Bernard Hopkins got ROBBED!!!

J

JFlex!

Taylor only won the first 5, maybe 6 rounds because he out-worked, Bernard. He never landed anything real clean, and never hurt Bernard.

The last several rounds, Bernard did everything but knock his ass down/out!

When the decision was announced, Taylor's corner looked & acted surprised as HELL!!! Taylor was even apologetic and busy talk'n bout the rematch!? How you gonna win, and be busy talk'n bout the rematch? :mad:

Y

*Yum~Yum*

Hopkins lost that fight himself. Why wait till round 10 to start being the aggressor? He didn't have the fight won up till then. His corner failed him cause they should have told him that he needed to step up at least by round 7 or 8. But no he wanted to start showing his shit in round 10? Come now...if you ain't gonna knock the challenger out then what the hell was ya waiting for?

~~~~
That judge that scored it for Hopkins was out of his mind. Not because he scored it for him but the spread. He scored the fight like Taylor was truely getting his ass served. The judge that gave the 10 round to Taylor needed glasses. It should have been a draw. The fight was just that close when comparing the consistency of Taylor throughout the fight and the last few rounds of Hopkins bringing the pain.

MO

K

KRich

They gotta rematch... but Bernard being the veteran he is, should know that he cant just work hard for 4 rounds and leave it up to the judges to decide. He didnt handle his business. Close fights can go either way in boxing. He should know that.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hell yea he got robbed it should have at least been a draw. No way taylor won that fight. Bernard broke him down. Taylor's jab everyone was talking about didn't show up to the fight. Taylor had no idea what to do with hopkins. By the end of the fight he was tired and confused. Had they gone 15 like the old days hopkins would have knocked him out.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Haven't even watched the fight yet, but I will (thanks Johniz)
But I know that Hopkins may have lacked motivation
Hopkins is the sort of fighter who fights as if every match is
his last...I think this rematch deal was in the back of his head
and maybe affected his desire to fight....Knowing he had to
fight again anyway. Also, I know losing this fight gives credibility
to the other guy know....A rematch will get them BOTH paid

fattyd

Potential Star
OG Investor
I was in Vegas at the fight live. The place was full of people from Arkansas rooting on Taylor. By the end of the fight, All of those people, INCLUDING Taylor had the look of sadness. I mean, no bull$hit, everyone thought Hopkins won. The people who had been rooting for Taylor all began leaving BEFORE the decision was announced, and if you'd have seen Taylor's body language versus Hopkins, you would have thought he'd lost as well. I admit I think Hopkins got robbed....but he should have been more active in the initial roundsand this probably wouldn't have been an issue.

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
Temujin said:
........ Had they gone 15 like the old days hopkins would have knocked him out.
YO! ...seen the replay..As a Hopkins' fan and a boxing fan, Hopkins waited too late... :mad: He shoulda been able to take Jermain... and he should get him in a rematch!! It was disappointing seeing him lose a bout he coulda (shoulda) won....

callbacc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he loss!!!!!!!!! get over it hopkins cant stop the double jabs
had they gone 15 round bh whould have die!
you just cant win 2 or 3 round in a 12 round fight and get a win or draw not going to happen plus bh should have loss two or three points off the score for foul play and dirty fighting.