****Akon started a brutal trend in the music biz****

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
When I first heard this, I thought it was him.

His ridiculous success is going to cause all of these record companies to chase this wack singing style.:(

At least he gives non talents hope that they can achieve in the music biz.

[flash]http://youtube.com/v/BV7PFX_GOZA[/flash]

A

Agent Smith

I thought that was Akon too. R&B is as dead as Hip Hop.

ztrehagem

Potential Star
Registered
i'm glad i'm not the only person that feels this dudes voice sounds like a distressed horse. and chris brown was on bet talking about how that song was supposed to be for him... what a clown.

JCharades

Star
Registered
its ok for gettin ass but for any guy in they right mind to either sing the song of give him props for any other reason is borderline queer

Its got an akon kinda vibe but the guy has a voice but i doubt can sing...Trey Songz, Ne-Yo, Usher, or any guy with real talent could've taken this hit higher...one hit wonder anyone?

Tony Soprano

Star
Registered

626xqx5.jpg

Co-sicily!!! The entire recording industry is in serious trouble y'all. :yes:

K

kwazdog

Maybe it's just my imagination but every time I hear this song I thing of this song...

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/WD4GOJbScUc[/FLASH]

I guess there are but so many ways to do a chorus melody....I don't know if itS biting, I guess the differences are substantial.probably just my imagination....similar key..I Dunno:confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DigitalAngel2007

5ycyki0.gif

Thanks!!! A few seconds on Limewire and I'll have my new theme song for the week.

smitty12

Star
BGOL Investor
That dude defintely gets his props for that song. BUt the Album is boring, each song sounds exactly like the one before it.

O-Live

Support BGOL
Registered
:yes: only dumb niggas don't understand that shit...they so worried about hatin on the next nigga instead of popping that in the cd player when the bitches hop in the whip!!!

C/S the song is iight and the hoes love it the problem is niggas want every hip hop album to be reasonable doubt or Illmatic and every R&B record to be like Musiq soulchild shit which cant be that way so niggas gotta make a way for these niggas too let them eat also

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
i'm glad i'm not the only person that feels this dudes voice sounds like a distressed horse. and chris brown was on bet talking about how that song was supposed to be for him... what a clown.
:lol:

As dead? I disagree... Rap is Tupac's body... R&B is King George III, that shit has decomposed and is far past stinking... The majority of rap is substanceless bullshit, but there's good stuff out there if you want to look. R&B is fucking horrible; there is zero growth and there's not even an audience looking for substance there, which is why nobody ever had an album called "R&B Is Dead."

Of course, commercial music will always suck, because of this motherfucker...
fuck what yall niggas are talking i give homie his props for making a straight panty dropper

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
All I know is that track gets the bitches open! :yes:

I'm Sayin!!! Fuck That!!! That nigga is alright with me.

I played that shit for a bitch one time, and she practically ripped her damn pussy off and threw it at me!!!

And am I the only one who thinks the bitch in the video is FINE...as hell.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe it's just my imagination but every time I hear this song I thing of this song...

I guess there are but so many ways to do a chorus melody....I don't know if itS biting, I guess the differences are substantial.probably just my imagination....similar key..I Dunno:confused::confused:

your right my man...same song, with different words.....

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn the hate is strong in this one! :lol:

I thought it sounded Akon-esque with the production and writing style. Basically I thought he was in the Konvict camp with Akon on the beat and T-Pain on the lyrics.

I personally like this shit though. Just some light hearted shit. I tell you what...I was in DC and they PRAISE this dude like a god. You'd think he was the first dude from DC to ever break big or something.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I like this song myself and it definitely gets the ladies open. Now if you wanna talk bout trends Akon started with horrible sounding songs then look no further than the song where the hook goes "shawty you're a 10. a 10" That's a fucking grade school remedial ass song.

MrMotivator

Star
Registered
its the same writing and producing team that did umbrella they like repeating words words words in their songs songs songs shit is wack wack wack hope it stops soon soon soon

freaky_1

True Skool Hip-Hop Head
Registered
:yes: only dumb niggas don't understand that shit...they so worried about hatin on the next nigga instead of popping that in the cd player when the bitches hop in the whip!!!
maybe they have respect for their ears and can't tolerate garbage music regardless if dumb ass girls who don't know shit about good music like it or not.

Manny Styles

Hi-Teknological
BGOL Investor

your right my man...same song, with different words.....

Man, both of you lost me on that one. The production quality is not even in the same league.

When I bought that CD (yeah, when it came out), I used to play that Ending Theme on repeat at least 5 times. The song structure, the way it builds up and comes back down ... excellent.

With that J. Holiday joint, I keep waiting for the peak, but it doesn't come. I admit it's catchy, but as I said before, not even on the same level. Not to mention him not hitting his notes.

And repeating is not the same thing as an echo or reverberation!

Smakk

Star
Registered
i'm glad i'm not the only person that feels this dudes voice sounds like a distressed horse.
:D and that other dude Dream "shawty is a ten" that singing style is wack but females and little kids love this garbage ass music.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yuuuuuahhhh!!

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
You guys do know the person who wrote and composed this song is the same person who wrote and composed, Rhianna's - "Umbrella" right?

Hey, listen, face it -- the music business is like any other business. When there's a successful formula that works, expect for it to be duplicated over and over again until it doesn't sell.

When Chrysler came out with the 300C which was basically a watered down Bentley, the public didn't cry ... they bought!

When a houte coutre style gets knocked off and sold at Macy's for the masses, the public didn't cry ... they bought!

Why is, or should the music business be held to any other standard? Why?

Crown&Coke

Star
Registered
Maybe its me but I never thought it sounded anything like Akon at all. I like the song, I dont see anything wrong with it. Now his album is hot garbage with the lid off but thats another story.

K

kwazdog

Man, both of you lost me on that one. The production quality is not even in the same league.

When I bought that CD (yeah, when it came out), I used to play that Ending Theme on repeat at least 5 times. The song structure, the way it builds up and comes back down ... excellent.

With that J. Holiday joint, I keep waiting for the peak, but it doesn't come. I admit it's catchy, but as I said before, not even on the same level. Not to mention him not hitting his notes.

And repeating is not the same thing as an echo or reverberation!

Of course, I mean one is pop/r&b the other is more indie/neo-soul .no where near the same amount of resources (money/gear). they recorded this on two separate contents...Its just something about that hook and the melodic structure (not the production/engineering or lyrics)...:confused: