Atlanta, Georgia 2020

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is any of this info still good? What's up in the ATL this coming weekend? (Dec 9, 10, 11)?

Yes still relevant aside from Carnival dates.

Where Locals Eat

QTime (Soulfood)
Big Daddy’s (Soulfood)
International Roti House (Caribbean Food)
Tropical Isle (Caribbean Food) off Old National
Wats Crackin‘ (Seafood)
Nuevo Laredo (Mexicano)
Scotch Bonnet (BBQ)
LT Wings
WK Wings
JR Crickets (off Abernathy or Main St). The main one downtown is so so
ATL Wings (off Glenwood and Candler)

Last edited:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yes still relevant aside from Carnival dates.

Where Locals Eat

QTime (Soulfood)
Big Daddy’s (Soulfood)
International Roti House (Caribbean Food)
Tropical Isle (Caribbean Food) off Old National
Wats Crackin‘ (Seafood)
Nuevo Laredo (Mexicano)
Scotch Bonnet (BBQ)
LT Wings
WK Wings
JR Crickets (off Abernathy or Main St). The main one downtown is so so
ATL Wings (off Glenwood and Candler)
Cool. Any 30 and over spots poppin' on Friday night that play R&B?

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool. Any 30 and over spots poppin' on Friday night that play R&B?

I haven’t mingled in Atlanta in a minute, so I wouldn’t want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Maybe Apache Cafe, some of the lounges off Edgewood Ave might have spots. Matter fact there are a lot of lounges in Atlanta. That’s where the Grown and Sexy crowds cling too, the lounges/hookah bars

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I haven’t mingled in Atlanta in a minute, so I wouldn’t want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Maybe Apache Cafe, some of the lounges off Edgewood Ave might have spots. Matter fact there are a lot of lounges in Atlanta. That’s where the Grown and Sexy crowds cling too, the lounges/hookah bars

Maaannnnnn! I was down there and had a night to mess around. I went to this spot called CRU lounge. That shit was a hole-in-the-wall thug spot. Then I went to a couple of bars down the street. One spot was called Harold's or something. I didn't even go in. I could see from the window that it had too many dudes in there. :smh:
There was this other club - Our Bar or something like that. Some rapper named Blueface(?) was having a release party or something. There were a lot of poser ass dudes but there were also a lot of bad ass females in there. I hung out for a sec. then dipped.
I was surprised at how many spots were free to get in down there. I was told to check out The Royal Peacock and to check Suites Lounge on Luckie St. I'll have to hit those next time. I think Musiq Soulchild was performing at The Royal Peacock that night.
That CRU lounge was NOT the lick, though. It looked like it was about to go down the whole time I was in there.
I'm definitely coming back to just kick it. I'll wait till the weather is better and pop down there.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Royal Peacock is cool. It's a Caribbean spot well last time I used to go it was. Don't know if they switched it up. Suite on Luckie St. is nice. It has that black Hollywood feel. Hip-Hop and RnB

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I will be in ATL in 3 weeks, any updated recommendations for 40 and up, single brothers?

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I will be in ATL in 3 weeks, any updated recommendations for 40 and up, single brothers?
Probably want to hit up one of the cigar lounges.

In three week we should be kicking off carnival parties so if you're into West Indie women then you will have options.

What part of the city will you be in?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
W
Probably want to hit up one of the cigar lounges.

In three week we should be kicking off carnival parties so if you're into West Indie women then you will have options.

What part of the city will you be in?

I will be near Emory Hospital for work. What Cigar lounges do you recommend?

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
W

I will be near Emory Hospital for work. What Cigar lounges do you recommend?

Havana Cigar lounge

Monticello is cool too but its not a cigar lounge.

Remember it is hot as shit around the Lenox mall area so be mindful if you head down there.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Havana Cigar lounge

Monticello is cool too but its not a cigar lounge.

Remember it is hot as shit around the Lenox mall area so be mindful if you head down there.

Appreciate it:xmasbell:, I'll report back once I hit up these spots.

qsstang

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Gonna be in Atlanta middle of July for a convention at the state farm arena... Any suggestions on food and kick backs...?

Venom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disclaimer: I have partied around the world and will not compare trick vs non trick establishments. I also will not compare to clubs circa 2000.

KOD review. I overslept and missed all the weekend partying. I went to KOD Monday 1 am. It was one of the worst strip club experiences I ever had. $20 cover for an empty club. The chick that came out was over the hill/fat/past her prime. The bartenders were middle aged too. She doesn’t ask for a drink but suggest I get a drink. I walk to the bar and they make her a drink on my tab without me offering her a drink or her requesting it. Another $20 burned. This was worst than a hood strip club I went to in Vegas. Clubs like this give strip clubs a bad name.
Grade F. Silver lining I didn’t have to pay for parking. I see why bros are getting their passports.

Royal Peacock Review Monday 2 am An W Indian spot. I’m not well versed in Afro Carribean music but I enjoy it. I have to give the DJ a C+ for the cuts he picked. Hottest chick in there was a 6.5 which is unacceptable. Bad female male ratio. A third of the chicks super obese and unattractive (thinks 1s and 2s I wouldn’t accept $50 to smash.) parking was free since so late. Club half empty and $20 cover. Grade D- I’ve caught on its better for a veteran local to help with late night spots. Missed out on mjq and Suite, Complex. I’m leery with the cover charges that don’t include drinks and going in blindly to weak/wack venues.