(updated) Kobe Bryant Estate and Nike have reached deal to continue a partnership

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Kobe brand does not make as much money as the Jordan brand.
But ok. I hear what you are saying. If I was Nike I would not have let go of the Kobe brand right now.
So Vanessa is the reason. Point blank period.

That's bullshit though. Nike knows Kobe is profitable....and what Nike won't pay someone else will. Make no mistake.

MJ isn't dead but since retiring he became less and less visible....yet he's product are still profitable....KOBE the brand is going to be popular long after his death. If he wasn't Nike wouldn't have even tried to negotiate.

2missedcalls

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Niggas wear Jordan’s to look good on the court(fags)

Like Kobe?

You’re truly retarded if you believe that!
Kobe was wearing those uncomfortable boats with the Jumpman logo on them because he was awaiting his signature shoe deal with Nike.
Once Zoom Kobe 1 came out it was a wrap on comfort/performance for kicks.
Kobe IVs are more comfortable than any of those Blister Busters y’all call Jordans.

After repping Adidas for the first six years of his career, Bryant paid $8 million to get out of his contract with the brand and spent the 2002-’03 NBA season as a “sneaker free agent.” As he mulled over the next company he’d join, Bryant played in every sneaker imaginable — from Nike Air Force 1s and Air Flight Huaraches to AND1 Desires, Reebok Questions, Converse Weapons and a slew of Air Jordans, including “True Blue” 3s, Chrome low-top 6s, “Concord” 11s, as well as “French Blue” and “Flint Grey” 12s.

So he had a choice to wear whatever he wanted and chose those "fag shoes"? They suited him well.
ce9d6ef8af2f2ee14b3f5b85ee432f9b.png

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I don't think so... The NBA owns the video/photo footage of ALL of Kobe's games. I assume the logo would be based on a still image of Kobe playing, just as the current logo is based on a still image of Jerry West. They may have consulted with her beforehand, out of respect, but they wouldn't have to negotiate any financial terms.

Nah, thats why the NBA never officially stated that it was Jerry West.

The moment you start using the person's name to sell a product, they are entitled to a cut.

So yeah the NBA could use a Kobe silhouette, but the moment they say its Kobe's silhouette, Vanessa is entitled to a cut.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Kobe brand does not make as much money as the Jordan brand.
But ok. I hear what you are saying. If I was Nike I would not have let go of the Kobe brand right now.
So Vanessa is the reason. Point blank period.
Oh naw it don't make as much as Jordan....but if Nike is looking for that next Jordan Brand...it ain't none of these new guys right now...it would have to be Lebron who they have already or Kobe. I think they have high hypes for Zion but he's nowhere near there.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Oh naw it don't make as much as Jordan....but if Nike is looking for that next Jordan Brand...it ain't none of these new guys right now...it would have to be Lebron who they have already or Kobe. I think they have high hypes for Zion but he's nowhere near there.

Zion is handled by Jordan brand.

He's got no shot.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
Don’t take this the wrong way but you probably will.

But you’re exactly wrong. Jordan’s are actually performance basketball shoes. They used Nike’s latest and greatest technology each year and were made to be the best basketball shoes on the market.

They were just stylish so most didn’t wear them to actually play basketball in. But from 1985 to present, they were made to be the best basketball shoes performance wise on the market.

Those are the facts and can’t really be argued.

Fam, they only used the latest tech in the soles then strapped 25lbs of leather on top of them shits.
Every pair of J’s ive ever hopped in(3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 18)gave me blisters.
I slowly, but eventually learned my lesson and started hooping in only Kobe’s, PGs, Kyries, KDs, Brons, and of course hyperdunks.
Last time I hooped in Mikes was 2005.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
Like Kobe?

After repping Adidas for the first six years of his career, Bryant paid $8 million to get out of his contract with the brand and spent the 2002-’03 NBA season as a “sneaker free agent.” As he mulled over the next company he’d join, Bryant played in every sneaker imaginable — from Nike Air Force 1s and Air Flight Huaraches to AND1 Desires, Reebok Questions, Converse Weapons and a slew of Air Jordans, including “True Blue” 3s, Chrome low-top 6s, “Concord” 11s, as well as “French Blue” and “Flint Grey” 12s.

So he had a choice to wear whatever he wanted and chose those "fag shoes"? They suited him well.
ce9d6ef8af2f2ee14b3f5b85ee432f9b.png

If you think I live and die by Kobe, you’re sadly mistaken. I give no shits that that coon was dressing like a fag.
A good performing shoe is a good performing shoe, and I’d choose any of the Nike Kobe line to hoop in over any Jordan made before the 31.​

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Fam, they only used the latest tech in the soles then strapped 25lbs of leather on top of them shits.
Every pair of J’s ive ever hopped in(3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 18)gave me blisters.
I slowly, but eventually learned my lesson and started hooping in only Kobe’s, PGs, Kyries, KDs, Brons, and of course hyperdunks.

Bruh I don’t doubt your experience but it might just be your feet?

Jordan’s were always the latest and best technology Nike had to offer and its still that way to this day.

The Air Jordan is their flagship model and were designed for the best player in the world.

Trust me I believe your experience, but Jordan’s were designed to play basketball in.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
You’re a part of the “Hilarious BGOL” because we do know because the information is here.

“According to a source, Bryant and the estate had grown frustrated with Nike limiting the availability of Kobe products during his retirement and after his January 2020 death in a helicopter crash. There was also frustration with the lack of availability of Kobe footwear in kids' sizes, according to sources.
“According to a source, Bryant and the estate had grown frustrated with Nike limiting the availability of Kobe products during his retirement and after his January 2020 death in a helicopter crash. There was also frustration with the lack of availability of Kobe footwear in kids' sizes, according to sources.

Nike, sources said, had presented an extension offer that was not in line with expectations of an ongoing "lifetime" structure similar to the Nike Inc. contracts held by both Michael Jordan and LeBron James”.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ryant-estate-elect-not-renew-partnership-nike

Man people act like Nike is the authority for making money. They not. She can make money with any brand, company or alone. She don't need them, they need her. Greatest Laker to ever play? Champion? Allstar? And unlike some dude said on here Kobe is adored around the WORLD. The World. Not just LA. Dude, Mamba, OUT!

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I keep me a pair of Brons :yes:

Butter Soft

:itsawrap:

Bruh I don’t doubt your experience but it might just be your feet?

Jordan’s were always the latest and best technology Nike had to offer and its still that way to this day.

The Air Jordan is their flagship model and were designed for the best player in the world.

Trust me I believe your experience, but Jordan’s were designed to play basketball in.

He's actually correct. :dunno: most Jordans weren't that comfortable for hooping despite what player they were designed for.

Did they have some comfortable pairs? they did. The jordans were for looks on and off court.

When i was growing up More dope boys had Jordans than actual Ball players. :dunno:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I keep me a pair of Brons :yes:

Butter Soft

He's actually correct. :dunno: most Jordans weren't that comfortable for hooping despite what player they were designed for.

Did they have some comfortable pairs? they did. The jordans were for looks on and off court.

When i was growing up More dope boys had Jordans than actual Ball players. :dunno:

Again, with all due respect he’s actually wrong.

Lebron’s shoes are more step-in comfortable because they’re designed with maximum cushioning for a 250-270 pound man. Lebron needs the cushioning for his weight and the way that he moves.

I figured Zion’s should would’ve been made with lots of cushioning also but that’s a different story.

Again, he commented on the cushioning in a pair of Jordan 12’s. That’s one of if not the most cushioned Jordan’s ever with full length Zoom. Kevin Durant’s models 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 14 still feature full length Zoom 25 years later. That shows the comfort level and innovation.

The Jordan’s were made for basketball, but obviously they wanted them to look good. But they were made for function over fashion and Lobe had the same approach to his shoes.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Again, with all due respect he’s actually wrong.

Lebron’s shoes are more step-in comfortable because they’re designed with maximum cushioning for a 250-270 pound man. Lebron needs the cushioning for his weight and the way that he moves.

I figured Zion’s should would’ve been made with lots of cushioning also but that’s a different story.

Again, he commented on the cushioning in a pair of Jordan 12’s. That’s one of if not the most cushioned Jordan’s ever with full length Zoom. Kevin Durant’s models 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 14 still feature full length Zoom 25 years later. That shows the comfort level and innovation.

The Jordan’s were made for basketball, but obviously they wanted them to look good. But they were made for function over fashion and Lobe had the same approach to his shoes.
I'm speaking from experience ain't too many pairs of OG Jordans I haven't owned.

And take notice you keep specifically mentioning 1 pair or Jordans.

I arrest my case :dunno:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm speaking from experience ain't too many pairs of OG Jordans I haven't owned.

And take notice you keep specifically mentioning 1 pair or Jordans.

I arrest my case :dunno:

I mentioned the 12’s because that’s one of the three or so pairs pictured when he commented. :dunno: It was such an off base comment that it stood out.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

43024938-9582275-image-a-2_1621093290457.jpg

43024932-9582275-image-a-4_1621093337037.jpg

43004884-9580755-image-a-171_1621029729654.jpg

43004886-9580755-image-a-192_1621030325487.jpg
43006380-9580755-image-a-182_1621030000666.jpg

43004876-9580755-Golden_His_Oscar_winning_animated_short_film_Dear_Basketball_wil-a-5_1621033688938.jpg

43006374-9580755-image-a-183_1621030004198.jpg

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
They have an air bag in the heel so yes, in 1985 they were comfortable and made for basketball.

PerfectingAJI_Hangtag3-1-1080x720.jpg

Breh...
And this coming from a guy that owns over 300 pairs of Jordans mostly 1-13 , I hear you that the shoe at that time was cutting edge and probably the most technologically advanced shoe for ball players, I have to agree with @God Dammit and @Backshot Bully tho, a majority of the Jordans are uncomfortable as fuck, especially the 1's, 3's, 9's. I wish Nike incorporated whatever tech they use in the React 87's in the Jordans. When I ball and that is not often anymore I prefer Kyries over any other shoe.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Breh...
And this coming from a guy that owns over 300 pairs of Jordans mostly 1-13 , I hear you that the shoe at that time was cutting edge and probably the most technologically advanced shoe for ball players, I have to agree with @God Dammit and @Backshot Bully tho, a majority of the Jordans are uncomfortable as fuck, especially the 1's, 3's, 9's. I wish Nike incorporated whatever tech they use in the React 87's in the Jordans. When I ball and that is not often anymore I prefer Kyries over any other shoe.

Bruh, as someone who owns over 500 pairs of shoes. Because I refuse to actually count them so we’ll just say 500 so that I don’t smh if it’s 600.

Jordan’s were made to play basketball in.

To my knowledge I didn’t say all Jordan’s were comfortable, I said they were the flagship model and had all of the technology to be the best basketball shoe.

Also one of the posters you mentioned stated that these two shoes were “Boats”.

15-kobe-bryant-air-jordan-12-flint-grey.jpg

hemoouvovhfre5wwgmyr.jpg

When they’re actually one of the most cushioned Jordan’s. I wasn’t speaking about comfort and cushioning, I stated that they were made to play basketball in.

As far as today’s shoes, The new Jordan’s are more cushioned than Kyrie’s :dunno: But not more cushioned than Lebron’s.

And no I’m not talking about newly released retro Jordan’s.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Breh...

I can tell he obviously don't own any J's or never played ball in them or this wouldn't even be a argument, I think it's both.

Some Jordans aren't even comfortable to walk in. That's why I let it go and didn't even argue with him.

I'm talking from experience and he talking cutting edge designs and shit like a Foot Locker Associate with some Adidas on their feet trying to sell me a pair of Jordans .

He gotta be one of those people that bought into the commercial hype that if you wear Jordans somehow it's gonna elevate ya hoop game.

If you suck, You suck Jordans can't help.

One must not forgot that Nike always dealt with the best marketing teams. They know how to sell water to a whale.

Nike made Billions off that mind set.

Dudes like him with no hoop game thinking Cutting Edge Technology Uncomfortable Designed Jordans was gonna somehow earn them a starting position.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Breh...

Ummmm, Chuck Taylor's, Shell Toes, Dunks and Adidas Forum's were once basketball kicks.

Technology advances. They were all made for basketballl when they were created.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruh, as someone who owns over 500 pairs of shoes. Because I refuse to actually count them so we’ll just say 500 so that I don’t smh if it’s 600.

Jordan’s were made to play basketball in.

To my knowledge I didn’t say all Jordan’s were comfortable, I said they were the flagship model and had all of the technology to be the best basketball shoe.

Also one of the posters you mentioned stated that these two shoes were “Boats”.

15-kobe-bryant-air-jordan-12-flint-grey.jpg

hemoouvovhfre5wwgmyr.jpg

When they’re actually one of the most cushioned Jordan’s. I wasn’t speaking about comfort and cushioning, I stated that they were made to play basketball in.

As far as today’s shoes, The new Jordan’s are more cushioned than Kyrie’s :dunno: But not more cushioned than Lebron’s.

And no I’m not talking about newly released retro Jordan’s.

I can dig it and I get what you talking about. Nike revolutionized the basketball shoe.
By todays standards there are just other shoes I would prefer to wear to play ball in.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can dig it and I get what you talking about. Nike revolutionized the basketball shoe.
By todays standards there are just other shoes I would prefer to wear to play ball in.

You’re right, but the Jordan XII’s are still a good basketball shoe due to the traction and cushioning. I can’t speak on the rest.

My original point was that they weren’t just made for fashion and to be simply be stylish. That was part of it, but they were also designed to be the best basketball shoe performance wise.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
You’re right, but the Jordan XII’s are still a good basketball shoe due to the traction and cushioning. I can’t speak on the rest.

My original point was that they weren’t just made for fashion and to be simply be stylish. That was part of it, but they were also designed to be the best basketball shoe performance wise.

I am not arguing any of that, personally I just feel they are uncomfortable and 12's are one of my fav shoe.