Anyone else watching the new Showtime series Ray Donovan tonight?

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These people can't seem to get out of their own way. Even when they mean will, they fuck up royally!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For the fam' in Canada ...

https://www.tribute.ca/contests/ray-donovan-season-five-dvd-contest-c4107/?referrer=TRIBUTE

200x95.jpg

580.jpg

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
took me forever to jump back into the season...damn near every scene w/ ray was a flashback w/ his wife...glad her character died...hopefully they leave that bitch out completely next season...no flashbacks...no cemetery visits...don’t even mention her name...shit picked up tho after ep 5/6

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Agreed. I lost my stepmother last year to melanoma. Everything Abby went through on this season reminded me of my stepmother. My father, although much older than Ray will never be the same. Part of him is just waiting for his own time, so he no longer has to be alone.

damn

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
Steve Levy, Actor in ‘Shameless,’ ‘Ray Donovan,’ Dies at 58
By VARIETY STAFF
ye3a94p.jpg

Variety Staff
Follow Us on Twitter@VarietyFOLLOW
Variety's Most Recent Stories
stevenlevy.jpg

Actor and comedian Steven Levy, aka Steve Bean, died Jan. 21 after a battle with cancer. He was 58 years old.

Born in Lynn, Mass. and raised in Providence, R.I, Levy attended Carnegie Mellon University and cut his theatrical teeth performing stand-up at local Pittsburgh area nightclubs. In 1980, Levy teamed up with comic Chris Zito, a duo that became known as Zito and Bean. In Boston, Zito and Bean garnered an enthusiastic following. They became mainstays of the Boston comedy scene and enjoyed a three-year run with their own show at a popular club, Play It Again Sam’s. After about a decade, Levy split from the duo to move to Los Angeles, where he joined the Groundlings Improv Group and wrote for such shows as the “Tim Conway Show” and ABC’s “Dot Comedy.” As an actor he landed roles on such series as “Quantum Leap,” “Murder She Wrote,” “Married with Children” and “Monk,” and the Bobcat Goldthwait comedy “Shakes the Clown.” Most recently, Levy appeared on episodes of “Shameless” and “Ray Donovan.”

In late 2016, Bean was diagnosed with sino-squamous cell carcinoma (nose cancer), one of the rarest forms of cancer. Levy chronicled his subsequent treatment in the essay “My Year Without A Nose” for Mel Magazine.

Levy is survived by his wife, Caroline Carrigan; his son, Jacob Randall Levy; parents, Irwin and Dorothy Levy; sisters, Lauren Levy Brodie and her husband Todd and Jill Levy Sorota; nieces and nephews, Michael Miller, Allison Miller, Lindsey Sorota and Andrew Sorota; and great niece, Amelia Wilcox.

Donations may be made to Cancer Support Community Pasadena at 76 E. Del Mar Blvd. #215, Pasadena, CA 91105.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/obituar...-dies-actor-shameless-ray-donovan-1203130627/

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Showtime Cancels Ray Donovan As Dads Across America Begin the 5 Stages of Grief
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax
Photo: Jeff Neumann/SHOWTIME

04-ray-donovan.w330.h330.jpg

This handsome fixer could easily help you with the bargaining stage, but let’s just go right for acceptance. Showtime has canceled one of its most popular dramas, Ray Donovan, after seven seasons on the network. Variety confirmed the news, which means the emotional cliffhanger at the end of the most recent season, which concluded last month, will effectively serve as the series finale. “We are proud that the series ended amid such strong viewership,” the networked added in a statement, “and on such a powerful note.” The Vulture Festival–approved show, which starred Liev Schreiber, Eddie Marsan, Jon Voight, and, most recently, Susan Sarandon, wound up airing 82 total episodes. You hear that sound? It’s your parents, canceling their Showtime subscription in retaliation.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Showtime Cancels Ray Donovan As Dads Across America Begin the 5 Stages of Grief
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax
Photo: Jeff Neumann/SHOWTIME

04-ray-donovan.w330.h330.jpg

This handsome fixer could easily help you with the bargaining stage, but let’s just go right for acceptance. Showtime has canceled one of its most popular dramas, Ray Donovan, after seven seasons on the network. Variety confirmed the news, which means the emotional cliffhanger at the end of the most recent season, which concluded last month, will effectively serve as the series finale. “We are proud that the series ended amid such strong viewership,” the networked added in a statement, “and on such a powerful note.” The Vulture Festival–approved show, which starred Liev Schreiber, Eddie Marsan, Jon Voight, and, most recently, Susan Sarandon, wound up airing 82 total episodes. You hear that sound? It’s your parents, canceling their Showtime subscription in retaliation.
Damn.... and I was wondering if this was going to be the last season ... :smh:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Man WiTeF!

They revived the show cause the show went to NY.
This is fucked up. One of the higher rated shows.
Makes no sense

Yeah, I'm pissed...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
They bringing my nucca back. People's was pissed.

Ray Donovan will continue shooting for a 'proper ending'... after sudden cancellation caused fan outrage

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ray Donovan will continue shooting for a 'proper ending'... after sudden cancellation caused fan outrage

Thats cool... I wonder what made them initially want to cancel tho..

Must've..been some infighting...

Or some shit

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Or some shit
Damn. I didn't even know they cancelled the show. It was still running good. Mostly everybody still alive. Theres a lot of story left to tell.

If they really wanted to end it, they should've ended it the season Abby died and Ray jumped in the river and just left it at that.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Or some shit
Damn. I didn't even know they cancelled the show. It was still running good. Mostly everybody still alive. Theres a lot of story left to tell.

If they really wanted to end it, they should've ended it the season Abby died and Ray jumped in the river and just left it at that.
They were canceling the show since Cali. The production thought to move to NY for a fresh change and they did revive it for another season after they saw the fans response.

I'm thinking like if they need another revamp then move it to Miami or something.

Like wtf. You got a good show, but they wanna cancel it.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yea just when the bruh rays half bro..

Was growing on me..

Last few episodes he had me rolling...

And Jon voight racist ass...say what you want about the prick..

But his acting is on that level...

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea just when the bruh rays half bro..

Was growing on me..

Last few episodes he had me rolling...

And Jon voight racist ass...say what you want about the prick..

But his acting is on that level...
Yooooooooooooooooo

On the real for real I thought I was the only one :lol:

I hate swear I hate that Trump loving bigot, but damn his ass plays his part in the show. Nobody can replace him that's for sure.

When that bus blew up, I knew they wouldn't let him go out like that.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They were canceling the show since Cali. The production thought to move to NY for a fresh change and they did revive it for another season after they saw the fans response.

I'm thinking like if they need another revamp then move it to Miami or something.

Like wtf. You got a good show, but they wanna cancel it.
Wow I didn't know that. Now that I think about it, they could've cancelled the show back then. It was a perfect lul to the story.

Now that things picked back up especially with the last few episodes, ain't no way they can leave us hanging like that.

The last few episodes alone could drive three more seasons.
  1. Bridget's husband dying and her getting more involved in the family business
  2. Bunchy's Neo Nazi interests
  3. Daryll coming into his own growing further away from being dependent on Mick
  4. Connor coming back from the military
  5. Mickey's inevitable death
  6. The fate of the new FBI chick

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yooooooooooooooooo

On the real for real I thought I was the only one :lol:

I hate swear I hate that Trump loving bigot, but damn his ass plays his part in the show. Nobody can replace him that's for sure.

When that bus blew up, I knew they wouldn't let him go out like that.

Yea he anchors the show... His daughter

Was the only one that seemed kind of forced on the show..

She was a little more tolerable taking on her father's personality..

But everytime I see her face..i think of the 4 Chan frog

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea he anchors the show... His daughter

Was the only one that seemed kind of forced on the show..

She was a little more tolerable taking on her father's personality..

But everytime I see her face..i think of the 4 Chan frog
I feel you. She didn't grow on me until Marvin Gaye Washington. She looks nothing like her real life sister.

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Or some shit
I read a couple of articles that said the show was becoming too expensive to produce, one mentioned high salaries of the cast, but didn't single out which actor/actress.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member

Or some shit
ratings?

the show's story really started to suck..

and everyone is SICK of Mickey... escaped death too many times and is annoying as fuck

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ratings?

the show's story really started to suck..

and everyone is SICK of Mickey... escaped death too many times and is annoying as fuck

I thought it was cool.. the story line was just a sideshow for me.. I like the way shows like ray and billions..

lowkey tells you what goes on behind the scenes...

how politicians use police for their personal power.. and how some of these cops make that extra cash,

and end up with million dollar homes on a cops salary...

sure the drama was over the top...but you have to entertain those that dont know how to read between the lines and catch them low key messages...

billions drops a lot as well, but thats another thread tho..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Ray Donovan’ To Return With Feature-Length Film, Liev Schreiber Back & Will Co-Write Script, With Showrunner David Hollander To Direct
By Peter White
Peter White
Television Editor
@peterzwhiteMore Stories By Peter
February 24, 2021 3:05pm

Jeff Neumann/Showtime
Ray Donovan fans will, after all, get a satisfactory ending to their favorite Showtime series.

The fixer is returning in a feature-length film, which will pick up where season seven left off after its surprise cancellation last year.
Liev Schreiber will return as Donovan and will co-write the script with series showrunner David Hollander, who will direct. Jon Voight will also reprise his role as Mickey Donovan, as will Kerris Dorsey as Ray’s daughter Bridget.

Production is tentatively scheduled to begin later this year in New York.

It comes after Showtime made the surprise decision to end the series in February 2020 with its seventh season. Hollander admitted that the show’s creative team had been blindsided by the decision and Schreiber took to social media to promise that “there will be more Ray Donovan”. The actor has kept his promise.

RELATED STORY
'Shameless': Patrick Sabongui Joins Season 11 Of Showtime Series As Recurring

The film picks up where season seven left off, with Mickey in the wind and Ray determined to find and stop him before he can cause any more carnage. It will also weave together the present-day fallout from the Donovan/Sullivan feud with Ray and Mickey’s origin story from 30 years ago.
Paramount+/ViacomCBS Streaming Event: Deadline’s Complete Coverage

Season seven [SPOILER ALERT] saw Donovan come as close as he’d ever done to things collapsing around him. He had been working to be the man his family needs him to be. While he made progress with Dr. Amiot (Alan Alda), there were dangers from the past that required the Ray Donovan of old. Between NYC Mayor Ed Feratti (Zach Grenier), an unrelenting NYPD officer hunting for the truth and clients old and new, Ray struggled to find the balance between fixing for clients and fixing himself. And when Feratti’s corruption brought a piece of Mickey’s past (Voight) back to New York, Ray was forced to seek answers to long-buried questions. Despite the cliffhanger in the finale, Ray Donovan went full circle with Ray finally avenging his sister’s murder which kicked off the series in the pilot episode.

The Ray Donovan film is executive produced by David Hollander, Liev Schreiber, Mark Gordon, Bryan Zuriff and Lou Fusaro.
“When Ray Donovan went off our air after seven great seasons, we heard from so many of its loyal fans that they were not ready to say goodbye to Ray and the wonderfully dysfunctional Donovan clan,” said Gary Levine, Co-President of Entertainment at Showtime. “And so, for them, we are delighted that Liev and David are creating a thrilling new chapter of this iconic series.”

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Ray Donovan Spinoff Is Heading to Paramount+ 4 Years After the Original Series Wrapped​

Guy Ritchie serves as the spinoff series director, which is set to premiere later this year with 10 episodes
ray-donovan-29018ee9269f4f1b9876a9c1dff12b51.jpg

Liev Schreiber in "Ray Donovan"​

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

Ray Donovan Spinoff Is Heading to Paramount+ 4 Years After the Original Series Wrapped​

Guy Ritchie serves as the spinoff series director, which is set to premiere later this year with 10 episodes
ray-donovan-29018ee9269f4f1b9876a9c1dff12b51.jpg

Liev Schreiber in "Ray Donovan"​
I'm about tired of this spin-off shit.

It's like they have no creativity that they have to have a spin-off once the original show has ended.