosberg could have a able to get in position to over take Lewis on that curve.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lewis can't catch a break...:smh: Nico was waaaaaaaay too aggressive that early on that part b of the circuit.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can't stand to hear booing. The people on the sidelines who can't have no room to disrespect those who do. I didn't agree with Nicos aggressiveness in that particular part of the circuit, that early in the race. But it was a split second decision in the heat of the race. He shouldn't be booed for it. It wasn't dirty IMO and people need to be easy on that booing shit. In every sport.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
listen, Pastor Maldonado used to do that shit all the time. his rich papa got the shit squashed most of the time. this is just the way F1 is. the crucial point is that snake Lauda is behind the Rosberg first, Lewis second agenda and talking out both sides of his mouth. watch that muthafucka.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
listen, Pastor Maldonado used to do that shit all the time. his rich papa got the shit squashed most of the time. this is just the way F1 is. the crucial point is that snake Lauda is behind the Rosberg first, Lewis second agenda and talking out both sides of his mouth. watch that muthafucka.

How is this Niki fault???

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How is this Niki fault???

Yeah, Nikki doesn't have bias on either side and both him and Toto said it was basically Rosberg's fault for being too aggressive. Toto did say that Lewis misinterpreted Rosberg's statement about "making a point". He confirmed Nico said it, but it was in regards to no backing down at the corner. Which basically means he deliberately shoved himself into a space he knew he didn't have enough room. If he wins his WDC will be worthless to most any fans at this point. He's getting the Vettel treatment and he hasn't even won the chip yet.:lol:

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, Nikki doesn't have bias on either side and both him and Toto said it was basically Rosberg's fault for being too aggressive. Toto did say that Lewis misinterpreted Rosberg's statement about "making a point". He confirmed Nico said it, but it was in regardsg down at the corner. Which basically means he deliberately shoved himself into a space he knew he didn't have enough room. If he wins his WDC will be worthless to most any fans at this point. He's getting the Vettel treatment and he hasn't even won the chip yet.:lol:

Pretty much... Funny thing. 2 years ago I actually respected Nico and thought he had more talent than the Merc he was given. I thought Lewis was just another wannabe Senna who was given a top tier car before he had paid any dues. But Lewis has matured and Nico is outta pocket. Ive actually been rooting for Lewis at Merc.

2nd2none

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
It was a hard call with the contact between Lewis and Nico but by the rules Lewis had the race line in the turn. Nico should have gave Lewis the space and challenge him later. The fans saw that and he got boooo on the podium do
For it. Also look at the contact with Alanso and Vet at last few laps. Wasn't the same thing as Lewis and Nico?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Predictions 1st place Hamilton 2nd Massa 3rd Alonso, Rosberg out due to transmission. :dance2:

Missed it by one one place and driver..damn I was hoping Alonso would podium just a few races left Hamilton need to remain consistent with qualifying and first place wins.

Last edited: