Altered Carbon Season 2 Discussion Thread (2018) (Scifi) Season 2 DROPS 2/27

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This season is better than the first, and three black leads starring in major roles and two of them are fine sisters , gotta love it.

I loved the first season but yeah... This is WAAAAAY better then the first.

This might be the first SciFi show that I've seen with Three Black Leads... hell if you add Lela Loren... Thats Four people of Color in major roles for a Scifi show... unprecedented shit.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Y'all mfkrs got me hyped and pissed at the same damn time......Haha

If I'm lucky I'll get through 2 episodes tonight

This shit is good... .... I haven’t been able to stop. Im on the final episode.

8 episodes was the perfect number. This shit is rolling Tighter then wine

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Hold up... so not only do you have 3 black leads on a SciFi show....

But Salli Richardson’s immortally fine ass... is directing the Season finale.. Gawd damn Altered Carbon is giving the people what they want. I never thought I’d see the day.

bb8187b8d978cb2bd3156b2a99689542.jpg

Man id pay house money to be the food guy or the grip when they were filming this episode...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I kind of wish they dropped the episodes weekly this time.. cause this season is fucking tight.

You can tell that they have a smaller budget... but the story is much better.

HELL NO!!!!

That’s one of the things keeping Netflix above Disney+.

Disney+ is going to get a lot of negative feedback when them Marvel Shows and season 2 of Mandalorian debuts later this year with that weekly shit.

And from what I’m hearing about Falcoln and Winter Soldier, there is going to be a lot of shit being introduced for future MCU movies.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Hmm. Two eps in and the acting is...meh. Except for the hologram guy and the baddie colonel. Plot is solid so far. Fight scenes are weak, you can see them telegraphing everything. Wonder what happened to the fight coordinator? Maybe these actors just can't move..:dunno:

Well, I'll keep at it and return for a review when I finish. BUT, if I don't see Misty's tiddies the season will be a major fail. MAJOR.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Hmm. Two eps in and the acting is...meh. Except for the hologram guy and the baddie colonel. Plot is solid so far. Fight scenes are weak, you can see them telegraphing everything. Wonder what happened to the fight coordinator? Maybe these actors just can't move..:dunno:

Well, I'll keep at it and return for a review when I finish. BUT, if I don't see Misty's tiddies the season will be a major fail. MAJOR.

You arent going to see her titties... but the Season was fantastic..

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Finished episode 3, started episode 4... shit is really good so far... Poe ....man....

"You're gonna get me killed!"

Quell..... curious to see where this story arc is going

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tried to get through episode 1 of s2 and it's been so long I have no idea what is going on. Guess I'll just start over.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man after watching season 2 and then starting my rewatch of west world season 2... it’s crazy but one could say that Altered Carbon is a spiritual successor of Westworld. A lot of the themes are the Same.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
This is definitely better than season 1. I couldn’t take my eyes off Quell. She is so fine and sexy. She even stole the scenes from Misty that they both were in together. Misty is fine too though. She is phat as shit and those thighs in them leggings. My goodness.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit has been on point so far... It's alot more focused. The writing and acting are light years better..The action scenes have been top notch.

My only complaint is that so far.. .there has been ZERO nakedness.. :angry:

Got to episode 1-4 and i'm still trying to process my thoughts on the show.

Plus:
-The action damn near is non-stop and it's raw.

-Much of the acting is on point. I have seperate thoughts on Mackie

Neg:
-Where the hell did the nudity go?

-IMO, A.Mackie is not a lead. He works best next to a stronger performer. More times than not, i found myself wanting to see more Corrala/Trepp/Q.Falconer because their acting and storylines held my attention more.

The action...There were times i preferred less action and more building through the flashbacks and diagloue. Similiar to what they did in season 1.

Overally, It's cool so far! But, imo, it hasn't capatured that unique spirit of season 1.

Epi 5-8 here we go!

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Got to episode 1-4 and i'm still trying to process my thoughts on the show.

Plus:
-The action damn near is non-stop and it's raw.

-Much of the acting is on point. I have seperate thoughts on Mackie

Neg:
-Where the hell did the nudity go?

-IMO, A.Mackie is not a lead. He works best next to a stronger performer. More times than not, i found myself wanting to see more Corrala/Trepp/Q.Falconer because their acting and storylines held my attention more.

The action...There were times i preferred less action and more building through the flashbacks and diagloue. Similiar to what they did in season 1.

Overally, It's cool so far! But, imo, it hasn't capatured that unique spirit of season 1.

Epi 5-8 here we go!
I agree the set production and the fighting scenes are better in season one, it could be that the first actor was a better fighter than Anthony Mackie. Also in the first episode why would those guy be making drugs in some old ass building with a dirt floor if they could have just got a ai that can modify the building in anyway they want. Also is the AI modifying the physical aspects of the building or is it holographic? That seem like a very useful technology everyone would want.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I agree the set production and the fighting scenes are better in season one, it could be that the first actor was a better fighter than Anthony Mackie. Also in the first episode why would those guy be making drugs in some old ass building with a dirt floor if they could have just got a ai that can modify the building in anyway they want. Also is the AI modifying the physical aspects of the building or is it holographic? That seem like a very useful technology everyone would want.

You have to remember season 1 fam.... AI were mainly viewed as relics.. that’s why they all hung out. So that hotel didn’t have an AI. Plus that hotel was off the grid..

Also in Season 2 it appears that they developed nanotechnology which is how Poe was able change the physical aspects of the building to suit the guest. In the first season..... the hotel was a physical thing designed around Edgar Allen Poe and Poe was the holograph.