Altered Carbon Season 2 Discussion Thread (2018) (Scifi) Season 2 DROPS 2/27

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
You like everything! I don't think I've ever read a negative comment from you.

I dislike Black Lightning... I enjoyed the first season but after that meh. I hated the first season of Supergirl. I really want to Like Avenue 5 but I’m struggling. I wasn’t a fan of Legends Season 1. I hate the PS4 controller even though I have one. I didn’t like Birds of Prey even though my girl loved it... So I tell her I liked it cause I love Pussy. I don’t like cop or lawyer shows cause they are unrealistic...

I hated Ghostbusters 2016 and I’m easily the biggest ghostbusters fan on this board and i hated it... also I think it’s well known here that I feel like the Theatrical version of Batman v Superman was the worst movie that I’ve seen in my life and it deserves every single page of that Ocking..

It’s the first film that I can remember that got Ocked that shit should be in the Hall of Fame.

But if I make a thread on something .. it’s typically cause I really enjoy the show. If it’s science fiction there is a 90% chance I’m going to like it.

Last edited:

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I dislike Black Lightning... I enjoyed the first season but after that meh. I hated the first season of Supergirl. I really want to Like Avenue 5 but I’m struggling. I wasn’t a fan of Legends Season 1. I hate the PS4 controller even though I have one. I didn’t like Birds of Prey even though my girl loved it... So I tell her I liked it cause I love Pussy. I don’t like cop or lawyer shows cause they are unrealistic...

I hated Ghostbusters 2016 and I’m easily the biggest ghostbusters fan on this board and i hated it... also I think it’s well known here that I feel like the Theatrical version of Batman v Superman was the worst movie that I’ve seen in my life and it deserves every single page of that Ocking..

It’s the first film that I can remember that got Ocked that shit should be in the Hall of Fame.

But if I make a thread on something .. it’s typically cause I really enjoy the show. If it’s science fiction there is a 90% chance I’m going to like it.

Fonz - we have similar tastes - that why I like checking out you and Playa's threads

Keep on letting us know what is happening and whether you like it or hate or are just indifferent , your insights are what matters. Thank you

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
renee-elise-goldsberry-altered-carbon11.png

^^^ She is 49 years old....49!!!

Let that sink in.

Black don’t crack.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No Spoilers -

But I liked the ending -

Ehhh..... I'm still torn about the ending....

Season 1 with all the sleeves and swapping out...mayne that shit was like cocaine to me....I was a kid in a candy store for season 1. Can't wait to see it again in its 4K glory... season 2 is definitely more story driven.... While I think 12 / 13 episodes would be too much.... I feel as though they could've fleshed out the twist and ending more to take it to 9 or 10 episodes....

Overall though a really good season

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Ehhh..... I'm still torn about the ending....

Season 1 with all the sleeves and swapping out...mayne that shit was like cocaine to me....I was a kid in a candy store for season 1. Can't wait to see it again in its 4K glory... season 2 is definitely more story driven.... While I think 12 / 13 episodes would be too much.... I feel as though they could've fleshed out the twist and ending more to take it to 9 or 10 episodes....

Overall though a really good season

For the entire time I was watching it, I thought it was 10 episode so by episode 8 when shit started happening all I could think is where are they going for the last 2 episodes - then I paused it and when to the episode guide and saw it was 8 so I came into this not anticipating the end - so I think that made a big difference. Also, I was mentioning the very last scene when I said I like the ending.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For the entire time I was watching it, I thought it was 10 episode so by episode 8 when shit started happening all I could think is where are they going for the last 2 episodes - then I paused it and when to the episode guide and saw it was 8 so I came into this not anticipating the end - so I think that made a big difference. Also, I was mentioning the very last scene when I said I like the ending.
Yeah, me too

I'm still torn about that part....

On one hand I was thinking they were gonna find a way to do that... on the other I was thinking moving forward it would make the series more interesting if that part didn't happen...

I kind of wish they would've put more into the backstory of the elders...orbitals... what their powers / planet was like

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I finished watching Season 2 of this show and it was alright...My opinion I thought Season 1 was kinda better!!..Season 2 storyline was ok and it was good to watch but I think Season 1 was better than Season 2!!

Also, I'm disappointed that it wasn't alot of nudity and sex scenes in this season like how season 1 was!!... :smh:

But this season still ok to watch!!

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I finished watching Season 2 of this show and it was alright...My opinion I thought Season 1 was kinda better!!..Season 2 storyline was ok and it was good to watch but I think Season 1 was better than Season 2!!

Also, I'm disappointed that it wasn't alot of nudity and sex scenes in this season like how season 1 was!!... :smh:

But this season still ok to watch!!

I think the budget for the first season was about twice the budget they had for this one.... which is why we had a more story driven season. There weren't big huge stylized sets / scenes... season 1 really looked like one long ass big budget blockbuster visually....

The wardrobe, sets and cgi wasn't there this season...

And yes the nudity was scaled all the way back...

In the first season you had 2 /3 women that used their sexuality / nudity almost as weapons...

So, while I do like season 2, there's no doubt season 1 had more care put into it....

Maybe the showrunners changed?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yeah, me too

I'm still torn about that part....

On one hand I was thinking they were gonna find a way to do that... on the other I was thinking moving forward it would make the series more interesting if that part didn't happen...

I kind of wish they would've put more into the backstory of the elders...orbitals... what their powers / planet was like

I feel like they are saving the elders and the orbitals for season 3....

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I think the budget for the first season was about twice the budget they had for this one.... which is why we had a more story driven season. There weren't big huge stylized sets / scenes... season 1 really looked like one long ass big budget blockbuster visually....

In the first season you had 2 /3 women that used their sexuality / nudity almost as weapons...

So, while I do like season 2, there's no doubt season 1 had more care put into it....

The showrunners changed..

I definitely agree that the budget had to be scaled back.... this season felt more like a Canadian series vs the blockbuster that season 1 was but overall it was a masterpiece to me... I absolutely loved the story here. There was a lot of weight to the scenes. I think it worked better cause the stories were focused on a smaller group of characters.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah, I feel what you're saying!!..It does look like the budget wasn't big in Season 2 than it was in Season 1

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The show felt confined and smaller in scale for some reason, according to you guys it was the budget.

I enjoyed the hell out of this tho, hopefully they do a season 3
I felt that way too, it felt like this season was done in one studio on a green screen. I had rewatched season 1 before watching season 2 and the fight choreography in season 1 was better.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
This cutting the budget in half really doesn't feel right for this show after what i seen in s1, i can't say i enjoyed this as much as s1. Also, Ortega from s1> Angela s2

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
^^^^^^

You see. That was the main problem with this season - N.E.T.! Not. Enough. Tiddies.

That's aside from the wooden acting (except Poe and the Governor). As an actor, Renée is a helluva singer. Misty Stone is always Misty Stone in everything I've seen her in. No range whatsoever. Mackie, I don't understand. Maybe it was the direction but he has a little range, not great but better than we saw. I will say the plot was quite good.
I don't know if I was entertained so much as I was waiting to see some tiddies.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
^^^^^^

You see. That was the main problem with this season - N.E.T.! Not. Enough. Tiddies.

That's aside from the wooden acting (except Poe and the Governor). As an actor, Renée is a helluva singer. Misty Stone is always Misty Stone in everything I've seen her in. No range whatsoever. Mackie, I don't understand. Maybe it was the direction but he has a little range, not great but better than we saw. I will say the plot was quite good.

word ..it was nekedness everywhere in season 1 ...

thts wack as fuck ...:hmm:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
^^^^^^

aww hell naw ...i jus looked up season one...

ni99a there was nekedness everywhere ...i didnt even realize it was tht many neked bitches in it...

full frontals n everything...:angry:

this makes season 2 look even worse...:hmm:

:lol:...boooo...i`ll post some pics later

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
i liked season 2 because every thing i expected happened.

low budget

mackie cant fight and knew he would die

explaining more about the elders

i hope season 3 comes out.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I had a feeling this was going to be it once they slashed the budget by half for s2 compared to s1, this type of show just doesn't work well without the big $90 mil budget