Asher Roth "We was actin' COON"

Dubez

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im trying to get into dude, and im listening to this freestyle with tim westwood. And I had to rewind this part 100 times to make sure i heard what i heard.

For the most part im not racially sensitive, but I DO have a problem with this white boy supposedly coming of the top of the head and saying "I was just out to dinner with friends// we was actin COON, we was gettin it in..." :eek:

Is that shit cool? Am I being to analytical to this rap shit?

6:12 mark

sirwoodz

Rising Star
Registered
typical wanna be hip hop white boy...has heard mos def or somebody say "they were acting like some coons"

and you know these young ass white kids don't know what that means...so now he uses it totally out of context.

this dude is a product of the machine trying to feed itself by hyping him up...he ain't shit.

AMENTA

Potential Star
Registered
yes it is always too far - but we have to look at those 'who look like us' first that regularly 'coons' on tracks before we judge CACs.

the ones who say they are blk and coon on records are worst than any CAC.

anyone else agree?

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
This is what happens when you take a cracker from the crackerside of crackerville, who knows nothing about hip-hop or black folks other than what he learned from CDs, and give him the spotlight.

This dude is clueless. And his label should be ashamed. He gon fuck around and call somebody his "nigga" on TV... and I'ma love it.

ClevelandDawg216

***TURBO CITY GLOBAL***
BGOL Investor
This is what happens when you take a cracker from the crackerside of crackerville, who knows nothing about hip-hop or black folks other than what he learned from CDs, and give him the spotlight.

This dude is clueless. And his label should be ashamed. He gon fuck around and call somebody his "nigga" on TV... and I'ma love it.

:lol::lol::lol: i sense a beatdown in his future.

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
:lol::lol::lol: i sense a beatdown in his future.

:smh: I'm sayin... they are making a national event out of a white kid being introduced to the hood. This shit is playing out like some kid from CT taking the train to see his first rap show in BX. They need to stop marketing this dude to black folks... cuz that shit is gon end in tragedy.

sirwoodz

Rising Star
Registered

:itsawrap:

they gave a prototypical white hip hop fan a record deal, and people are excited. I don't get it.

ClevelandDawg216

***TURBO CITY GLOBAL***
BGOL Investor
:smh: I'm sayin... they are making a national event out of a white kid being introduced to the hood. This shit is playing out like some kid from CT taking the train to see his first rap show in BX. They need to stop marketing this dude to black folks... cuz that shit is gon end in tragedy.

lord, please let him do a show where krs-1 is at, so he can get the pm dawn treatment. :dance:

TheKingofVa

Support BGOL
Registered

:yes:

mal the magnificient

Star
Registered
they had a post that he said on his twitter ive got to go chill with my nappy headed hoes, and he tried to delete it real quick. Dude is a white boy what can you expect, even em had a ****** tape from way back