Tech Biz: Amazon delivery driver quits mid-shift, abandons truck and packages

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
uh quit like normal people do. yall saying good for him but the manner he left that job wont help his future. you can always leave if you dont like it. get your skills up for something better. immigrants will gladly do it. attention whoring to social media was not a good look and makes work ethic look questionable.

This. Why all the drama for riding around delivering folks shit that YOU agreed to do? $15 is actually decent in most places but my dude, you act like they forced you! Nobody forced you to work as a driver! People like you making our deliveries late you onionhead bastard!

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I don't know if Amazon does this but they should offering some sort of incentives after a certain amount of packages are delivered.

naw man fuck him! Don’t take his side! It’s kids like him think the world owe them something out the gate! You not educated or highly skilled then put in work and time to change it. Fuck him! I’d rather the post office and ups get it before he do !

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Hole up... This a gem right here. Fuck 22 year old youngster. Chop it up about the logistics hustle. I was messing with a female that was banking in logistics before she could drive. Do tell.

It's been posted on here a couple years ago.
Not hard to read up on.
Look into it

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
naw man fuck him! Don’t take his side! It’s kids like him think the world owe them something out the gate! You not educated or highly skilled then put in work and time to change it. Fuck him! I’d rather the post office and ups get it before he do !
In no way is my post an excuse for this dude. It's a smart thing to do, to offer incentives for extra work.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yous one pocket watching muthafucka.

Man he 22. Working hourly. Stop bitching and get money. Nigga tapped out after 5 months of driving a air conditioned truck!? And quit on social media by abandoning hard working people's property!? That's ho shit man.

He missed his sister party.. He sound like a bitch. He bout to see how hard it is to make that 15hr and 23hr overtime in Michigan at 22 with no degree.

Nigga soft as bird shit..aint he brah?

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st having driven for Fedex the number of packages doesn't mean shit its how many stops you have to make. Not mention I made less than 15 an hr.

30-40 Stops 1 package each is that bullshit. But 20-25 stops with 5-10 packages each isn't a bad route.

At UPS and FedEx you have people unloading 18 wheelers then load 20+ trucks then unload 20+ trucks and load up 18 wheelers 5 days a week. For $20 an hour or less.

Stop fucking whining. Motherfuckers these days can't do fries and run a register at the same time without bitching.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
In no way is my post an excuse for this dude. It's a smart thing to do, to offer incentives for extra work.

I know but he needs to organize tre other drivers and get them on board. Why all the social media bullshit just cause he quit? I’m like other dude who said he checked out at lunch time. I had a job like a laborer just picking up hunks if scrap iron pieces. None less than 50lbs. I did that shit for three days and checked out at lunch time on that fourth day. Old heads was like yeah, we all started out doing that. I asked how long it took to move up he said about 5 years. Sheeeid ! Bitch, not me! Was out and go another job as a janitor in a cool air conditioned building. Literally did nothing except dump trash bags.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st having driven for Fedex the number of packages doesn't mean shit its how many stops you have to make. Not mention I made less than 15 an hr.

30-40 Stops 1 package each is that bullshit. But 20-25 stops with 5-10 packages each isn't a bad route.

At UPS and FedEx you have people unloading 18 wheelers then load 20+ trucks then unload 20+ trucks and load up 18 wheelers 5 days a week. For $20 an hour or less.

Stop fucking whining. Motherfuckers these days can't do fries and run a register at the same time without bitching.

I got a hunnid partners at ups and fed ex..and yes they get elbowed the fuck out of.. and they ain't quitting...never seen a grown MAYNE..cry bout a honest days work.. Kinsfolk

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I know but he needs to organize tre other drivers and get them on board. Why all the social media bullshit just cause he quit? I’m like other dude who said he checked out at lunch time. I had a job like a laborer just picking up hunks if scrap iron pieces. None less than 50lbs. I did that shit for three days and checked out at lunch time on that fourth day. Old heads was like yeah, we all started out doing that. I asked how long it took to move up he said about 5 years. Sheeeid ! Bitch, not me! Was out and go another job as a janitor in a cool air conditioned building. Literally did nothing except dump trash bags.
Again my post was not an excuse for him and it wasn't even about him.
I've worked jobs that offered such incentives. There were those who passed on doing more (and they didn't have to) and there were others who gladly took on the extra work and the extra money.
At 22 you should be taking all the cash you can get. The problem is people think they're misssing something.

Last edited:

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Softer than drug store cotton! Years ago the wises person I ever met told me let people know you by your reputation as a hard worker. If you a shitty lazy mf I guarantee you got a long ass road ahead of you. That’s gospel

Brah..I work from can to can't.. everyday...I got sick of going to jail.. sicker than sicker..I worked for a swimming pool company..called Trade winds.. straw boss wouldnt buy got dam shovels, he made us get behind the frame of the pool, and pour concrete with our fuckin legs to move that heavy shit, I accepted 55.00 a day. I left there for a another nigga, that paid 75.00 a day, for hospital concrete slab.. pouring, we worked from 730 am til the fuckin trucks stopped coming with concrete. Longest I e ever worked was 37.5 hours straight in 40 degrees weather...FUCK ANY MUFFUCKA THAT DON'T WANT TO CRAWL BEFORE THEY WALK... KillaMayne out

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Again my post was not an excuse for him and it wasn't even about him.
I've worked jobs that offered such incentives. There were those who passed on doing more (and they didn't have to) and there were others who gladly took on the extra work and the extra money.
At 22 you should be taking all the cash you can get. The problem is people think they misssing something.
FOMO
Fear Of Missing Out.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
IMO, LAZY motherfuckas don't know what hard work is and don't know how to do it.
Motherfuckas wanna start at the TOP and get paid TOP dollar
You want more money should've stayed in SCHOOL

THIS is hard work and they ain't getting no where NEAR 15 bucks and hour
i'm sure they'll take his job in a SECOND

You are exactly right about people just starting a job and want to make top dollar after a few months. Ive seen that shit so much at my job it's ridiculous.

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw this post after I dropped mine. This is on point. Have you noticed an increase in the amount of dollar general stores?

No doubt. This country has become a race to the bottom man. Looking for the cheapest shit they can buy. All because the masses as a whole make shitty money.

I look at some folks I know who buy they damn groceries at the dollar store and shake my head.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
No doubt. This country has become a race to the bottom man. Looking for the cheapest shit they can buy. All because the masses as a whole make shitty money.

I look at some folks I know who buy they damn groceries at the dollar store and shake my head.
The funny thing is people made good pay when things were not only higher priced but better quality.

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
Not about the birthday you dumb old fuck. Just say you hate ppl under 40 Gramps and keep it pushing. You okay with the shit you do to survive- YOU. Just cuz you proper brainwashed and ok with sacrifices you make for the little you have fine. But we not taking that shit. I'm co-signing waking up to the bullshit but you obviously lack comprehension stop be happy with ya slavery

The fact that you compared having a job to slavery let’s me know we are not on the same level to actually have a conversation.

I’m also not into arguing with kids over the internet. Peace lil nigga

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Brah..I work from can to can't.. everyday...I got sick of going to jail.. sicker than sicker..I worked for a swimming pool company..called Trade winds.. straw boss wouldnt buy got dam shovels, he made us get behind the frame of the pool, and pour concrete with our fuckin legs to move that heavy shit, I accepted 55.00 a day. I left there for a another nigga, that paid 75.00 a day, for hospital concrete slab.. pouring, we worked from 730 am til the fuckin trucks stopped coming with concrete. Longest I e ever worked was 37.5 hours straight in 40 degrees weather...FUCK ANY MUFFUCKA THAT DON'T WANT TO CRAWL BEFORE THEY WALK... KillaMayne out
Real man shit right there. If you want it, go get it!

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
The fact that you compared having a job to slavery let’s me know we are not on the same level to actually have a conversation.

I’m also not into arguing with kids over the internet. Peace lil nigga
You typed to me first, you weirdo, cuz I obviously struck a nerve- and now wanna hide behind some dumb shit. Never addressed one thing I said, typical for people your age, you not just slow you a bitch too.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
he didn't have an idea of what the job entailed before he took it? how much is he making now?
He'll be making waaaaaay less at any job that'll hire him in the future..... he'll be flipping burgers or working at the fry station in the future.... and on top of that... I'm betting that he gets held responsible for any missing packages and any damage to the van if it got taken.... his tarded ass should've at least brought the van back and then quit... what a moron
Good for him. Treat your workers better.
Don't know how old you are... but that's a response that would come from someone his age.... or younger... the dummy will be paying for his actions for years.... then turn around and blame whitey cause he no longer was able to get a decent paying job..... he'll be bagging groceries at some off brand supermarket

Last edited:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I hear you, but we need to start shifting that level of thought to management. The worker should care about the important packages but not management. If they cared about people's important packages arrive properly, ensure that the handler has what they need to deliver the packages properly. Instead of asking carriers to work 13 hour days. Hire enough people so that each worker gets two 15 minutes breaks and a lunch on a 9 hour shift. There was a recent story on how UPS got their carriers sitting in them vans all day with no A/C. Just to save pennies here and there. We should be shifting our anger towards the problem not the symptoms.

I don't care what anyone says, there is no shortage of hard working people out there. If these corporations treated people like people instead of expendable workhorses. We'd have less cases such as this.

I kinda sorta agree but not really. How does one become a manager? If you said by getting educated and climbing the ladder then I'd say sho you right. He can become the manager too and maybe his onion head ass can help change it but the labor system is the way it is for a reason. Only way to start higher on top is take your ass to school first, ain't nobody stopping him. Fuck him, cry me a river!

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Simply return the van and quit. He fucked his name by doing this.

Oh, and he's fucking weak. He quit cause he missed a birthday party at 22? I've missed birthdays, weddings, graduations, funerals and family reunions to make my $. He worked a 12 hour day? Boo fucking hoo! Work 12-15 hour days for 3 months straight offshore and then hollar at me.

Amazon driving jobs are a hustle, not a career. You do that shit when you're young, stack what you can and move on.

You might think that but unless your a private contractor, you don't control where you are. Companies like Schneider Trucking are notorious for ignoring their drivers request to return home. Its normal for their drivers to be on the road for weeks at a time. An to make matters worse Schneider Trucking knows exactly where their drivers are 24/7.

Schneider Trucking runs their drivers from city to city for weeks at a time with no options. This is when and why trucks are usually abandoned. Dispatchers don't give a damn about the drivers, their families or their needs. When they finish one run there's always another run ready to go. The trucking company literally controls every aspect of their lives.

As for offshore workers they usually know what they're signing up for. But for someone to abandon an Amazon van is comical.

vandamation

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Homeboy did it wrong... If you're man enough to decide to quit then walk in that office... Hand those keys over and walk the fuck out... Dont be a sucker and abandon ship because those people who are waiting for those packages didnt do anything to u and they are being penalized for your decision. Just drive the van back to the hub and go home. I'm not siding with management but he didnt do the right thing. Be a man.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
I did it 40 hours regular pay
32 Hours OT
You don't get paid PER DAY by OT it's anything over 40 hours in a work week
Anyway, you do get a good portion BACK from your OT tax in your refund I believe
Either way, 53k take home in DETROIT ain't bad by NO STRETCH
nigga that's HALF the amount you stated. half of $1 isn't a big deal but half of $100k is MAJOR. scale matters