BGOL Ongoing Formula One Thread: 2024 Season

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not in front of a TV, just reading live updates. Y’all think Hamilton with reel him back in a for a pass attempt by the end?

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Great drive by Hamilton and clever strategy by the team.... Mercedes knew they had to get the pit stops right today due to the Red Bull competitive speed.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Honestly, the only thing that surprised me was that crashstappen didn't wreck himself and Lewis in the process.

I thought what happened to Merc last race was a good thing in a way. Just flush all the bad shit away in one go. Wipe the slate clean and let's get after it.

RB has been known for years as a superb chassis constructor so it should come as no surprise that they do well on technical circuits; especially the wack-ass tilke ones.

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Physiological game Mercedes played, how you going to try and lead 70 laps with just one tire change to hard with 44 is on your tail. Hamilton pitted at 48 Verstappen should had pitted at 49 would had a better chance of battling for first towards the end.

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Valtteri Bottas will remain at Mercedes for 2020 Formula 1 season
_108537902_gettyimages-1155573686.jpg

Valtteri Bottas will remain at world champions Mercedes for the 2020 Formula 1 season.

Mercedes exercised an option to extend his contract after team boss Toto Wolff decided to retain the Finn rather than promote reserve driver Esteban Ocon.

Ocon is expected to join Renault for 2020 after a year on the sidelines.

Wolff had been concerned that Bottas' form had slipped after a strong start to the season but preferred stability over the uncertainty of taking Ocon.

"For 2019, we set Valtteri the challenge of coming back even stronger than we saw him in the first part of 2018 - and he has achieved that, with some really impressive performances in the early races this year," said Wolff.

Bottas, who joined Mercedes in 2017, is second in the championship, 62 points behind team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

He is level with the Briton on four pole positions going into the Belgian Grand Prix this weekend but has won only two races compared with Hamilton's eight.

"I am very happy and proud to be part of the team for a fourth season and wish to thank every team member and the board of Mercedes for their trust and belief in me," said the Finn, 30.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/49509017
:yes::yes::yes:

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
image.png

First Grand Prix
Number of Laps
Circuit Length
7.004km
Race Distance
308.052 km
Lap Record
1:46.286 Valtteri Bottas (2018)​

Simply_Black

International
International Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/49537761

_108569516_hubert.jpg

Formula 2 driver Anthoine Hubert has been killed in a crash at the Belgian Grand Prix, motorsport's governing body the FIA has said.

The Frenchman, who was 22, suffered a huge impact from the car of American Juan Manuel Correa at about 170mph at the Raidillon swerves.

An FIA statement said that Hubert was taken to the medical centre after the incident, and died at 18:35 local time.

Correa was taken to Liege hospital and is in a stable condition, the FIA said.

The race was stopped after the crash and cancelled within a few minutes when the potential seriousness of the accident became clear.

Hubert, who drove for the BWT Arden team, was lying eighth in the championship and had scored two wins this season, in Monaco and France.

Racing drivers and motorsport teams have paid tribute on social media.

Former F1 driver Fernando Alonso posted on Twitter: "What a sad afternoon. I have no words. It hurts the heart. Rest in peace, champ."

Lewis Hamilton wrote on Instagram: "This is devastating. God rest your soul Anthoine. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family today.

"If a single one of you watching and enjoying this sport think for a second what we do is safe your hugely mistaken. All these drivers put their life on the line when they hit the track and people need to appreciate that in a serious way because it is not appreciated enough.

"Not from the fans nor some of the people actually working in the sport. Anthoine is a hero as far as I'm concerned, for taking the risk he did to chase his dreams. I'm so sad that this has happened. Let's left him up and remember him. Rest in peace brother."

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Formula 1 to have record 22 grands prix in 2020 season
The sport's calendar, announced on Thursday before the resumption of the current season in Belgium, features two new races in the Netherlands and Vietnam.
Only Germany has been lost from this year's 21-race schedule.
The season begins in Australia on 15 March and ends in Abu Dhabi on 29 November. The British Grand Prix is on 19 July, a week later than this year.
Squeezing in the extra race has meant seven 'double-headers' - where races are held on consecutive weekends.
Bottas to remain at Mercedes in 2020
Red Bull's Albon starts Belgian Grand Prix at back of grid
Bahrain follows a week after Australia, and the other events a week apart are the Netherlands and Spain on the first two weekends in May; Azerbaijan and Canada in early June; France and Austria; Belgium and Italy; Singapore and Russia; and the USA and Mexico.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/49507583

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

_108569516_hubert.jpg

Formula 2 driver Anthoine Hubert has been killed in a crash at the Belgian Grand Prix, motorsport's governing body the FIA has said.

The Frenchman, who was 22, suffered a huge impact from the car of American Juan Manuel Correa at about 170mph at the Raidillon swerves.

An FIA statement said that Hubert was taken to the medical centre after the incident, and died at 18:35 local time.

Correa was taken to Liege hospital and is in a stable condition, the FIA said.

The race was stopped after the crash and cancelled within a few minutes when the potential seriousness of the accident became clear.

Hubert, who drove for the BWT Arden team, was lying eighth in the championship and had scored two wins this season, in Monaco and France.

Racing drivers and motorsport teams have paid tribute on social media.

Former F1 driver Fernando Alonso posted on Twitter: "What a sad afternoon. I have no words. It hurts the heart. Rest in peace, champ."

Lewis Hamilton wrote on Instagram: "This is devastating. God rest your soul Anthoine. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family today.

"If a single one of you watching and enjoying this sport think for a second what we do is safe your hugely mistaken. All these drivers put their life on the line when they hit the track and people need to appreciate that in a serious way because it is not appreciated enough.

"Not from the fans nor some of the people actually working in the sport. Anthoine is a hero as far as I'm concerned, for taking the risk he did to chase his dreams. I'm so sad that this has happened. Let's left him up and remember him. Rest in peace brother."

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Formula 1 to have record 22 grands prix in 2020 season
The sport's calendar, announced on Thursday before the resumption of the current season in Belgium, features two new races in the Netherlands and Vietnam.
Only Germany has been lost from this year's 21-race schedule.
The season begins in Australia on 15 March and ends in Abu Dhabi on 29 November. The British Grand Prix is on 19 July, a week later than this year.
Squeezing in the extra race has meant seven 'double-headers' - where races are held on consecutive weekends.

This is bullshit. Just like greedy NFL and other owners, they keep adding more events. These guys have a limit to the punishment they can take. All those gs on consecutive weekends? Fuck.

What's going to happen is drivers will retire much younger meaning you'll have a much younger field. And young drivers make lots of mistakes. The F1 I fell in love with is a thing of the past..:(

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to the young man, he was about as perpendicular to the track as you could get after he crashed. Even a carbon fiber monocoque wasn’t gonna help that impact. :(

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Damn. It’s always the other car(s) that gets you. You’re a sitting duck out there when you’re not moving :smh:

Rip