2024 Chicago Bears Offseason Thread

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Kevin Warren was with the Vikings when they built their stadium so it's a smart move getting someone with experience in charge of it

Yea and he was surprisingly open to questions about it too. Said he'd have more specific answers in about 6 months after he goes over the details.

jlwchief

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
..figure I'd be considerate af and park Bears news here, as to not spam the Playoff thread. Huge moves on deck between now and training camp :yes:

@Pack Rat
@shaddyvillethug
@papi68
@chops
@Chitownheadbusa
@juanbogo75
@jlwchief
@Pworld297
@Complex
@Lou_Kayge
@c_commander

Thank you for this video, we will grow as a team with this Brotha. In my 49 years of life this is the 1st time I can say that we have a QB. Well Actually it was draft night, I was begging them to take him. Once we get an O-line that will give him time and a couple receivers to make Claypool the 2nd and Mooney the 3rd receivers, our offense will take off.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Thank you for this video, we will grow as a team with this Brotha. In my 49 years of life this is the 1st time I can say that we have a QB. Well Actually it was draft night, I was begging them to take him. Once we get an O-line that will give him time and a couple receivers to make Claypool the 2nd and Mooney the 3rd receivers, our offense will take off.

I expect them to fix both lines w/in the next 2 yesrs, with noticeable improvement next sesson. Both Poles + Cunningham (GM/Asst GM) PLAYED OL, and Flus has a PhD in 4-3 DL so that's their respective bread n butters. They take that shit personally cuz of their track records..

@TruDat sorry for not @'ing you Brotha!

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I expect them to fix both lines w/in the next 2 yesrs, with noticeable improvement next sesson. Both Poles + Cunningham (GM/Asst GM) PLAYED OL, and Flus has a PhD in 4-3 DL so that's their respective bread n butters. They take that shit personally cuz of their track records..

@TruDat sorry for not @'ing you Brotha!

Its all good.

So far I like what the Bears organization is doing.
They finally faced facts and decided to be modern nfl franchise.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I got the Bears improving a lot next year based on Justin Fields staying healthy...i say 8-9

Considering how competitive most games were relative to the talent level of Fields and lack thereof almost everywhere else (especially the lines), I think that the Bears can sneak into the playoffs with a talent infusion.

Defensive line needs a complete overhaul. O line has Jenkins as an unquestioned starter, Whitehair is cool but expensive and questions of health could lead him to be cut. We have the cap room to keep him though. IF MUSTIPHER IS STARTING NEXT YEAR, I WILL LOSE MY SHIT. I doubt that he is even worthy of being on the practice squad.

Like Madrox alluded to, the cover 2 is based upon getting pressure with the front 4. We gave that up by trading Mack and Quinn. I'm confident that the offensive line, namely the center position will be addressed this off season.I'd like for Monty to return but I get it if he doesn't.

It would be nice to get that DT from Washington and the linebacker from the Bills as free agents while also drafting Carter, but wish list aside, it will fun to watch Poles go to work. He has to spend like 120M to hit the salary floor. Just want him to trade and spend wisely.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Considering how competitive most games were relative to the talent level of Fields and lack thereof almost everywhere else (especially the lines), I think that the Bears can sneak into the playoffs with a talent infusion.

Defensive line needs a complete overhaul. O line has Jenkins as an unquestioned starter, Whitehair is cool but expensive and questions of health could lead him to be cut. We have the cap room to keep him though. IF MUSTIPHER IS STARTING NEXT YEAR, I WILL LOSE MY SHIT. I doubt that he is even worthy of being on the practice squad.

Like Madrox alluded to, the cover 2 is based upon getting pressure with the front 4. We gave that up by trading Mack and Quinn. I'm confident that the offensive line, namely the center position will be addressed this off season.I'd like for Monty to return but I get it if he doesn't.

It would be nice to get that DT from Washington and the linebacker from the Bills as free agents while also drafting Carter, but wish list aside, it will fun to watch Poles go to work. He has to spend like 120M to hit the salary floor. Just want him to trade and spend wisely.
Yeah bruh if you add Payne from Washington and you can get either Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr, that D line would be heavily improved. They just need so much that I don't know if they can make the playoffs. The O line still needs to be upgraded and you need better skill position players like WR's. It all can't be done in one off-season. So hitting on free agency and the draft is going to be super huge for them this off-season but as a Bears fan I'm excited.

Kevin Warren was an excellent hire and I loved what he had to say during his press conference and media tour. I believe Poles is the right guy, still not sold on Eberflus but they were a more discipline team under him. It's new hope for us Chicago Bears fans, everything is in place for us to succeed, #1 pick which could turn into multiple picks and and we have the most money to spend in FA. Man I hope this shit works, I'm tired of losing smh lol.

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
..figure I'd be considerate af and park Bears news here, as to not spam the Playoff thread. Huge moves on deck between now and training camp :yes:

@Pack Rat
@shaddyvillethug
@papi68
@chops
@Chitownheadbusa
@juanbogo75
@jlwchief
@Pworld297
@Complex
@Lou_Kayge
@c_commander

Whats good fellas! Havent been on BGOL in a while. Hope yall been well....

As for the Bears, Im REALLY optimistic about the new direction they are taking. We got a mini Wakanda bewing and its much needed. Heard/read McCaskeys opened their eyes after meeting with Dungy and some former players.

As for the team, team was more competitive than I thought they would be this season.
This last offseason was one of the more brutal rebuilds.

As such, I have low expectations for them again. How many of this current roster will be retained? Hopefully not a lot of offensive linemen (keep Jones and Jenkins), RB room will be different, new TE, new WRs. As for the defense... huge turnover for the front seven.
Given all that, I dont expect a playoff run.....but lets see what Poles can do in the offseason.

Bears control the offseason!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Whats good fellas! Havent been on BGOL in a while. Hope yall been well....

As for the Bears, Im REALLY optimistic about the new direction they are taking. We got a mini Wakanda bewing and its much needed. Heard/read McCaskeys opened their eyes after meeting with Dungy and some former players.

As for the team, team was more competitive than I thought they would be this season.
This last offseason was one of the more brutal rebuilds.

As such, I have low expectations for them again. How many of this current roster will be retained? Hopefully not a lot of offensive linemen (keep Jones and Jenkins), RB room will be different, new TE, new WRs. As for the defense... huge turnover for the front seven.
Given all that, I dont expect a playoff run.....but lets see what Poles can do in the offseason.

Bears control the offseason!

Aye man good to hear from.. I hadn't realized it had been so long, glad to have summoned you back :lol:

Like you said: we gonna be cautiously optimistic (ALWAYS), but the direction of the franchise at this point in time is about as good a foundational starting point that you can have in this league. Besides the sorry record this past season:

- Black President, Black GM, Black Asst GM
(and for all the hell ppl give the McCaskey's over the years -- rightfully so -- they REALLY went above and beyond to make it that way.. especially by including the diversity counsel directly in the searches, from what I've read)
- 1st year staff that took its lumps, installed their systems/philosophy so that going fwd there is a standard.. and they say the jump from year 1 to year 2 is the greatest
- Black DC
- QB going into his 3rd year, still on rookie deal, and will finally have a 2nd year in an offensive system.. instead of having to learn a new offense, he can actually help evolve and teach it
- Most money to spend in Free Agency/ Re-sign players
- No truly horrible long-term contracts after having gotten rid of them last year
- A FULL compliment of draft picks, incl. the #1 Pick which will likely be flipped into MORE picks

As far as our outlook for next season, I think every year is different and anything can happen record-wise.. but I'm looking fwd to the additions and tweaks. It should be fun. "Control the offseason" indeed :cheers:

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's sad to say but paying RB's just don't make sense any more because you can usually get the same production from rookie RB's. Hell when was the last time KC paid a RB? They always draft RB's. The dude from Texas has a first round grade but he will probably be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. There are a few other quality RB's coming out so paying a RB 15 or 16 mil a year is just not going to happen.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
It's sad to say but paying RB's just don't make sense any more because you can usually get the same production from rookie RB's. Hell when was the last time KC paid a RB? They always draft RB's. The dude from Texas has a first round grade but he will probably be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. There are a few other quality RB's coming out so paying a RB 15 or 16 mil a year is just not going to happen.

Facts... I'm not gonna lie though: if Monty dips, I think someone like Barkley or Josh Jacobs would make a HUGE impact on the offense (along with a few OL and run after catch WR).

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Facts... I'm not gonna lie though: if Monty dips, I think someone like Barkley or Josh Jacobs would make a HUGE impact on the offense (along with a few OL and run after catch WR).
The issue is do you want to pay Barkley or Josh Jacobs, it's going to cost you at least 15 million. Yeah I would love to see Barkley in the backfield with Fields, Bears just have so many needs.. Smh!

chitownsfinest

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I really hope Im wrong, but I dont see Justin Fields panning out. Since we dont have the balls to draft a QB at #1, these idiots betta trade down!

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really don’t want to spend NO money on a RB

get one in the later rounds and keep it moving

OVERHAUL that entire defense, I didn’t like anything I saw.

wake me up when they arrive in Arlington heights

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Yeah bruh if you add Payne from Washington and you can get either Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr, that D line would be heavily improved. They just need so much that I don't know if they can make the playoffs. The O line still needs to be upgraded and you need better skill position players like WR's. It all can't be done in one off-season. So hitting on free agency and the draft is going to be super huge for them this off-season but as a Bears fan I'm excited.

Kevin Warren was an excellent hire and I loved what he had to say during his press conference and media tour. I believe Poles is the right guy, still not sold on Eberflus but they were a more discipline team under him. It's new hope for us Chicago Bears fans, everything is in place for us to succeed, #1 pick which could turn into multiple picks and and we have the most money to spend in FA. Man I hope this shit works, I'm tired of losing smh lol.
The D Line is an immediate need and I expect their first pick to go towards addressing it. But depending on how far they trade down Anderson Jr and/or Carter may not be available. So keep these names in mind. At DE Tyree Wilson who's from Texas Tech, Myles Murphy from Clemson and at DT Bryan Bresee from Clemson. Here's hoping that they can also sign either Daron Payne or Dremont Jones.

The issue is do you want to pay Barkley or Josh Jacobs, it's going to cost you at least 15 million. Yeah I would love to see Barkley in the backfield with Fields, Bears just have so many needs.. Smh!
I doubt if Jacobs would cost that much. Hell I'm not even sure if anyone besides the Giants would pay Saquan that much. With that said they'd be better off draftin someone if Montgomery wants too much.