BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
FaaDd6yXgAQwEN9

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Chadwick Boseman Wins Posthumous Emmy for Marvel’s What If…?
By Bethy Squires@BethyBSQU

7565dfd061cb152ee3719e127ffa99b216-chadwick-boseman.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
The Creative Arts Emmys has done what the Oscars could not, and given Chadwick Boseman a posthumous award. He won Outstanding Character Voiceover Performance for the What If …? episode “What If … T’Challa Became a Star-Lord?” Boseman recorded his parts on the Disney+ show before his untimely death due to colon cancer in 2020. In the episode, it is T’Challa who gets kidnapped by the Ravagers rather than Peter Quill. Using his super diplomacy skills, T’Challa convinces Thanos to give up his snap aspirations and also frees every lifeform from Taneleer Tivan’s collection — thus erasing the back half of Phase 3 and the Disney California Adventure ride Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT!

Boseman beat out F. Murray Abraham (Moon Knight), Julie Andrews (Bridgerton), Maya Rudolph (Big Mouth), Stanley Tucci (Central Park), Jessica Walter (Archer) and Jeffrey Wright (also Marvel’s What If…?) for the Emmy. His widow, Taylor Simone Ledward, accepted the award on his behalf Saturday night(per The Hollywood Reporter). When I learned that Chad was nominated for this award, I started thinking about everything that was going on when he was recording — everything that was going on in the world and in our world and just being in such awe of his commitment and his dedication,” she said in her acceptance speech. She also noted the synchronicity of her late husband being recognized for a series about the universe’s infinite possibilities, something that Boseman thought about often. “You can’t understand your purpose unless you’re willing to ask, ‘What if,’” she said, “unless you’re willing to say, ‘What if the universe is conspiring in my favor, what if it’s me?’”

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Chadwick Boseman Is Now a Disney Legend
By Alejandra Gularte

59338496b530d7c21197d5e6392db6406f-derrick-boseman.rsquare.w330.jpg

Black Panther’s Chadwick Boseman has officially been inducted into the Disney Legends Award Ceremony. Boseman’s brother, Derrick Boseman, accepted the award on his late brother’s behalf, giving a heartfelt speech on his brother’s career and life. “When I heard that Disney wanted to honor Chad, the first word that came to mind for me was the word honor,” Derrick shared. “As I think about my brother and this honor that is being bestowed upon him, I wish that he was here to receive it. Him not being here has been a point of immense pain for my whole family. But as I think about him, I think about how he honored our parents. How he honored his family. How he honored even his friends, and he made sure that his friends had good careers. How he honored all the contracts that he signed. He honored them with his blood, his sweat, his tears, as he played these roles and he was taking chemo at the same time.”

Also inducted during the ceremony were Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff, Idina Menzel, and Josh Gad for their work in Frozen and Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross for their work with black-ish. Anderson spoke about his upbringing in Compton, a few miles away from the D23 convention in Anaheim. “First, I’d like to say it is an honor to stand before you as a Disney Legend. Growing up in Compton, California, about 25 miles west of here, Disney was always in the background,” Anderson said. “Disney has taught all of us to dream. And to dream big.” Bell thanked families for their love and patience for the Frozen franchise, as the music was inescapable. “I would like to say that I’m sorry to every parent who has had to listen to Frozen on a loop. I feel you, I see you, I am you. I get it,” joked Bell. Other honorees included Rob’t Coltrin, Patrick Dempsey, Robert Price “Bob” Foster, Don Hahn, Doris Hardoon, Chris Montan, and Ellen Pompeo.