Aaron Hernandez's lawyer says he had Stage 3 CTE.... Is suing the League and the Patriots

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is currently no way to screen for it, and the only way to determine if a person had it is to remove their brain after they die.
:eek::eek::eek:This is a palladium of an opportunity.

For all the science heads on the board, you figure out how to identify and assess CTE on a live brain, in real time,
:money::money::money:
Football don't e'en seem like it's worth it anymore. :smh:
Man, even though I chose to play in middle school and high school, I knew it wasn't worth it when I learned in elementary that during the 1st Roosevelt administratiin at the turn of the 20th century, players were dying during and after games.:eek:

Remember, the forward pass is the ONLY reason we know football even exists as we know it today.

If it wasn't that single rule change, that sh!t was set to be banned in 1905.
This shit would open a pandora box so big. You know Ron Goldman dad is looking and ready to sue on OJ's behalf.
:frozen::itsawrap:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hopefully this forces teams to offer better health care, retirement and other benefits to players. I hope it hits them deep in the pockets. I want them worried at every turn.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does the NCAA test their athletes for CTE? I do understand that pro football is a bit more violent since everyone is fast and strong, but you can get your bell ring in college too.
As well as high school.

Hernandez probably played football most of his life.... ARE probably started early.

I hope they have to pay! Handsomely!

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

His lawyer is saying it's the most severe case ever seen in a 27 year old.

See this right here... makes me question CTE. How long was he even in the league? 2 maybe 3 years....

Either way... this one is going to be interesting.

Didn't they say he was involved in alot of fights in prison. Could the CTE be related to that or could the Fights in Prison be some of the cause of the CTE. Something tells me that this case is going to bring up alot of Prison Shit that the Family might not want put out in the public.... but his prison life does become relevant if you are looking for causality.

im confiused here...people are blaming the nfl for CTE or just for NOT catching it?

My understanding is that CTE is caused by brain trauma through football contact, correct?

by the time the average NFLer makes the league....hasnt he been playing football for what...12-15yrs? these cats start early in Louisiana...i dont know how it is in other states....cats could have literally been getting concussions for atleast a decade before they are even drafted....

maybe im thinking about this all wrong....but this seems logical to me

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now the Monday morning fantasy loving qb kap jersey wearing red, black and green brehs get a conscious about the dangerous of CTE. U have brehs walking round with a cane like someone's 90 yr old Dad.

You have a brain condition also Acur

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man how many of y'all like me who played comin up wondering do you have it man damn :eek:

I played linebacker most of my football years, back them practices were hitting and more hitting, the bull in the ring, all them crazy ass drills, I even played running back for 2 years. Shit is serious.

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn...wonder if they're gonna argue it could've "influenced" the killings...could open the door for the victims' families to sue the NFL as well

Slippery slope if they win the suit, then anything involving a Football player being abusive or violent can be in part blamed on CTE.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Side note...
How many of y'all are letting your boys play football?

My son just now getting ok with throwing one. Give him the rock and he will cross most 8 years olds. No football for him. Too many questions and he not gonna be in that position to HAVE to play that game. They talking about prevention and treatment for CTE.... Yea aight.....

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
this gonna make his gridiron killer movie even better....this gonna be the epic conclusion...a doctor gonna be in the hospital and they gonna be like why was he so crazy..than somebody gonna look at a scan his eyes gonna get big and they gonna do the slowmotion run in the hallway to a board meeting..as the board meeting goes on the doctor gonna run in and in slowmo go " he had cte"...than u here the jason voorhee's noise..than the credits..yessssssssssss make this movie now
Ahahhahahahah

CADE_BADAZZ

Rising Star
Registered
Slippery slope if they win the suit, then anything involving a Football player being abusive or violent can be in part blamed on CTE.
You know how the NFL has ruined a lot of guys with there domestic violence stance. I wonder if Ray Rice KOed his wife because of CTE. IF so they both should sue the NFL.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I played linebacker most of my football years, back them practices were hitting and more hitting, the bull in the ring, all them crazy ass drills, I even played running back for 2 years. Shit is serious.

Yeah a lot of the punishment actually comes from practice which is why they have reduced hitting at practice on all levels

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Theres clear evidence Hernandez was Reckless even before he played
One nfl snap.... NFL lawyers would have a field day with this case imo

They might but also they might settle because if it goes to discovery, they probably won't want to release the shit that they haven't had to release yet.
we'll see.

As far as he goes, he's clearly had CTE for a long ass time if his is the same as someone who's lived 40 years longer than him.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Man how many of y'all like me who played comin up wondering do you have it man damn :eek:

Well probably have some form of it
Granted I didn't really play long but those who did pop warner through high school just think about it.
maybe if you stopped at high school it gave your brain time to heal and its getting better maybe that stops it.. i don't know how it works.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
There is currently no way to screen for it, and the only way to determine if a person had it is to remove their brain after they die.

I don't see her getting a big win from this. Could be wrong, but the NFL's legal team is huge and they will say first, that you can't prove that the CTE caused him to commit suicide, especially since he had just been sentenced to life in prison, which any juror will see as a probable cause.
Also, his pro career was only 3 years.... they could argue that high school and college ball contributed as much as or more than his NFL career. I'm not siding with the league by any means; just thinking about what they'll say in court.

im confiused here...people are blaming the nfl for CTE or just for NOT catching it?

My understanding is that CTE is caused by brain trauma through football contact, correct?

by the time the average NFLer makes the league....hasnt he been playing football for what...12-15yrs? these cats start early in Louisiana...i dont know how it is in other states....cats could have literally been getting concussions for atleast a decade before they are even drafted....

The judge will more than likely throw this dumbass lawsuit out. Suing the NFL and the Patriots:lol:, dude was a thug, killer and fag, there are hundreds of thousands more just like him out there were/are they suffering from CTE too?

Lattimore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The younger you start the more likely you are to have issues. It's the cumulative head trauma and it's different in each person. The position you played (how much impact), the number of years you played (youth tackle through college), and your brain chemistry.

I played football... loved it. I played 1 year of college football... my body couldn't handle the way I played (my body started breaking down in high school if i'm honest). I want my youngest to play... and he wants to play but I just can't see me letting him (I was gonna make him wait until HS... now i'm not sure). I've got a few friends who played professionally (Redskins, Giants, Patriots) at various positions (tight end, outside linebacker, offensive guard). All of them have super bowl rings but all of them aren't doing too well. One of my guys (in spite of changing his diet and cutting alcohol) is really struggling and the effects of CTE are becoming noticeable. He made a lot of money when he played... it's gone. He has his NFL pension but it's not enough... he's too young. The other two played 3 or 4 seasons each before injury got'm, they're doing better.

Tough but I think i'm done with football. As hard as that is to say and admit.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
FOH. That muthafucka was scheming. Covering up shit. Plots, plans, dirt, shovels, etc. Wasn't murdering random people.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Actually your logic is exactly like mine and why I have issues with CTE. Only a tiny fraction of the people that have played football in their lives make it into league and most of these would have played longer then the average NFL players shelf life. So where is the causality for CTE ... Pee wee ball, junior and high school or NFL.

Also what about MMA, Boxers, Or Rugby players...

Hell let's just be real.. what about Hockey. Hockey is the easily the most violent sport out right now... what about hockey players.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
He was a dumbass and a killer, nothing more nothing less. Fuck outta here with that CTE bullshit. They've been going hard to make that asshole into a model citizen since he died.

For as dumb as he was, he might get his wife and kid a bag :dunno:

Between the appeal and the CTE

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Idiots fail to realize that your employer has to make available what health issues you could occur or have sustained. For the past years I've worked in a refinery. I got exposed to benzene they tested me asap letting me know my exposure. That had to let me know. The NFL would have injured players and lie to them on their prognosis. Pump em full of drug and send them back out there. It's not about they knew the risk. Guess what they didn't know or weren't properly informed. The Doctors didn't perform their oaths either. I hope the NFL breaks something has to give.

BaseballKid

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My sister already told my nephew he's not playing no more football after this year......I saw a new report yesterday saying a lot of parents aren't letting their sons play football due to CTE.

IMO, this will bring a very slow end to football as sport. As the younger generation start being steered away and not being allowed to play the game.

My nephews are playing now but both are already talking about not playing much longer.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Anything to watch these cocksuckas suffer.

9862497.jpg
Word. Fuck these muthafuckas.

OKm1FX.jpg

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
So Pumpkin face takes time to shade Kaep without even realizing the seriousness of these brain issues. Who says you have to play football to get CTE?