25 Black diabetics were put on plant-based diet for 28 days... lowered blood pressure, A1C, cholesterol, weight and more

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
O yeah i agree with all that he said, but i dont do all he said... but it helps me make better decisions about different foods that i eat... i mean really here in the US its hard to stay afloat..but i wasnt big on fasting but found my self doing anyway... by sometimes just saying im not gonna eat the rest of the day...ill drink my mineral water but that about it... i found that most of my challenges come when i have my day off and at home..as i said they are challenges...

yea no doubt its challanging you have to understand we are under constant persistent

psychological attack, these demons cant fuck with us physically and spiritualy.... they hid

a lot of shit in history...

but they hit us all day with negative imagery everytime you see a gatdam commercial, during

shit we like to watch.. its always some of the worst junkfood we can put in our bodies, from sugar

infested sodas, to all types of fast food crap, they was getting really retarded with it, with shit wrapped

in bacon with cheetos an shit... bruh all that shit is designed to take us out way before out time..

the got too many of us thinkin we are supposed to die at age sixty and seventy...

bruh we are supposed to live way past a hundred.. Our life span should be in the 120-150

range.... and we CAN achieve that, by unprogramming ourselves from this bullshit....

bruh I learned how to make different sauces to put over my steamed veggies, game changer....

get yourself a steamer, and there are tons of youtube videos on how to make vegan sauces

for your veggies... I personally dont need red meat or chicken...... but some people do, I dont knock em,

Im just saying if your plate consist of mostly red meat.. blood, and rice or pasta.. starch..

you begging for health issues in your seventies, if your diet consist of a big ass plate of kale, beets,

wild rice and a vegan sauce.... I do drink protein shakes when I go running and working out..

If you cut out meat , work out and dont get enough protein that shit will have you lookin like

a crackhead... my plates are like eighty percent veggies and twenty percent grains..

and when I juice at least three times a week, I have energy all fuckin day...

the weeks I dont juice.. I find myself getting tired as fuck by five oclock..

I love to FEEL good and HEALTHY an that plays a big part in my diet choices...

I stay in the produce section when I go shopping for food.. makes me realize tho

how much money I would save if I grew my own food... So feeling good an having energy to

last all day.. is all the motivation I need.. OH and also not needing a doctor for shit....

saves me a lot of money. dont get me wrong doctors are needed for traumatic shit like broken bones

and bullet holes..

but not for a fuckin common cold or a fuckin flu, but doctors can help with fatigue, that b12

shot will put some motion in yo ass bruh...LOL but Id rather get mines through foods...

Either way... Stay Healthy Mi Amigo.. !! plan to live well past your hundreds...

we been psychologically mind fucked to think just because yo hair may be turning white,

you are getting old.. dont believe that bullshit bruh... KNOW you can live well past a hundred,

make the right life choices and watch your body follow..

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
yea no doubt its challanging you have to understand we are under constant persistent

psychological attack, these demons cant fuck with us physically and spiritualy.... they hid

a lot of shit in history...

but they hit us all day with negative imagery everytime you see a gatdam commercial, during

shit we like to watch.. its always some of the worst junkfood we can put in our bodies, from sugar

infested sodas, to all types of fast food crap, they was getting really retarded with it, with shit wrapped

in bacon with cheetos an shit... bruh all that shit is designed to take us out way before out time..

the got too many of us thinkin we are supposed to die at age sixty and seventy...

bruh we are supposed to live way past a hundred.. Our life span should be in the 120-150

range.... and we CAN achieve that, by unprogramming ourselves from this bullshit....

bruh I learned how to make different sauces to put over my steamed veggies, game changer....

get yourself a steamer, and there are tons of youtube videos on how to make vegan sauces

for your veggies... I personally dont need red meat or chicken...... but some people do, I dont knock em,

Im just saying if your plate consist of mostly red meat.. blood, and rice or pasta.. starch..

you begging for health issues in your seventies, if your diet consist of a big ass plate of kale, beets,

wild rice and a vegan sauce.... I do drink protein shakes when I go running and working out..

If you cut out meat , work out and dont get enough protein that shit will have you lookin like

a crackhead... my plates are like eighty percent veggies and twenty percent grains..

and when I juice at least three times a week, I have energy all fuckin day...

the weeks I dont juice.. I find myself getting tired as fuck by five oclock..

I love to FEEL good and HEALTHY an that plays a big part in my diet choices...

I stay in the produce section when I go shopping for food.. makes me realize tho

how much money I would save if I grew my own food... So feeling good an having energy to

last all day.. is all the motivation I need.. OH and also not needing a doctor for shit....

saves me a lot of money. dont get me wrong doctors are needed for traumatic shit like broken bones

and bullet holes..

but not for a fuckin common cold or a fuckin flu, but doctors can help with fatigue, that b12

shot will put some motion in yo ass bruh...LOL but Id rather get mines through foods...

Either way... Stay Healthy Mi Amigo.. !! plan to live well past your hundreds...

we been psychologically mind fucked to think just because yo hair may be turning white,

you are getting old.. dont believe that bullshit bruh... KNOW you can live well past a hundred,

make the right life choices and watch your body follow..

I dont like u.. you make too much sense!!! :giggle: naw well spoken!! Im not a veggie person but mayb i might implement something... but i do take my herbs on a daily.. most days twice a day..natural herbs.. not pills.. as sea moss, Bladderwrack, black seed oil, ginger,Turmeric, cinnamon and Cayenne pepper.. i also add trace mineral drops to my water all the time.. so where i may miss eating the right things i combat it with the herbs along with our treadmill at home... that at least 3 times a week..jumping jacks and wall push ups & sit-ups...not perfect but i dont feel 49... i feel like im still in my 30's...every lil bit helps..

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member

A whole-food, plant-based program in an African American faith-based population

In just 15 days:

Results: Twenty-one AA adults participated. Ten of 16 who provided results had hypertension, 5 had diabetes, 5 had pre-diabetes, and 5 had hyperlipidemia. Participants ate more vegetables (median 2 servings at baseline vs. 3 during the program), greens (1 vs. 3), fruit (2 vs. 3), whole grains (1 vs. 2), and legumes (1 vs. 2). They decreased their consumption of meat, eggs and dairy, added fat, processed foods, and high-fat plant foods (p < 0.05 for each comparison). Participants reported significantly better energy (median 5 at baseline vs. 9 during the program, on a 10-point scale), sleep (7 vs. 8.5), and mood (8 vs. 9). Average weight loss was 5.8 pounds (199.9 to 194.1, p < 0.001), systolic blood pressure dropped from 129.7 to 119.9 (p = 0.02), and total cholesterol dropped from 185.1 to 147.9 (p < 0.001). All participants who provided data reported an intent to continue eating at least a partially WFPB diet following the program.

Last edited:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Man I wake up every morning and eat a clove of raw chopped garlic that I allow to set for ten minutes, then I drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, and at night eat a pinch of de-carb weed, and I am straight!
Plus I also work out religiously every other day, with push-ups, planks, dips, arm curls, and bike rides twice a week, along with no alcohol and processed food, very little meat, and one to two meals a day.
Since doing this my body has transformed and my pressure and blood sugar have been good.
Another thing every few months I stop taking weed for a month (just to reset my tolerance) and my pressure jumps back up, even if I were to take my blood pressure medicine I cannot get it as low as my reading when I eat my edibles.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
My diet/health plan is far from perfect, but the biggest thing for me is to walk. I only drive for work. Everything else is on foot, bike, or public transit.

Back when I lived in Oakland I drove pretty much everywhere. I ditched the car about 3 months after moving to the other side of the bridge and within a year lost 20 pounds.

Consider that younger people are getting their license later in life than ever before. Take a look at pictures of them when they're in their early twenties taking the bus everywhere and compared to a couple of years after they get that first car.

I also take two heaping spoonfuls of psyllium with breakfast every morning, but I've been doing that for nearly 15 years. The walking is what does it for real.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cancer was relatively rare in the early 1900s compared to its prevalence in modern times. There are several reasons for this. First, the average life expectancy was significantly lower in the early 1900s, and cancer is more commonly diagnosed in older individuals. Additionally, medical knowledge and technology were not as advanced as they are today, so the detection and diagnosis of cancer were less accurate and widespread. Furthermore, certain risk factors for cancer, such as tobacco use and exposure to environmental toxins, were not as prevalent in earlier times.
It's important to note that although cancer was less commonly diagnosed in the early 1900s, this does not mean that cancer did not exist or that people did not suffer from it. Cancer has been present throughout human history, but its understanding, detection, and treatment have improved significantly over time. As our understanding of cancer has deepened and medical advancements have been made, the diagnosis and reporting of cancer cases have increased.
Not that it didn't exist, people did eat the highly processed meals we do today. Also, they didn't eat all the meat we eat today. Everything came from your garden. A lot of people lived long lives. The problem that comes with the death records, diseases and accidents. Them germs were a motherfucker. They didn't have the medicines to deal with it. nonetheless, When I was was young there were tribes of old folk I went to the store for and did chores for. We can live a long time, but we got to get off these process foods. And leave all that meat alone.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
American food has next to no regulation in relation to most of the world. Leave this country for a month and you’ll lose weight eating whatever you want. Come back for another month and you’ll gain it right back.

The food here is an absolute killer that’s unregulated simply so people can profit.

Choose what you fuel yourself with wisely.
So years ago, myself and Ms. Mask went to Trinidad for a wedding.
We were along the southern coast, could see Venezuela coastline at night.
I say that to you express how we wasn’t nowhere near normal daily life.
Absolutely no fast food spots were nearby. No stores were nearby, we had to drive to Point Fortin.
So no process food or anything like that the whole time we were there.
Once we came back to the states, we went eat and she had gas.
She said I ain’t had no issues the whole time we was gone, but get back here smh

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Walking and swimming are the best forms of exercise. I walk around Lake Merritt as much as possible

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Go ahead and swim across too. It's safe now.

:smh:

Smfh them cacs about to get out like

robocop-acid-robocop.gif

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Moderation is the key. My BP is always 120/80 and my A1C is fine.

I only eat fast food once every 2ish months. Sweets maybe once a week. Other than that it's mostly fruit, vegetables, fish, and lean meat.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Moderation is the key. My BP is always 120/80 and my A1C is fine.

I only eat fast food once every 2ish months. Sweets maybe once a week. Other than that it's mostly fruit, vegetables, fish, and lean meat.
Genetics also plays a major part in peoples health . People always over look that and think they can eat their way to a healthy life. Steve Jobs a billionaire vegan couldn’t escape shit because genetically he was pre disposed to disease. It happens unfortunately. Eating healthy can reduce your risk but some people will just have hypertension no matter what they do and will need medication

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
So years ago, myself and Ms. Mask went to Trinidad for a wedding.
We were along the southern coast, could see Venezuela coastline at night.
I say that to you express how we wasn’t nowhere near normal daily life.
Absolutely no fast food spots were nearby. No stores were nearby, we had to drive to Point Fortin.
So no process food or anything like that the whole time we were there.
Once we came back to the states, we went eat and she had gas.
She said I ain’t had no issues the whole time we was gone, but get back here smh
It’s a big difference from natural fresh food to the processed mutant food available across affordable grocers in the states. I pig out when I leave our shores but I keep it in moderation while at home. No other way except for buying everything at Whole Foods.

Whole Foods is high quality food, but we don’t call it Whole Paycheck for nothing

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
It’s a big difference from natural fresh food to the processed mutant food available across affordable grocers in the states. I pig out when I leave our shores but I keep it in moderation while at home. No other way except for buying everything at Whole Foods.

Whole Foods is high quality food, but we don’t call it Whole Paycheck for nothing
Whole paycheck, damn it’s that serious
They really don’t have any of those spots in my area…
I think the closest is in and near New Orleans.
I’m have to stop and check it out next time I’m passing thru

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Whole paycheck, damn it’s that serious
They really don’t have any of those spots in my area…
I think the closest is in and near New Orleans.
I’m have to stop and check it out next time I’m passing thru
You’ll definitely feel the difference from conventional grocery stores. We usually buy the important parts at Whole Foods (meat, chicken, fruit & veg) and leave everything else for the regular places like Lidl, Trader Joes, Safeway etc. That way you’re still getting the quality and it ain’t so hard on the bank.

Definitely check one out when you can. The products they have are as good as they come next to farmers markets.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
You’ll definitely feel the difference from conventional grocery stores. We usually buy the important parts at Whole Foods (meat, chicken, fruit & veg) and leave everything else for the regular places like Lidl, Trader Joes, Safeway etc. That way you’re still getting the quality and it ain’t so hard on the bank.

Definitely check one out when you can. The products they have are as good as they come next to farmers markets.
Right…. So one should never pass up a farmers market?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Right…. So one should never pass up a farmers market?
Personally, I don’t. That’s as fresh as it’s gets. Farm to table. Just cook with it quick cause it’ll go bad quicker, which is what you looking for.

Food that last on shelves, lasts in the body too. Not good.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Personally, I don’t. That’s as fresh as it’s gets. Farm to table. Just cook with it quick cause it’ll go bad quicker, which is what you looking for.

Food that last on shelves, lasts in the body too. Not good.
That’s a quotable statement
Shirt worthy