4 arrested on raped charges of LSU student, who’s later killed after she accidentally got stroke by a car, while standing in street drunk…

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
4 arrested in alleged rape of college student later fatally struck by car: Police
split-mugshots-madison-baton-rouge-ho-mz-17-230124_1674588745183_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

The East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office released the booking photos for, from left, Everett...
ABCNews
A Louisiana State University student who died after she was hit by a car while on her way home from a bar was allegedly raped shortly before the fatal crash, authorities said.

The East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office arrested four people on Monday, including three teenagers, in connection with the alleged sexual assault.

Madison Brooks, 19, was struck by a car while on the roadway early on Jan. 15 and died at a local hospital, authorities said. The driver, who was determined not to be impaired and contacted emergency personnel immediately, has not been charged, the sheriff's office said.

Within hours of the deadly incident, Brooks was captured on surveillance footage stumbling and falling at a Baton Rouge bar, before leaving with the four suspects, according to the arrest warrant affidavits.

Kaivon Washington, 18, and a 17-year-old male were arrested and charged with third-degree rape, court records show.

Casen Carver, 18, and Everett Lee, 28, were also arrested and charged as principles to third-degree rape, court records show.

Carver, Lee and Washington were booked on Monday and appeared in court for a bond hearing Tuesday morning, during which their bail was set at $50,000, $75,000 and $150,000, respectively, according to the East Baton Rouge Clerk of Court.

The 17-year-old was booked into juvenile Detention and has not been identified by the sheriff's office because he is a minor.

The four suspects met the victim at the bar, Reggie's, and were taking her home, when two of them allegedly raped her, according to the arrest warrant affidavits.

During an interview with detectives on Jan. 16, Carver reportedly stated that while walking to his car from the bar, Brooks "was very unstable on her feet, was not able to keep her balance, and was unable to speak clearly without slurring her words," the affidavits stated.

Carver reportedly told detectives that she had asked for a ride home and "he admitted that he agreed to give her the ride because he did not want to leave her while very intoxicated and the bar was closing," according to the affidavits.

Carver stated he asked for Brooks' address but "she fell over and could not answer him," according to the affidavits.

He reportedly told detectives he soon parked at a nearby street, at which point the 17-year-old allegedly asked her "five times" to have sex and she consented, according to the affidavits. Then, Carver reportedly told detectives he heard Washington "ask the victim numerous times if she wanted to have sex, and she consented," according to the affidavits.

Carver and Lee, who was identified as Washington's uncle, allegedly remained in the front seats of the car the entire time, according to the affidavits.

Carver reportedly stated "we got to stop this, let's go," according to the affidavits. He started driving and ultimately dropped her off in a subdivision, according to the affidavits.

Brooks was hit by a car while in the middle of a roadway near the subdivision shortly before 3 a.m., about 50 minutes after leaving the bar, authorities said. Her blood alcohol content upon being admitted to the hospital was .319, according to the affidavits. The state's legal limit to drive is .08.

When asked if Brooks was too impaired to consent, Carver allegedly replied, "I guess," according to the affidavits.

The 17-year-old suspect and his mother did not want to provide a statement to detectives, while Lee reportedly confirmed to detectives that he was in the passenger seat that night, according to the affidavits.

Washington waived his right to an attorney and agreed to provide a statement on Jan. 21, during which he reportedly denied having sex with the victim, according to the affidavits. When asked to conduct an oral DNA swap, he "requested an attorney," according to the affidavits.

In a phone interview with ABC Baton Rouge affiliate WBRZ before his surrender, Washington denied raping Brooks and said the sex was consensual, WBRZ reported.

His attorney, Ron Haley, also denied the rape allegations and told WBRZ that they have video proof that refutes the claims.

Attorney information for Carver and Lee was not immediately available.

In a statement to the school community following news of the arrests, LSU President William Tate called this a "horrific scenario."

"Madison was a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, a niece, a classmate, and a friend to many of you," he said. "By all accounts, she was an amazing young woman with limitless potential. She should not have been taken from us in this way. What happened to her was evil, and our legal system will parcel out justice."

Tate also condemned that Brooks and three of the suspects were underage yet "able to consume alcohol at a local bar."

"As such, our action plan starts with a deep and relentless focus on any establishment that profits off our students by providing alcohol to underage individuals," he said. "In the coming days, we will call a meeting with these business owners to discuss how their responsibilities directly impact the safety of our students. We will work openly against any business that doesn't join us in efforts toward creating a safer environment for our students. Enough is enough."

State regulators announced on Tuesday they have temporarily suspended Reggie's liquor license over "recent incidents at this establishment."

"Due to the seriousness of the allegations and the potential threat to public safety, an emergency suspension will be issued today," the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control said in a statement. "This action immediately suspends the service or sale of alcoholic beverages at this location. An emergency hearing will be held next month to determine what penalties (if any) should be imposed following a presentation of the evidence."

In a statement to WBRZ, Reggie's said the bar's owner "has fully cooperated with the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office, Louisiana State Police and the East Baton Rouge [Alcoholic Beverage Control] office since their first requests for assistance in their ongoing investigations and will continue to do so."

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The 17-year-old was booked into juvenile Detention and has not been identified by the sheriff's office because he is a minor.

He reportedly told detectives he soon parked at a nearby street, at which point the 17-year-old allegedly asked her "five times" to have sex and she consented, according to the affidavits. Then, Carver reportedly told detectives he heard Washington "ask the victim numerous times if she wanted to have sex, and she consented," according to the affidavits.

The 17-year-old suspect and his mother did not want to provide a statement to detectives, while Lee reportedly confirmed to detectives that he was in the passenger seat that night, according to the affidavits.

Tate also condemned that Brooks and three of the suspects were underage yet "able to consume alcohol at a local bar."

Update: Damn, they're handing out life sentences

Teenager, 17, charged with raping LSU student Madison Brooks before she was run over and killed will be tried as an ADULT and could face life in prison
Teenager, 17, charged with raping LSU student Madison Brooks will be tried as an ADULT | Daily Mail Online

Grand jury charges 17-year-old as adult in LSU student rape case
The Grand jury handed down the gravest sexual assault charge available to prosecutors under Louisiana law.
Author: WWL Staff
Published: 8:15 PM CST February 22, 2023
Updated: 4:53 AM CST February 23, 2023
BATON ROUGE, La. — A grand jury charged a 17-year-old as an adult for the assault of LSU student Madison Brooks hours before she died last month, according to our partners at The Times-Picayune | New Orleans Advocate.

Desmond Carter was indicted by an East Baton Rouge grand jury with a count of first-degree rape and third-degree rape on Wednesday.

The first-degree rape charge is the gravest sexual assault charge available to prosecutors under Louisiana law.

Kaivon Washington, 18, also faces a third-degree rape charge.

Casen Saver, 18, and Everett Lee, 28, both face charges of principal to third-degree rape. They are accused of sitting in the front of the car while Brooks was assaulted by Washington and Carter in the backseat after a night of drinking.

The three other defendants may face heightened charges as well, as District Attorney Hillar Moore said he would leave the question of whether to stiffen charges to the grand jury.

The alleged assault of Brooks occurred after she left Reggie's bar, a popular spot among LSU students. She was dropped off near Pelican Lakes Parkway and Burbank Drive where she was fatally struck by a car.

As Brooks was 19 and had a BA level of .319 when she arrived at a hospital, Reggie's Bar received numerous criticisms of serving alcohol to a minor.
The driver who hit Brooks does not face charges.

Last edited:

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man yall mfers always bringing up race

Gtfoh with that shit the thread is about these rapists
I don't see black i see monsters and if convicted they should get what they get

I have a daughter if she was raped i would be pissed whatever race the mfer is or in this case the mfers. Yall too much with this race shit sometimes

Fuck them and fuck yall especially if u black cause black ppl should know better then get caught up in this type of shit. Im not taking advantage of a drunk chick especially white cause I know better. I'm leaving the bitch at the bar or calling her a lyft cause that's what descent human beings do not try to have sex with her

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

I have a daughter if she was raped i would be pissed whatever race the mfer is or in this case the mfers. Yall too much with this race shit sometimes

Fuck them and fuck yall especially if u black cause black ppl should know better then get caught up in this type of shit. Im not taking advantage of a drunk chick especially white cause I know better. I'm leaving the bitch at the bar or calling her a lyft cause that's what descent human beings do not try to have sex with her

We bring up race because we feel the white ppl who do this shit should be treated as equally disgusting and get punished exactly the same as the black people do.

But they don't.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We bring up race because we feel the white ppl who do this shit should be treated as equally disgusting and get punished exactly the same as the black people do.

But they don't.
They should but black ppl should stop raping ppl when I was younger we was told that shit was a white crime

Now black ppl out here raping, killing over women, blowing up shit, mass shootings its like damn we committing white ppl crimes now smh yet mad when we sentenced differently

Prison is a business and we helping that business succeed its very sad

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Here it is, BGOL becomes whiter and whiter every day

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is what it has come to BGOL. White supremacist just allowed on here. Free to roam.
Most likely ive been on here b4 u

Because u like to baby black mfers and i don't; don't make me a white supremacist

How much have u donated to the board I'm curious? Do u hit that gofund me often?

Are u mad i called those rapist monsters?

Anybody can get it when it comes to me I'm not here to cottle mfers cause they black

if u do shit fucked up I'm not concerned about a white mfer who did the same crime I wondered about the person posted that did fucked up shit

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
They should but black ppl should stop raping ppl when I was younger we was told that shit was a white crime

Now black ppl out here raping, killing over women, blowing up shit, mass shootings its like damn we committing white ppl crimes now smh yet mad when we sentenced differently

Prison is a business and we helping that business succeed its very sad
Umm

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
some niggaz in Miami did the same shit to a white chick on spring break a few years ago.
met her at a bar.........got her drunk..........took her to a hotel and raped her......robbed her..........killed her.....
then used her credit card to go on a shopping spree. i think they were from North Carolina or some shit.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
some niggaz in Miami did the same shit to a white chick on spring break a few years ago.
met her at a bar.........got her drunk..........took her to a hotel and raped her......robbed her..........killed her.....
then used her credit card to go on a shopping spree. i think they were from North Carolina or some shit.
That thread actually popped up sometime end of last yr but i didn't get to click into it guess it was being updated they must of been getting sentenced or something

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

On a job application do they ask you what race are you? Why is that important? You want us to do something that the system won’t even do.. you asking us to be better than the system, shouldn’t you be asking the system to do better first? You mad at us but not the system ain’t that a bitch

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
On a job application do they ask you what race are you? Why is that important? You want us to do something that the system won’t even do.. you asking us to be better than the system, shouldn’t you be asking the system to do better first? You mad at us but not the system ain’t that a bitch
I'm mad at mfers who rape ppl whatever the race

Yall mad at the system lol wtf the system has to do with rapist

If it was ya child would the system be on your mind?
no u would thinking about killin whoever did it and wouldn't care if u had to serve 25 yrs at least that's how i would be but most males aren't men so maybe us men just feel that way

And if they get locked up you'd hope they get the most time they could for what they did to ya child

Well that was somebodys child no matter the race

Plz act like a man instead of crying over a system that's been this way forever

How about stop doing crime? I knew all the shit i was facing when I ran the streets. I wasn't like well if a white dude get caught with the same drugs he gonna do 10 less yrs as me no i knew wtf I was facing and still did it cause I didn't care and the more I did it the more bold I grew to do other bullshit

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Most likely ive been on here b4 u

Because u like to baby black mfers and i don't; don't make me a white supremacist

How much have u donated to the board I'm curious? Do u hit that gofund me often?

Are u mad i called those rapist monsters?

Anybody can get it when it comes to me I'm not here to cottle mfers cause they black

if u do shit fucked up I'm not concerned about a white mfer who did the same crime I wondered about the person posted that did fucked up shit

Why can't you racists stay on white message boards?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm mad at mfers who rape ppl whatever the race

Yall mad at the system lol wtf the system has to do with rapist

If it was ya child would the system be on your mind?
no u would thinking about killin whoever did it and wouldn't care if u had to serve 25 yrs at least that's how i would be but most males aren't men so maybe us men just feel that way

And if they get locked up you'd hope they get the most time they could for what they did to ya child

Well that was somebodys child no matter the race

Plz act like a man instead of crying over a system that's been this way forever

How about stop doing crime? I knew all the shit i was facing when I ran the streets. I wasn't like well if a white dude get caught with the same drugs he gonna do 10 less yrs as me no i knew wtf I was facing and still did it cause I didn't care and the more I did it the more bold I grew to do other bullshit
Nobody on here was mad at the rapist being caught or condoned rape.. some of us pointed out the fact that these nigs is gonna get it extra greasy cause it was a cac victim.. why are you mad at the truth!

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why can't you racists stay on white message boards?
Never see u in any black appreciation threads or threads in general where females posted

Only see you in posts about politics and Games of Thrones type shit

Probably don't even like black women like that ooooohhh I get it u like black men that's why you more concern about the other shit i get it

Enjoy ya nite

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Probably don't even like black women like that ooooohhh I get it u like black men that's why you more concern about the other shit i get it

typical bgol shit. White supremacist come in and attack black folk, then deflect by saying "ummm look he's gay"..

Coward ass white people

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

That is not the same thing.

Not the same thing by a long shot. Have you read the story?

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Initially, I was questioning why they were being accused of rape if the victim was dead and could not speak on the events of the night, but ....

It starts out with you meeting her drunk in the bar and you wanting to make sure she got home safe. Next you get her to the car but she is so fucked up that she can't give you her address. Then you ask the drunk white girl if you could fuck five times and allegedly she says yes. After fucking her, you drop her off at some random place where she gets hit by a car. The question becomes if you were concerned about her safety why did you attempt to have sex with her and further why did you abandon her after you had sex? It's not a good look.

I'm mixed on this. I don't necessarily feel sorry for them because it seems as though the objective was to have sex with her and they clearly knew she was not of sound mind, but they seem to be kids. They didn't get her drunk or hit her with the car, but ultimately they did abandon her which lead to her death. I kind of feel like white boys would of gotten off with a lighter sentence or altogether and them being black likely lead to the deeper look. If she seemingly walked into the street what made them look for rape or did they volunteer that information.

They were probably too naive and believed because they didn't kill her they could get off. Talking without a lawyer was also dumb.

For alot of young men, they depend on getting women drunk and high inorder to have sex. Unfortunately, these young men allowed 5 to 10 minutes to dictate the rest of their lives.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What’s the details on this thing. Was she running from them. How did they determine she was raped. When they said they left her on the road did they put her out the car or did she leave and wander onto the road herself.