Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wpRj3Wm.png

This is a regular stock swing with an initial position of 125 shares. I will add more or average down based on the price action. I am betting that the stock doubles in less than 60 days. You can see the red days at the end of August that brought the stock down from $26 to $12. The short interest increased by 800k in December. I've been watching it for a month, and waiting for it to clear $13.83 (Friday). The red arrow is $16 resistance, as soon as it cleared it, I entered. Now, its up to the market gods and FDA. The plan is to exit before their earnings on 3/26.
THANK YOU, SIR....I appreciate the class you just held for me. I also want to commend you for taking the time to break that down like a shotgun for me... understanding is the key... again Thanks.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Tesla won’t be stopped

Oh yea, what company? - Thats the kicker.
BIDEN: “The federal government also owns an enormous fleet of vehicles which we're going to replace with clean, electric vehicles made right here in America by American workers, creating millions of jobs, a million autoworker jobs and clean energy and vehicles that are net-zero emissions. And together, this will be the largest mobilization of public investment in procurement infrastructure and R&D since World War II.”

Keep your eyes/ears peeled for who gets these contracts. Thats a helluva catalyst.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
BIDEN: “The federal government also owns an enormous fleet of vehicles which we're going to replace with clean, electric vehicles made right here in America by American workers, creating millions of jobs, a million autoworker jobs and clean energy and vehicles that are net-zero emissions. And together, this will be the largest mobilization of public investment in procurement infrastructure and R&D since World War II.”

Keep your eyes/ears peeled for who gets these contracts. Thats a helluva catalyst.
My brother just said what about WKHS?

WKHS + USPS (Fleet of vehicles) = $$$$?

WKHS is up in the AH.

GM's new truck is scheduled to be built in Canada - https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...slated-for-canada/ar-BB1cTxYm?ocid=uxbndlbing

NGA, XL, HYLN?

Last edited:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
My Nigga! Jack was like they can't miss you if you never gone baby!

JackMa_14032020.JPG

$BABA popped just because this man showed up on a zoom call :roflmao:. They really thought China was gonna off one of their cash cows. I hope everyone bought the dip. I grabbed a bunch of calls when they were super low but every dip I picked a further month out and a lower strike just to give myself more time. I was up 200% across the board. Today, I took profit to get back my cost basis and letting the rest ride the ER run up which is set for Feb. 2nd.

For those asking to know specific strategies and exits, I made my first real buys of January today all of which are set up to profit from a price increase in anticipation of upcoming earnings reports in late January / early February. I read charts so I picked up a few of my reg plays that were at or near support: $SNAP, $PINS and $AMD. I bought or sold $1 spreads grabbing multiple monthly option contracts set to expire on 2/19.

I also picked up a some longer term plays with $BAC and $IPOF. Bank of America is a new play for me as I wanted to have a financial stock to trade in 2021. It moves really slow so I grabbed a May 19th call spread option for $34/35 strike. The second one, $IPOF, is more of a risky speculative move. $IPOF is a spac play so there is no company associated with it yet. I wanted to buy shares but it moved away from my buy zone. So I decided to get a couple of 3/19 options with a slightly wider spread ($2.50) for .40. SPACs tend to run off of rumors of who they will merge with or when a deal is made. Given the popularity of this set of spacs and the fact that $IPOF is their largest one I expect it to keep growing even if nothing is announced by late March and if something big is rumored it will run up far more than $3.

The last move I did was straight yolo for $MU at the end of the day. Its no longer on my watch list but I bought a few super cheap long calls that popped up on the unusual volume list on the barchart.com site. It doesnt have earnings but it will react off of $INTC and $AMD earnings reports on 1/21 and 1/26. Not expecting a massive money maker but may make a couple quick dollars on initial movement.

Since all of these are options, my exit plan is to close them when I am up 50% or more or just prior to earnings whichever comes first. If i have multiple contracts and have gained more than 50% I will keep one or two through earnings. I will likely do similar trades around earnings from the main stocks on my watch list since that, along with Biden's initial moves, will be the main catalysts over the next month or so. Wish me luck and happy to get thoughts or questions.

Just to clarify what you wrote you put Calls on the ones you listed for an expiration date of 2/19?

I’d like to spend maybe $500-1k on calls and maybe do $500 on some puts. They driving up Gamestop so I’d like to do a put on that for February. White boys manipulating it hard. Good info !

edit I see you also did 3/19

FYI a Call says a stock will increase, A Put says it will decrease. You buys shares and set the dates you think each will go down or up. If it does you win however many shares or amount you put in plus some. Correct me if I’m wrong y’all.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
FCEL missed earnings by a few pennies. Stock is being dumped pre-market - Huge sell off
VDRM released news regarding large purchase order with medical facilities - May fly today
BTCS may drop by another 20%+ this a.m. following drop in crypto markets - Consider swing trading

You sure about FCEL? They not done yet!

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
You sure about FCEL? They not done yet!

This was a momentary phenomena. It actually ended up positive on that day (3% gain I think) Their earnings missed was only by a few pennies and hadn't wavered confidence in investors that much during intraday trading. I already made 50% return on on it. If I do jump back in, it may be a few calls.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
This was a momentary phenomena. It actually ended up positive on that day (3% gain I think) Their earnings missed was only by a few pennies and hadn't wavered confidence in investors that much during intraday trading. I already made 50% return on on it. If I do jump back in, it may be a few calls.

I made 35% return but I’m holding it. I believe they can hit $30 plus and 32% on PLUG I think it can hit $100 by end of year.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I am real new to this but what is the more experienced brothers take on CCIV? I got a few shares at 17.73 on the first day I started trading but even then I felt like I was paying too much of a premium for something that could fall to shit if the merger doesn't go through. I mean this thing was trading around $10 to $11 and then a "leaked" Bloomberg story comes out and it shoots to $18. Due to work, I missed some of the opportunities to grab some shares at the lower end of $17 yesterday but it closed at $22.35 today. The amount of hype around this one and the spike after the "leaked" Bloomberg story is making me uncomfortable and giving me the pump and dumb vibes. I'm interested in hearing everyone's take.

Im not an expert but you can put in a buy order at a set price. I’m looking at it and it went from 18 to close at 24 so somethings happening with it. I’d hold it if I were you and I may try to grab a few in a dip. Rule is buy low, sell high or trade. This one may be good for a Put or Call option.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
True but if you only have enough money to buy a couple stocks, I would put half in a index fund and the rest in individual stocks and grow from there until I can buy enough different companies to be diversified.

If you don’t then buy slivers if you can until you can get a few whole stocks. Pinch off the loaf until you can get a loaf!

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Another reason I realized, individual stocks do have splits.
Amazon, Netlix, and Nvidia all have splits that turn ppl in millionaires just from investing $100 - $7000 in the past 23 yrs.

Im thinking of chasing Amazon for that reason alone. Long term. It’s not for me and do any of you have thoughts on JMIA? The African Amazon? I couldn’t afford Nvidia so I got AMD

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just to clarify what you wrote you put Calls on the ones you listed for an expiration date of 2/19?

I’d like to spend maybe $500-1k on calls and maybe do $500 on some puts. They driving up Gamestop so I’d like to do a put on that for February. White boys manipulating it hard. Good info !

edit I see you also did 3/19

FYI a Call says a stock will increase, A Put says it will decrease. You buys shares and set the dates you think each will go down or up. If it does you win however many shares or amount you put in plus some. Correct me if I’m wrong y’all.
First off I'd leave GME alone especially if you don't know what you are doing. It's crazy volatile and super risky. Also, if you messing with options you need to pay attention to IV - Implied volatility. If it is really high then the options will basically be overpriced and limit your upside. GME IV is insanely high right now so buying a put is gonna be very expensive because everyone is trying to do the same thing.

As far as your question I picked 2/19 because each of the stocks I mentioned had earnings coming up a week or two before that expiration date and I wanted to give myself a little time in case I was wrong. I bought calls for the ones with low IV and sold puts for the ones with high IV. I don't buy any shares though i just buy and sell option contract spreads before expiration. Buying calls and selling puts are basically the same. However, when IV is really high it is a better deal to sell (put spreads) something overpriced than it is to buy it (call spreads).