UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Cowboy never shows up for the big fights

Agreed. Really quick losses to RDA, Till, Gaethje, Pettis, McGregor, and Henderson. His work rate over the years is a head scratcher. For instance June - January ... quick losses to Gaethje & McG, and getting busted up by Ferg'. 0-3. Takes too much damage. Has those slow starts, whereas his opponents don't.

Surprisingly he's gone full fights with RDA, Henderson, Diaz, Lawler, Edwards & more too. Never quite know which Cerrone will show up.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
roxanne-modafferi-maycee-barber-ufc-246-3.jpg

roxanne-modafferi-maycee-barber-ufc-246-6.jpg

roxanne-modafferi-maycee-barber-ufc-246-5.jpg

Damm, let me find this recap...them broads were brawling, for at least more than 40 seconds

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Damm, let me find this recap...them broads were brawling, for at least more than 40 seconds

It was an interesting match-up. Barber came in -1000 or so as a heavy favorite. 8-0 or something like that. Suffered a knee injury in the 2nd round or so, and got cut ... allowing Roxy (has 16 or so years seniority on her) to take over. Barber had some moments though with reversals / transitions. Shoutout to Roxy though ... she's paid her dues & fought a who's who in the sport. Good people. Not the most talented, but works hard.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I see him beating masvidal
Sheeeyit. But the way he did that to Cowboy, makes for a good story that will sell tickets for it. Mas Vidal is just as mean-- no MEANER than Conor, and he can strike as well. Way more well rounded and a real 170 pounder.

But if ya wanna sell it, and bring out the mean Conr in the press conferences again, this is the fight to make.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
It was an interesting match-up. Barber came in -1000 or so as a heavy favorite. 8-0 or something like that. Suffered a knee injury in the 2nd round or so, and got cut ... allowing Roxy (has 16 or so years seniority on her) to take over. Barber had some moments though with reversals / transitions. Shoutout to Roxy though ... she's paid her dues & fought a who's who in the sport. Good people. Not the most talented, but works hard.
Yeah , she doesn't have IT, But she's worked hard over the years. She's pure fundamentals. She didn't even need to go to the ground like that,but that's just her niceness getting the best of her. She was supposed to finish on the feet

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah , she doesn't have IT, But she's worked hard over the years. She's pure fundamentals. She didn't even need to go to the ground like that,but that's just her niceness getting the best of her. She was supposed to finish on the feet

Agreed. Shoutout to John Wood for working with her over the years. He's really helped her game, as has/have her strength and conditioning coach(es), as the commentary team pointed out. Just glanced back at her record ... she had an 0-6 run back around 2010, but 10 years later she's still around and fighting well (given her skill set). Has a good heart ... helps coach kids ... people in the sport & media don't have a bad word to say about her. Gotta respect that shit. Tough nerd.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
wtf Barber lost? All that shit she has talked. damn. Losing to the Happy Warrior at this stage is not a good look. I'm reading that her
knee gave out though.

In-cage doc' said before the start of the 3rd round it appeared to be a partial tear with a quick assessment of the knee as she sat down before the round started. Commentary team was relaying that afterward ...

KINGSAPIO

Torah All Day!
BGOL Investor
Lol I saw that too. I was surprised to see him look scared like that.

Connor's team (if they saw this) would show him Masvidal's look. Once their fight is scheduled and up for press conferences, the verbal warfare Connor will present will be a downright slaughterhouse. Their both phenomenal fighters and as we all know.... IF using Psychological mental combat right, walking through your upcoming opponent will have you on top.

Two different arenas of focus.. but just like what Arsonal did to Cassidy before the actual battle.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I went to the bathroom just as the bell rang to start...my son yelled..."yo....WHAT??!!" I get back and hear Joe Rogan giving a 3 minute recap for a 40 sec fight, haha

Reminds me of a funny moment years back. We're at a house party ... people are half paying attention ... Junior Dos Santos is new on the scene and quickly KOs Werdum. Both would go on to become future UFC champs. People were off in the kitchen and shit, and turned around like WTF ... Werdum leaned down into that uppercut. Damn.

giphy.gif

:cheers: :roflmao3:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sheeeyit. But the way he did that to Cowboy, makes for a good story that will sell tickets for it. Mas Vidal is just as mean-- no MEANER than Conor, and he can strike as well. Way more well rounded and a real 170 pounder.

But if ya wanna sell it, and bring out the mean Conr in the press conferences again, this is the fight to make.
Let's be real, masvidal is a solid fighter but he doesn't have the ko power of conor. He goes to a lot of decisions. Hes capitalizing off that Ben Askrin ko hype shit. I like him but I dont think hes beating conor or Usman or colby or Woodley

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend