~*~2014 NBA OffSeason Thread - Free Agency Starts - 7/1 12am ~*~

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I really dislike shoot first undersized pg's for one they tend to stifle the offense and they are prone to getting injured, ..

So you don't like Irving then.

Irving is a scary type of player in that he gets injured with no contact. I really wonder (if when a reduced load) if this kid will ever be able to get through a season without missing a lot of time. We'll see right away because he'll definitely be handling the ball a bit less this season.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
So you don't like Irving then.

Irving is a scary type of player in that he gets injured with no contact. I really wonder (if when a reduced load) if this kid will ever be able to get through a season without missing a lot of time. We'll see right away because he'll definitely be handling the ball a bit less this season.

I wasn't a big fan of his style of play, and attributed his injuries to the way he played....
However, the way he is playing in the world cup is the way a true great pg is supposed to play and the way they did before A.I....
Granted,I understand, how hard it is being the play maker guy when you are also the teams best scorer.
But the pg position calls for a team leader, catalyst and someone who is the floor General, lets see if he is connecting the dot by realizing there is more to the pg position than showboating and putting up points..
Also you know I am not the biggest Kobe fan, but in my opinion that stunt he pulled on Beans was low brow and showed his immaturity, and definitely rubbed me the wrong way (after all if LeBron is able to remain humble with Kobe, why does a snot nose brat think he could get in the face of an all time great).
But to his credit Irving has toned it down a whole lot, and it is showing on the court and if the Cavs get this Irving, well they will be very dangerous and even more deadly than the Heat..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
D. Rose was a MVP and top 5 player in the league. Irving will never be as good or have the type of impact that D. Rose had before he blew his knee out. Stop.

I think Irving can be one of the top pg's in the league, as far as Rose goes, his numbers are similar to Irving, slightly better in the scoring, but thats about it..
Also what should be noted is the Bulls were basically the same team with out him, one round in the playoffs and done so until they actually do something bigger in the playoffs, his impact is at best marginal...
Bottom line Rose had one very good season (wouldn't call it great) and the rest of his line is almost identical to Irving, even after the MVP season, and before the horrific injury his numbers were way down from previous season (and a lot closer to his previous average).

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
, as far as Rose goes, his numbers are similar to Irving, slightly better in the scoring, but thats about it..

Stats are useful to a certain extent. Outside of years where he put up amazing assist stats, Zeke doesn't have stats that jump off the screen. However, he controlled games and dominated the flow. He's considered, by most people, the second best PG of all-time. You wouldn't know that by solely looking at his stats though.

Stats in a vacuum don't mean shit. It's the same thing I was trying to explain to you about Kevin Love.

Rose was dominant when he was healthy. He's hasn't played a full season in nearly 3 years though. And it looks like his knees are never going to be right. Chicago got hit again... he's gonna be the basketball version of Gale Sayers.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Stats are useful to a certain extent. Outside of years where he put up amazing assist stats, Zeke doesn't have stats that jump off the screen. However, he controlled games and dominated the flow. He's considered, by most people, the second best PG of all-time. You wouldn't know that by solely looking at his stats though.

Stats in a vacuum don't mean shit. It's the same thing I was trying to explain to you about Kevin Love.

Rose was dominant when he was healthy. He's hasn't played a full season in nearly 3 years though. And it looks like his knees are never going to be right. Chicago got hit again... he's gonna be the basketball version of Gale Sayers.

Zeek did so many things that went under the radar, but he was a pg first, Rose, in my opinion would make a great sg and plays like one.. Besides Zeek did what he did his whole career, while Rose had one great season..

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Zeek did so many things that went under the radar, but he was a pg first, Rose, in my opinion would make a great sg and plays like one.. Besides Zeek did what he did his whole career, while Rose had one great season..

Rose is not a true PG. I'm not comparing them in terms of PG abilities. What I'm talking about is that impact is not always easily discerned in stats. At his best, Rose was a top 5 player in the entire league. Not only will Irving never win an MVP, he'll never be a MVP candidate.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Rose is not a true PG. I'm not comparing them in terms of PG abilities. What I'm talking about is that impact is not always easily discerned in stats. At his best, Rose was a top 5 player in the entire league. Not only will Irving never win an MVP, he'll never be a MVP candidate.

You're right about Rose. He isn't a true PG.

I think Roadrage brings up and interesting point about the Bulls: They were still a 50-win team without Rose. A team you didn't want to face in the playoffs. Irving has never had the luxury of playing with such a squad. The Bulls coach is also a pretty good coach.

Shit. When cats kept talking about the Bulls, I was :lol: I thought it was team Rose. But they played like they didn't miss a fucking beat.

What is Rose's impact on the league if he played for the Cavs' teams Irving had to deal with? Would he just be putting up Kevin Love numbers in the east?

I know Rose is a superior athlete to Kyrie, but we never seen Kyrie play with what Rose had to work with. Never.

And Rose was hyped into that MVP. It was like the year prior when they hyped Wade into the race.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Yes Rosehad a good year, but his career up to this poi.t has been less than spectacular. I hear what you are saying about Irving not winning a MVP, because unless your name isn't Nash with his skin color, I seriously doubt if a pg is going to be taken seriously for doing what he is supposed to do. But on the right team I feel that Irving is capable of averaging 25 pts while having prime Rose like numbers, but if he want to ein championships, and stay healthy, Irving is better off trading scoring for whats best for the team.. in other words be more like Zeek and less like Rose.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Not sure if these dudes are feeling themselves after yesterday, but they look bad today

Pooh is about to take over in the second half though

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're right about Rose. He isn't a true PG.

I think Roadrage brings up and interesting point about the Bulls: They were still a 50-win team without Rose. A team you didn't want to face in the playoffs. Irving has never had the luxury of playing with such a squad. The Bulls coach is also a pretty good coach.

Shit. When cats kept talking about the Bulls, I was :lol: I thought it was team Rose. But they played like they didn't miss a fucking beat.

What is Rose's impact on the league if he played for the Cavs' teams Irving had to deal with? Would he just be putting up Kevin Love numbers in the east?

I know Rose is a superior athlete to Kyrie, but we never seen Kyrie play with what Rose had to work with. Never.

And Rose was hyped into that MVP. It was like the year prior when they hyped Wade into the race.

I know Cleveland hasn't won shit ever

But u guys are losers and will forever be losers

Kyrie is Kevin love 2.0

Yea he can shoot and dribble

But can he lead and show heart?

Nope

Pooh woulda been checked Deon

U never hear about NOBODY in the bulls org shit on pooh

He got that Organation by the balls

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Rose continues to look like shit.

If the US doesn't win this, Rose will be a key factor in causing that shit! Was ONCE a great player, but now, a shell of the MVP player. Please, stop referring to that shit too... THAT player doesn't suit up for the Bulls anymore. No way he should still be playing and Lillard not... fucking joke... :smh:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Welp, it finally happened. Kyrie took a fall in the game against Ukraine. Who the fuck knows with him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...ers-hip-injury-after-fall-in-team-usa-blowout

Just sit down and let Rose play.

You noticed he got hurt challenging the big men in the paint while going full speed... I noticed since Iverson every small fast guard thinks that shit is part of the game... Sure it looks cool, on highlight reels, and your statistical scoring would increase but the backlash to that is that there are more and more injuries to them...
Irving has no business doing that shit on team usa or the Cavs mainly because there are enough drivers, with size and the bodies to do the dirty work instead..
To me this is why bad teams always seem to be more injury prone, due to the fact that they have stars doing way too much shit, and often playing out of their game...
Rose, Westbrook, Rondo also take note..

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can understand the rust on offense,but other guards have gone right past him...

I've watched most of team USA games and it looks like dude has been second guessing himself a lot on the court. I don't know if its physical or mental but watching that injury to Paul George might be fucking with his psyche.

Everyone is predicting the Bulls to be the second best or the best team in the East with Rose back but I don't see it if dude is playing like this :smh:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
:lol: of course you would say sit and let Rose play. You know Rose is just as prone.:lol:

Rather be the rival team than your team, right?

I'm just joking with you.

I caught the tail end of them discussing this on sports talk and had to sit the fuck down. They made it sound much worse than it was.

Kyrie is so fucking fragile man. :smh:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
You noticed he got hurt challenging the big men in the paint while going full speed... I noticed since Iverson every small fast guard thinks that shit is part of the game... Sure it looks cool, on highlight reels, and your statistical scoring would increase but the backlash to that is that there are more and more injuries to them...
Irving has no business doing that shit on team usa or the Cavs mainly because there are enough drivers, with size and the bodies to do the dirty work instead..
To me this is why bad teams always seem to be more injury prone, due to the fact that they have stars doing way too much shit, and often playing out of their game...
Rose, Westbrook, Rondo also take note..

Kyrie needs to go take some Ju Jitsu classes and learn how to fucking fall. That cat could get hurt in a fucking bouncy house at a kid's birthday party.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I think K was forced to keep Rose, in part to get his confidence up and the other to get back in playing shape

There's no way he should have be on the team over Lillard and Wall

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
I think K was forced to keep Rose, in part to get his confidence up and the other to get back in playing shape

2565863-3853767-4957010%2B_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390.png

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

You might be right. I also believe he was 'forced' to start Rose. People were hyping Rose like he was a god. If he starts Kyrie from the jump, he is accused of Duke favoritism.

Shit, the media still hyping Rose. They want to build him up so they can tear him down. :smh: It's really the only story for FIBA.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Remember Wall's comments after he was first cut. Now we see where his comments were directed.

Lillard didn't say shit. He is just happy for the opportunity. He's probably like shit, after Paul George I can enjoy the rest of my summer before the season.

Wall knew he never had a fair shot.

Derrick Rose is also the biggest name on the team. With Lebron and KD out they don't want it to look like the b team. Even though this is some meaningless made up tournament.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Kyrie needs to go take some Ju Jitsu classes and learn how to fucking fall. That cat could get hurt in a fucking bouncy house at a kid's birthday party.

They all do that shit, Wade, Rondo, Westbrook, Kyle, Rose and when Kobe started doing it at his late age, I knew he was going to get injured also..
These mother fuckers be wearing all types of pads, thinking that is going to help them going all out jumping up in the air challenging the trees in the paint
P.G.'s need to go back to play like one, instead of trying to play like small forwards..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Damion Lillard is a better Point guard right now than either John wall and D.Rose.
This team is starved for star power and house hold names, so you can't kill them for taking Rose.. Besides they should still win anyways...

daman200

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This team is starved for star power and house hold names, so you can't kill them for taking Rose.. Besides they should still win anyways...

I agree with that statement sir...they should win.

Derrick rose is a star name and a more flashier player....but D.Lillard is a great point guard.