BGOL Health - Sea Moss: Everything you need to know...

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Latin Name: Chondrus crispus
Also Known As: Sea Moss, Carrageen Moss, Irish Moss
Origin: The Ocean

sea-moss_2167a728-fb07-478d-b956-1b04d7e04f7b.jpg

Raw unbleached Sea Moss that is harvested from the ocean has a significant amount of natural minerals that are beneficial to the overall body. Sea Moss is said to have twice as much calcium as cow's milk. The Iodine in Sea Moss is beneficial to treating the Thyroid Gland. Magnesium, Iron, Potassium, Selenium, Phosphorus, are among the many nutrients found in this wonderful Sea plant.

download_x2x.jpg_1718483346.jpg

As a soothing aid to all mucous membranes, Irish Moss is said to ease ailments such as gastritis, nausea, indigestion, constipation, as well as ulcers. Irish Moss also has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral and anticoagulant activities. Used topically, it may help soothe skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and burns. However, it is mostly known for its ability to abate the symptoms of colds and flu, dissolve catarrhs and chesty coughs, as well as soothe bronchitis and pneumonia thanks to its anti-coughing properties. It is extremely beneficial for the Digestive system especially for those suffering from illnesses like cancer and diabetes.

Sea Moss Nutrition Benefits

fresh-irish-moss.jpg

Promotes regular thyroid function
The high content of iodine and selenium make it beneficial for those with thyroid problems.

The thyroid is a gland found in the neck. This gland secretes hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). These hormones are known as T3 and T4 based on the atoms of iodine per molecule. T3= 3 iodine atoms per molecule, T4= 4 iodine atoms per molecule. These hormones have effects on the majority of the body's tissues and increase BMR (basal metabolic rate). Here are just a few examples of what the thyroid is responsible for:

Increases blood flow by directly increasing the rate and strength of the heartbeat.
Increases the growth rate of the developing brain cells in the fetus.
Increases the growth rate of young children.
Plays a major roll in thought patterns, sexual function, and sleep.
Regulates central and peripheral nervous system function.
It regulates the menstrual cycle.
Control cholesterol levels.

The most common cause of thyroid abnormalities is iodine deficiency. Iodine is one of the many minerals found abundantly in Sea Moss. By consuming Sea Moss regularly, you are directly feeding the thyroid.

Promotes healthy sexual function
Due to the generous amount of zinc and other minerals that are vital for reproductive function and health, sea moss is great for anyone who desires an increased sex drive. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, sea moss promotes circulation throughout the entire body especially our reproductive organs. For male readers who are experiencing difficulty with sex-related drive, stamina, erection, and other abnormalities, then you should consider consuming sea moss regularly. For female readers who are experiencing a lack in desire, painful sexual experience due to dryness, feminine irritation, and anything else related to this particular topic, then a regular dose of sea moss may improve this situation.
The strength of your prostate, the health of your sperm, and the amount of semen you are able to produce are all greatly enhanced by the zinc contained in sea moss.

Improves metabolism

After food is consumed, our metabolism is responsible for 3 functions.
Converting food into energy for cellular functions
Converting food into building and recovery elements for cells
Discarding waste after enough food has been processed for the above-mentioned conversions

Sea Moss in regnancy
Sea moss is rich in iodine and thus it is very good for expecting mothers. Sea moss and other sea vegetables are rich in iodine. Moreover, besides iodine other nutrients are also very important for a pregnant lady such as magnesium, iron, and vitamins

81e00e_c6a49098f4cf4995824d038553ac2431~mv2.jpg

Improves circulation
Filters out germs and other bacteria during blood circulation helps to reduce or eliminate Arthritis and other joint pain helps to eliminate the issue of Erectile Dysfunction in men.

Boosts immune function
Sea Moss is known to have antiviral, antibacterial, anticoagulant, and antimicrobial properties.

Improve digestion
Sea Moss is known to ease many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, constipation and other digestive issues. It is said due to the jelly-like consistency of sea moss, it can provide relief to all inflamed mucous membranes by coating the intestinal wall and at the same time pulling toxins out of the body.

Suppresses appetite
Sea moss is used as a meal replacer for those watching their weight.
Sea Moss is a great appetite suppressant due to its high concentration of minerals and its nutrient density. Most of us experience uncomfortable sensations in our stomach when we have not consumed anything for a period of time. This discomfort may be coupled with weakness and cravings. This is the feeling that we know as hunger. Today we have many companies that create products to assist in the regulation and suppression of this hunger. Do your due diligence in researching what works best for you should you go that route. However, for the people that are looking to suppress their appetite in a more natural and healthier way, sea moss should be considered. When you process sea moss into a gel form, it is easy to add as an ingredient with other foods and drinks. Due to its jelly-like consistency, when sea moss is consumed it passes through the intestines and soothes any inflammation as well as removes any toxins. Sea moss consumed regularly will help to eliminate cravings and as a result, bring the body back to its natural weight based on your level of activity and nutrition.

Rich in vitamins and minerals
The human body is made up of 102 minerals and Irish Moss contains a whopping 92 of them. It also provides a wealth of other important nutrients including; protein, beta-carotene, B vitamins, pectin, vitamin C, sulfur, bromine, calcium, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, selenium, pectin, zinc, just to name a few. One of the most important of these nutrients is a sulfur-containing amino acid called taurine, which is more abundant in Irish moss than any other seaweed – a nutrient that is commonly lacking in vegetarian and vegan diets.
It is an excellent immune-boosting food that can be invaluable in the recovery from a debilitating illness. Its high vitamin and mineral content make it the perfect food to replenish and revitalize the body after a long battle with the disease.

Skin
Used topically as a skin and hair toner and nourishment.
Aside from internal consumption, sea moss can be applied directly to the skin. It works great on sunburn, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. Sea Moss is high in sulfur making it the perfect beauty accomplice. It can be used as a facial to help with acne, premature aging, wrinkles, dryness, dark spots, and helps to restore elasticity and firmness to create new skin. You can think of it as nature’s facelift.

Recovery
Sea Moss provides relief from muscle and joint pain. Whether you are a professional athlete, fitness enthusiast, or perform any kind of heavy lifting at work, sea moss can help replace the minerals that you deplete the body of when performing these activities.

Immune Support
The potassium chloride in sea moss helps it to eliminate inflammation dissolve mucous- two major culprits of most dis-ease. It is excellent for fighting cold and flu symptoms and can also be used for prevention throughout the whole year.

Great for Workouts/Bodybuilding
Sea moss can be used in shakes, as a health drink, as a thickener ingredient for cakes, ice cream, gravies, etc. Also, it can be used like Jell-O or simply eaten raw. ...
Seamoss is rich in protein and low in calories and fats which makes it ideal pre or post-workout. It replenishes nutrients and is also energy-boosting and helps to balance metabolism and eliminate body fat making it excellent for weight loss.

Prenatal and Postnatal Care
The benefits of sea moss can also be enjoyed by expecting mothers. The nutrient compound provides the mother with a host of vital nutrients and its also been known to support the brain growth of the unborn child. It can also be used post-birth to replenish nutrients and help to balance emotions and prevent postpartum depression.

Sea Moss and Fertility
Sea Moss is also used as a natural sexual enhancer. People can use it as a natural aphrodisiac for men. Sea moss helps in enhancing the fertility of men as well as in women. It also helps you in mood enhancement. It helps in the following way:
Sea moss product also contains zinc which helps in boosting testosterone in males.
It may also help in increasing motility and sperm count.
It helps in increasing sexual performance.
It also increases metabolism and energy in the body.

Sea Moss Nutrition Benefits
Vitamin A in sea moss helps in improving eyesight. It also helps in developing immunity against cold and flu.
Vitamin B in sea moss helps in regulating the metabolism of the body, maintains the nervous system and skin health.
Vitamin C helps in maintaining the immune system of the body. It also aids in absorbing iron in the body.
Vitamin D maintains your bone health and improves the deficiency of calcium in the body.
Vitamin E acts as antioxidants that protect against cell walls.
Vitamin K in sea moss recovers from the clotting of blood.

Top-10-Benefits-of-Seamoss-www.detoxandcure.com-periodic-table.jpg

It contains 92 minerals of the 102 minerals that the human body consists of. Such as zinc, iodine, iron, calcium, potassium, B-complex vitamins, sodium, sulfur, silicon, and iron. Here is a shortlist of the various elements, chemicals, trace minerals, and vitamins typically found in sea moss:

Calcium (Ca)
Folate (‎C19H19N7O6)
Iron (Fe)
Zinc (Zn)
Copper (Cu)
Sodium (Na)
Iodine (I)
Boron (B)
Soluble Potash (K2O)
Magnesium (Mg)
Manganese (Mn)
Phosphoric Acid (P2O5)
Potassium (K)
Selenium (Se)
Sulfur (S),

Carbohydrates including:
Alginic Acid (C6H11No6)n
Mannitol (C6H14O6)
Laminarin ‎(C6H10O5)x
Nitrogen (N)

The recommended quantity and dosage of sea moss is about 1 to 2 tablespoons. That translates to about 4 to 8 grams of sea moss per day.

Sea-Moss-benefits-nutritional-label.png

Vitamins A to E, and K
Vitamin A
in sea moss helps in improving eyesight. It also helps in developing immunity against cold and flu.
Vitamin B in sea moss helps in regulating the metabolism of the body, maintains the nervous system and skin health.
Vitamin C helps in maintaining the immune system of the body. It also aids in absorbing iron in the body.
Vitamin D maintains your bone health and improves the deficiency of calcium in the body.
Vitamin E acts as antioxidants that protect against cell walls.
Vitamin K in sea moss recovers from the clotting of blood.

How to Prepare Sea Moss
1. Wash thoroughly with water to remove salt or other impediments (Sea Moss grows wild in the ocean).
2. Blend 6 oz of Irish Moss with 32 oz of hot water for a few minutes (initially blend at low speed to prevent splashing as blender cuts through the moss).
3. Add two cinnamon sticks, a teaspoon of ginger root and blend for a few more minutes until smooth.
4. The gel can be stored up to 10 days in the refrigerator. It can also be added

Last edited:

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
How to Use Irish Sea Moss Gel in Raw Food Recipes
Irish sea moss gel is great for making raw cakes, enabling you to use less nuts. It’s particularly good for raw chocolate desserts, because the strong taste of chocolate masks what slight taste there is in it.

Irish sea moss gel is also great for use in raw bread recipes, since it will make them slightly springier and softer. This is especially true when used in conjunction with psyllium husk.

You can see a full list of our recipes that use Irish moss here.

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
you sell it? how much per pound?
its about $60/lb online ...... Ive found of for tremendously less than that...

Nah bro, but the cat in the pic does. He's a social media personality.

I wouldn't trust him however, and would recommend going to an herbal store instead. I won't have on him though, so check out his channel. Your take may be different.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Here is my supplier, a good brother I’ve known since middle school. Black owned and operated. He and his wife make their own juices and I vouch for their product. The seamoss I use is in a gel.

they just sell the juice... no listings of sea moss... I have a connect... this is for those who do not.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Here is my supplier, a good brother I’ve known since middle school. Black owned and operated. He and his wife make their own juices and I vouch for their product. The seamoss I use is in a gel.

Thanks

I usually go with Ty’s conscious Kitchen but he runs out fast

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
mqdefault.jpg

This thread is King Earner approved and moss is on deck...unless you're Alpo!
First thing I thought of when I read the thread title :lol:
King Earner Live and Direct with the Honorable SeaMoss Gold with 92 of the 102 minerals....

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
First thing I thought of when I read the thread title :lol:
King Earner Live and Direct with the Honorable SeaMoss Gold with 92 of the 102 minerals....

LOL @ Live and Direct.

That fool gon' end up getting murked by Po (the real life Rico from Paid in Full)! Check out how shook he was in this vid:

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL @ Live and Direct.

That fool gon' end up getting murked by Po (the real life Rico from Paid in Full)! Check out how shook he was in this vid:

He’s been snatching Alpo’s honor for awhile now. And has been beefing with his son too lately. He’s a hell of a character lol

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
How to Use Irish Sea Moss Gel in Raw Food Recipes
Irish sea moss gel is great for making raw cakes, enabling you to use less nuts. It’s particularly good for raw chocolate desserts, because the strong taste of chocolate masks what slight taste there is in it.

Irish sea moss gel is also great for use in raw bread recipes, since it will make them slightly springier and softer. This is especially true when used in conjunction with psyllium husk.

You can see a full list of our recipes that use Irish moss here.

The gel is good for healing as well. My girl had some tears after she birthed our kids and she applied sea moss gel, looks like new now.

And I know you've probably used it to heal the corners of your mouth and other areas that you and your buttbuddies unnaturally abuse.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I blend it with turmeric and cinnamon and drink it.
Raw aloe or some other form? My pops used to just blend it raw. Hated it that way but I was a kid. Interested in reintroducing it back into my diet. Fam from St. Lucia so familiar with this and sea Moss/irish moss.