Atlanta, Georgia 2020

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I gotta come to Atlanta the weekend of March 15-17 but I will be back and forth thru out the year on business. Wanted to see if there were any events, clubs, lounges, and or food spots folks could recommend. Thanks in advance!

invest-in-downtown.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
What part of the city will you be in and what type of crowds (young, old, hip hop, soca, etc) do you prefer?

Im not sure where Im staying yet. Maybe Buckhead this time. But it really doesnt matter. Im willing to ride wherever. Im into hip hop and r&b clubs, but I get down with the afropop shit too.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Harolds Chicken & Ice Bar if the weather permits and Edgewood Ave.

If you're into SOCA I'd be willing to bet that a fete will be going on.

I will add some more because I'm sure we will be having something going on.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I could listen to 10 seconds of this dude talk it was just impossible
He just has a southern slur. You shouldn't have payed that any mind he can't help the way he talks. He does make sense with what he talked about though from my perspective.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Could you translate?
Yes I know exactly what he said.

He basically spoke about Atlanta being overcrowded and that the transplants have brought alot of crime to the city and that the jobs aren't as spread out than what the transplants be thinking.

zx10 rider

Star
Registered
Yes I know exactly what he said.

He basically spoke about Atlanta being overcrowded and that the transplants have brought alot of crime to the city and that the jobs aren't as spread out than what the transplants be thinking.

Ah ok wasn’t trying to down the man it’s really hard to comprehend his speech pattern thanks for that.

teeswinger

Potential Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'll be down there with the wife around the same time as op. Any live jazz lounges or something grown n sexy to recommend?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I wasnt able to make it down this past weekend. So I'll be in town the weekend of March 29-31. If anything special is poppin, hollar!

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I'll be back in the A in 2 weeks for the Memorial Day Atlanta Carnival. Im staying in midtown this time. Looking for recommendations for a good breakfast spot. Preferably one that dont got a 2 hour wait.

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where are the good food spots in Atlanta?
Family friendly and not overpriced. Local attractions, events..etc.

Thanks

swampfox

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man tha A is solid, folks with no hustle complain tha most. I live in Buckhead btw and lived in Norcross before that and lived in Marietta before that, and lived in Gwinettt before that. I’ve seen it all and know it’s a great place to stay. Never had major problems here. This is coming from someone that worked corporate, quit worked clubs and bartended, and worked corporate again.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Are there any good 30 and up R&B hangout spots? (Old school 80s/90s music will do, too) Looking to see some women that "still got it" in a chill but lively environment.
I don't do thug clubs and dopemen spots when I travel to other cities, so none of that.
What parts of the city should I be looking to stay in for a week-long visit?

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My visit to the A was great. The kids had a blast and I got to spend time with family I haven't seen in a while. My wife fell in love with Sublime donuts. Her and the kids could've ate them every day if allowed.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sooo, nobody's gonna give me the low down on the A? I'm not moving back to the South. I just want to know where a grown brotha can chill there without being the "old knigga in the club" and the only one not dressed like a high schooler.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Sooo, nobody's gonna give me the low down on the A? I'm not moving back to the South. I just want to know where a grown brotha can chill there without being the "old knigga in the club" and the only one not dressed like a high schooler.

All depends on what part of the city you're going to be in and what you consider old.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I almost did fam, but kinda waited too late to get it popping. I am more than likely gonna be in 1 in the Labor Day Carnival in Brooklyn 2020.

The people in the group I'm in tell me that Miami, NYC and Toronto are the best in the country, enjoy.

They say Atlanta (Dekalb) doesn't compare to any of those three.

I'm looking for the 30+ crowd. R&B heads. As for what part of the city, IDK. I can go where the happenings are at. I'll either rent a car or take uber or lyft to wherever.

Man there are plenty of spots for you to go. What type of music do you listen to and are you offended by weed?

Also what part of the city will you be in?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The people in the group I'm in tell me that Miami, NYC and Toronto are the best in the country, enjoy.

They say Atlanta (Dekalb) doesn't compare to any of those three

Yea i hit up carnival in the A and NYC this year and had fun at both. The A has 2 carnivals which IMO dissipates the energy that could be there if they had 1 big 1. The one in NYC is just on another level cuz the West Indian community is so deep and historic out there.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

They say Atlanta (Dekalb) doesn't compare to any of those three.

Man there are plenty of spots for you to go. What type of music do you listen to and are you offended by weed?

Also what part of the city will you be in?
As I said, I'm looking for the R&B crowd.The 30 and older crowd. I can really roll with almost any kind of music but I'm looking for spots where people are dancing and having fun. If y'all would just start throwing out some names, I'll do the rest of the work.
I guess I move differently than most but in a city that I don't live in, what part of town its in doesn't matter to me. I just don't want to hit a spot that's all 21 year olds who only listen to rap. That's not my scene. I'm cool with pretty much anything else.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
As I said, I'm looking for the R&B crowd.The 30 and older crowd. I can really roll with almost any kind of music but I'm looking for spots where people are dancing and having fun. If y'all would just start throwing out some names, I'll do the rest of the work.
I guess I move differently than most but in a city that I don't live in, what part of town its in doesn't matter to me. I just don't want to hit a spot that's all 21 year olds who only listen to rap. That's not my scene. I'm cool with pretty much anything else.

My fault I skipped right past that music preference.

I would start off my evening on Edgewood ave.

It will probably be cold but people should be out walking the street.

Mixed crowd with an average age of probably 31-32.

Clubs/lounges up and down the street.

I wouldn't recommend driving because the city is so spread out.

Check out BQE Lounge to pregame or the W.

Suites Lounge is like shooting fish in a barrel and it is downtown.

Old School Saturday always cracks but I didn't like my last two times I went.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My fault I skipped right past that music preference.

I would start off my evening on Edgewood ave.

It will probably be cold but people should be out walking the street.

Mixed crowd with an average age of probably 31-32.

Clubs/lounges up and down the street.

I wouldn't recommend driving because the city is so spread out.

Check out BQE Lounge to pregame or the W.

Suites Lounge is like shooting fish in a barrel and it is downtown.

Old School Saturday always cracks but I didn't like my last two times I went.

Good lookin' out! This is a start. Is this the same Suites Lounge?

Any spot with a dress code is a plus for me.