13,000+ Haitian migrants cross into Texas

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Good job Tariq.:rolleyes:

How is this "neo-Nazi"?

Someone saying:

Why did black Americans run from the South and now running back to South again.
You muthafuckas get gentrified so often, it should be an official holiday this point.

sounds far more neo-Nazi to me. :hmm:

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Sunny Hostin trying to blame Trump for what’s going on now. I didn’t hear her say anything about Jim Crow Joe.

Also, Michele Obama is now trying to get voters ready for mid term elections. This tells me how she looks at you. All you good 4 is be used, abused and sent somewhere.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sunny Hostin trying to blame Trump for what’s going on now. I didn’t hear her say anything about Jim Crow Joe.

Also, Michele Obama is now trying to get voters ready for mid term elections. This tells me how she looks at you. All you good 4 is be used, abused and sent somewhere.
BGOL 2022 Midterms is in a few months

what u gonna be doing ?

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

RE: Border Security. I have refrained from saying these things because I know they sound crazy, but I cannot just sit and say nothing. Remember some months ago when Border Patrol was so overwhelmed by unaccompanied children and the conditions were horrible? Remember how I

2) took a trip out to AZ and TX to witness for myself. Now we see the same going on in Del Rio, TX. In the beginning of the Del Rio crisis, CBP claimed Border Patrol was caught off guard. Really? Border Patrol/CBP have excellent intelligence on the movement of large groups of

3) migrants. There is no way they did not know about this group. Now today, Fox News says Border Patrol claims they warned Biden about the group in June. So which is it? Did they know or didn’t they? What I see going on, from an intelligence and operational point of view, is

4) CBP and Border Patrol management playing politics with migrant lives. Truthfully, they have always done this, but not on this scale. Even during the Trump administration, agents admitted to me that they were told to intentionally slow walk the processing to create the

5) overcrowded conditions we saw that led to record in custody deaths, deaths of children. They wanted to make the border look as out of control as possible to get Trump’s harshest policies through. Now they are making the fact that we have large groups of migrants coming to

6) our southern border worse with a variety of tactics. They want the border to look out of control to make this administration look bad on border security. Notice how they blocked most other outlets except Fox News from filming here. Notice how they just simply closed down the

7) the crossing point Haitians were using. They had enough manpower before to do it. Last night, Mexican immigration started rounding up Haitians, forcing them on buses and sending them to Chiapas. Now the former Chief of Border Patrol sent a letter to congressional members

8) warning of imminent terrorist threats from these crises. Something’s coming. I don’t know if it’s that some National Guard kid is going to end up shooting or some militia guy maybe, but something is going to break. This will end soon, and the Border Patrol will be onto the

9) next catastrophe to gain political points. And frankly, I don’t think Biden understands that these people are not on his team. We are playing with people’s lives here just to score political points. These are human beings.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

Just so we are clear......

They temporarily suspended BP on horses. Not abolish. Second, they said nothing about the use of whips. Zero. So, technically it's OK to whips Haitians while on foot, but not on horseback.

Ok. I get it.

Doreen-DemsinKenteCloth.jpg

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Biden Is Becoming the Heir to Trump’s Border Racism

Some images burn themselves into the brain. In this one, a U.S. Border Patrol agent on horseback lashes a whip near the face of a Haitian migrant; Reuters reports he later grabbed a man by the shirt. The migrants on our border are fleeing poverty and political chaos; they seek the same future we all want for ourselves. They have found a violent welcome in Joe Biden’s America. Asked to comment on the use of whips by border agents, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said she did not think “anyone seeing that footage would think it was acceptable or appropriate.”

This is parental rhetoric, the language a person uses to express disappointment in a misbehaved child. The agent on horseback offers a more accurate depiction of the Biden administration’s position on immigration. In at least one respect, Biden differs little from his hated predecessor, Donald Trump.

As the Associated Press reports, the administration’s mass expulsions of migrants are possible because Biden left a Trump policy partially intact. That policy, introduced by Trump in March of last year, citing COVID, “allows for migrants to be immediately removed from the country without an opportunity to seek asylum.” Biden did make one adjustment to the rule: He exempted unaccompanied migrant children from its strictures. In lieu of broader, and more humane, reform, Biden’s decision looks like a capitulation to political optics, rather than a real desire to rectify the outrages of the Trump era. Biden fixed the policy that caused the most public outrage. All other migrants, however, remain vulnerable.

It’s an outcome some migrants advocates may have predicted. Biden, after all, served as Barack Obama’s vice-president, making him complicit in that administration’s similar efforts to deport people en masse. When protesters with RAICES Action disrupted a Democratic debate in February 2020, they targeted some ire directly at Biden himself. “You deported 3 million people,” one shouted when Biden began to speak.

The protesters highlighted a crucial question about Biden: He said he wanted to build America back better, but for whom? For immigrants and their advocates, a Biden presidency was a risky bet.

The Obama administration’s record on deportations underscores the degree to which immigration restrictionism, and the xenophobia that informs it, are bipartisan sins. The Democratic Party wanted voters to believe that the cruelty of the Trump White House was partisan in character. Reject Trump, and the GOP with him, and a different future awaited the nation. But that future, it’s clear, is exclusionary. If Biden ever believed immigration could enrich America, that the right to asylum is sacrosanct, that America owes anything at all to the human beings seeking shelter at her border, it’s not evident. Indeed, the administration increased deportation flights as outcry gathered in Haitian diaspora communities in cities like Miami.

“Our policy approach to Haiti remains deeply flawed, and my recommendations have been ignored and dismissed,” Daniel Foote wrote to Secretary of State Antony Blinken in a letter resigning his job as the U.S. special envoy for Haiti. “I will not be associated with the United States’ inhumane, counterproductive decision to deport thousands of Haitian refugees and illegal immigrants to Haiti, a country where American officials are confined to secure compounds because of the dangers posed by armed gangs in control of daily life.”

Biden, meanwhile, appears unconcerned, both about the optics of his policy and the fate awaiting the Haitians he drives away. Perhaps he thinks voters won’t care about the Haitians, that his collapsing approval rating will sink even lower if he shows mercy at the border. No one should ever underestimate the racism animating much of American society; Trump won, in part, because he was the sort of person who would call Haiti a “shithole country.” But it’s moral cowardice to allow racism to dictate policy. The images taken at the southern border distill immigration restrictionism to its purest essence. The Biden White House is the hand that wields the whip. Better to take that whip and burn it. They want a measure of peace, a crumb of prosperity. To play a part in the nation Biden says he wants to build. It’s not much to ask.

If Biden cares to distinguish himself from Trump, he’ll heed his critics and reverse the deportation policy he’s left in place. Until he does, he is keeping Trump’s legacy alive. The result shames Biden, and shames us, too.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At the end, she talks about people understanding the immigration process. :hmm: I swear there was a ranting, orange cocksucker said the same shit. But when he did, it was xenophobic and racist.

The jokes write themselves with the hypocrisy of this administration.
Shit is a storm of shit.

that orange man hasn’t been in charge in 3 years.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

RE: Border Security. I have refrained from saying these things because I know they sound crazy, but I cannot just sit and say nothing. Remember some months ago when Border Patrol was so overwhelmed by unaccompanied children and the conditions were horrible? Remember how I

2) took a trip out to AZ and TX to witness for myself. Now we see the same going on in Del Rio, TX. In the beginning of the Del Rio crisis, CBP claimed Border Patrol was caught off guard. Really? Border Patrol/CBP have excellent intelligence on the movement of large groups of

3) migrants. There is no way they did not know about this group. Now today, Fox News says Border Patrol claims they warned Biden about the group in June. So which is it? Did they know or didn’t they? What I see going on, from an intelligence and operational point of view, is

4) CBP and Border Patrol management playing politics with migrant lives. Truthfully, they have always done this, but not on this scale. Even during the Trump administration, agents admitted to me that they were told to intentionally slow walk the processing to create the

5) overcrowded conditions we saw that led to record in custody deaths, deaths of children. They wanted to make the border look as out of control as possible to get Trump’s harshest policies through. Now they are making the fact that we have large groups of migrants coming to

6) our southern border worse with a variety of tactics. They want the border to look out of control to make this administration look bad on border security. Notice how they blocked most other outlets except Fox News from filming here. Notice how they just simply closed down the

7) the crossing point Haitians were using. They had enough manpower before to do it. Last night, Mexican immigration started rounding up Haitians, forcing them on buses and sending them to Chiapas. Now the former Chief of Border Patrol sent a letter to congressional members

8) warning of imminent terrorist threats from these crises. Something’s coming. I don’t know if it’s that some National Guard kid is going to end up shooting or some militia guy maybe, but something is going to break. This will end soon, and the Border Patrol will be onto the

9) next catastrophe to gain political points. And frankly, I don’t think Biden understands that these people are not on his team. We are playing with people’s lives here just to score political points. These are human beings.

Makes sense....somebody has to be coordinating this shit for masses of people to just show up at the border at seemingly the most politically inconvenient times

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Dictatorship Masked As Democracy: A Timeline Of The 1915 U.S Invasion And Occupation Of Haiti
Haiti’s independence in 1804 was a successful fight against foreign powers. But after the 1915 U.S invasion and occupation of Haiti, it fell into the hands of a different kind of dictator.

The United States’ relationship with Haiti is far from democratic. To understand it, you have to take a look at the history.
In the late 1800s Haiti, like so many other lands inhabited by Black and brown people, was under constant threat from western world invasion. France, Germany, and the U.S. all wanted a footprint on the island, as it was a means to secure a military and economic stronghold in the West Indies.

Early Haiti Before 1492
The island of Haiti was rich with tradition before it was colonized by Spain. Around 2,600 BC Haiti saw some of its first settlers from South America arrive on small boats made from hand. Hundreds of years later around 250 BC, the Arawaks roamed Haiti’s shores. The American Indians created a complex culture filled with elaborate pottery, rigged villages, trade networks, and advanced agricultural techniques not known to the western world. A subgroup of Arawaks known as the Taino would inhabit not only the islands of Haiti, but also Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas. In 1492, the Taino people would be the first indigenous people to encounter Christopher Columbus when he arrived on their shores that December. Columbus and his men also brought Old World diseases that the indigenous had never encountered and therefore had no immunity to. The Spanish also slaughtered, sexually abused, and oppressed many of the Taino, making them slaves and eventually killing them off altogether.
Spain would go on to claim the entire island, naming it Hispaniola and constructing settlements on its eastern coast.

In 1697, the Spanish and French signed the Treaty of Ryswick, which gave France the western third of the island. This split the island into what is known today as Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The French would name their portion of the island Saint-Domingue. By the 18th century, sugar, coffee, cotton, indigo, and cocoa were the main exports coming from Saint-Domingue (Haiti). This began the rise of the slave trade as slaves were brought to the island to work the plantations.

In 1789, Saint-Domingue produced 60% of the world’s coffee and 40% of the sugar imported by France and Britain. It was one of the most profitable French colonies in the world at the time.

But the slave population outnumbered whites almost eight to one. This was a recipe for rebellion.

Slaves rebelled and in 1791 the Haitian Revolution would begin. Self-liberated slaves led by François-Dominique Toussaint Louverture fought the French and won their independence in 1804. The revolution was the only slave uprising that led to the founding of a state. It was also slave-free and ruled by people of color. The effects of the revolution were also felt in the United States. A successful slave revolution got the attention of many white slave owners in the Americas.

This leads us to the United States’ involvement in Haiti and how their actions have led to a lot of the modern-day issues we see with the island. Like most of the rest of the Western world, the U.S saw Haiti as means to gain an economic and military advantage over the rest of the world. They used Haiti’s political instability as justification to invade then occupy.

A Timeline Of The 1915 U.S Invasion And Occupation Of Haiti:
  • In 1868, President Andrew Johnson suggested the annexation of Haiti and the Dominican Republic, to secure a U.S. defensive and economic stake in the West Indies.
  • In 1910, President William Howard Taft gave Haiti a loan to pay off its international debt. The attempt failed because of instability in government and the country’s debt was too large.
  • Between 1911 and 1915, seven presidents were assassinated or overthrown in Haiti, causing even more instability in the region. :eek2:
  • In December of 1914, President Woodrow Wilson sent U.S. Marines into Haiti to remove $500,000 from the Haitian National Bank to a bank in New York. This gave the United States government control of their bank. The Wilson administration said it was for safekeeping because the country was so unstable.
  • After Haitian President Jean Vilbrun Guillaume Sam is assassinated in 1915, President Wilson sent U.S. Marines to Haiti to protect U.S. assets in the area and prevent a possible German invasion.
  • The invasion ended with the Haitian-American Treaty of 1915
  • The treaty gave the U.S. complete control over Haitian finances, and the right to intervene in Haiti whenever the U.S. Government deemed necessary.
  • The U.S. would slowly take over Haitian institutions. President Wilson would also try to rewrite the Constitution of Haiti, but would ultimately fail in that task.
  • The agreement also created the Haitian Gendarmerie, a military force made up of U.S. citizens and Haitians, but controlled by the U.S. The Gendarmerie’s policies were very unpopular among the Haitian people. They included racial segregation, press censorship, as well as forced labor.
  • The Gendarmerie’s policies led to a peasant rebellion from 1919 to 1920.
  • In 1929 more strikes and uprisings would lead the United States to begin withdrawal from Haiti.
(Original Caption) 10/7/1915-Photo shows the Proclamation of American control in Port-au-Prince (Haitian occupation by U.S.) | Source: Bettmann / Getty

The occupation stifled Haiti’s economy and just about crippled the country. Over 15,000 Haitians were killed. Haiti’s loan debt to the U.S. was about twenty percent of the nation’s annual revenue. That debt made it extremely difficult for Haiti to develop its country. It also staggered the advancement of technologies that would help Haitians fight against natural disasters and epidemics. The U.S. also dismantled Haiti’s liberal arts education it adopted from the French and changed it to more vocational training. This left Haitian public schools in disarray.

Haiti’s independence in 1804 was a successful fight against foreign powers. But then it fell into the hands of a different kind of dictator. The kind that makes you believe he’s there to aid you in your independence, but instead he’s there to rob you of it.

Racial capitalism and white supremacy led the U.S. to try to remake Haiti in its image instead of allowing people to that image from themselves, an idea Haiti still struggles with today.

Now Black Haitians identify more with the struggle of Black Americans than they do with their island brothers in the Dominican Republic. :rolleyes2:

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dictatorship Masked As Democracy: A Timeline Of The 1915 U.S Invasion And Occupation Of Haiti
Haiti’s independence in 1804 was a successful fight against foreign powers. But after the 1915 U.S invasion and occupation of Haiti, it fell into the hands of a different kind of dictator.

The United States’ relationship with Haiti is far from democratic. To understand it, you have to take a look at the history.
In the late 1800s Haiti, like so many other lands inhabited by Black and brown people, was under constant threat from western world invasion. France, Germany, and the U.S. all wanted a footprint on the island, as it was a means to secure a military and economic stronghold in the West Indies.

Early Haiti Before 1492
The island of Haiti was rich with tradition before it was colonized by Spain. Around 2,600 BC Haiti saw some of its first settlers from South America arrive on small boats made from hand. Hundreds of years later around 250 BC, the Arawaks roamed Haiti’s shores. The American Indians created a complex culture filled with elaborate pottery, rigged villages, trade networks, and advanced agricultural techniques not known to the western world. A subgroup of Arawaks known as the Taino would inhabit not only the islands of Haiti, but also Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas. In 1492, the Taino people would be the first indigenous people to encounter Christopher Columbus when he arrived on their shores that December. Columbus and his men also brought Old World diseases that the indigenous had never encountered and therefore had no immunity to. The Spanish also slaughtered, sexually abused, and oppressed many of the Taino, making them slaves and eventually killing them off altogether.
Spain would go on to claim the entire island, naming it Hispaniola and constructing settlements on its eastern coast.

In 1697, the Spanish and French signed the Treaty of Ryswick, which gave France the western third of the island. This split the island into what is known today as Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The French would name their portion of the island Saint-Domingue. By the 18th century, sugar, coffee, cotton, indigo, and cocoa were the main exports coming from Saint-Domingue (Haiti). This began the rise of the slave trade as slaves were brought to the island to work the plantations.

In 1789, Saint-Domingue produced 60% of the world’s coffee and 40% of the sugar imported by France and Britain. It was one of the most profitable French colonies in the world at the time.

But the slave population outnumbered whites almost eight to one. This was a recipe for rebellion.

Slaves rebelled and in 1791 the Haitian Revolution would begin. Self-liberated slaves led by François-Dominique Toussaint Louverture fought the French and won their independence in 1804. The revolution was the only slave uprising that led to the founding of a state. It was also slave-free and ruled by people of color. The effects of the revolution were also felt in the United States. A successful slave revolution got the attention of many white slave owners in the Americas.

This leads us to the United States’ involvement in Haiti and how their actions have led to a lot of the modern-day issues we see with the island. Like most of the rest of the Western world, the U.S saw Haiti as means to gain an economic and military advantage over the rest of the world. They used Haiti’s political instability as justification to invade then occupy.

• In 1868, President Andrew Johnson suggested the annexation of Haiti and the Dominican Republic, to secure a U.S. defensive and economic stake in the West Indies.
  • In 1910, President William Howard Taft gave Haiti a loan to pay off its international debt. The attempt failed because of instability in government and the country’s debt was too large.
  • Between 1911 and 1915, seven presidents were assassinated or overthrown in Haiti, causing even more instability in the region. :eek2:
  • In December of 1914, President Woodrow Wilson sent U.S. Marines into Haiti to remove $500,000 from the Haitian National Bank to a bank in New York. This gave the United States government control of their bank. The Wilson administration said it was for safekeeping because the country was so unstable.
  • After Haitian President Jean Vilbrun Guillaume Sam is assassinated in 1915, President Wilson sent U.S. Marines to Haiti to protect U.S. assets in the area and prevent a possible German invasion.
  • The treaty gave the U.S. complete control over Haitian finances, and the right to intervene in Haiti whenever the U.S. Government deemed necessary.
  • The U.S. would slowly take over Haitian institutions. President Wilson would also try to rewrite the Constitution of Haiti, but would ultimately fail in that task.
  • The agreement also created the Haitian Gendarmerie, a military force made up of U.S. citizens and Haitians, but controlled by the U.S. The Gendarmerie’s policies were very unpopular among the Haitian people. They included racial segregation, press censorship, as well as forced labor.
  • In 1929 more strikes and uprisings would lead the United States to begin withdrawal from Haiti.
(Original Caption) 10/7/1915-Photo shows the Proclamation of American control in Port-au-Prince (Haitian occupation by U.S.) | Source: Bettmann / Getty

The occupation stifled Haiti’s economy and just about crippled the country. Over 15,000 Haitians were killed. Haiti’s loan debt to the U.S. was about twenty percent of the nation’s annual revenue. That debt made it extremely difficult for Haiti to develop its country. It also staggered the advancement of technologies that would help Haitians fight against natural disasters and epidemics. The U.S. also dismantled Haiti’s liberal arts education it adopted from the French and changed it to more vocational training. This left Haitian public schools in disarray.

Haiti’s independence in 1804 was a successful fight against foreign powers. But then it fell into the hands of a different kind of dictator. The kind that makes you believe he’s there to aid you in your independence, but instead he’s there to rob you of it.

Racial capitalism and white supremacy led the U.S. to try to remake Haiti in its image instead of allowing people to that image from themselves, an idea Haiti still struggles with today.

Now Black Haitians identify more with the struggle of Black Americans than they do with their island brothers in the Dominican Republic. :rolleyes2:

Good job with this. The ones that don't know needs to know.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Nobody was getting whipped.

Jesus Christ. Are you serious??

The photographer said, "I didn't SEE anyone getting whipped." Do you think they would continue whipping people in front of the cameras.

And besides that, the fact remains that they were using whips as a deterrent.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Early Haiti Before 1492

Woodrow...