90% of Utah in extreme drought as governor declares emergency, asks locals to conserve water

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Don't know how familiar you are with the A, but Microsoft is building a campus near Bankhead Hwy, and now the COL over there is going to go up. Bankhead was straight hood!

Im not too familiar with ATL, but I hear similar stories in Charlotte. Gentrification is sending jobs to the city and forcing the hood to the outside (suburbs).

I’m trying to figure out where my future lies in all this.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Im not too familiar with ATL, but I hear similar stories in Charlotte. Gentrification is sending jobs to the city and forcing the hood to the outside (suburbs).

I’m trying to figure out where my future lies in all this.
It’s extremely tricky because bankhead is still hood It’s not like it used to be but it is still hood

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
The western states better pipe water in from the Pacific into a series of man-made lakes and reservoirs. Then invest in water desalination large scale. They don't mind piping oil over long distances so why would water be a problem? Priorities I tell you.........

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
China is building canals from the Himalaya's to Eastern China cuz of the demand for water.

One of the canals is about the length of the USA.

There has been talk about building canals from the Mississippi River to redirect water out west. That river never runs dry and historically overflows and floods shit.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
China is building canals from the Himalaya's to Eastern China cuz of the demand for water.

One of the canals is about the length of the USA.

There has been talk about building canals from the Mississippi River to redirect water out west. That river never runs dry and historically overflows and floods shit.
That sounds feasible but some of the states government that river have to cut through may act like assholes. Around 20 something years ago they told people in the drought area what was going to happen and they did not want to hear it now it’s too late

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Lake Mead

LakeMeadWaterLevel.jpg

1830b433c9329590909de265411e9349.jpg

ds_viz_3_0.gif

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They need to invest in a pipeline coming from the Pacific Ocean hooked to a desalination plant.
#ProblemSolved

Ideally, but it’s a federal thing and I’m sure states are going to have to approve of it. Plus all those landowners are going to be assholes about it.

I definitely don’t think it’s as simple as building a highway or oil pipeline. I don’t really know though.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
They told these people around this drought area what was going to happen 20 something years ago and they didn’t listen

They will get water.

When and from where is the question?

Southern Utah in St. George and Cedar City is experiencing rapid growth because those two cities are now becoming “suburbs” of Las Vegas and Salt Lake City that are seeing rapid growth.

Phoenix and Tucson is still building like crazy. The empty desert between them along Interstate 10 in 20 years will be completely built up.

I live in Las Vegas, NV. They plan on building up between Las Vegas and Mesquite, NV along Interstate 15. It is the primary reason they want that nutjob Cliven Bund and his cows out of there. He is the last rancher in Clark County holding shit up. The Government brought out or pushed the other ranchers out.

The area between Las Vegas and state line Primm, NV along Interstate 15, there are plans to build it up.

The Las Vegas valley is more than 3/4 full. The north area along the 215 is the last big open space in the valley that is undeveloped, but you can see them moving closer and closer.

And California, they still popping up subdivisions, shopping centers and commercial areas like Pez candy with no plans on stopping. Development is happening in the high deserts of Hesperia, Victorville, Barstow, Lancaster, Palmdale and other areas.

To continue building, they need water.

Im still trying to figure out where all these folks are coming from and where they getting money from in this fucked up economy.

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Im still trying to figure out where all these folks are coming from and where they getting money from in this fucked up e

Cali and NYC. The only two places that are overpopulated with a big economy. Bringing their big city money to smaller cities.

I have mentioned before that these smaller economies (cities and states) don’t have the jobs to sustain that type of economic growth from migration.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
They will get water.

When and from where is the question?

Southern Utah in St. George and Cedar City is experiencing rapid growth because those two cities are now becoming “suburbs” of Las Vegas and Salt Lake City that are seeing rapid growth.

Phoenix and Tucson is still building like crazy. The empty desert between them along Interstate 10 in 20 years will be completely built up.

I live in Las Vegas, NV. They plan on building up between Las Vegas and Mesquite, NV along Interstate 15. It is the primary reason they want that nutjob Cliven Bund and his cows out of there. He is the last rancher in Clark County holding shit up. The Government brought out or pushed the other ranchers out.

The area between Las Vegas and state line Primm, NV along Interstate 15, there are plans to build it up.

The Las Vegas valley is more than 3/4 full. The north area along the 215 is the last big open space in the valley that is undeveloped, but you can see them moving closer and closer.

And California, they still popping up subdivisions, shopping centers and commercial areas like Pez candy with no plans on stopping. Development is happening in the high deserts of Hesperia, Victorville, Barstow, Lancaster, Palmdale and other areas.

Im still trying to figure out where all these folks are coming from and where they getting money from in this fucked up economy.
You know technically they have been a drought for 20 years this area of the country was not meant to be populated

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
They need to invest in a pipeline coming from the Pacific Ocean hooked to a desalination plant.
#ProblemSolved
Japan did this like 20 years ago. Another reason I’m considering moving there. They just ahead of the game and the women have fire pussy

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
But at what cost? That's the billion dollar question.

Desalinization alone is like fuel to power ratio. It would take a very expensive effort due to the power needed to desalinize enough water. Then there would be the question of where do you put all the brine?

If only humans could drink seawater without dying, we wouldn’t find ourselves floundering in a water crisis. To not die, first you have to boil saltwater and collect the pure vapor, or get yourself a fancy membrane that filters out all the salt and, conveniently, sea life.
This is the controversial idea behind large-scale desalination—great big expensive facilities that turn saltwater into a liquid that won’t kill you. The classic criticism of desal is that it takes a tremendous amount of energy to process seawater, and we really shouldn’t be burning any more fossil fuels than we need to be. But a less chattered-about problem is the effect on the local environment: The primary byproduct of desal is brine, which facilities pump back out to sea. The stuff sinks to the seafloor and wreaks havoc on ecosystems, cratering oxygen levels and spiking salt content.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Japan did this like 20 years ago. Another reason I’m considering moving there. They just ahead of the game and the women have fire pussy
Good luck with those Earth Quakes and Nuclear Spillage.
My Cousin in Law went AWOL from the Navy out there. He said if he was dead broke he would use his last to get there and the Women in Japan would take care of him and treat him like a king.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Desalinization alone is like fuel to power ratio. It would take a very expensive effort due to the power needed to desalinize enough water. Then there would be the question of where do you put all the brine?

If only humans could drink seawater without dying, we wouldn’t find ourselves floundering in a water crisis. To not die, first you have to boil saltwater and collect the pure vapor, or get yourself a fancy membrane that filters out all the salt and, conveniently, sea life.
This is the controversial idea behind large-scale desalination—great big expensive facilities that turn saltwater into a liquid that won’t kill you. The classic criticism of desal is that it takes a tremendous amount of energy to process seawater, and we really shouldn’t be burning any more fossil fuels than we need to be. But a less chattered-about problem is the effect on the local environment: The primary byproduct of desal is brine, which facilities pump back out to sea. The stuff sinks to the seafloor and wreaks havoc on ecosystems, cratering oxygen levels and spiking salt content.
Yeah I was just reading about this the only thing we could do right now is conserve but that particular area of the country thats under this severe drought needs to depopulate very quickly.