Any Drone pilots on the board that took the Part 107??

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did you pass the first try?? Was it hard? I'm studying for mine now. Hopefully, I'll be ready to take it next week. Just picked up the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo and I love this thing. Once I get better and more flight time I'll upgrade to one DJI Air 2S or the one of the Autel EVO.

71wfsfmD-UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
Did you pass the first try?? Was it hard? I'm studying for mine now. Hopefully, I'll be ready to take it next week. Just picked up the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo and I love this thing. Once I get better and more flight time I'll upgrade to one DJI Air 2S or the one of the Autel EVO.

71wfsfmD-UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Bump

Can you hit up a lil more info. Not sure what you speak of but I’m interested.

I have a drone w a dead battery and the battery was so expensive that I shelved it.

What is the test and what are your plans.

Thnx in advance.

Carry on……

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah passed first try, BUT my father is also a flight instructor & I've known how to read maps, weather etc since I was a kid. I'm apart of a group on fb & a bunch of the guys in the group have taken & passed most on their first try.

Don't know if this will help you or not:

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bump

Can you hit up a lil more info. Not sure what you speak of but I’m interested.

I have a drone w a dead battery and the battery was so expensive that I shelved it.

What is the test and what are your plans.

Thnx in advance.

Carry on……
If you fly a drone that weighs more than 249g or to enhance a business or make money or post on YouTube you have to have a FAA part 107 unmanned aircraft license.

Now you even have to take a TRUST exam for recreational flying.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
That shit is rather difficult from
what I understand. Its a lot to it.
That Mini might not be worth
the hastle also.

I wanted to take it a few years
ago to make money off my
drones commercially.

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That shit is rather difficult from
what I understand. Its a lot to it.
That Mini might not be worth
the hastle also.

I wanted to take it a few years
ago to make money off my
drones commercially.

The Mini 2 is great for learning the different maneuvers and practice video editing.

Passed my Part 107 on the first try wasn't that hard. Learn how to read the sectional chart and you're good.

Print the study guide and follow this tutorial you'll be good.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Does anyone know where I could get the answers on the net?
Specifically UAS 107 answer key.

This is for my friend who requested it.

batmanobx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a Mavic Air, I fly more since COVID. About to start studying for 107, so I can be legal, charge more, I've made enough money to pay for the hobby, can;tt justify purchasing an Air 3

Jumbodicc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My shit flew away from me, I was crushed. Put the warranty they sent another one I ain't fly it in over a year.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol how does it fly away from you? Shit sounds tragic

Compass interference is a major cause of it, loss of signal between the remote & drone & also not turning on return to home.

A bunch of guys in our group were out flying over the Mallows bay ghost fleet in Southern Md. A guys had one of the bebop drones & those things have a habit of losing signal when flying around other drones especially Mavics for some reason, dudes drone disappeared over the water after flying off. We just thought his shit has crashed, I was also doing some shooting & I had my 400mm 2.8 on my camera so I was looking around the horizon to see if I could see anything. Well about 15 mins later the drone comes back, he grabs his laptop out of the car & we look at the footage. His drone had flown out & then dropped down to about 2 feet or less over the water and was just hoovering.

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I bet a lot of folks don't even know about that..lol I have my 107, so I wasn't even checking for it..lol I see a bunch of new guys joining our group who just got drones, I need to post this in the group for those guys.

Where have you been flying yours? I'm struggling to find some good spots around Birmingham that aren't in the Airport 5 mile zone.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where have you been flying yours? I'm struggling to find some good spots around Birmingham that aren't in the Airport 5 mile zone.

I split time between DC/MD & Pa.. In the DC area I have to go out to the MD suburbs or VA, up here in Pa the only issue I have is the occasional helicopter going to the hospital up the street. One of my lady's friends used to own a house in the Poconos and she'd let us use it whenever we wanted, so I fly up there.

Since the pandemic hit I haven't flown as much, at my last job I flew a lot because we sold drones for awhile & we also used them to film stuff for ad purposes. I was one of 2 folks who could handle an Inspire.