Anyone catch Joe Rogan Own Lou DiBella on ESPN??(boxing vs MMA debate)

sitai

Potential Star
Registered
i didn't see no ownage....
boxing will always have its place
joe said that after the stars like hopkins mayweather and dlh there won't be anymore stars!!!!
he must not keep up with boxing because i could name 2 in atleast 3 different divisions

DCphdman

Star
Registered
owned19.jpg

mrjody

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As soon as all the champs in MMA are black, this shit will go away.
Its so popular (among whites) because it gives white kids "tough"
heros to look up to.

First time a nigga kicks someones eyeballs out of their head,
it will go away....

sitai

Potential Star
Registered
thats a terrible image of what owned should be...
he didn't say much its not like ufc is an actual street fight!
can you headbutt some1?
can you kick them in the face when they are on the ground?

thats how the people i grew up with used to fight, actually it was worse

u evea seen hooligans fight?

Sir Good Drank

Potential Star
Registered
how did dude get owned??????? Joe was just louder than everyone else. MMA is cool to watch because of the non stop action but they would get sliced the fuck up with a boxer bare nuckle. There's nothing "technical" about a takedown or a submission. Each failed attempt at either will result in punishing flurries about the head and thorax.

Give it up MMA is just wild ass people going at it for 3 rounds

1quincy

I agree with Joe. There are alot of great fighters out there that all fight well. With different techniques. The man that can use and maneuver his technique more efficiently against the others style will win. The reason it is so popular is because it's a predominately white sport. Trust me there are some Asians, Latinos, and brothers out there that once the sport really catches on the white men will be getting killed because we are bred different. People of color it seems all go through some structure of fighting latinos and blacks we grow up learning how to fight, and Asians have there own structures on physical combat. Trust me eventually the same thing that happened to boxing,basketball,baseball, and football will happen to the UFC more people of color will decide let me get in this shit we'll let the white folk build up the paper and attention and then we'll come steal that shit. :lol: :lol:

showtime

Support BGOL
Registered
how did he get owned?? you serious...DiBella was just talking crazy shit, and to say Joe wasn't a boxing fan was just stupid. Them old boxing heads gettin upset b/c their sport is going downhill. I love boxing myself but it is slipping big time. There are really maybe 1 or 2 marquee fights per year, there are like 900 different champions, Promoters run the sport, corrupt judges, the heavyweight division is a complete joke right now. It used to mean something to be the heavyweight champ of the world, but now there are like 3 and none are American lol.

To those saying MMA's are no skill just dont understand what these guys do, how can you say there is no skill in BJJ or submissions?

Fistakuffz

Chasing Campers Around Camp Crystal Lake
Registered
to me it looked like ESPN is trying to instigate some shit.... if this keeps up i believe we'll see a match up of some sort in the future.......

Tapout

Support BGOL
Registered
Sir Good Drank said:
how did dude get owned??????? Joe was just louder than everyone else. MMA is cool to watch because of the non stop action but they would get sliced the fuck up with a boxer bare nuckle. There's nothing "technical" about a takedown or a submission. Each failed attempt at either will result in punishing flurries about the head and thorax.

If you train then maybe you would know that it actually is technical. How the fuck is a submission not technical? Do you know how to properly apply an armbar from guard while the guy is hitting you? Do you know how to apply a kimura, americana, or triangle choke? I respect everyones opinions but when people speak without knowledge than their "opinion" has no backing.

sludem

Star
Registered
mrjody said:
heros to look up to.

it will go away....
i spit my juice out when i read that kick somones eyeballs out part :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
mrjody said:
heros to look up to.

it will go away....

Well it happened last night when Chuck Liddell got knocked da fuck out by Mr. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson :dance: :dance: :lol:

5ylxs0p.jpg

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
ODUB said:
Well it happened last night when Chuck Liddell got knocked da fuck out by Mr. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson :dance: :dance: :lol:

5ylxs0p.jpg
true,
and they will set-up a rematch where Jackson gets the shit kicked out of him.
mr. jody was right.
the sport is VERY racist,
and the paydays are nowhere as big as they are in boxing.

my lil brother is a MMA fighter,
who also knows Quinton.
UFCs been trying to get him to go pro 3 mos. after he had his first match.
thats bcuz they set-up mismatch fights for the (black) fighters to lose,
so theyre stock ill be too low to market..
thus ending their pro career..
Pride is where the big $$$$ is,
but its only in Japan.
and the UFC doesnt respect it.

peep the vid of my lil bruh gettin down,
fighting a GRACIE trained purple belt

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SM_WSmyIf2o (assist please)

this real reason why they DONT want too many brothas in UFC..

showtime

Support BGOL
Registered
I dont know about that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Rematch if it happens may be next yr but Henderson gets his shot first and they will probably have Chuck fight a couple other fights before a rematch. They are starting to feature some "pride" fighters and that is a good thing.

ClevelandDawg216

***TURBO CITY GLOBAL***
BGOL Investor
mrjody said:
heros to look up to.

it will go away....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: true

ClevelandDawg216

***TURBO CITY GLOBAL***
BGOL Investor
LeftyLuchini said:
true,
mr. jody was right.

who also knows Quinton.
but its only in Japan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: YOUR BROTHER BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA THAT WHITE BOY

WhoaIsMe

Star
Registered
LeftyLuchini said:
true,
mr. jody was right.

who also knows Quinton.
but its only in Japan.

Props on the link and most definitelt on the info, I do believe MMA is very racist (atleast UFC). Where does your brother train? I'm thinking about getting into it either while in college or when I get out (I try to wrestle in college if I get back in shape)..

and I love boxing also, I think having a good boxing background is essential to MMA and the only reason I wouldn't watch it is because of the actual fighters, not the art.

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
WhoaIsMe said:
Props on the link and most definitelt on the info, I do believe MMA is very racist (atleast UFC). Where does your brother train? I'm thinking about getting into it either while in college or when I get out (I try to wrestle in college if I get back in shape)..

and I love boxing also, I think having a good boxing background is essential to MMA and the only reason I wouldn't watch it is because of the actual fighters, not the art.
@ Body Shop in Lakewood, Ca
the same place Quention trains (although no shout out after his win)
he's also training to be on the Olympic Submission Wrestling team (they just added the sport for official competition).

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
ClevelandDawg216 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: YOUR BROTHER BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA THAT WHITE BOY
LOL..
geah, especially wit that bitchslap heard 'round the world..
if u really wanna laugh,
peep the youtube comments (excuses) the greyboy was makin for gettin his ass chucked..
straight cryin like a chilipimps hoe.. :lol:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Sir Good Drank said:

:smh: :smh: :smh:

LeftyLuchini

Star
Registered
ODUB said:
Yo Lefty props to your brother for beating the shit out that white kid...
thanks dog..
its good to see him doin his thang..
i almost lost him a coupla years ago.
he took 5 from a hatin ass rolling 60s crip while sittin at a redlight on crenshaw.
literally right down the street from where they shot the scene when Caine and Harold got jacked in Menace II Society.
lost over 2 oz of blood in the process..
the only thing that kept him alive was him being in athletic shape.

yall cig smokin, henny drinkin, fried chicken eatin naggas
need to eat right and get your ass in the gym..
being in shape can same your life,
in more ways than one.

Notorious P.I.M.P.

Rising Star
Platinum Member
223 million in pay per view revenues who's getting all that money if the fighter don't get paid a lot.

How much do the fighters get paid anyways.

4freedom

Potential Star
Registered
1quincy said:
I agree with Joe. There are alot of great fighters out there that all fight well. With different techniques. The man that can use and maneuver his technique more efficiently against the others style will win. The reason it is so popular is because it's a predominately white sport. Trust me there are some Asians, Latinos, and brothers out there that once the sport really catches on the white men will be getting killed because we are bred different. People of color it seems all go through some structure of fighting latinos and blacks we grow up learning how to fight, and Asians have there own structures on physical combat. Trust me eventually the same thing that happened to boxing,basketball,baseball, and football will happen to the UFC more people of color will decide let me get in this shit we'll let the white folk build up the paper and attention and then we'll come steal that shit. :lol: :lol:
I'm in total agreement. It's predominantly all white boys right now. What will happen is in about 5 years from now more bruthas will start dominating this sport.

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Joe said it.

...and boxing fans are just upset because the only 1-on-1 fighting sport they've grown up with is dying off and to them, its the pure fighting sport because it came first and they don't want to let go of it. In a couple more years boxing will not stand a chance competing against MMA.​

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered
Theo_Huxtable said:
Joe said it.

...and boxing fans are just upset because the only 1-on-1 fighting sport they've grown up with is dying off and to them, its the pure fighting sport because it came first and they don't want to let go of it. In a couple more years boxing will not stand a chance competing against MMA.​
Don't be so sure. Boxing is dying off but that's not because it's an inferior sport overall. Everything surrounding boxing is what's fuckin that sport up, there's too much money in the sport which breeds corruption.

MMA is too raw for it to gain following like boxing did, it's pretty damn boring to see two guys laying on the ground grappling. It's the real version of wrestling without the storylines and characters (which is what made wrestling).

I still agree with Mayweather when he said a boxer would beat a ufc fighter. Look at the Rampage fight for proof. Most of those fights start out as boxing matches, and a trained boxer would light these guys up, because their defense and hand speed is no match.

Another big problem with boxing is that it is too difficult for the casual fan to follow it. They don't play boxing that much on basic cable, and when it is on its on at odd hours and they have guys who have no drawing fighting. All the good big fights are on pay per view, and it's too hard to follow boxers as they progress through the sport. They'll show you a fight and there'll have a guy no one's ever heard of and his record is 28-0, where the fuck did he come from?

Also, the heavyweight division is LAME, and that's because they need to put a cap on the division. Back in the day you had heavyweights who were 220, 230, guys who were athletically fit.

These days they show us a guy like Samuel Peter and have the nerve to compare his power to Tyson, but this dude Peter is a fat guy, with no definition and even less stamina.

It's not fun watching these guys drag their heels, and the real exciting fights take place at lesser weight classes, and the general public isn't interested in two guys at 125 lbs beating each other up.

jackeebleu

Rising Star
Registered
pissy drunk! said:
223 million in pay per view revenues who's getting all that money if the fighter don't get paid a lot.

How much do the fighters get paid anyways.

See this is where ESPN and their "stats" dont show the whole picture. They showed HBO fights as 177MM vs. WWE and UFC's 223MM, the facts quickly become relavent though when you realize that SHOWTIME also does PPV, and many times, Don King and other promoters like Arum, Dibella, etc also do PPV buys completely independently of HBO or SHO.

Also look at the total number of PPV's that UFC and WWE do a year, its damn near once every 60-90 days and then they leave that shit on PPV for a month, whereas boxing is a 1 time buy/presentation.

In the end its like saying that Cody Chestnutt's is more popular than Prince becuase Cody had a PPV concert that ran on PPV for 2 month and made 30 MM, while Prince had a LIVE PPV that ran on the night of the live concert but only did 20 MM in PPV, and 10MM in live gate.

Its fucking with numbers man, plain and simple.

anubis_the_darklord

Star
Registered
wait a fuckin minute!!

Im a fan of both boxing and MMA

and yall need to stop with that martial artist wouldnt stand a chance against a boxer bullshit

thats just insane

Kazoo

Star
Registered
Boxing is killing itself because of its own greed - back in the day ,all the top fights were shown on Wide World of Sports - after they came on PPV

now if you dont shell out 59.95 you dont get to see it , the UFC uses Spike TV too introduce their fighters to the general public

Boxing doesnt have anything like that - when they do show a top-flight fighter on ESPN or FOX ,they match them against sub-par competition

The UFC also has a reality show - Ultimate fighter

Boxing needs to take notes from the UFC on how to market their sport

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nobody said:
Don't be so sure. Boxing is dying off but that's not because it's an inferior sport overall. Everything surrounding boxing is what's fuckin that sport up, there's too much money in the sport which breeds corruption.

MMA is too raw for it to gain following like boxing did, it's pretty damn boring to see two guys laying on the ground grappling. It's the real version of wrestling without the storylines and characters (which is what made wrestling).

I still agree with Mayweather when he said a boxer would beat a ufc fighter. Look at the Rampage fight for proof. Most of those fights start out as boxing matches, and a trained boxer would light these guys up, because their defense and hand speed is no match.

Another big problem with boxing is that it is too difficult for the casual fan to follow it. They don't play boxing that much on basic cable, and when it is on its on at odd hours and they have guys who have no drawing fighting. All the good big fights are on pay per view, and it's too hard to follow boxers as they progress through the sport. They'll show you a fight and there'll have a guy no one's ever heard of and his record is 28-0, where the fuck did he come from?

Also, the heavyweight division is LAME, and that's because they need to put a cap on the division. Back in the day you had heavyweights who were 220, 230, guys who were athletically fit.

These days they show us a guy like Samuel Peter and have the nerve to compare his power to Tyson, but this dude Peter is a fat guy, with no definition and even less stamina.

It's not fun watching these guys drag their heels, and the real exciting fights take place at lesser weight classes, and the general public isn't interested in two guys at 125 lbs beating each other up.

You could've seen all of last nights pay per view if you think its just a bunch of guys wrestling and rolling on the ground (a lot of great stand up & KO's last night).

A lot of boxers & boxing fans that think a boxer can just come in a take out an MMA fighter on MMA grounds just doesn't seem to understand the defensive side of fighting...a boxer won't have a clue on how to defend a ground fighter or leg kicks while an MMA fighter knows how to defend everything and attack with everything. Thats what kept Liddel alive in the MMA, his ablity to escape and avoid take downs, not just his hands.

Plus these boxers aren't gonna have a perfect stance & form once they get in a MMA match were they have to focus on more than just a punch coming towards they're head or torso.

Once MMA really starts banking, which is just in a matter of time, they will also start taking a lot fighters that would've gone into boxing going MMA because they'll be able to give them more money, which is gonna hurt more than anything.

All and all...the MMA is the closest thing people can get to a true to life street fight, which is what a good major of males love to see. Boxing only delivers a fraction of the chaos we love for some reason. But the greedy side of boxing has definitely played its part, I agree on that. Meanwhile MMA (UFC) is making all the right corporate moves (reality shows, matches on cable tv, etc.)

...and y'all ninjas better not Colin Powell me...
:cool:

anubis_the_darklord

Star
Registered
Theo_Huxtable said:
You could've seen all of last nights pay per view if you think its just a bunch of guys wrestling and rolling on the ground (a lot of great stand up & KO's last night).

A lot of boxers & boxing fans that think a boxer can just come in a take out an MMA fighter on MMA grounds just doesn't seem to understand the defensive side of fighting...a boxer won't have a clue on how to defend a ground fighter or leg kicks while an MMA fighter knows how to defend everything and attack with everything. Thats what kept Liddel alive in the MMA, his ablity to escape and avoid take downs, not just his hands.

Plus these boxers aren't gonna have a perfect stance & form once they get in a MMA match were they have to focus on more than just a punch coming towards they're head or torso.

Once MMA really starts banking, which is just in a matter of time, they will also start taking a lot fighters that would've gone into boxing going MMA because they'll be able to give them more money, which is gonna hurt more than anything.

All and all...the MMA is the closest thing people can get to a true to life street fight, which is what a good major of males love to see. Boxing only delivers a fraction of the chaos we love for some reason. But the greedy side of boxing has definitely played its part, I agree on that. Meanwhile MMA (UFC) is making all the right corporate moves (reality shows, matches on cable tv, etc.)

...and y'all ninjas better not Colin Powell me...
:cool:

this man speaks truth :dance: