2024 Chicago Bears Offseason Thread

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
The D Line is an immediate need and I expect their first pick to go towards addressing it. But depending on how far they trade down Anderson Jr and/or Carter may not be available. So keep these names in mind. At DE Tyree Wilson who's from Texas Tech, Myles Murphy from Clemson and at DT Bryan Bresee from Clemson. Here's hoping that they can also sign either Daron Payne or Dremont Jones.

I doubt if Jacobs would cost that much. Hell I'm not even sure if anyone besides the Giants would pay Saquan that much. With that said they'd be better off draftin someone if Montgomery wants too much.

They say Wilson's measurables are awesome, but maybe production is lacking (Flus has said he prefers guys that are long, lean athletes with speed though).
You're right: along with the Clemson linemen, all 3 are DEF possibilities if we trade down for a haul of picks. I'd love any of those 5 to be honest (those 3 or Carter or Anderson). So my expectations are pretty reasonable.

The RB situation should be cemented a bit more either way as well. I'm good with 1) re-signing Monty and drafting/acquiring a 3rd RB that is more of a HR hitter, or 2) signing an elite RB to match with Herbert if we can't re-sign Monty.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The D Line is an immediate need and I expect their first pick to go towards addressing it. But depending on how far they trade down Anderson Jr and/or Carter may not be available. So keep these names in mind. At DE Tyree Wilson who's from Texas Tech, Myles Murphy from Clemson and at DT Bryan Bresee from Clemson. Here's hoping that they can also sign either Daron Payne or Dremont Jones.

I doubt if Jacobs would cost that much. Hell I'm not even sure if anyone besides the Giants would pay Saquan that much. With that said they'd be better off draftin someone if Montgomery wants too much.

All valid points, O line needs to be address as well. L. Holmes from 670 The Score had the Bears trading down twice and selecting Peter Skoronski the LT from Northwestern. I have no problem with that because the Bears need O line help just as much as the D line. We will have a better understanding what they need to do in the draft once free agency is over. Signing Payne from Washington would be huge. Oh yeah Orlando Brown is the top tackle on the market and he's only 26, that would help the O line big time.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They say Wilson's measurables are awesome, but maybe production is lacking (Flus has said he prefers guys that are long, lean athletes with speed though).
You're right: along with the Clemson linemen, all 3 are DEF possibilities if we trade down for a haul of picks. I'd love any of those 5 to be honest (those 3 or Carter or Anderson). So my expectations are pretty reasonable.

The RB situation should be cemented a bit more either way as well. I'm good with 1) re-signing Monty and drafting/acquiring a 3rd RB that is more of a HR hitter, or 2) signing an elite RB to match with Herbert if we can't re-sign Monty.
Kiper said he believes it's at least 22 RB's who could play in the NFL. I'll post the vid. They said the RB from Bama was the fastest on the team, said he hit 23mph.. :eek2: He can catch out of the backfield too.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Kiper said he believes it's at least 22 RB's who could play in the NFL. I'll post the vid. They said the RB from Bama was the fastest on the team, said he hit 23mph.. :eek2: He can catch out of the backfield too.

Yea man I'd love to get a fast, hungry rookie in there as insurance for Monty/Herbert getting nicked up... and adding a different layer so they all feed off of each other. Think it would be smart and healthy competition.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
As for the Bears, Im REALLY optimistic about the new direction they are taking. We got a mini Wakanda bewing and its much needed. Heard/read McCaskeys opened their eyes after meeting with Dungy and some former players.
- Black President, Black GM, Black Asst GM
(and for all the hell ppl give the McCaskey's over the years -- rightfully so -- they REALLY went above and beyond to make it that way.. especially by including the diversity counsel directly in the searches, from what I've read)

To point..

veewee77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That was a hell of a team! Defense was on another planet. Unfortunately the Bears were plagued by what they always have been. A trash ass QB! Grossman started out great that year through the first 5 games or so, but by the Super Bowl, teams had figured him out and he was straight trash. In hindsight that was a hell of a coaching job by Lovie Smith to get that team to the Super Bowl with such a liability at QB. The games most important position!!!!

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Mock draft I just did using... NFL Mock Draft Simulator | NFL Mock Draft Database

Bears trade #1 to HOU for #2 and #33.
Bears trade #2 to SEA for#5,#37 and #52.
Bears now have #5 to CAR for #9 and #39.
Bears now have 6 second round picks:33,37,39,52, 53,64.
I gave away our 2023 3rd rounder in one of these deals, but I can't remember which.

RD.1#9 Paris Johnson Ohio St
RD.2#33 WR Jay Flower Boston College
RD.2#37 DE(Edge) B.J. Ojulari LSU
RD.2#39 C John Michael Schmitz Minnesota
RD.2#52 DT Mazi Smith Michigan
RD.2#53 CB Tyrique Stevenson Miami,Fla.
RD.2#64 LB Owen Pappoe Auburn
RD.4#103 WR Xavier Hutchinson Iowa St.
RD.4#134 TE Cameron Latu Alabama
RD.5#137 RB Deuce Vaughn Kansas St.
RD.5#150 LB Ivan Pace Jr. Cincinnati
RD.7#220 WR Jonathan Mingo Ole Miss

2023 NFL User Mock Draft #1145974 | NFL Mock Draft Database

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I really don’t want to spend NO money on a RB

get one in the later rounds and keep it moving

OVERHAUL that entire defense, I didn’t like anything I saw.

wake me up when they arrive in Arlington heights
#weekoneanddone

Cedric Benson ass niggas.
Also,
Lance Briggs ain't walking through that door.