ASAP Rocky: 'I'm Sorry If It Hurt Any Dark-Skinned Girls' Feelings'

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ASAP Rocky Lipstick Controversy, Rapper Responds To Backlash Over Misguided Beauty Advice
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...esponds_n_3201827.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

r-ASAP-ROCKY-LIPSTICK-CONTROVERSY-large570.jpg

ASAP Rocky has finally addressed the hoopla he created recently, stemming from the (misguided) beauty advice he offered up during an interview with The Coveteur. The Harlem-born rapper suggested that only fair-skinned ladies can get away with wearing red lipstick. Blasphemy!

As you can imagine that comment didn't bode too well with the darker-than-fair crowd and thus a backlash ensued. Rocky attempted to clear up the transgression on Tuesday during an interview with DC radio station 93.9 WKYS FM.

"I'm sorry if it hurt any dark-skinned girls' feelings," Rocky said. However, in the next breath states that he meant what he said at the time. Sounds like a non-apology to us. But you be the judge. Here's more from Rocky's comments:

“Black girls just, ah man, went crazy. They just took it how they took it. This is actually my second time talking about it cause I really don’t really look at it as an issue. If people get upset at that I think it’s petty at the same time. It’s like they damn near wanna Rick Ross boycott me right now, over some lipstick controversy. Black girls, you know how sensitive they are, but they our sisters, man. It is what is man. I come from a black home, so I know how sensitive black women can be. Especially when you talking about they looks or something like that. You can’t say nothing about they glasses, they nails, none of that because then you’re a womanizer or you’re a racist. I don’t know how I’m going to be racist. I have to wake up and look at my black ass in the mirror everyday. It’s like, what are you talking about? But it is what it is, man. I’m proud to be black.”

We don't appreciate the "black girls are sensitive" comment, but we'll take the say-it-loud-I'm-black-and-I'm-proud sentiment.

http://kysdc.com/3009934/asap-rocky-rihanna-booty-dark-skinned-girls-jason-collins/

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
ASAP Rocky Lipstick Controversy, Rapper Responds To Backlash Over Misguided Beauty Advice
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...esponds_n_3201827.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

r-ASAP-ROCKY-LIPSTICK-CONTROVERSY-large570.jpg

ASAP Rocky has finally addressed the hoopla he created recently, stemming from the (misguided) beauty advice he offered up during an interview with The Coveteur. The Harlem-born rapper suggested that only fair-skinned ladies can get away with wearing red lipstick. Blasphemy!

As you can imagine that comment didn't bode too well with the darker-than-fair crowd and thus a backlash ensued. Rocky attempted to clear up the transgression on Tuesday during an interview with DC radio station 93.9 WKYS FM.

"I'm sorry if it hurt any dark-skinned girls' feelings," Rocky said. However, in the next breath states that he meant what he said at the time. Sounds like a non-apology to us. But you be the judge. Here's more from Rocky's comments:

“Black girls just, ah man, went crazy. They just took it how they took it. This is actually my second time talking about it cause I really don’t really look at it as an issue. If people get upset at that I think it’s petty at the same time. It’s like they damn near wanna Rick Ross boycott me right now, over some lipstick controversy. Black girls, you know how sensitive they are, but they our sisters, man. It is what is man. I come from a black home, so I know how sensitive black women can be. Especially when you talking about they looks or something like that. You can’t say nothing about they glasses, they nails, none of that because then you’re a womanizer or you’re a racist. I don’t know how I’m going to be racist. I have to wake up and look at my black ass in the mirror everyday. It’s like, what are you talking about? But it is what it is, man. I’m proud to be black.”

We don't appreciate the "black girls are sensitive" comment, but we'll take the say-it-loud-I'm-black-and-I'm-proud sentiment.

http://kysdc.com/3009934/asap-rocky-rihanna-booty-dark-skinned-girls-jason-collins/

Yeah, he's proud to be Black, he just ain't fuckin' with no "sensitive Black women" is all!:smh:

Dude MUST be a member of BGOL!

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
He didn't mean a word he said.

Correct, if you're talking about his "pseudo-apology", he meant the rest of that stupid paragraph, blaming dark-skinned "sensitive" women for putting him to task about that BS he said!:angry:

Esther

Rising Star
OG Investor
For the men discussing the shade of womens lips and not liking it. :smh: Ya'll know nothing about fashion. Women of all colors can rock a red but they have to find the shade that fits their complexion. My only rule for red lips is that it should only be wore at night at a formal event. It's not to be worn during the day.

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered
I disagree. I see dark-skin Black women all that time who look good with red lipstick

This nigga is no different than that other has-been rapper Yung Berg.

Self-hating retard niggas..

14xid08.jpg

thareezen

Rising Star
Platinum Member
my wife is dark skin and knows i dont like red lipstick on her, so she doesn't wear it...

Esther

Rising Star
OG Investor
All different complexions but Red looks great on all of them:

Jill-Marie-Jones-at-Essence-Black-Women-In-Hollywood-Luncheon.jpg

Lauren-London-at-Essence-Black-Women-In-Hollywood-Luncheon.jpg

tumblr_mjrooiQWnD1rm1wz3o1_1280.png

Last edited:

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
my wife is dark skin and knows i dont like red lipstick on her, so she doesn't wear it...

Right, not really a big deal. I don't like red lipstick, esp on dark skinned women myself. Just like I don't like when women wear those flat gladiator type shoes. I just don't like em.
:dunno:

If dude wasn't so into the white girls trend, maybe it wouldn't be a big deal. But he's on that exclusive white girl shit.​

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
i dont like red lipstick on women. u gotta be a special kind of pretty to pull it off. its not for everyone, no mater what race

c/s.

I've seen beautiful women fuck up with red lipstick.

It's a cultural myth that shit is just auto sexy on any woman.

It's becoming a cultural headache that anyone with a little fame decides to react to every little bullshit trying to make tweet of the week.

Too much about nothing which was already more than I wanted to know.

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All different complexions but Red looks great on all of them:

Jill-Marie-Jones-at-Essence-Black-Women-In-Hollywood-Luncheon.jpg

Lauren-London-at-Essence-Black-Women-In-Hollywood-Luncheon.jpg

tumblr_mjrooiQWnD1rm1wz3o1_1280.png

And they all look slightly less attractive than they do with just their natural (or more natural colored) lip color. Red lipstick really isn't for sistas. Sistas typically have natural attention drawing lips anyway, the red lipstick just isn't needed and doesn't make them look better. It's overrated kinda like how blondes had been overrated.​

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
i don't understand this shit. red lipstick is a staple, every woman should rock it at one point or another.

honestly this is the first time i've ever heard that bs about darkchicks shouldn't. foh.

he oughtta be gettin flamed for giving makeup advice and rocking dresses instead of this shit.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
c/s.

I've seen beautiful women fuck up with red lipstick.

It's a cultural myth that shit is just auto sexy on any woman.

It's becoming a cultural headache that anyone with a little fame decides to react to every little bullshit trying to make tweet of the week.

Too much about nothing which was already more than i wanted to know.

^c/s

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Between looking like a dike, dressing like a ho, and now commenting on womans fashion and makeup like a fucking queen, this nigga is a bitch.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well black women are sensitive. That's for sure. ASAP Rocky a sensitive ass black women too. He's a prime example.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
its interesting that he gets more write ups for anything fashion related than he does for his music.