Amy Klobachar's VP hopes is about to run into a brick wall.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As Chief Prosecutor, Klobuchar Declined to Bring Charges Against Cop that Killed George Floyd

While serving as Minnesota’s chief prosecutor between 1999 and 2007, Klobuchar declined to bring charges against more than two dozen officers who had killed citizens while on duty – including against the cop that killed George Floyd.

The latest example of America’s racist police brutality problem was caught on camera in Minneapolis Monday, as Officer Derek Chauvin knelt on 46-year-old African-American George Floyd’s neck for over seven minutes until he passed out and died. In its headline on its website, Minneapolis police described the event as “man dies after medical incident during police interaction,” laundering themselves of any responsibility. Chauvin continued his assault even as Floyd desperately pleaded that he could not breathe, while bystanders protested his brutality. “You’re fucking stopping his breathing there, bro,” warned one concerned passer-by. Even after passing out, Chauvin did not release pressure on his neck. Chauvin has killed multiple times before while in uniform, has shot and woundedothers and is well-known to local activist groups.
A history of racist policing, thanks to Klobuchar

Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar, who Joe Biden recently asked to undergo vetting to be his running mate for November, issued a very tepid statement about the incident, describing the police killing of an unarmed black man over an alleged forged check as merely an “officer involved shooting,” – a copaganda word often used by police as a euphemism for “murder.”

Klobuchar also called for a “complete and thorough outside investigation into what occurred, and those involved in this incident must be held accountable.” However, this is unlikely to occur, in no small part because of Klobuchar herself and the precedent she set while serving as the state’s chief prosecutor between 1999 and 2007. In that time, she declined to bring charges against more than two dozen officers who had killed citizens while on duty – including against Chauvin himself, who shot and killed Wayne Reyes in 2006 and would later go on to shoot more civilians while in uniform.

At the same time, however, Klobuchar was ramping up the number of arrests as part of her tough-on-crime agenda, something which inordinately affected people of color. In her first year in office alone, the prison sentences for first-degree drug crimes doubled. Activists allege her embracing of the broken window-style policing was a deliberate strategy to win support in the white suburbs of Minneapolis, to the detriment of the city’s non-white communities, bolstering her successful run for senate in 2006. A case in point is Elsayed Salim, who was convicted of failing to declare a secondary income that put him above the threshold for welfare and food stamps. A judge sentenced Salim to 364 days in jail – deliberately attempting to protect him from deportation by keeping his sentencing under a year which downgraded the case from a felony to a gross misdemeanor. An outraged Klobuchar appealed the decision, lobbying for an upgrade and condemning the state’s judges for “letting offenders off the hook too easily.” Mr. Salim was subsequently deported.

While it may not be the first city that comes to mind, data shows that Minneapolis is among the most racist cities in the United States for racial profiling and police stops. The police force’s own data shows that, while black people make up only 18 percent of the population, they were involved in nearly half of all police stops. Conversely, whites make up 60 percent of the population but figured in less than 21 percent of the stops. 62 percent of body searches and 63 percent of people whose cars were searched were also black. Thus, Floyd’s killing is merely a viral example of a wider phenomenon, a spark that ignited a powder keg of resentment that had been building for some time.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Well it looks like it’s not going to be a black women. I keep hearing them talk about Warren. (Mainstream Media)

If he picks Warren. Trump will win. it will be a landslide defeat for Joe Biden. Warren looks like a goofy school teacher.

Also it will piss off blacks about not having a black women. But I know blacks people too well. They will find a excuse and give Joe Biden a Pass.

If I was Joe Biden. I would drop the women card and just pick Cuomo. Your almost guaranteed to win.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Biden....is a dummy for committing to a woman VP. All the Dems in this country and this old clown is the best hope against Trump smh.
In retrospect yes, but at the time, Benny Sanders was giving him fits, and so he made a pitch for the female vote. I thought the play was dumb, but if gets women to vote for him? White men by themselves cannot elect Trump. There is some speculation that Klobuchar might have struck a deal to get out of the race, in much the same Buttgieg did, to help Biden consolidate the middle, in return for being named as VP.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
In retrospect yes, but at the time, Benny Sanders was giving him fits, and so he made a pitch for the female vote. I thought the play was dumb, but if gets women to vote for him? White men by themselves cannot elect Trump. There is some speculation that Klobuchar might have struck a deal to get out of the race, in much the same Buttgieg did, to help Biden consolidate the middle, in return for being named as VP.

But white women have shown that they’re prone to vote GOP as well.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really thought Klobuchar was gonna be his VP pick. Not anymore. Doubt he'd be so foolish to still pick her after knowing she declined to prosecute the piece of shit that murdered George Floyd and another black man. If he does he can kiss away a whole lot of black votes. :hmm:

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This is the very reason black folks were saying to Biden, wtf are you doing? That bitch shouldn't have been vetted at all.
But you acting like black folks vetted Biden. This bitch Amy just operated within a system that Joe also helped to sustain. :smh:

Best fucking believe if this chick were already picked as VP her issues would be getting downplayed and the 'better than Trump/Pence' talking points would take center stage. All the prominent sellouts would be doing the CNN/MNBCS circuit and circling the wagons for Amy.

Just an issue of timing here. Funny how that works.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I really thought Klobuchar was gonna be his VP pick. Not anymore. Doubt he'd be so foolish to still pick her after knowing she declined to prosecute the piece of shit that murdered George Floyd and another black and. If he does he can kiss away a whole lot of black votes. :hmm:
There isn’t a single AG or even district attorney that has the guts to go after cops.

Lattimore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really thought Klobuchar was gonna be his VP pick. Not anymore. Doubt he'd be so foolish to still pick her after knowing she declined to prosecute the piece of shit that murdered George Floyd and another black and. If he does he can kiss away a whole lot of black votes. :hmm:

Who else did this cop murder and what were the circumstances? Picking Klobuchar would've resulted in more than a few black people opting to let Rome burn. Picking her now would be a gift to the GOP. Biden either takes the woman VP off the table or he picks Warren (perhaps governor of Michigan). Not a lot of options out there... and Biden is weak so he needs someone people have faith in.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Who else did this cop murder and what were the circumstances? Picking Klobuchar would've resulted in more than a few black people opting to let Rome burn. Picking her now would be a gift to the GOP. Biden either takes the woman VP off the table or he picks Warren (perhaps governor of Michigan). Not a lot of options out there... and Biden is weak so he needs someone people have faith in.

Democrats don’t seem to learn from the last election. If he picks a women especially if she is boring and lacks charisma. It’s a gift to the GOP. Trump will win.

Especially after Covid-19 and we have enemy’s like China and Russia. If you think Putin will be scared of a Elizabeth Warren or even a weak dude like Joe Biden. Your crazy.

The American Voters do not respect weakness.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
P5dnvQ4l.jpg

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
I also think the commitment to a woman was a bad move. In the current situation, Yang might have made the most sense. But since Biden did make that commitment, I was thinking he might land on the MI gov. But, now that she's become a symbol to the Trump crowd, picking her would do more to rally Trump's base than the Dem base. I was never with Harris because of her record. I think she can do more good in the Senate. Warren seems like the best pick, I just don't think she can coexist with Biden. If she joins his ticket and softens on her approach on policies, she loses credibility with the left. It's gonna be an interesting pick and Biden will almost definitely get it wrong.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Democrats don’t seem to learn from the last election. If he picks a women especially if she is boring and lacks charisma. It’s a gift to the GOP. Trump will win.

Especially after Covid-19 and we have enemy’s like China and Russia. If you think Putin will be scared of a Elizabeth Warren or even a weak dude like Joe Biden. Your crazy.

The American Voters do not respect weakness.

We know you lean right and are a Trump supporter and it's true American voters do not respect weakness. But who does? Fortunately the MAJORITY of American voters respect decency, competency and above all honesty and because your candidate lacks all three he is in serious trouble and will not be re-elected. :hmm:

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
We know you lean right and are a Trump supporter and it's true American voters do not respect weakness. But who does? Fortunately the MAJORITY of American voters respect decency, competency and above all honesty and because your candidate lacks all three he is in serious trouble. :hmm:

I don’t lean right. I’m totally independent. Just because I’m not 100% orange man bad and Donald trump is evil. Does not make me a trump supporter.

If your a Democrat you think trump is evil. If your a republican you think Obama is evil.

People think Trump is evil because of his immigrant policies. Not knowing that illegal immigration use to be a democrat talking point. Bill Clinton and Obama deported more illegals then any president in history.

Just like the republicans. During the Obama years. They bitch about the deficit and debt not knowing that trump has spend more money and run up more debt then Obama. Plus the tax cut they passed never trickle down on paying the debt.

But Republicans are Ok with it because there Team is in power and in the White House.

Van Allen

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kamala has MORE refusals to prosecute than Klobachar :confused:
My pick is Val Demings
I Like Val. Just don't think she helps with a 78 year old President. Voters will look more than ever at..."Can I see her as President?" I can, maybe you can, but her lack of experience on a national stage would hinder her. BUT, she DID do well at impeachment. :yes: Her and Rice for me

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
None of those southern States will ever vote for a president with a women on the ticket.
They will vote for another brother before they put a woman in office.
Democrats still haven't learned from the Hillary mistake.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There isn’t a single AG or even district attorney that has the guts to go after cops.
home girl from St. Louis, MO. is at least trying to buck the odds. We will see how it goes after she's been in for awhile (assuming she doesn't get voted out next time around).

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
None of those southern States will ever vote for a president with a women on the ticket.
They will vote for another brother before they put a woman in office.
Democrats still haven't learned from the Hillary mistake.

The first women president will be a conservative. Most of the south do not trust Liberal women especially feminist like Elizabeth Warren.