Tech Biz: Amazon delivery driver quits mid-shift, abandons truck and packages

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
You might think that but unless your a private contractor, you don't control where you are. Companies like Schneider Trucking are notorious for ignoring their drivers request to return home. Its normal for their drivers to be on the road for weeks at a time. An to make matters worse Schneider Trucking knows exactly where their drivers are 24/7.

Schneider Trucking runs their drivers from city to city for weeks at a time with no options. This is when and why trucks are usually abandoned. Dispatchers don't give a damn about the drivers, their families or their needs. When they finish one run there's always another run ready to go. The trucking company literally controls every aspect of their lives.

As for offshore workers they usually know what they're signing up for. But for someone to abandon an Amazon van is comical.

This is what I was thinking. If you are offshore there's gonna be a whole lotta shit you are naturally gonna miss. These guy's don't understand the fuckery these companies do daily. I don't condone how he quit, but I understand.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is what I was thinking. If you are offshore there's gonna be a whole lotta shit you are naturally gonna miss. These guy's don't understand the fuckery these companies do daily. I don't condone how he quit, but I understand.

This. You cannot go very far in your circle without finding at least one person who said enough is enough and walked off a job. We all agree that he should and could have handled the situation better, and it sounds like homeboy who quit even stated he should have handled it better. However homeboy is just a symptom of a problem.

what the hell are these companies doing to drive a young man, who has worked for your company for 5 months to get fed up and leave your inventory in a gas station parking lot?

we have had people in this thread calculate it out and state he was making decent money for his age and experience. So why are these jobs churning out like revolving doors?

The answer can’t be that everyone is lazy or weak.

it seems like the same story, hire a person who is willing to work hard and earn their check. And keep pushing and pushing then until they tap out.

These corporations clearly have enough money to pay a decent wage, enough for a young person to stack up, put a down payment on a crib, buy a car, take a few college classes and maybe take a vacation once a year.

But they don’t respect the people they hire for these positions. They are assets not investments.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
This. You cannot go very far in your circle without finding at least one person who said enough is enough and walked off a job. We all agree that he should and could have handled the situation better, and it sounds like homeboy who quit even stated he should have handled it better. However homeboy is just a symptom of a problem.

what the hell are these companies doing to drive a young man, who has worked for your company for 5 months to get fed up and leave your inventory in a gas station parking lot?

we have had people in this thread calculate it out and state he was making decent money for his age and experience. So why are these jobs churning out like revolving doors?

The answer can’t be that everyone is lazy or weak.

it seems like the same story, hire a person who is willing to work hard and earn their check. And keep pushing and pushing then until they tap out.

These corporations clearly have enough money to pay a decent wage, enough for a young person to stack up, put a down payment on a crib, buy a car, take a few college classes and maybe take a vacation once a year.

But they don’t respect the people they hire for these positions. They are assets not investments.

I quit a job similar to how this guy did. Long story short, 2 guys started a business they knew nothing about. I was the only one who knew the business. They ignored my requests to get paid right. A few fucked up jobs that I had to return to and fix cause they fucked up. I parked their truck in front of my house and told them to pick it up.

Never saw them again. Bounced around a few jobs then landed a management gig at a company 1000 times bigger.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why are y'all talking about him not being professional, like he owed the company that? The company will clearly fill his spot in 4 hours. I don't blame him.

I've worked for Delta as a baggage handler loading planes(domestic & international) while in college for 3 yrs and they didn't give two fucks about us except when it came to making sure the customers were happy. Business-wise I understood the bottom line due to the volume we were getting daily, but as an employee I knew the company would replace anyone of us in a heartbeat.

Yea you can argue that he signed up for it, but no human being goes into jobs like that truly knowing the toll it will take. Jobs like freight & baggage will fuck up your back. Try loading and unloading 100 to 300 bags that weigh 30-80lbs in 30-45min turnarounds but 8-10x per day, and mind you the bags have to be packed neatly in a corridor only 3 ft high for the most part. I'm glad I quit Delta back when I did. Every person I know who stayed sucking the corporate dick got their backs fucked from the workload. And will companies like Amazon, Delta, or Wal Mart honestly have a insurance plan to fix a life long problem? Fuck no.

As I see it he got them before they got him. Buddy will be good though, this situation won't affect him like everyone thinks it will

Last edited:

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right on, bruh!!

I'm in Nebraska and all those Amazon delivery people worked for a contractor, but wore and drove vans that had Amazon on them!! They really didn't work for Amazon.. I had an interview with one and the guy told me I would be working damn near 15hrs sum days(all days) and might get Monday and Tuesday off.. I was looking for a job for something to do, I walked away!! I knew my azz would've been workin mad hours!! If I'm going to work like that, I might as well go to fedex, ups or the post office!!

Exactly!!!