Wait for it.....
OG Investor
2624e0b8a589522d9af523ae35879993aa9187f570c98dbc70d1884efab14c6b.jpg
:smh:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
why does this matter.. i need to know more about what the sanctions would do

These sanctions are punishment for Putin torturing political enemies, using radiation poison to kill people in England and helping Trump win our election. They hit his pockets and the pockets of his billionaire buddies hard.

Funny that Bernie is always railing against billionaires yet he has consistently voted against hitting the pockets of russian billionaires.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
These sanctions are punishment for Putin torturing political enemies, using radiation poison to kill people in England and helping Trump win our election. They hit his pockets and the pockets of his billionaire buddies hard.

Funny that Bernie is always railing against billionaires yet he has consistently voted against hitting the pockets of russian billionaires.
got it...that word sanctions gets thrown around a lot... hell i think even trump suggested santions against Russia. i was just wondering which ones THESE are

zuluking

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i hate sanctions , speaking as immgrant who has had his birth country subject to sanctions. sanctions never work , only impoverish the lower class and creates a bitter anger towards those that impose those sanctions. someone point me where sanctions ever worked ?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i hate sanctions , speaking as immgrant who has had his birth country subject to sanctions. sanctions never work , only impoverish the lower class and creates a bitter anger towards those that impose those sanctions. someone point me where sanctions ever worked ?

This is an interesting point

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

The magnitsky act freezes the assets of billionaires and restrics their travel. Unless the imporverished have significant sums of money in us banks and do lots of travel, they are not affected.

And it worked so well Putin helped Trump win the election in hopes he would undo the sanction.

The sanctions voted on yesterday were specific to one Russian oligarch and his company.

Last edited:

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
meant to foment anger towards the upper class/ruling parties in the countries upon which said sanctions have been imposed.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
title of the thread is Bernie skips vote

i just asked about the sanctions...

im still waiting on that kissing ass post.
Again if sanctions is not important and why do trump want to Lift the sanctions on Russia?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
The magnitsky act freezes the assets of billionaires and restrics their travel. Unless the imporvwrished have significant sums of money in us banks and do lots of travel, they are not affected.

And it worked so well Putin helped Trump win the election in hopes he would undo the sanction.

The sanctions voted on yesterday were specific to one Russian oligarch and his company.
Thank you.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Again if sanctions is not important and why do trump want to Lift the sanctions on Russia?
who said anything about trump or that sanctions wasn't important

and you still haven't shown where i was kissing ass...

I ain't going back and forth with you nigga..

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just a couple of points because some of you act like you have no clue and social media misinformation would work on you.

the vote was 57-42 and so it was short with Sanders or without Sanders.

the narrative that Sanders helps Russia is straight bullshit and Tex knows it.

And without Sanders, it is debatable how much of a blue wave would have happened in the midterms since many of the newly minted are inspired to get involved and they ran on a progressive message only after being inspired by Sanders..

So if Tex spreads misinformation is he a Russian troll too ?

• Sen. Bernie Sanders misses the vote; his spokesman says he was meeting with women who accused his 2016 presidential campaign of sexual misconduct.

The fact that Bernie Sanders (I-VT) voted against the so-called Magnitsky Act of 2012 imposing targeted sanctions on Russian oligarchs to punish the Putin regime for human rights abuses is often cited as “proof” by liberal conspiracy theorists that Sanders was somehow culpable in the Kremlin’s targeted effort to damage the candidacy of Hillary Clinton as part of their broader attack on the 2016 U.S. election.

What liberal conspiracy theorists won’t tell you is that Sanders was joined in voting nay by Carl Levin (D-MI), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), and Jack Reed (D-RI) none of whom stand accused by anyone of being Russian stooges.

What liberal conspiracy theorists won’t tell you is that the Obama administration opposed the Magnitsky Act. The administration flip-flopped only after the sanctions were attached to a bill normalizing trade relations with Russia, hence the bill’s official name: The Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012 (H.R. 6156).

What liberal conspiracy theorists won’t tell you is that Sanders voted for a second, more robust version of the Magnitsky Act in 2015.
The fact that Bernie Sanders (I-VT) voted against the so-called Magnitsky Act of 2012 imposing targeted sanctions on Russian oligarchs to punish the Putin regime for human rights abuses is often cited as “proof” by liberal conspiracy theorists that Sanders was somehow culpable in the Kremlin’s targeted effort to damage the candidacy of Hillary Clinton as part of their broader attack on the 2016 U.S. election.

What liberal conspiracy theorists won’t tell you is that Sanders was joined in voting nay by Carl Levin (D-MI), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), and Jack Reed (D-RI) none of whom stand accused by anyone of being Russian stooges.

What liberal conspiracy theorists won’t tell you is that the Obama administration opposed the Magnitsky Act. The administration flip-flopped only after the sanctions were attached to a bill normalizing trade relations with Russia, hence the bill’s official name: The Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012 (H.R. 6156).

What liberal conspiracy theorists won’t tell you is that Sanders voted for a second, more robust version of the Magnitsky Act in 2015.

https://pplswar.wordpress.com/2018/07/19/why-did-bernie-sanders-vote-against-the-magnitsky-act/

These narratives that Senator Sanders is working to benefit Russia, perhaps because of resentment for his loss to Clinton, are nothing short of absurd.

Adam Parkhomenko, former Clinton aide and founder of the Ready for Hillary PAC, tweeted: “Feel the Bern? Bernie Sanders voted against Russian sanctions today. 98 Senators voted for Russian sanctions today. Sanders voted the same way anyone with the last name Trump would vote if they were in the Senate. No excuses ― stop making them for him.”

Peter Daou, another Clinton adviser, also took to Twitter, writing, “So Bernie Sanders was 1 of 2 (out of 100) senators to vote against Russia sanctions. And 1 of 4 to vote against the Magnitsky Act.” Daou’s reference to the 2012 Magnitsky Act, another bill leveling sanctions against Russia, suggests he believes Sanders’ vote indicates he is tied to Putin.

These narratives that Senator Sanders is working to benefit Russia, perhaps because of resentment for his loss to Clinton, are nothing short of absurd. In fact, Sanders was the only progressive lawmaker to approach this bill responsibly.

In response to the criticism, Sanders tweeted: “I am strongly supportive of sanctions on Russia and North Korea. However, I worry very much about President Trump’s approach to Iran. Following Trump’s comments that he won’t re-certify Iran’s compliance with the nuclear agreement I worry new sanctions could endanger it.”

H.R. 3364 lumps Russia and Iran sanctions together, giving both parties incentive to ensure its passage. With Democrats eager to punish Russia for its election interference in order to put Trump in a bind, and Republicans unhappy with Obama’s Iran deal wanting to crack down on Iran, politicians on both sides had incentive to overlook potential problems with the bill.

However, lawmakers must be cautious of supporting politically expedient legislation at the cost of destroying one of today’s most important international agreements.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...n-deal-from-trump_us_597df7f8e4b0da64e879b55e

easy_b

BGOL Investor
who said anything about trump or that sanctions wasn't important

and you still haven't shown where i was kissing ass...

I ain't going back and forth with you nigga..
You still didn’t answer my question but I’m through with this conversation you trying to be a cover to Bernie Sanders you are no different from Trump supporters

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Just a couple of points because some of you act like you have no clue and social media misinformation would work on you.

And without Sanders, it is debatable how much of a blue wave would have happened in the midterms since many of the newly minted are inspired to get involved and they ran on a progressive message only after being inspired by Sanders..

anytime Russia comes up Bernie Sanders have a funny time with the situation

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
You still didn’t answer my question but I’m through with this conversation you trying to be a cover to Bernie Sanders you are no different from Trump supporters
nigga you didn't answer MY question..you throwing wild accusations with no proof ...FOH

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
anytime Russia comes up Bernie Sanders have a funny time with the situation

yeah never mind that there are always things attached that shouldn't be there.

and I know you answered before reading cause you not Evelyn Wood.

So when President Obama allowed the payroll tax reduction to expire in order to raise the debt ceiling, did that mean he hated the working class ?

Of course not....

The issue is that clean bills are never submitted..

How many black folks supported the crime bill because they didn't read it and they those things have sure outweighed any good that might have been in it

easy_b

BGOL Investor
nigga you didn't answer MY question..you throwing wild accusations with no proof ...FOH
Again if sanctions wasn’t important why is trump trying to lift them for Russia my question answers your question

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Bernie's moral character is damn near unassailable imo, dude has been on the right side of every issue for decades. His previous votes on Russia sanctions listed above were due to the to the typical bs strategy of linking issues that have no business being linked as noted by @ballscout1

Having said that there is no rational reason any Senator should have voted to remove sanctions on Deripaska's companies as far as I can tell. Literally none. There is no benefit to the American ppl and it signals a lack of censure for the fuckery Oleg and Russia have perpetrated with help from assets like Manafort. Was this a final vote? Sanders hasn't minced any words about Russia and Putin so I'm doubtful he's compromised tbh, I'd love to hear his explanation before assuming the worst. Would be dissapointed if it wasn't a stellar reason.

Last edited:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

Dude always has these long winded explanations for voting for the crime bill, for sending nuclear waste to a poor minority community, for voting to protect gun manufacturers, for not releasing his taxes.

How about instead of these fucking excuses, he vote the right way.

On the vote yesterday, it was targeted at a billionaire. He lectures the country every day about reigning in billionaires, but when he had a chance to vote to reign in a russian billionaire, he was awol.

If this was a vote for medicare for all, do you think he would have missed that vote?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude always has these long winded explanations for voting for the crime bill, for sending nuclear waste to a poor minority community, for voting to protect gun manufacturers, for not releasing his taxes.

How about instead of these fucking excuses, he vote the right way.

On the vote yesterday, it was targeted at a billionaire. He lectures the country every day about reigning in billionaires, but when he had a chance to vote to reign in a russian billionaire, he was awol.

If this was a vote for medicare for all, do you think he would have missed that vote?

The point is the right way isn't always the short-sighted way.

Many people voted for the crime bill because of the good shit in it.....But even back when that vote happened he said what made him uncomfortable with it and those are the exact things that came to pass.

Your question would be legit if it wasn't being asked because of your agenda though...

yesterdays vote wouldn't have changed if he was there or not but to think that his proxy wasn't available if needed is dishonest.

and stop pretending that its just about reigning in billionaires around the globe.

and to try and tie in Medicare or all with foreign policy is just so dishonest

Just like sayng, he voted against the act in 2012 without saying he voted for a stronger version in 2015..just be truthful and still keep your views and disagreements ..

misinformation is that regardless of where it comes from

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He lost, I get it, Black folks hate social programs, educational equality and economic development. We want a better white person that makes us feel better. OK Sanders is done, who is on deck?

Beto voted for the bill in TX that made Police a protected class, akin to ethinicity, or gender. So that is preferable, because he jacked Obama's speaking style?

Politics is not cut and dry, one vote above all others. Look at the total record and Sanders is far better on policy than any of these other white politicians and some of the Black ones. Shit let his ass stay in the senate. He should not run again. If he does and gets through the primary, I would certainly vote for him over ANY republican, or centrist democrat (like that Blue Dog Democrats, Kirsten Gillibrand).

Keep fighting on the left, and watch Trump slide right through 2020.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
He lost, I get it, Black folks hate social programs, educational equality and economic development. We want a better white person that makes us feel better. OK Sanders is done, who is on deck?

Beto voted for the bill in TX that made Police a protected class, akin to ethinicity, or gender. So that is preferable, because he jacked Obama's speaking style?

Politics is not cut and dry, one vote above all others. Look at the total record and Sanders is far better on policy than any of these other white politicians and some of the Black ones. Shit let his ass stay in the senate. He should not run again. If he does and gets through the primary, I would certainly vote for him over ANY republican, or centrist democrat (like that Blue Dog Democrats, Kirsten Gillibrand).

Keep fighting on the left, and watch Trump slide right through 2020.
That’s a very broad incorrect statement you just made. Most black people loves his policies we just don’t like him.