BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@raze

I think I wrote a great way to solve this story, honoring Chadwick, addressing mutations, linage, african gods, the future panther and multiverse. I ain't written in awhile but I got a synopsis and 2 end credit bumps imma pm you later

I also tied in the Disney+ series

Can't take full credit me & my oldest did a rewatch while she was doing her engineering project and she made sure I kept my time line straight.

You save it

Cause if any of these ideas come out?

I need you as witness.

As I victory lap all over phase 5 or if they jack my vision

Kevin know I'm gonna need my cut & story by credit

:hmm:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I'm saying this.

What If... no pun intended let's say Chis Hemsworth died.

Would we say let's replace him with another actor?

Or less morbid....

If RDJ didn't want to come back to a flashback scene would the audience accept another actor replacing him?

Same for Chris Evans.

It would JUST be a flashback.

And They could EASILY bring back Natasha

There is no body we have a TON of theories that she isn't dead.

In fact the recent comics have a story line about it.

This is comic books NO ONE stays dead right?

Would the audience be comfortable with that?

All I'm asking.

Cause if Paul Rudd died tomorrow? You think Marvel and the audience is begging for a replacement?

And I am not even completely opposed to the idea. I'm just asking what you HONESTLY believe the reaction would be from THOSE fans?

Your comparisons dont work. Im not about to play the game of what if so and so died IRL, I aint trying to put that evil on myself.

Hypothetically, if they wanted to bring Natasha back but Johansson wasnt down to play the role, yes yes and yes recast the role. Again, its apples to oranges, but fuck yes, recast it.

More on topic though, do you remember Spartacus? The main actor died, cancer too, the show took a big break. The main actor was everything to that show. But guess what... the new actor was good in the role, the show around him was good, it took some time for fans to get used to it but the character lived on with the new actor. It worked.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Your comparisons dont work. Im not about to play the game of what if so and so died IRL, I aint trying to put that evil on myself.

Hypothetically, if they wanted to bring Natasha back but Johansson wasnt down to play the role, yes yes and yes recast the role. Again, its apples to oranges, but fuck yes, recast it.

More on topic though, do you remember Spartacus? The main actor died, cancer too, the show took a big break. The main actor was everything to that show. But guess what... the new actor was good in the role, the show around him was good, it took some time for fans to get used to it but the character lived on with the new actor. It worked.

Bro yeah i hate doing that comparison too.

Wish nothing but health and long life on every one as I already said.

But that's what we discussing right?

That's what makes it difficult and complicated and why I usually don't discuss this topic on here.

And Spartacus is a darn good example

I'm a kid of the soap opera era been seen this type of recasting from Dallas to All My children etc etc etc etc

But I'm telling you...

Ain't that simple with THESE characters

You see the emotion in these posts?

Conspiracy theory incel women hater LGBTQ etc etc rhetoric and that's from so called fans.

Dudes posting in a fan thread dedicated to a property they claim to HATE, posting religiously about how much they hate it and then watching that property more than actual fans?

So even those who hate watch care

Imagine actual fans?

These characters illicit so much raw emotion. The current culture of social media is insane and to be fair Spartacus was never as big as any marvel property

But I don't think in 2022 the Spartacus swap would work as well as it did 10 years ago.

And also the actor cast studio did an amazing job handling that for a very loyal audience.

No matter what marvel decides its gonna be met with negative.

They don't replace him or they do or they give the mantle to someone else.

People gonna hate and complain

I truly honestly don't give a sh*t

I like it I enjoy it. (Not every thing)

And I accept those who don't.

My thing is

Just don't go out your way to crap on other people's happiness.

No matter what happens.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Theo Butler- DIEHARD BLACK PANTHER FAN-is mad as fuck Long-ass video, but the brutha makes some valid points.

I saw the last 4 mins of this nig rant why the fuck is he so mad? Nig acting like he seen the shit or found out this shit funding human trafficking in Africa. This nig need to go get some pussy and calm the fuck down

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See, you could not argue the point, so you decided i to attack me.

Thats called ad hominem.

And its bitch made.
Hey, dude.
There's nothing ad hominem in my posts.
And you are the one resorting to name calling and insults. (Your words: "ijit, dipshit, bitchmade") :dunno:
I just pointed out that you are clueless on the fact of the impact that the narrative "Roots" had (and still has) on the minds and actions of Black people.

Much in the same way Black Panther has today.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Hey, dude.
There's nothing ad hominem in my posts.
And you are the one resorting to name calling and insults. (Your words: "ijit, dipshit, bitchmade") :dunno:
I just pointed out that you are clueless on the fact of the impact that the narrative "Roots" had (and still has) on the minds and actions of Black people.

Much in the same way Black Panther has today.
At this point you're just lying.

Looky here mayne, if you make a statement be prepared to tell why you think the statement is true.

That way you might learn that what youre thinking may not line up with reality.

I know that Roots had AN impact on society at large, i was there. But what that impact was is not universally agreed upon.

And it CERTAINLY does not support your notion of a secret conspiracy to control the thinking of Black people.

Ninja thats just stupid.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I saw the last 4 mins of this nig rant why the fuck is he so mad? Nig acting like he seen the shit or found out this shit funding human trafficking in Africa. This nig need to go get some pussy and calm the fuck down

He has a wife, I believe he gets pussy. T'Challa has been his favorite character since childhood and there is fuckery afoot with Marvel Entertainment regarding the character.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At this point you're just lying.

Looky here mayne, if you make a statement be prepared to tell why you think the statement is true.

That way you might learn that what youre thinking may not line up with reality.

I know that Roots had AN impact on society at large, i was there. But what that impact was is not universally agreed upon.

And it CERTAINLY does not support your notion of a secret conspiracy to control the thinking of Black people.

Ninja thats just stupid.
There's no lying involved in any of the statements I made.
I made my point about a movie/ TV series changing the minds and behavior of Black people. It's not hard to see or understand. Like you, I also lived through that era. And I remember SPECIFICALLY how Roots changed the way Blacks thing, how they see themselves and how they behave.

Deny it all you want.
You can name call all you want.
It doesn't change the truth... :dunno:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
There's no lying involved in any of the statements I made.
I made my point about a movie/ TV series changing the minds and behavior of Black people. It's not hard to see or understand. Like you, I also lived through that era. And I remember SPECIFICALLY how Roots changed the way Blacks thing, how they see themselves and how they behave.

Deny it all you want.
You can name call all you want.
It doesn't change the truth... :dunno:
Your conclusion is anecdotal.

You DO NOT KNOW how Roots affected the self identity of Black people as a whole.

Do you understand this?

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your conclusion is anecdotal.

You DO NOT KNOW how Roots affected the self identity of Black people as a whole.

Do you understand this?
No.
Based on your posts, it's YOU who doesn't understand how Roots effected the self identity of Black people as a whole and changed The Black Community for the better.
But hey; it's never too late to learn, right...? ;)

Peace...

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
No.
Based on your posts, it's YOU who doesn't understand how Roots effected the self identity of Black people as a whole and changed The Black Community for the better.
But hey; it's never too late to learn, right...? ;)

Peace...
Negro please. Are you psychic or omnipotent?

Or did you conduct an exhaustive peer reviewed study on the effects of watching Roots on the self identity of Black folks in America?

Anecdotal evidence is evidence based only on personal observation, collected in a casual or non-systematic manner. The term is sometimes used in a legal context to describe certain kinds of testimony which are uncorroborated by objective, independent evidence such as notarized documentation, photographs, audio-visual recordings, etc. Similarly, psychologists have found that due to cognitive bias people are more likely to remember notable or unusual examples rather than typical examples.

Black folks ain't a monolith. We do not all think the same, we don't all draw the same conclusions. We're individuals with different reactions to similar stimuli.

You think the same way bigots do.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
And what's the plan to bring Michael back? Is he training from the ancestral plane?

Thats the word. Might be bullshit but I would take it IF they find a noble way to reimagine KillMongers character.

So fucking tired of deifying Killmonger. Folks kill me, all this "black girl magic" stuff, yet fans cape for a guy who kills and abuses black women.

No. That aint it fam.

MCU already underused a GREAT black talent with Idris. They don’t wanna repeat that mistake again. Jordan is Coogler’s best friend in real life and they are both on the top of their games. If they can find a way to have him EARN a spot in the lineup I’m sure they will write him in.

One of the best ways to defeat an enemy is to TRANSFORM him. This something T’Challa would definitely approve of in the wake of the suspect shit his father did by abandoning KillMonger.

Look at Michael Fassbender as Magneto. That same struggle was identified. He tried to atone for his past with great sacrifice. Tom Huddleston did the same thing with Loki and they couldn’t kill him off as a fan favorite. It would be asinine to let Jordan go with just ONE film and an animated series .

He obviously not gonna be in it for obvious reasons but let’s give it time and see what they figure out. Remember this movie is basically about the current situation it dosent mean it can’t be a new black Panther down the line

True that. If T’Challa and Nakia has a son on the way - he will be ready for the next film.

The thing is, for comic book fans, TChalla is more important then BP.

I agree with this. There is nobody that can correct the shitstorm this film is in. Without T’Challa at the center - this world is damaged.

Only alternative is to find an alternate T’Challa from another dimension. Or put his life essence inside of KillMonger. They have to find a way to bring him back somehow.

oNE

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Since that holographic Tupac concert 10 or so years ago.
Hollywood understands the public does not want the Dead brought back to CGI life.
It gets tried each year and the response has always been no !
I would have recast, Actors get recast everyday. The show can not stop for one person.
Put up a statue, Have a parade, Tell the world we miss him. Call in the understudy.
NoOne complained when Aunt Viv all a sudden looked a bit different, geez

As to the Director,
That is a Rock and a Hard place
Black director would have been great
The end result is what matters.

The director is black fam.

Did we forget that BP was supposed to be the next leader in the MCU? CB's passing changed everything, not just the next movie! You can physically recast BP, but Chadwick was so powerful . . . You don't find actors like that everywhere!

Right. These Black Panther films were supposed to be the spy/ action films to replace the Captain America films really. They moved T’Challa right into position so that he would be leading the Avengers in the next film. Now I dunno what they gonna do.

oNE

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Chadwick Boseman's Black Panther costars want Wakanda Forever to honor 'our brother, our leader, and our king'

Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong'o, Winston Duke, and more joined EW after taking over Comic-Con's Hall H.
By Devan CogganJuly 25, 2022 at 06:29 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
FBTweetMore

00:43
07:11

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022 movie)
TYPE
  • Movie
GENRE
When Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong'o, Winston Duke, and Letitia Wright set out to make Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, they had one goal in mind: honoring their late costar Chadwick Boseman.
The stars of Wakanda Forever took over Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, debuting the first trailer for their highly anticipated Marvel sequel. Just after they stepped off stage, the cast stopped by EW's Comic-Con studio, where they opened up about why it was so important to them to get the film right. More than anything, they said, they hope Wakanda Forever will pay tribute to Boseman, who died in August 2020 at age 43 after privately battling colon cancer.

"The most important thing, of course, was honoring our brother, our leader, and our king," Gurira told EW. "That was definitely at the forefront of our minds and our spirits and our hearts. There was this amazing impact that the first Black Panther had, so the need, I think, was to really solidify that these characters and this world have an arc. It wasn't a one-time momentous thing."
The cast of 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' at San Diego Comic-Con

| CREDIT: GIZELLE HERNANDEZ FOR EW
The cast also spoke about wanting Wakanda Forever to live up to the legacy of the first film, which shattered box office records and became the first Marvel film to land an Oscar nomination for Best Picture. As Gurira explained, their goal was to expand upon the themes of the original Black Panther, exploring new corners of Wakanda and deepening character arcs.

"It's also important to let go of any expectation that this movie will be Black Panther 1," Duke added. "This is going to be its own thing. This narrative has evolved, and it's changed, just like all the characters and the circumstances of Wakanda itself. For me in particular, I just had to let go of the expectation of this being anything like the first movie and allow this movie to be its own thing."
In addition to returning cast members like Gurira, Nyong'o, Duke, Wright, and Florence Kasumba, Wakanda Forever features some new faces. Tenoch Huerta stars as the legendary ruler Namor, with Mabel Cadena and Alex Livinalli joining the cast as Namora and Attuma. The film will also mark the debut of Michaela Coel as Aneka and Dominique Thorne as Riri Williams, a brilliant teenage tech inventor who'll soon star in her own Disney+ series, Ironheart.
"It was very surreal for me to jump on this train," Livinalli said. "It didn't feel like it was a sequel. It felt like it was its own thing, and I felt very welcome. I felt like I was part of the family."
The cast also praised writer-director Ryan Coogler, highlighting his "integrity" throughout the filmmaking process and how he's shepherded Wakanda's story.
"There's not many directors like Ryan out there," Wright said. "The soul and the heart of the film starts with the writing, and he has a sensitivity to our ideas and how we want to collaborate. [We loved] just having him be the one spearheading these ideas and the structure, and just being our leader each day on set. It's a dream come true to work with him again."
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will hit theaters Nov. 11. Watch the full interview with the cast above.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Did we forget that BP was supposed to be the next leader in the MCU? CB's passing changed everything, not just the next movie! You can physically recast BP, but Chadwick was so powerful . . . You don't find actors like that everywhere!

That's why I don't like race-swapping roles. Chiwitel Ojeafor, Jonatan Majors or Idris Elba, all have the acting chops to play T'Challa. They just had to be given white roles, which closed the door for this opportunity.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Why haven
If they recast T'Challa

Then they might as well do the same for Steve, Tony and Natasha.

Even if God forbid those actors passed in actuality...

I would love to see the reaction if they had done that.

They had WAAY more appearances and screen time. Not even close.