(updated) Kobe Bryant Estate and Nike have reached deal to continue a partnership

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Can Nike re-release Kobe’s and will Kobe family get residuals off of it? Wonder how these new contracts work

yeah it`s probably in the contract they can do whtever thyey want pretty much but i`m sure he gets a percentage of the sales ..

kobe aint crazy enuff to sign no lump sum and done deal ...lol

thts why i`m saying also she set for life so she can afford to risk it ....

2missedcalls

Rising Star
Platinum Member
She's looking to do Kobe brand deal. Smart, but risky. If marketed correctly, it could be a baby Jordan brand.
Kobe didn't even like "Kobe's"
That shit ain't gon' work. A few months after he gets inducted (by Jordan)
it's over. The only people that really care about Kobe are Laker fans.
15-kobe-bryant-air-jordan-12-flint-grey.jpg

1-Kobe-AJ-III-PE-Runner.jpg

4-Kobe-Black-VII.jpg

hemoouvovhfre5wwgmyr.jpg

giphy.gif

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Not sure if this is a smart move.

It's not

Wasn't he working on his own shoe brand before he died?

Supposedly, that shit looked awful

Can Nike re-release Kobe’s and will Kobe family get residuals off of it? Wonder how these new contracts work

Yeah, because they've released sigs of several athletes who left Nike.

They just don't use Deion's logo. Andre Agassi left and they stopped using his logo until he came back.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think they more or less do what they do with Deions. Release the shoe, just without Kobes name, number, and logo on it. But you still know its Deions/Kobes shoe.

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
She's looking to do Kobe brand deal. Smart, but risky. If marketed correctly, it could be a baby Jordan brand.
IMO, Not without him still playing... My reaon for saying this is that most of the young kids out here that they will need to attract to make that brand blow! really haven't seen that dude play or understand the impact he had. Jordan brand blew up because Jordan was still out there dominating the game when his brand launched and built a following. Hard to do that postmortem.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She can go with any company, even Converse and get a Kobe shoe, own all rights designs etc and LEASE it to them! She owns his brand and name. It'll sell too. Smart woman.

lol... Nike owns Converse, and the Kobe Brand/Logo...

She'll basically be starting all over...

Kawhi lost his lawsuit with Nike/Jordan Brand for his Klaw logo ...