The power of intermittent fasting

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man if I don’t eat for 36 hours I’m!

tenor.gif
interesting

Water, with pink Himalayan salt, magnesium and zinc will get you through the long term fast, plus tje fat burning, energy and mental focus is crazy.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I do a 36 hour fast every Monday evening starting at 7pm, i break my fast Wednesday at 7. The mental clarity and focus is crazy when I wakeup Wednesday, plus it clense my body from my cheat meals on Sundays and Mondays
I never understand the 36 hr. Because it messes up my eating routine.

I eat daily between 5pm-6pm. I don't religiously eat then, if I eat at 4:00-4:30p, it's not the end of the world, or eat at 6pm. But generally eat around that time.

So I'll do a 47hr or 71hr easily. And I generally power walk with the wife daily, like 7-9 miles. Never hungry or weak.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I never understand the 36 hr. Because it messes up my eating routine.

I eat daily between 5pm-6pm. I don't religiously eat then, if I eat at 4:00-4:30p, it's not the end of the world, or eat at 6pm. But generally eat around that time.

So I'll do a 47hr or 71hr easily. And I generally power walk with the wife daily, like 7-9 miles. Never hungry or weak.

I do the 36 to clear me out from Sunday and Mondays. Tuesdays i do a hard workout during the day then have plenty of water and green tea. All the other days i do the 20-4. I like the 36 hour fast because its starts my work week off right since I work Wed-Saturday. My eating schedule wed to Saturday is 7am to 11 am.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Water, with pink Himalayan salt, magnesium and zinc will get you through the long term fast, plus tje fat burning, energy and mental focus is crazy.

I’ve actually fasted for 3 days a couple of times only drinking water. I tough it out, or maybe I’m just foolish to have only water.

The first day is usually the hardest, by the middle of the second day I’m thinking “It sure would be nice to have something to eat”. But I’m not really hungry.

Day 3 I’m just ready to eat something at some point.

My problem is that I get headaches when I don’t eat, and also my energy’s real low.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve actually fasted for 3 days a couple of times only drinking water. I tough it out, or maybe I’m just foolish to have only water.

The first day is usually the hardest, by the middle of the second day I’m thinking “It sure would be nice to have something to eat”. But I’m not really hungry.

My problem is that I get headaches when I don’t eat, and also my energy’s real low.

The pink Himalayan salt and potassium will kill those headaches and hunger pains. During long fast your body needs minerals and electrolytes to keep balance and run right and keep energy.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Drinking black coffee and straight tea may also help. Every morn I have black (Bulletproof brand) coffee. Then a big cup of Burdock Tea with Sea Moss and Bladderwrack. Less than 10 calories, so does not trigger breaking my fast.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The pink Himalayan salt and potassium will kill those headaches and hunger pains. During long fast your body needs minerals and electrolytes to keep balance and run right and keep energy.
Drinking black coffee and straight tea may also help. Every morn I have black (Bulletproof brand) coffee. Then a big cup of Burdock Tea with Sea Moss and Bladderwrack. Less than 10 calories, so does not trigger breaking my fast.

Thank you for the advice, I’ll definitely take heed to it!

trick20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm trying at IF starting off with 16-8..first day was rough but i its getting easier but i want to get to at least 20-4. Isnt bulletproof coffee just coffee mct oil and wouldnt that break the fast?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I'm trying at IF starting off with 16-8..first day was rough but i its getting easier but i want to get to at least 20-4. Isnt bulletproof coffee just coffee mct oil and wouldnt that break the fast?
Yes. I'm saying I drink the brand 'black'. With nothing else. I've been on the Bulletproof diet for years and swear by the coffee. Since going hard-core OMAD for a year, been drinking it just black. Other brands make me feel tired after a few hours. Bulletproof I don't. But you can try other brands, just try a light roast.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I drink a glass of plain green tea every, plus I'll drink a glass for a pre workout also. If you can go 16 you can easily do 20.

prose00

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Uh oh...

KEY POINTS
  • Intermittent fasting, in which eating is restricted to a specific window of time, is a popular health fad.
  • But studies have primarily been conducted on mice, and not people.
  • A 12-week UCSF study of 116 overweight people found no statistically significant difference in weight loss between people who restricted their eating to a specific eight-hour period every day and those who didn't.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Uh oh...

KEY POINTS
  • Intermittent fasting, in which eating is restricted to a specific window of time, is a popular health fad.
  • A 12-week UCSF study of 116 overweight people found no statistically significant difference in weight loss between people who restricted their eating to a specific eight-hour period every day and those who didn't.
Fake News
:lol:

Biggest crock of shit I've read in a minute.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Uh oh...

KEY POINTS

This is always the case

something good comes out

study A day’s it works study B says no

Last edited:

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Uh oh...

KEY POINTS
Man intermittent fasting isnt just about weight loss. Its about insulin sensitivity and mental focus also.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Uh oh...

KEY POINTS
Man intermittent fasting isnt just about weight loss. Its about insulin sensitivity and mental focus also.

Yep, lower inflammation, healing, reversing certain conditions plus giving the digestive system a chance to reset itself

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Yes, i just push the time back I eat and mostly do one meal a day on my cheat days. Sundays and Mondays I go in. Last Monday i had about 16 lemon pepper wings, 2 boiled turkey necks and a daiquiri with my old lady.

Cheat Days are needed.
How are you affected after your cheat day? Depends on how crazy it got I either gain 0-2lbs

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How are you affected after your cheat day? Depends on how crazy it got I either gain 0-2lbs

I always hold on to extra /waterweight when I cheat but it clears out within a day. During the summer i can workout and easily drop 6 to 7 pounds of water weight. When its not hot I'll take some dandelion root pills for a diuretic to pass the extra sodium i had from cheat meals.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I always hold on to extra /waterweight when I cheat but it clears out within a day. During the summer i can workout and easily drop 6 to 7 pounds of water weight. When its not hot I'll take some dandelion root pills for a diuretic to pass the extra sodium i had from cheat meals.

Interesting..I'm going to try this..after election day..I'm starting back on it..my window had always been 12:30-630 and I would do OMAD on Saturday and Sunday as well..but fall is always hard for me because it's like when I watch football..I have to eat crap..lol

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
im still fasting but now on my non fast days i will snack on some peanuts with a small cup of coffee between the hours of
8-10 pm..by then im in the bed usually round 12-1 so im trying my best to keep insulin levels low at night during my off days....
havent been this slim without working out in the past 15-yrs...still doing my push ups 2-300 every other day... :yes: :yes:

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting..I'm going to try this..after election day..I'm starting back on it..my window had always been 12:30-630 and I would do OMAD on Saturday and Sunday as well..but fall is always hard for me because it's like when I watch football..I have to eat crap..lol

Man you gotta exercise on them cheat days, either before or after. On Sundays i get up around 9 and exercise, then watch ball at 12, eat around 3 or 4. Mondays i workout in the morning, eat around the same. The exercise along with them dandelion pills will push the extra sodium out your system

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I drink dandelion tea daily. It's delicious, it tastes earthy.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Not sure if you said this already but do you stay in you window during your chest days?
OMAD on them Christmas, new years and Thanksgiving meals

Definitely.

I plateaued when I was doing OMAD Monday thru Friday, and two meals on Saturday and Sunday.

I broke that plateau when I started doing OMAD everyday and made my cheat meal one meal. Been losing weight ever since.