'Bad Boys for Life' Looking at Possible $70 Million MLK Debut

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

Sony's Bad Boys for Life is looking to deliver the second largest MLK weekend performance ever after bringing in an estimated $23.5 million on Friday. Current expectations are for a three-day performance nearing $60 million and a four-day coming just shy of $70 million. Along with solid reviews from critics, the film received an "A" CinemaScore and holds a 96% audience rating at RottenTomatoes.

dam should have done a call ur shot on this one...

:money::money:

tumblr_pgggh1dXPR1wyeu7go1_1280.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Weather this week probably slow down sales a lil this week due to freezing temperatures and snowstorm fri/sat in ny/nj

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
@Hotlantan @Mr. Met this did twice Harriet's take in the first week. Do you think if this starred David Owelyo and John Boyega as Lowery and Burnett it wouldve been more convincing and did better or worse? "We all Black American!!!" right?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Will Smith's Overbrook entertainment is set to make a come up on this one. It was really good. It was long, but it didn't drag

Overbrook Entertainment is an American production company and record label based in Culver City, California.[1] It was founded by partners Will Smith and James Lassiter in 1998[2], around the same time production for Wild Wild West (1999) was underway.

The name "Overbrook" is derived from Will Smith's neighborhood in West Philadelphia. The company produces music, films and television shows. Smith claimed to have started the company in order to serve as producer and find roles. He uses his role in the company to help unknown artists record music and also records music for some of his films in Overbrook.

Filmography
Soundtrack
Distribution
  • The 7th Commandment (2005) (DVD)

slam

Super Moderator
:money:this is best opening of the trilogy .... :money:

so yeah part 4 coming....lol

Dolittle did ok i guess...

Star wars Domestic numbers might b the worse of the new trilogy ...& worldwide...:smh:

Oscar season so a few movies adding screens ...:yes:

c156b31331498744.jpg

tumblr_pngruiuxES1smde38_1280.jpg

bigdog_bx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SPOILERS - IF YOU DID NOT SEE IT CLOSE THIS NOW...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

Saw it in 4DX today that shit was fire!! I have a prediction based on some observations, this movie is setting up a new franchise. It may be a reach but it is very smart if I'm right. This movie is going to set up the Ghost Recon Franchise.

1. The names of all of the Mexican cartel members are the same as Ghost Recon Wildlands. - El Sueno, Santa Blanca Cartel.
2. The bad guys in Ghost Recon practice Brujería same as the mom.
3. The son is an excellent marksman. Key for Ghost Recon.
4. Reggie is in the Marines, allows him to be a part of it.
5. The tech was out of Ghost Recon. - The drone, the non-lethal weapons.
6. The new team is young & relatively unknown, and can easily be transitioned into a new franchise cheaply.
7. The son does not kill innocent people, which morally makes him acceptable to the audience.
8. The computer hacker (Every movie has these guys, but this guy is like a young Rock doing flying punches, tackling pillars etc.)
9. There are lots of bad guys they could keep killing in that franchise.
10. It would only need Will once or twice to set the franchise in motion.

I'm thinking of more, but this is my theory. I could be 100% wrong, but I don't think so.

slam

Super Moderator
Bad Boys

Grosses
DOMESTIC (65.5%)
$73,400,000

Gemini Man

DOMESTIC (28%)
$48,546,770

dam...bad boys made more in 4 days than Gemini man Made in its entire run ...:eek2:

Maybe we need some part 2`s of some of will`s hit ....like I-robot ..I am Legend...:yes: