The ONLY James Bond: Sir Sean Connery dies at 90

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
He was. Loved Sean RIP... I know we honoring the dead and all... But people talking bout he was the only Bond need to put some speck on Roger Moores name!!!:hmm:

I hear you but Roger Moore fucked up his legacy somewhat by saying some racist shit against Idris when he was being discussed as the next Bond right before his death.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you but Roger Moore fucked up his legacy somewhat by saying some racist shit against Idris when he was being discussed as the next Bond right before his death.

When I read the quote that was translated into English... Idris name wasn't actually in the quote. He was referring to Cuba Gooding Jr, then said the "He should be English-English... Its an interesting idea, but unrealistic." I dont know the context, if it were a direct answer to a "What about Idris???" Question or if he was referring to Cuba Gooding.(American-English) But at the time it wasn't really enough there after doing actual digging for me to say he was being racist. Thats not to say that he couldnt have been. He was still white after all.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Qa
When I read the quote that was translated into English... Idris name wasn't actually in the quote. He was referring to Cuba Gooding Jr, then said the "He should be English-English... Its an interesting idea, but unrealistic." I dont know the context, if it were a direct answer to a "What about Idris???" Question or if he was referring to Cuba Gooding.(American-English) But at the time it wasn't really enough there after doing actual digging for me to say he was being racist. Thats not to say that he couldnt have been. He was still white after all.

I believe this explains it somewhat:

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Qa

I believe this explains it somewhat:

Ehhhh... Again, I'll NEVER say a white person isn't racist. Im just saying that it's kinda thin, and if thats the worst a white person has on record regarding race... Ill let him live/be dead in peace.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
1962 Bob Simmons
The first official EON Productions James Bond film, Dr. No, was released in 1962. It opened with the gun barrel sequence that would become a trademark of the series. James Bond, played by stuntman Bob Simmons, walked along a white backdrop, shown through the view of a henchman's gun barrel. Aware that he was being watched, Bond quickly turned and shot the assassin. Blood dripped down the screen, the gun barrel trailing off and opening to reveal the main titles.

Bob Simmons could arguably be called the first official James Bond actor, and he was in fact the first person to portray 007 in a cinema-released Bond film. Bob's scene was reused up until Goldfinger, before being reshot with Sean Connery.

1962-1967 Sean Connery
In 1962, producers Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman brought James Bond to the silver screen in Dr. No, based on Ian Fleming's 1958 novel. With Sean Connery's unique style, the exotic locations, and the spectacular supporting cast, Dr. No became an instant success.

Sean Connery went on to play James Bond four more times in From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball and You Only Live Twice, before temporarily retiring from the role.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP

Remembering the legendary interview with Barbara Walters when he said you always have to keep your pimp hand strong.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pay attention folks.
We are witnessing the twilight of a true legend.
c4b6e4f669b393edb2f9cf64cace50bd.jpg

There have been many, many imitators, imposters, title holders, relaunches, re-imaginings and homages.
- Some were great.
- Some were good.
- Most were forgettable.
But they were all merely attempting to fill his shoes.
This man was more than just a mere actor.
This man is a true ICON.

Thanks for the movies & memories Mr. Connery.
And for always being an unapologetically excellent example of manhood and masculinity for boys & men throughout the decades....

RIP.
:sad:

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There was an American James Bond before Sean Connery but he was the first Bond of the movie series. There was an American TV movie in which an American actor played Bond about a decade before the movie series started. Bond was American in that movie.

For you youngin's, you'll neverk now how big it was for a James Bond movie to come on TV was. We didn't have cable playing a Bond movie every month, we had to wait for once a year for ABC to have Bond on, always on Sunday. Your parents had to left you stay up past 11. WE didn't have VHS or DVD's you could pop in at any time.

As a kid, I liked Roger Moore shtick but has I got older, I knew Connery was the real Bond

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sir Sean Connery, James Bond Himself, Dead at 90
By Rebecca Alter@ralter
Photo: WireImage
fc266df802f493e13a9cc85b9e3632f853-GettyImages-180190746.rvertical.w330.jpg

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, BBC reports. The Scottish actor best known for originating the role of James Bond on film “died peacefully in his sleep” overnight in the Bahamas, and “had many of his family who could be in the Bahamas around him,” according to his son, Jason Connery. His son added, “We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently, even though my dad has been unwell for some time.” Connery’s path to becoming one of film’s most iconic characters was an interesting one. Born in Edinburgh in 1930, Connery served in the Royal Navy, modeled for art students, was a footballer and a bodybuilder before beginning his acting career in a London stage production of South Pacific in 1953. He had roles in BBC television productions and minor films before landing the role of superspy James Bond in the first film adaptation of Ian Fleming’s novels, 1962’s Dr. No.
Connery’s magnetism as 007 launched a franchise, and he would proceed to play Bond in a total of seven films. Beyond Bond, Connery won an Academy Award for his role as a cop in Brian De Palma’s The Untouchables in 1988, and went on to star in films like The Hunt for Red October, The Rock, and to memorably play Indiana Jones’s father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Over the course of Connery’s career he won two BAFTA Awards and three Golden Globes, and was knighted by the queen in 2000. He is survived by his wife, artist Micheline Roquebrune, and his son.