Rising Star
BGOL Investor
have a link

Nigga it’s on CBS!

tenor.gif

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
So let me get this straight. Every year you guys clown the BET awards calling it coonish and stupid. Now because of the pandemic they had to totally change the show format. No live audience, all pre recorded performances, and presenters on camera from the crib. Yet this year it’s decent to y’all? Foh

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
So let me get this straight. Every year you guys clown the BET awards calling it coonish and stupid. Now because of the pandemic they had to totally change the show format. No live audience, all pre recorded performances, and presenters on camera from the crib. Yet this year it’s decent to y’all? Foh

Didn't really have coonish performances this year...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well I mean this year wasn't really coonish and stupid though lol.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit was actually one of the better BET Awards in recent memory. Because of Covid and not having a Live Audience it forces these productions to be more concise and flow better. They don't have the pressures of live television. And it also allowed for them to actually have great productions and performances. IT also helped that they had great performers like Maseago, Chloe x Halle, Anderson Paak,vDa Baby and a few others perform.

These constraints are allowing for quality programming. And let's be honest....live audiences ESPECIALLY on the BET awards suck.

Another thing is they left the ignorant at home for this one. I didn't see any City Girls, no mumble rappers, no Cardi B.....that will boost your programming a lot.

If I had a complaint.....I don't think we got that nostalgia old school performer this year. Like one year it was Charlie Wilson, one year was New Edition......

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
This shit was actually one of the better BET Awards in recent memory. Because of Covid and not having a Live Audience it forces these productions to be more concise and flow better. They don't have the pressures of live television. And it also allowed for them to actually have great productions and performances. IT also helped that they had great performers like Maseago, Chloe x Halle, Anderson Paak,vDa Baby and a few others perform.

These constraints are allowing for quality programming. And let's be honest....live audiences ESPECIALLY on the BET awards suck.

Another thing is they left the ignorant at home for this one. I didn't see any City Girls, no mumble rappers, no Cardi B.....that will boost your programming a lot.

If I had a complaint.....I don't think we got that nostalgia old school performer this year. Like one year it was Charlie Wilson, one year was New Edition......

I agree completely.

I was expecting a trainwreck but this turned to be a very good show, very polished and flowed very well. R&B, Rap, the Country segment was well done and I enjoyed Karen Clark Sheard and her daughter Kiki Sheard. Wayne Brady did well in his tribute to Little Richard but I agree, I would have liked to see an old school performer. Amanada Seales was fine (I know opinions on her are mixed)

CBS has their blueprint for the Grammys next year

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y
I agree completely.

I was expecting a trainwreck but this turned to be a very good show, very polished and flowed very well. R&B, Rap, the Country segment was well done and I enjoyed Karen Clark Sheard and her daughter Kiki Sheard. Wayne Brady did well in his tribute to Little Richard but I agree, I would have liked to see an old school performer. Amanada Seales was fine (I know opinions on her are mixed)

CBS has their blueprint for the Grammys next year
Yeah I'm usually a critic of Amanda Seales but she was the perfect host for this type of format. Ended up much better than I expected.

And yep expect the Grammy's to follow suit and other awards shows.