AT&T Closing DC Comics If '5G' Fails Says Ethan Van Sciver

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
att-closing-dc-comics-5g.jpg

Following the news of the exit of Dan DiDio, it's being said that AT&T will close down DC Comics if its upcoming "5G" event fails.
Former Green Lantern and DC Comics artist Ethan Van Sciver has reacted to the news by going live on YouTube.

Ethan Van Sciver said that sources within the industry filled him in that if the "5G" event fails that AT&T will close the company.

"Understand. It doesn't mean the characters are going to go anywhere. Batman, of course, is a prized possession of AT&T now. AT&T is Batman, and they are going to keep putting out movies and product and toys and all that stuff," Van Sciver said. "Comic books are dead and they are going to close up the publishing house soon. I'll tell you that a professional who I spoke to recently said, 'Yeah, I was talking to one of the higher-ups at DC Comics who said that if 5G doesn't work out, that's it, AT&T is closing the publishing arm.' So this is ball game."

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
It was only a matter of time and failures....

Marvel: "It'll allll be over soon D.C. …..

just go to sleep.….go to sleep … just relax

… good girl … goooood girl !!!"

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Comics books aren’t dead

my son and his little friends love reading Baruto and Anime comics. I like him reading them because you have to read it in reverse. Fav better adapt or die.

mangas are at an all time high right now. i mean Viz Media who provides most of the material in the u.s. is spiking ridiculously in u.s. sales. i had started looking into selling them online if i can.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
mangas are at an all time high right now. i mean Viz Media who provides most of the material in the u.s. is spiking ridiculously in u.s. sales. i had started looking into selling them online if i can.

Man my

my wife straws selling anime shirts on Etsy and couple other sites. Shit is super popular

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
DC needs to find themselves a Kevin Feige equivalent. They have good characters, they just don't know what to do with them right now. They also have to remember that when it's all said and done, "It's About Storytelling!"

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
stop trying to make DC Marvel...
Next to Spawn and the Blue Marvel, my favorite characters are Darkseid and Batman. I'd hate to see them two fall by the way side because the Suits can't get their shit together. Imitate the successful until you're successful. Then try out your half-baked ideas.

No one in there right minds would produce Birds of Prey when you have all of these other deep characters whom are way more interesting. Personally, I'd love to see an R-Rated Ras al-Ghul origin story. Plus, Ras' daughter is fine as a MoFo. :yes:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Next to Spawn and the Blue Marvel, my favorite characters are Darkseid and Batman. I'd hate to see them two fall by the way side because the Suits can't get their shit together. Imitate the successful until you're successful. Then try out your half-baked ideas.

No one in there right minds would produce Birds of Prey when you have all of these other deep characters whom are way more interesting. Personally, I'd love to see an R-Rated Ras al-Ghul origin story. Plus, Ras' daughter is fine as a MoFo. :yes:
yeah but your talking about the movies...not the comic books

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DC needs to find themselves a Kevin Feige equivalent. They have good characters, they just don't know what to do with them right now. They also have to remember that when it's all said and done, "It's About Storytelling!"

Nah, ace...they had Dwayne McDuffie & a few other cats that was equivalent to Kevin Feige...the problem isn't DC.

Think about it. You want an easy 5 Million? Make one of the animated stories into a live action version. It's that easy for DC.

The problem is the heads over DC, Time Warner & AT&T. They are so thirsty for a hit that they say fuck the slow build, let's just throw shit against the wall & see what sticks. And they want to constantly involve the big three (& sometimes the big 8) in every single thing.

Truth be told, Marvel had the same problem in the Avi Arad days. It took them losing a gang of their popular IPs (Spidey, FF, Hulk, etc.) & building a new universe off the backs of the third tier heroes to get to this point.

We'll see if DC can survive. Just don't fuck up this upcoming DC/Marvel team-up.

I won't be happy until they admit that Scarlet Witch got fucked up accessing the Chaos magic of the DCU & that shit caused all the deletion of mutants & the Avengers death & shit.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, ace...they had Dwayne McDuffie & a few other cats that was equivalent to Kevin Feige...the problem isn't DC.

Think about it. You want an easy 5 Million? Make one of the animated stories into a live action version. It's that easy for DC.

The problem is the heads over DC, Time Warner & AT&T. They are so thirsty for a hit that they say fuck the slow build, let's just throw shit against the wall & see what sticks. And they want to constantly involve the big three (& sometimes the big 8) in every single thing.

Truth be told, Marvel had the same problem in the Avi Arad days. It took them losing a gang of their popular IPs (Spidey, FF, Hulk, etc.) & building a new universe off the backs of the third tier heroes to get to this point.

We'll see if DC can survive. Just don't fuck up this upcoming DC/Marvel team-up.

I won't be happy until they admit that Scarlet Witch got fucked up accessing the Chaos magic of the DCU & that shit caused all the deletion of mutants & the Avengers death & shit.
are you mixing the comics with the movies??

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered
The problem is this big wigs bought a brand for the sake of movies. That comic movie shit is fading. Not dead but it needs its grassroots structure.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Apparently NO ONE watched the video in the thread where the artist in the article did a podcast about it...

he said comics are crashing because of the influx of "weird SJWs" changing everything and people are turned off by that

that streaming is killing network TV too...in his words "tv is going the way of the Do-Do...."

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Apparently NO ONE watched the video in the thread where the artist in the article did a podcast about it...

he said comics are crashing because of the influx of "weird SJWs" changing everything and people are turned off by that

that streaming is killing network TV too...in his words "tv is going the way of the Do-Do...."
What's "weird sjws"?