Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's rare for a person I've never met's death has affected me. But this is a tough one to accept.

Berserk truly changed the way I watched & digested anime. I played the Dreamcast game before watching the anime or reading the manga.

And I was instantly taken to a world with rich characters & beautiful artwork.

This was some sad news. Honest thoughts & prayers to his friends & family.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

Miura was born on July 11, 1966 in Chiba prefecture. He made his professional manga debut with the "Futatabi…" (Once More…) story in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine in 1985.
Miura then published the one-shot version of the Berserk manga in Hakusensha's Monthly Comicomi magazine in 1988. He launched the full Berserk manga series in Hakusensha's Monthly Animal House magazine in 1989, and the series continued in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine until now. It has over 40 million copies in circulation.
The Berserk manga follows Guts, a superhumanly strong warrior who wields a large sword, as he wanders a dark medieval world filled with demons, corrupt and decadent nobles, and other horrors. Every night, he is assailed by demons, attracted to the curse branded on him after a traumatic event. He makes his way through the world on a quest to slay a former friend turned demon, who took everything away from him.
Hakusensha published the manga's 40th volume in Japan on September 28, 2018. Dark Horse Comics published the same volume in North America in October 8, 2019.
The manga inspired a television anime series in 1997, as well as an anime film trilogy from 2012 to 2013. Another television anime series premiered in Japan in July 2016, and the second half of the new series premiered on April 2017.
Miura drew the King of Wolves (Oh-Roh) manga with famed Fist of the North Star writer Buronson in 1989. The story continued with Oh-Roh Den (Legend of the King of Wolves) in 1990. Miura and Buronson collaborated again on the Japan manga in 1992. Miura launched the Giganto Maxia mini-series in Young Animal in 2013. More recently, he created and produced the Duranki manga with his Studio Gaga in the inaugural issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal Zero magazine in September 2019

RIP and thank you for the memories.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Miura was born on July 11, 1966 in Chiba prefecture. He made his professional manga debut with the "Futatabi…" (Once More…) story in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine in 1985.
Miura then published the one-shot version of the Berserk manga in Hakusensha's Monthly Comicomi magazine in 1988. He launched the full Berserk manga series in Hakusensha's Monthly Animal House magazine in 1989, and the series continued in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine until now. It has over 40 million copies in circulation.
The Berserk manga follows Guts, a superhumanly strong warrior who wields a large sword, as he wanders a dark medieval world filled with demons, corrupt and decadent nobles, and other horrors. Every night, he is assailed by demons, attracted to the curse branded on him after a traumatic event. He makes his way through the world on a quest to slay a former friend turned demon, who took everything away from him.
Hakusensha published the manga's 40th volume in Japan on September 28, 2018. Dark Horse Comics published the same volume in North America in October 8, 2019.
The manga inspired a television anime series in 1997, as well as an anime film trilogy from 2012 to 2013. Another television anime series premiered in Japan in July 2016, and the second half of the new series premiered on April 2017.
Miura drew the King of Wolves (Oh-Roh) manga with famed Fist of the North Star writer Buronson in 1989. The story continued with Oh-Roh Den (Legend of the King of Wolves) in 1990. Miura and Buronson collaborated again on the Japan manga in 1992. Miura launched the Giganto Maxia mini-series in Young Animal in 2013. More recently, he created and produced the Duranki manga with his Studio Gaga in the inaugural issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal Zero magazine in September 2019

I don't see how they're going to finish the manga unless he had a bunch of notes and they're going to get someone to finish it...Even,then I don't see how someone come in to finish it,especially how rabid the fanbase is....

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't see how they're going to finish the manga unless he had a bunch of notes and they're going to get someone to finish it...Even,then I don't see how someone come in to finish it,especially how rabid the fanbase is....

It's over. His art style is too bold and detailed. His storytelling is unique.

I can't imagine the amount of notes needed for the story to have a satisfactory ending for the fans without him writing it.

The story appeared at least 10 years from conclusion. And that's if he took no breaks. Which he did.

I mean the story has been ongoing since 1989 & the main protagonist and antagonist haven't seen each other since the Golden Age Arc.

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
From the New World
Introduction

Following a sudden outbreak of psychokinesis in 0.1% of the population, a rapid transformation swept the world. The godlike ability to manipulate matter remotely turned many power wielders to violence, inciting a long period of upheaval. Finally, after a chaotic era shaped by the rise and fall of oppressive regimes, the psychic humans were able to achieve a fragile peace by isolating their society, creating a new world bound by complex rules. In the town of Kamisu 66, 12-year-old Saki Watanabe has just awakened to her powers and is relieved to rejoin her friends—the mischievous Satoru Asahina, the shy Mamoru Itou, the cheerful Maria Akizuki, and Shun Aonuma, a mysterious boy whom Saki admires—at Sage Academy, a special school for psychics. However, unease looms as Saki begins to question the fate of those unable to awaken to their powers, and the children begin to get involved with secretive matters such as the rumored Tainted Cats said to abduct children. Shinsekai yori tells the unique coming-of-age story of Saki and her friends as they journey to grow into their roles in the supposed utopia. Accepting these roles, however, might not come easy when faced with the dark and shocking truths of society, and the impending havoc born from the new world. [Written by MAL Rewrite]
Title: Shinsekai yori
English: From the New World
Synonyms: Shin Sekai yori
Japanese: 新世界より
Type: Tv
Total: 25
Aired: Sep 29, 2012 to Mar 23, 2013
Premiered: Fall 2012
Genres: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Supernatural
Duration: 22 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
Episodes

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
It's over. His art style is too bold and detailed. His storytelling is unique.

I can't imagine the amount of notes needed for the story to have a satisfactory ending for the fans without him writing it.

The story appeared at least 10 years from conclusion. And that's if he took no breaks. Which he did.

I mean the story has been ongoing since 1989 & the main protagonist and antagonist haven't seen each other since the Golden Age Arc.

Ive been reading the manga might be continuing...
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

I need to read the manga though..

Africanama

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

The creator of One Piece better take heed and acknowledge that the same can happen to his work.

jerrynuevo

Day 1 member
BGOL Investor
From the New World
Introduction

Following a sudden outbreak of psychokinesis in 0.1% of the population, a rapid transformation swept the world. The godlike ability to manipulate matter remotely turned many power wielders to violence, inciting a long period of upheaval. Finally, after a chaotic era shaped by the rise and fall of oppressive regimes, the psychic humans were able to achieve a fragile peace by isolating their society, creating a new world bound by complex rules. In the town of Kamisu 66, 12-year-old Saki Watanabe has just awakened to her powers and is relieved to rejoin her friends—the mischievous Satoru Asahina, the shy Mamoru Itou, the cheerful Maria Akizuki, and Shun Aonuma, a mysterious boy whom Saki admires—at Sage Academy, a special school for psychics. However, unease looms as Saki begins to question the fate of those unable to awaken to their powers, and the children begin to get involved with secretive matters such as the rumored Tainted Cats said to abduct children. Shinsekai yori tells the unique coming-of-age story of Saki and her friends as they journey to grow into their roles in the supposed utopia. Accepting these roles, however, might not come easy when faced with the dark and shocking truths of society, and the impending havoc born from the new world. [Written by MAL Rewrite]
Title: Shinsekai yori
English: From the New World
Synonyms: Shin Sekai yori
Japanese: 新世界より
Total: 25
Aired: Sep 29, 2012 to Mar 23, 2013
Genres: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Supernatural
Duration: 22 min. per ep.
Episodes
Didn't care for this anime

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
K (K-Project)
Introduction

"Kings" are individuals who have been bestowed with incredible supernatural powers and granted the ability to recruit others into their clans. Protecting the lives and honor of their clansmen is an integral part of the Kings' duties. After a video depicting the heinous murder of a Red Clansman spreads virally, the unassuming student Yashiro Isana is accused of homicide. Now, a manhunt is underway for his head, bringing him into contact with the infamous "Black Dog" Kurou Yatogami—a skilled swordsman and martial artist determined to follow the wishes of his late master, the Seventh King. Meanwhile, the current Red King, Mikoto Suou, faces his own imminent demise as the search for Yashiro narrows. But during Yashiro's struggle to prove his innocence, a greater conspiracy is unraveling behind the scenes; clouds begin to appear in his memory, and close friends start to question his very existence. What began as a simple murder is now leading towards a full blown war between Kings with the very fate of the world at stake. [Written by MAL Rewrite]
Title: K (K-Project)
English: K (K-Project)
Synonyms: K-Project, K -eine weitere Geschichte-
Japanese: K (K-Project)
Total: 13
Aired: Oct 5, 2012 to Dec 28, 2012
Genres: Action, Super Power, Supernatural
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older
Episodes
good shit
not the dark stuff i've been watching lately

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
not watched yet
K: Return of Kings
Introduction ########this the third one to watch########

Tensions are running high among the clans as the Green King begins making moves that threaten to drive the world into pandemonium. Following the death of the Gold King, the safety of the Dresden Slate, the source of power of the Kings, is under threat. Nagare Hisui, the sly and mysterious leader of the Green Clan Jungle, is determined to procure the powerful Slate by any means possible. Standing directly in his way is Sceptre 4, the Blue Clan, headed by their unyielding King, Reisi Munakata. However, the grim sight of his crumbling Sword of Damocles leaves the stability of his clan and all of Japan in jeopardy. Meanwhile, still recovering from their tragic losses, Anna Kushina and her aggressive clan HOMRA find themselves caught up in the Green King’s games. Amidst the chaos, Kurou Yatogami and Neko are left vulnerable while their beloved friend, Yashiro Isana, the Silver King, remains missing. K: Return of Kings tells the struggle of the remaining clans against the Green King’s formidable forces as one final king appears. [Written by MAL Rewrite]
Title: K: Return of Kings
English: K: Return of Kings
Synonyms: K-Project Sequel, K 2nd Season
Japanese: K RETURN OF KINGS
Total: 13
Aired: Oct 3, 2015 to Dec 26, 2015
Premiered: Fall 2015
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Episodes

Last edited:

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
K: Missing Kings
Introduction##########
this is the second one to watch########
It's been a year since the disappearance of Shiro, the Silver King; Kurou Yatogami and Neko have been diligent in their search, but to no end. Their investigation leads to a run-in with members of the now disbanded Red Clan HOMRA—Rikio Kamamoto and Anna Kushina—being pursued by the Green Clan, who desire Anna's powers for their own ends. Now, the members of Scepter 4 are called upon alongside Kurou and Neko in order to rescue Anna, the mascot, and only female member of the ruined Red Clan, from the enemy's clutches and hopefully find Shiro using the young girl's powers. Amidst crisis, the group is forced into a power struggle when the Green Clan threatens to overtake the Gold King's domain. The second step in the K Project series, K: Missing Kings, continues the story of a young boy caught up in a psychic war between seven kings, and showcases each character's struggles after the losses of their respective Kings. [Written by MAL Rewrite]
Title: K: Missing Kings
English: K: Missing Kings
Synonyms: K (Movie), K-Project Movie, K-Project Sequel
Japanese: K MISSING KINGS
Type: Movie
Total: 1
Aired: Jul 12, 2014
Duration: 1 hr. 13 min.
Episodes

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I don't doubt they'd continue the manga.

My thoughts was just anything they produce wouldn't be the same.

So to me it's over. I would have enjoyed to read the true end to Guts' story though.

Hopefully,whoever brings it back follow his notes....With that said,I don't see it happening...

The creator of One Piece better take heed and acknowledge that the same can happen to his work.

Oda said he wants to end it by 2023 or 2024...I stopped reading the manga around 2015. Now,Im trying to play catch up in the anime and manga....lol

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Introduction

Driven to recover her memories after waking in a coffin at the bottom of a lake 20 years ago, Bayonetta hunts down the forces of Heaven day and night in search of clues to her forgotten past, and to uphold her pact with the demonic forces she draws her powers from as an Umbra Witch. She is armed and guided by the mysterious bartender and weapon-smith, Rodin, and following her every footstep is the intrepid journalist, Luka Redgrave, who believes that she has something to do with the death of his father and will stop at nothing to get the truth. Her quest takes a promising turn when she encounters a little girl named Cereza, but standing in her way is a rival Umbra Witch named Jeanne, who works for the very forces that she should be opposing. Bayonetta: Bloody Fate is an action-packed anime film that explores the connection between all of characters and works to unravel just how they are seemingly entwined in a conspiracy that eclipses them all.
Title: Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
English: Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Synonyms: BAYONETTA BLOODYFATE
Japanese: ベヨネッタ ブラッディフェイト
Type: Movie
Total: 1
Aired: Nov 23, 2013
Genres: Action, Demons, Fantasy, Super Power
Duration: 1 hr. 29 min.
Episodes