BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why-Namor-Looks-Different-In-Black-Panther-2.png

T'cholo

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mexicans want a hero but they haven't done the work or the effort to deserve a hero at least not from what I have seen. I see a lot of Black women comment on Black Panther and I feel the same way what have they done to deserve representation in this medium. I remember years before the Black Panther movie was announced I had a cover of Black Panther as my Facebook profile. A chic asked me if that was Batman I had to explain who it was a few years later she's all about Black Panther

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@raze

@1:22:00 check this cause you would appreciate this
first this is an artform I am fascinated in I would love to interview this guy and one day do a documentary on this under appreciated skill. Also if you HEAR/Listen how this man speaks without specifics he TELLS you how much stress and love and pressure they were under. And while he doesn't SPECIFICALLY talk about the recast? You hear how this film is FOR Chadwick(RIP) dudes on here are embarrassing themselves.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I’m still not going to see it. Don’t like Feige or Nate Moore, Coogler also had a hand in making the poor decision not to recast. People need to stop letting Marvel think shit like that is OK. They think as long as they’re putting black people up there no matter who it is, they’re pleasing the public. I doubt they’d do this to Thor, or Iron Man, or Spiderman.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’m still not going to see it. Don’t like Feige or Nate Moore, Coogler also had a hand in making the poor decision not to recast. People need to stop letting Marvel think shit like that is OK. They think as long as they’re putting black people up there no matter who it is, they’re pleasing the public. I doubt they’d do this to Thor, or Iron Man, or Spiderman.

You REALLY think if...

Robert Downey Jr
Or
Chris Hemsworth
Or
Tom Holland

SUDDENLY DIED OF CANCER

they would immediately recast in the next movie.

You really and truly believe that?

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No T’Challa

No Ticket

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

@raze @Day_Carver @Camille

Before I say anything....

Thoughts?

I don't have strong feeling about this one way or another. I think it's probably too soon to recast, but in future versions of the movies I don't have a problem with it. I don't follow the comics. Was T'Challa immortal in the comics? From the quote in the movie, and the fact he almost died, I assumed not.

The quote from the movie was:

The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
You REALLY think if...

Robert Downey Jr
Or
Chris Hemsworth
Or
Tom Holland

SUDDENLY DIED OF CANCER

they would immediately recast in the next movie.

You really and truly believe that?

They said they’re not recasting TChalla ....at all. And with Spiderman, I think they would recast the next movie. It just may be a while before they make their decision and release it. Hemsworth and Downey, it would take a while, but they would’nt say they’re definitely, not recasting.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't have strong feeling about this one way or another. I think it's probably too soon to recast, but in future versions of the movies I don't have a problem with it. I don't follow the comics. Was T'Challa immortal in the comics? From the quote in the movie, and the fact he almost died, I assumed not.

The quote from the movie was:

The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

Honeysuckle >>>>>

In fact in the movie the Queen asked his girlfriend to take the herb.

And in the comics the mantle is always passed to a successor...

So unlike the other heroes and characters these so called fans mention?

It's NOT the same.

It's more Doctor Who for me and with the variants what's the problem.

And of course we had actors die before but the NEED for them to not only replace the Panther but T'Challa is really odd to me.

Cause God I hate to do this but I'm always forced to...

Shuri to my girls is THEIR Black Panther.

Period

Too many weirdos on the board but I will say this not in high school yet but have taken classes at MIT, NYU, Columbia and Harvard in engineering

Why?

Shuri.

So if God forbid that actress died you really think they are DEMANDING a recast?

Same with Ms. Marvel.

WTF is the rush?

T'Challa is not immortal he isn't meant to be.

Yeah recast if you want.

We were all fine with recasting war machine.

But this ain't that.

Cause I hear a WHOLE LOT of too many black women on screen hate attached to this recast stuff.

Whatever.

ALL THESE FOOLS LYING, they gonna pay to see this with everyone else.

Show this much passion for washing your damn hands, supporting black business and voting.

I make a point to not pray for you fools daily.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They said they’re not recasting TChalla ....at all. And with Spiderman, I think they would recast the next movie. It just may be a while before they make their decision and release it. Hemsworth and Downey, it would take a while, but they would’nt say they’re definitely, not recasting.

They will recast him.

But now it is not the time

It's time to mourn the king

When I die

At my funeral

I hope you fools ain't on here telling @Lexx Diamond @Camille @raze

We need to recast Playa

He was too important to the board

Just let @gene cisco have his screen name.

We need him here.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They would recast them niggas in a heartbeat

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There really isn't much to say. Some people were going to be unhappy with whatever decision Marvel made. Both sides have made fair points, but at the end of the day, the box office will have the final word.

And what you think the final numbers gonna show?

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Cheaper than buying the whole Disney catalog, cheaper than buying the Star Wars box set, cheaper than purchasing the Marvel catalog. Try again!!!!
Now, you're changing the subject. You were criticizing people for seeing Black Panther in the theater despite Boseman only making 500k. Now, you're adding in all of this other shit about box sets that wasn't in your original statement.

You lost the plot, man.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And what you think the final numbers gonna show?

My gut says it will cross a billion. However, it's still early; things can happen, and the film could turn out to be a dud, but they're off to a great start with the marketing.

It will be interesting to see how Marvel deals with the #recasttchalla folks. I don't think they'll address them directly, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chadwick's family gives the film their blessing at some point. If you notice, whoever runs his Instagram has the Wakanda Forever trailer and a post about his Posthumus Emmy nomination for playing T'Challa on What if. Seems like his estate is on good terms with Marvel. A positive word won't silence the dissenting voices, but it might make some more open-minded. We'll just have to see.